Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To contact Xapo Support, please use our FAQs (https://support.xapo.com/)  (Read 64102 times)
Everybitbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:39:41 AM

Why its keep says that invalid addree or email?? Ive copy and paste everything from my blockchain wallet.
Cant even send payment from this morning.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TomasXAPOReview

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:11:50 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 04:06:45 PM by TomasXAPOReview

Is XAPO legit? I'm not sure yet. Wanted to review their debit card aswell as their service. Transfered around 0.60 BTC to my "XAPO Vault". But to order a debit card the coins have to be sent to the "Personal wallet", and not the vault. So I did an internal transfer between my Vault and Personal wallet which is supposed to take 48 hours. 48 hours is a bit too much if you ask me. Especially if it's just swapping between two of my wallets that's on my account (i.e NOT withdrawing).

But now. 4 days (!) later it's still "Processing". How can this process even take more than 24 hours (or 5 min)? No response from the support at all even tho I've sent 2-3 messages regarding this. Will keep you guys updated. Be careful.

Edit: Received to my "personal wallet", with some extra as an apology. Not sure what to do now after my first impression is quite bad. Do they deliver their debit cards as promised or not? Anyone here with experience?
Got a pretty reasonable explanation on why this takes some time tho:
Although you are correct in saying that it is an internal process, it is an internal process that is done completely offline, but also needs signatures from 3 different vaults that are dispersed around the world. The Xapo Vault is the most secure place to store your bitcoins, so we do not compromise security for convenience, which is why it normally should take 48 hours. In this case, there was an error on our end in which one signature was still required and it was waiting on this, which is why your vault retrieval took longer than 48 hours and we sincerely apologize about that!

Edit2: Meh. Went ahead with an order anyway. Stay tuned for review...
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:33:25 PM

Is XAPO legit? I'm not sure yet. Wanted to review their debit card aswell as their service. Transfered around 0.60 BTC to my "XAPO Vault". But to order a debit card the coins have to be sent to the "Personal wallet", and not the vault. So I did an internal transfer between my Vault and Personal wallet which is supposed to take 48 hours. 48 hours is a bit too much if you ask me. Especially if it's just swapping between two of my wallets that's on my account (i.e NOT withdrawing).

But now. 4 days (!) later it's still "Processing". How can this process even take more than 24 hours (or 5 min)? No response from the support at all even tho I've sent 2-3 messages regarding this. Will keep you guys updated. Be careful.

Edit: Received to my "personal wallet", with some extra as an apology. Not sure what to do now after my first impression is quite bad. Do they deliver their debit cards as promised or not? Anyone here with experience?
Got a pretty reasonable explanation on why this takes some time tho:
Although you are correct in saying that it is an internal process, it is an internal process that is done completely offline, but also needs signatures from 3 different vaults that are dispersed around the world. The Xapo Vault is the most secure place to store your bitcoins, so we do not compromise security for convenience, which is why it normally should take 48 hours. In this case, there was an error on our end in which one signature was still required and it was waiting on this, which is why your vault retrieval took longer than 48 hours and we sincerely apologize about that!

Edit2: Meh. Went ahead with an order anyway. Stay tuned for review...

I was wondering about this question for a while but never bother asking.. Maybe this is the right time and thread to ask  Grin
what's the benefit of putting our btc on vault? does the amount slightly increases by time? Or... its just safer that way? and what's the difference with the basic "normal" wallet?
marjod

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 11:56:40 PM

I was wondering about this question for a while but never bother asking.. Maybe this is the right time and thread to ask  Grin
what's the benefit of putting our btc on vault? does the amount slightly increases by time? Or... its just safer that way? and what's the difference with the basic "normal" wallet?

If I'm not mistaken, Xapo vault is a way to keep your bitcoins on a cold storage, which is more secure than normal wallet because they are stored offline.
If you use a vault, you have to pay an annual fee that works as an insurance for keeping your bitcoins safe.
NABiT

Activity: 318
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:16:34 AM

I was wondering about this question for a while but never bother asking.. Maybe this is the right time and thread to ask  Grin

If I'm not mistaken, Xapo vault is a way to keep your bitcoins on a cold storage, which is more secure than normal wallet because they are stored offline.
If you use a vault, you have to pay an annual fee that works as an insurance for keeping your bitcoins safe.

I haven’t used any vaults yet but I was just looking at the differences between Xapo & Coinbase which also has a vault option

“How much does the Vault service cost?
It costs nothing! The Xapo Vault and Wallet are completely free-of-charge.”

More info on the Xapo Vault
https://support.xapo.com/xapo-vault

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 01:56:21 PM

Xapo has recently been cancelling transactions that should have gone through. For example, I just wanted to sign up for a SEO service, filled in my Xapo Debit Card details, saw their test transaction appear in my wallet and then noticed that Xapo cancelled it (even though I had more than enough BTC available to cover the cost). A few days ago I've send them a support ticket about this, but to no avail.

This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm getting slightly annoyed by it.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Xapo_Partners

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:19:57 PM

Hey XAPO! I think you've got a minor disaster in the making. I just saw your announcement of Xapo World, which looks pretty cool. Except that your pricing is going to drive a lot of people NUTS.

First, everyone knows what a bitcoin and a satoshi are. No one understands "bits". I had to look it up myself and mentally convert everything to make sense of the pricing on the site. But that pales in comparison to the second problem:

You are using a period instead of a comma in all your "bits" prices. Now, maybe I'm wrong and you are selling Grand Theft Auto for less than two US pennies. But it seems rather more likely that you are displaying to American customers all your pricing using the foreign convention of a period where Americans use commas. (i.e., the price of a typical new car in America is $30,000.00.  Not $30.000, which Americans would interpret as thirty bucks.)

If I'm wrong in my interpretation and you really are selling all those games for a few pennies each, more power too you. But otherwise, you may want to fix or at least clarify this pronto.

Thanks for pointing that out. You are correct that we are making some changes. Down here in Argentina (and most of South America) the comma in numbers above $1000 are displayed with a "." instead of ",". We see how this is distracting and are fixing some of these things.

The idea with the bits store is to make things a "bit" more universal. Satoshis tend to be too small, Bitcoins tend to be too large. Using bits has been something that is always discussed in the community and what we are initially going with. With that said we will take your comment into account and if it continues to be confusing we have no problems in changing it.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:31:40 PM

You are correct that moving your funds to your Vault will put them in deep cold storage on servers that have never been connected to a network. So there is a miniscule risk that your funds in the Vault can be hacked. The timed withdrawal of 24-48hrs happens because different individuals in different continents need to manually approve the withdrawals (in which case our servers that again, are not connected to any network, will confirm the withdrawal). So besides a timed withdrawal that gives you, the owner of the btc, to stop the withdrawal if there is a problem, the funds are also being moved from safe locations. There is also insurance on the bitcoins stored in the Vault.

However, one important thing to clarify is that there is NO ANNUAL FEE to use our Vaults or insurance. It has been free since January:
https://blog.xapo.com/xapo-launches-suite-of-new-security-features-announces-xapo-vault-now-free-of-charge/

Xapo_Partners

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:39:53 PM

Can anyone tell me why I should use bit-x over xapo's service?

try E-Coin, it has the lowest fees on the market and the only company which offers virtual cards (it offers plastic as well).
Get virtual card and give a try, if you like you can upgrade to plastic or use virtual while plastic is on it's way

Hi /u/pmatveev and /u/marcotheminer we appreciate you adding comments about your btc debit cards. There are a number of other threads where these topics are being discussed.

I kindly ask you to leave this thread specifically for user issues in using Xapo so that we can help our customers.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:11:40 AM

Xapo has recently been cancelling transactions that should have gone through. For example, I just wanted to sign up for a SEO service, filled in my Xapo Debit Card details, saw their test transaction appear in my wallet and then noticed that Xapo cancelled it (even though I had more than enough BTC available to cover the cost). A few days ago I've send them a support ticket about this, but to no avail.

This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm getting slightly annoyed by it.
I just tried to do a $1 transactions through PayPal and guess what? It was cancelled even though I have enough money on my account! This is getting really annoying.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

TomasXAPOReview

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:02:23 PM

Sorry guys. Won't review Xapo. Just requested a cancellation of my ordered debit card due to the slow service and reply from support which to be honest scares me. Especially when I read about others having problems withdrawing their coins.

Will at least update on this process. Hopefully they cancel my order and let me withdraw my money without any problems (shouldn't be any if it's a legit company). Stay tuned.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 02:04:41 PM

Sorry guys. Won't review Xapo. Just requested a cancellation of my ordered debit card due to the slow service and reply from support which to be honest scares me. Especially when I read about others having problems withdrawing their coins.

Will at least update on this process. Hopefully they cancel my order and let me withdraw my money without any problems (shouldn't be any if it's a legit company). Stay tuned.
Care to share that reply? Anyway, I never had problems with withdrawing money, so you should be fine. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

TomasXAPOReview

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:12:49 PM

Care to share that reply? Anyway, I never had problems with withdrawing money, so you should be fine. Grin

Woops. It should be "due to the slow service and slow replies* from support". I haven't received any replies nor any shipping confirmation at all in 2-3 days even tho I selected DHL as shipping method. Having the same slow experience when moving funds from vault to personal wallet... I think it's better to just cancel the whole thing.
ONLYfree
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Hello,
Im using xapo API for sending payments from my faucet. But I have pending payments from 2 October, but most of payments are sending, but these are stuck here. What is the problem?

http://postimg.org/image/u8mg258fz/

Thanks

-2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:14:10 PM

I have ordered and still using xapo's debit card without problem or any hassle.
Let's check this thread about the details if interested:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1187388.0
I'm happy to answer to any questions in connection with it (if I know the answer Smiley )
I'm not related to XAPO, I'm just a simple user, so I'm not their customer service Smiley

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:46:40 AM

FWIW, I've been waiting a week now for Xapo to act on a simple request to delete a 2nd account I had created. It's not a big deal, but shouldn't take a week. I see others are having trouble with slow service as well.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
TomasXAPOReview

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:00:56 AM

try E-Coin, it has the lowest fees on the market and the only company which offers virtual cards (it offers plastic as well).
Get virtual card and give a try, if you like you can upgrade to plastic or use virtual while plastic is on it's way

Hi /u/pmatveev and /u/marcotheminer we appreciate you adding comments about your btc debit cards. There are a number of other threads where these topics are being discussed.

I kindly ask you to leave this thread specifically for user issues in using Xapo so that we can help our customers.

Hi. Can you please cancel my debit card order with DHL as shipment method?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:10:15 AM

FWIW, I've been waiting a week now for Xapo to act on a simple request to delete a 2nd account I had created. It's not a big deal, but shouldn't take a week. I see others are having trouble with slow service as well.

I just got an email saying they'd taken care of this, and verified that I was able to add my 2nd email to my first account. Thanks Xapo team!

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:18:58 PM

I thought you better write a direct email to their support team as i think the Xapo_partners are rarely active on this thread..
TomasXAPOReview

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:29:51 PM

I thought you better write a direct email to their support team as i think the Xapo_partners are rarely active on this thread..

I've written 2-3 emails + opened one support ticket aswell. No replies at all. Hopefully Xapo_partners can speed up the process.
Since no DHL email have been sent I expect them to cancel my order without any problems...

I will continue to update this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: