Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:38:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To contact Xapo Support, please use our FAQs (https://support.xapo.com/)  (Read 64102 times)
mkrypt

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:13:27 AM

@dunchy: Was that sell or buy rate at Kraken? If you are not in Europe, you'll be charged extra 3% for currency conversion + ATM withdrawal fee. That relates to all debit card vendors. Obviously people will use straight way instead of this long chain - win-win if they stop scamming each other

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xapo_Partners

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:04:41 PM

WTF?? Whenever i try to withdrawal cash from my Xapo debit card, ATM says not enough funds even tho i'm 1000% sure i got money in my xapo account and 100s of confirmations already?? This card only work occasionally so dont rely on it for your urgent withdrawals guys. It making me sick whenever i go to withdraw money and im already thinking to dump it  Angry

There are a few things that could be happening in your case:

1. Your card could have been blocked due to many failed attempts or incorrect PIN (which at times is not your fault, it's the ATM that fails to pass us the correct info). You can solve this by PMing me or by emailing support@mychoicecorporate.com who are the card issuer and can unblock your card if you email them from the email account associated with your card.

2. There is a 2X ATM withdrawal per day. Unfortunately this includes failed attempts so if you try twice without success you will have exceeded the ATM withdrawals times you have for that day. You'd need to wait 24hrs to retry. I know this sucks but they are rules imposed by Visa and our issuer.

3. Keep in mind that there are the ATM fees and (depending on your country) FX conversion fees. Make sure you have enough funds to cover those.

If you have any questions PM me and I will do my best to help you resolve it. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:10:59 PM

Used my debit card this night (21 of October) at 21:35. My card is denominated in EUR. BTC to EUR exchange rate used: 205.61 EUR/BTC. That was 12.76% hidden fee in btc2eur conversion in comparison to e.g. Kraken at that point in time. SLEAZY. Really sleazy Xapo.

We've provided an explanation in this and other threads. I will try to clarify and explain the difference in btc rates for your debit card. If you have questions let me know:

Why does my transaction history show a lower bitcoin exchange rate when I make a debit purchase?

Let's say you have a EUR card and travel to the US. You go out and buy a $30 lunch at a $300 btc exchange rate. You do the math in your head and confirm your lunch cost 0.1 btc. You get the push notification of the charge for 0.1btc and are happy. You then check the transaction details and see that in fact the exchange rate was not $300, but $299.  Angry?!

Another example..
Now let's say you went to the ATM and took out $100 at the $300 exchange rate. You do the math in your head and confirm you took out .33btc. You get the push notification of 0.33 btc and are happy. You then check the transaction and see that the exchange rate was lower, say $285.   Angry?!

So, why does this happen?

When you make these purchases the app will show the price paid for the item. However, in some cases there are fees such as foreign exchange rate or those charged at the ATM (by our issuer or the ATM itself) that are currently not getting itemized in the transaction log. In other words, instead of adding the charges as a $ amount on top of the cost of your item it will compensate by showing a lower btc exchange rate.

In the examples above, instead of showing your lunch cost $30 at $299 exhchange rate, the correct way is to display a $31 lunch at $300.
Or in the exampe of the ATM it should show the amount you are withdrawing plus the fees (which will vary depending on how much you take out and the ATM you are using) at a $300 exchange rate.

We are working on itemizing the additional charges so that you can see how much was paid for what. Once this is finalized the exchange rate will be fixed and correct, and you will see any additional charges added on top of the fiat amount charged.

The bad news is that this is still being built.
The good news is that no, we are not cheating you by doing a workaround of the exchange rate.

If you think I can explain further let me know. I am happy to try to answer any questions. If you are concerned about a specific transaction related to your debit card you can reach out to us at debit@xapo.com and we will take care of you.
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:59:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. I havent tried my xapo debit card since i posted here coz i was disappointed many times already. That insufficient fund message was shown before also and few days later i was able to withdraw few times again but this time almost a week i tried without success. I didnt know x2 times per day rule so i tried many times in different ATM so i dont know if that consider a fail attempts and no idea if my debit card is totally blocked now but i put always a right pin. I will try some day again to withdraw little money and see. But it seems like xapo banking partners are refusing or something clearly like that when ATM denided money for cash out. seems XAPO banking is flawed technically also i can say so lots of improvements are needed. Thats my feedback to Xapo. Good luck.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

I also hope that in the near future you can show separately the amounts of the purchase/withdrawal and the fees.
I use my card mainly for POS purchase not for ATM withdrawal and I have no problem, only sometimes the currency conversation 3% fee Smiley
But because sometimes people are asking about the exchange rate used in your system, I cannot give them proper answer and this can cause misunderstanding.
I don't care about the ATM withdrawal and the other fees that your partners (including VISA) forces you to collect because it applies for all debit and credit card issued by them, I just want to be able to see it transparently.
I know that IT development needs time and costs much but it can prevent you from this kind of problems caused by misunderstanding and by lack of proper information in the future.
mkrypt

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:35:34 PM

you can check ATM withdrawal fees of your transactions in mychoicecorporate.com's log. They are shown separately, in your card's nominated currency
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:51:38 PM

you can check ATM withdrawal fees of your transactions in mychoicecorporate.com's log. They are shown separately, in your card's nominated currency
It's OK, thanks.
But, you know I'm a bit lazy about this kind of things and that's why I would like to see it in my XAPO transaction log in the near future. I'm sure there are some more people with this habit. I like XAPO's system, but they should improve this part to avoid misunderstanding.
Most of the people (like me) won't take the effort to check that on another site, and some of them (not me) will be angry/disappointed because of the lack of the information. And because they don't have the necessary information, they will make wrong assumptions and maybe they will start spreading out wrong information (without checking if it's correct or not) about applied exchange rates.
This could generate more work for the customer service and can be wrong for the reputation as well.
If the information is already available somewhere, they just need to import it somehow, I don't know how difficult is it for the IT, but sooner or later it needs to be done, this is my opinion.
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:59:54 PM

Had nothing but a bad experience with Xapo Debit Card. Only ever got it to work once. The support was very slow due to there being only one person and generally he just copied and pasted paragraphs of help files that I had already read so it was just a case of going round and round in circles. Ended up being a loss making venture of about $40 for the card and (fees)  which is peanuts compared to the many hours of wasted time and energy trying to get their card to work and all the back and forth emails. They had plenty of opportunity to fix the issue but never did. I came away thinking its a scam to sell useless credit cards for 30 dollars a pop + some fees.

You cannot contact the issuing credit card company by any means so when you cant get your card to work you will always have to deal with Xapo support who contact the credit card company on your behalf. If your expecting a quick resolve...wont happen. Any problem could go in to weeks. I dealt with the company over a three week period - nothing but hassle.
chicken65

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:04:12 PM

WTF?? Whenever i try to withdrawal cash from my Xapo debit card, ATM says not enough funds even tho i'm 1000% sure i got money in my xapo account and 100s of confirmations already?? This card only work occasionally so dont rely on it for your urgent withdrawals guys. It making me sick whenever i go to withdraw money and im already thinking to dump it  Angry

Same experience here - it simply doesnt work if you need something even semi reliable. I tried maybe 30 time to use the card and only once was it successful and that was because the store I bought the small cheap item manually processed the payment in error. So the only time I got something was in fact due to an error of someone who worked at the online store.
chicken65

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:11:53 PM

1. Your card could have been blocked due to many failed attempts or incorrect PIN (which at times is not your fault, it's the ATM that fails to pass us the correct info). You can solve this by PMing me or by emailing support@mychoicecorporate.com who are the card issuer and can unblock your card if you email them from the email account associated with your card.

ever consider folks are not using the wrong pin number? That's the same line repeated to me over and over. Every time I contacted support it was always and without fail made out to be an error on my part. I made no errors. The card simply didnt work, but you manged to get $40 approx out of me eh...That can mount up if yo have had thousands of people buying in to this.  Im not suggesting Xapo is a scam, but well when it doesnt work why stop taking peoples money eh...
mkrypt

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:28:44 PM

I've received my debit card from XAPO in 2 weeks after ordering it on Sep.24 to Ukraine. But today I see negative balance in my account and previously canceled transaction is shown once more as "Complete".

Here's the screenshot from my account - http://prnt.sc/8rycmx

Here's the story:
Oct.13 - got notification from XAPO support that my account has been verified and spending limits are upgraded.
Oct.14 - put 1.15 BTC to my account
Oct.15 - tried ATM withdrawal in local currency - 5300 UAH (1.018 BTC). ATM rejected the transaction.
Oct.15 - tried ATM withdrawal in local currency - 2500 UAH (0.488 BTC) in other bank. Transaction was successful, I've received the cash. Available amount in my XAPO's account was shown as 0,66 BTC.
Oct.16 - My failed ATM withdrawal try on Oct.15 is shown as "Canceled" in XAPO's account. But there's another transaction on Oct.16 as "Complete" for 0.95 BTC. It's the same amount in local currency (5300 UAH) as in the rejected ATM withdrawal try. It was not done by me or authorized by me.

So my first experience with XAPO is so-so. Will try to cancel failed transaction and get refund.

2 questions to XAPO representative in the thread:
1) How my canceled ATM withdrawal transaction got approved by your system on the next day?
1) How negative balance is possible?

Happy ending of my trouble. XAPO refunded money back to my account in 8 days. Also received ELI5 explanation to my e-mail, both from mychoicecorporate and XAPO. Refunds are done manually by the line, up to 14 days.
bitreview

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:30:17 PM

Hi Xapo,

I've had an absolutely atrocious experience with your support.  I've contacted you four or five times over the course of four months, and nobody has been decent enough to respond.  Each subsequent email has started with some approximation of - perhaps you've overlooked my last emails... Has support been outsourced to the bitcointalk forum, or is there something particular I've done to be thus scorned?

Thanks
Dave
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:52:42 PM

Hi Xapo,

I've had an absolutely atrocious experience with your support.  I've contacted you four or five times over the course of four months, and nobody has been decent enough to respond.  Each subsequent email has started with some approximation of - perhaps you've overlooked my last emails... Has support been outsourced to the bitcointalk forum, or is there something particular I've done to be thus scorned?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave we are receiving support tickets for debit cards from any social media outlet. If you send me a PM with details (your email in Xapo and issue) I can help you from here and let my team know to close your ticket received via email.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:26:28 PM

ever consider folks are not using the wrong pin number? That's the same line repeated to me over and over. Every time I contacted support it was always and without fail made out to be an error on my part. I made no errors. The card simply didnt work, but you manged to get $40 approx out of me eh...That can mount up if yo have had thousands of people buying in to this.  Im not suggesting Xapo is a scam, but well when it doesnt work why stop taking peoples money eh...

If you dont think your issue is related to wrong PIN send me a PM and I will investigate for you. However, we mention this because more than 90% of the cases are related to wrong PIN.

A debit card can get blocked for 3 reasons:

You are using an incorrect PIN with your card purchases.
You've tried entering to MyChoice's webportal too many times with incorrect credentials. For security reasons they will block your card
You've tried calling MyChoice's card activation/PIN retrieval phone system, and entered incorrect information - again, MyChoice will block your card for security reasons.

To retrieve your Debit Card PIN, you can login to your Xapo account, and go to your main wallet. Then click on the little gear wheel on top of the card image to access your wallet settings:

You'll be taken to your Wallet Settings page: click on "View PIN" to retrieve your Debit Card PIN. As I mentioned, if you dont think this is your issue send me a PM with your email associated with Xapo and I will help you.
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:30:07 PM

Dear Xapo,

I am using your wallet service from 2 devices: my laptop and my android. I used to check my balance and transactions from my laptop only, but after I learn that the android version is more convenient, I downloaded it and started to check mainly from my android and occasionally from my computer. Problem is, ever since I downloaded the android version, your web version (the computer one) always asks for second factor every time I logged on from my computer, even after i ticked the "remember this device for 60 days", this is of course became impractical since the reason why i checked from my computer is because i left my phone somewhere far from me. Hence, your constant second factor forces me to look for my android, open the xapo app, enter the second factor, and see my account from my computer because "oh hell, i've been logged into the web one anyway, why don't I just look from it instead of the convenient little device which now already on my hand too"

Please advise
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:00:07 AM

Hey xapo can i change my mobile phone number or something like that ?
I just lost my phone by a sneaky thief in the train Angry
And i wanted to change the phone number associated with my ID because without that i can't withdraw my fund at all
I just sent the support an email about it, it's from teddy5145@gmail.com
I hope you can help me resolve this situation Wink
teddy5145

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:41:26 AM

And i wanted to change the phone number associated with my ID because without that i can't withdraw my fund at all
I just sent the support an email about it, it's from teddy5145@gmail.com
I hope you can help me resolve this situation Wink
Xapo customer service is not really that good it seems Sad
Sent an email then got a reply few hours later, after that no more reply for about 5 days from now Huh
I know that customer service is not an easy job, but 5 days without any update is really making me anxious about the condition of my bitcoin Sad
I contacted them again for the 3rd time today to see if they will response to my mail
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 11:09:14 AM

This thread is the official discussion but not a official support thread. Have you sent an email to support?

teddy5145

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:34:10 AM

This thread is the official discussion but not a official support thread. Have you sent an email to support?

If you see my post, then yes i did sent them an email but it only got one reply and it's been 5 days Sad
I know this is not official support thread, but i see there's an official representative from Xapo itself so maybe they can help push my case to the support guys Wink
Anyway, no email so far Sad
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:56:41 AM

same here, it happens a lot with me. I just throw my card into the bin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: