Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To contact Xapo Support, please use our FAQs (https://support.xapo.com/)  (Read 64102 times)
anonymousx

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:47:20 AM

The Service is really great, there is also the Option to set your second factor authentifaction to mobile tan and only uppon transactions over x.xxx. liem, u want it Smiley

So keep it up Guys Wink its great

regards
lama-hunter

That's a false feeling of security, they still own your privatekeys therefore for me you are not even a bitcoin user.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:38:24 PM

I hate the verification process, the SMS verification code works 1 in 5 times. I didn't have to use support yet but from what I read it's atrocious.

you can use xapo android aplication https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Xapo&hl=in
im use xapo wallet too, the sms code sometimes not work, but the 2fa from xapo app work perfectly

Plus, if we use the mobile app, we don't need to "verify this device" every once in a while just to check our balance..

Their support SUCKS big time!!! Sent 2 inquiries already and still waiting for an answer for two+ weeks ... doesn't look promising,

Uhh... their support was here just a little while ago, but now maybe s/he is gone (again).
Xapo_Partners

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:05:13 PM

Can you provide more info what you mean about affiliate sites? We still have a number of faucets and other services using us. You can see more info about our available tools at developers.xapo.com.

Oh, hi Xapo
You finally come up. Can you be more active, please? I believe all of us here love to use your service, but your slow customer service response somehow made us reconsidering to keep using you.

Is xapo require private info before we can open wallet, same as coinbase.?

Easiest way is by try it yourself, you can always stop in the middle of the sign up process supposes that you found their form didn't met your credential preference

Hey there Miiike how are you? Yes I will personally be more active on Bitcointalk going forward.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:15:59 PM

and the next question about the xapo service is
what if after 1 year using this prepaid card, i want to stop using the xapo prepaid card.
must i pay the annual fee for the next year too? and must i return the prepaid card to xapo?

The debit card works like "normal" credit card where we can take and spend some money in our local currency as usual, except instead of using fiat as its balance, it uses btc, right?
Then I suggest you to also consider the availability of bitcoin ATM and/or bitcoin-payable merchant around you, it would be pretty useless if you can't use it anywhere
ok sir, thx for the information
well indonesia is still new for the bitcoin payable merchant and anything else with "BTC" offline
gonna wait until indonesia can prove some of bitcoin ATM/ bitcoin payable merchant here

No need to look for bitcoin ATM and merchants that accept bitcoins. As other users have mentioned before the card works at any merchant that accepts Visa. So the merchant doesnt even need to know what bitcoin is and you will be able to make purchases if you have btc in your Xapo wallet.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:50:46 AM

Hey there Miiike how are you? Yes I will personally be more active on Bitcointalk going forward.

Are you going to send me my card?

Looking for a signature campaign.
dragonusa9

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:00:22 PM

and the next question about the xapo service is
what if after 1 year using this prepaid card, i want to stop using the xapo prepaid card.
must i pay the annual fee for the next year too? and must i return the prepaid card to xapo?

The debit card works like "normal" credit card where we can take and spend some money in our local currency as usual, except instead of using fiat as its balance, it uses btc, right?
Then I suggest you to also consider the availability of bitcoin ATM and/or bitcoin-payable merchant around you, it would be pretty useless if you can't use it anywhere
ok sir, thx for the information
well indonesia is still new for the bitcoin payable merchant and anything else with "BTC" offline
gonna wait until indonesia can prove some of bitcoin ATM/ bitcoin payable merchant here

No need to look for bitcoin ATM and merchants that accept bitcoins. As other users have mentioned before the card works at any merchant that accepts Visa. So the merchant doesnt even need to know what bitcoin is and you will be able to make purchases if you have btc in your Xapo wallet.
ok sir, gonna remember that thing for the future
keep up the good work xapo Grin
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:11:34 PM

The Service is really great, there is also the Option to set your second factor authentifaction to mobile tan and only uppon transactions over x.xxx. liem, u want it Smiley

So keep it up Guys Wink its great

regards
lama-hunter

That's a false feeling of security, they still own your privatekeys therefore for me you are not even a bitcoin user.
XAPO provides web based wallet (and android, ios, etc) with all the strengths and weeknesses of this kind of service.
If you want to use XAPO's debit card solution for it's original purpose like paying with a VISA card at merchants, you should do the same like with your fiat card. E.g. if you have money, let's say 10 (not EUR, USD but just 10 as an amount) If you use your fiat card for daily purchases and you use let's say 1 money per month, you won't put all your 10 money on your card's account but only 1 and you put your remaining 9 money somewhere onto a savings account or you buy stocks or just deposit it in the bank for a longer term for some interest to gain, etc.
But the most important thing is that you can use XAPO's wallet and card and you should use that with the same considerations like you do with your fiat card. You should not put all your Bitcoins into your wallet. You should not write the PIN on the card, you should take care of the card and don't lose it, etc. If you use it like your fiat card, it will be fine.
In this case you will only risk (if it's a risk at all) only the amount of your bitcoins you keep in your XAPO wallet.
For the rest of your bitcoins, there is XAPO's vault, but if you use the vault you still don't have your private key, so if you want to be 100% sure that nobody can take over your bitcoins you should find a trusted wallet you can handle your private key with. Or you should buy a hardware wallet to keep the rest of your bitcoins in.
If you use this solution you will have a desired amount spendable in your XAPO wallet with a VISA card, and the rest of your funds are hidden somewhere and noone can touch them.
If you think about an example from real life, you won't put all your savings in your leather wallet and put it in your pocket, when you go to a market where you can find a lot of pickpocketers... If you use your everyday practices in the bitcoin world, you can't be wrong.
Sorry for writing an essay Smiley
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:43:18 PM

Hi, thanks for showing.. Because i just got this problem very recently. I played wheel of bitcoin (which prior to this message, was downloadable via Google play) and for its newest update it redirect me to your xapo world. The problem is: i can't download it. I've allow the "third party" setting on my phone, so i believe that's not the cause of this "error".

Please advise.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:21:01 AM

Can you PM me the email you use with Xapo? I cant help investigate and confirm that your card was sent from our fulfillment center. Although if you got regular shipping (versus DHL) unfortunately there is no way for us to track what is holding up the delivery of your card after it leaves fulfillment. Arrival times will vary depending on your country and this is based on your country's postal service.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:23:48 AM

Hi, thanks for showing.. Because i just got this problem very recently. I played wheel of bitcoin (which prior to this message, was downloadable via Google play) and for its newest update it redirect me to your xapo world. The problem is: i can't download it. I've allow the "third party" setting on my phone, so i believe that's not the cause of this "error".

Please advise.

Thanks for letting us know. We just migrated our games from Play Store to Xapo World just yesterday so are still squashing any bugs.

Can you tell me the model of your mobile? Also, once you download what happens? Are you able to open the game but not spin? Or at what point do you get the error message?
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:27:20 PM

Please advise.

Thanks for letting us know. We just migrated our games from Play Store to Xapo World just yesterday so are still squashing any bugs.

Can you tell me the model of your mobile? Also, once you download what happens? Are you able to open the game but not spin? Or at what point do you get the error message?

It's simply not downloading, at all. So I can't even spin or open the game. I think the message displayed under my download list is "IO error, waiting for restart" or something like that
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:11:01 AM

Is Xapo down or something? I am trying login but no luck. I have right pin and entered 2fa but page is stuck loading. I did not used this wallet for a while.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:27:51 AM

Is Xapo down or something? I am trying login but no luck. I have right pin and entered 2fa but page is stuck loading. I did not used this wallet for a while.

It works fine for me (the mobile app), i tried to access their website too, and it's working, although i didn't try to log in. Try to check it on http://www.isitdownrightnow.com the site will tell you whether the web you try to access is down only for you or it is really experiencing some problem
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:46:36 AM

The first time i set up xapo account is because i was playing game and that game only support payment with xapo, after few time usage, i like the xapo wallet

The confirmation system need to improve though, when i sent the money using sms to get verified code, its take a long time, maybe xapo need to fix this

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:07:21 AM

It works fine for me (the mobile app), i tried to access their website too, and it's working, although i didn't try to log in. Try to check it on http://www.isitdownrightnow.com the site will tell you whether the web you try to access is down only for you or it is really experiencing some problem

Website is working all right, just after i enter pin and 2fa to reach my wallet, it stuck loading. I have tried few times with same result.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:57:17 AM

Can you PM me the email you use with Xapo? I cant help investigate and confirm that your card was sent from our fulfillment center. Although if you got regular shipping (versus DHL) unfortunately there is no way for us to track what is holding up the delivery of your card after it leaves fulfillment. Arrival times will vary depending on your country and this is based on your country's postal service.

I ordered it 2 and a half months ago.

PMed

Looking for a signature campaign.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:01:46 AM

I ordered it 2 and a half months ago.

PMed
I think at that time period your card is lost by the shipping company
Did you try to contact the shipping company first ?
Vasu

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:17:57 AM

Xapo have many drawbacks.
Sometime the verification / confirmation processes eat your head and it fails.
Everytime I login with same Device but always it tell me to verify myself whenever I login. And the code takes too long to receive. I am fed up of their service now .
Only one advantage is they pay fees for the transaction.
But the techinal things are very bad.
Xapo need improvement
Lasergun
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174

https://t.me/laser9un

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:53:14 AM

Everytime I login with same Device but always it tell me to verify myself whenever I login. And the code takes too long to receive. I am fed up of their service now .
Xapo need improvement

You just need to change your 2fa method from sms to Google Authenticator or Authy in your account security settings, and no more waiting at all.
CrimBit

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:12:58 PM

Xapo need improvement

I have been using xapo wallet more than 1 year and I have never experienced such your constraints
you should follow this advice

You just need to change your 2fa method from sms to Google Authenticator or Authy in your account security settings, and no more waiting at all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: