Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To contact Xapo Support, please use our FAQs (https://support.xapo.com/)  (Read 64102 times)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:38:44 PM

The real number would be what's the rate Xapo uses to convert BTC to USD...fees by themselves are not that intimidating but if they exchange your BTC to USD with a $380 value then we are in trouble hehe.

That transaction rate was 1BTC=370.80 EUR (about 414USD), pretty fair.
Check bit-x too and see if they have better fees/rates

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:43:43 PM

The real number would be what's the rate Xapo uses to convert BTC to USD...fees by themselves are not that intimidating but if they exchange your BTC to USD with a $380 value then we are in trouble hehe.

That transaction rate was 1BTC=370.80 EUR (about 414USD), pretty fair.
Check bit-x too and see if they have better fees/rates

That's actually quite good indeed, I will order one as soon as I'm able to and try it, seeing the first year is free then it's not really that expensive.
osama omar

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:56:06 PM

my xapo acount is blocked please help me to unblock it
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:26:58 PM

my xapo acount is blocked please help me to unblock it

Have you try to submit a ticket to their support team? You'll have a better chance of getting helped that way than if you just say it here
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:24:46 PM

Xapo, Inc  = a Delaware, US company who is operating financial services.

Xapo, Inc is NOT registered as money transmitter in Delaware nor in any other stare, so it is operating illegally.

For reference, Coinbase is operating in Delaware, USA as well but this is their license  :  https://www.coinbase.com/static/licenses/delaware.pdf

I don't understand why the people are discussing the service of an illegal firm. Smiley
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:15:41 PM

From their TOS (source https://xapo.com/terms/ )
Xapo is incorporated in Hong Kong , has an office in Palo Alto, California and operates Worldwide.... ...If you are using our Services in the United States, you are engaging not with Xapo Limited but with Xapo, Inc., a Delaware corporation and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xapo Holdings Limited
so using their service from EU i still feel legal  Tongue

Xapo, Inc is NOT registered as money transmitter in Delaware nor in any other stare, so it is operating illegally.
Source Huh

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:24:54 AM

Well the Xapo card works  Roll Eyes

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:06:04 AM

Xapo is incorporated in Hong Kong , has an office in Palo Alto, California and operates Worldwide.... ...If you are using our Services in the United States, you are engaging not with Xapo Limited but with Xapo, Inc., a Delaware corporation and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xapo Holdings Limited
so using their service from EU i still feel legal  Tongue

Source Huh

it's not how you feel, it's about how they are. Even in Hong Kong, they need a financial license to operate with Bitcoin.  They have not.

Xapo, Inc is NOT registered as money transmitter in Delaware nor in any other stare. You can check that with Delaware's Office of State Banking Commissioner.

Xapo is illegal.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 11:39:04 AM

how much fees transaction with xapo ?
im never using this wallet
There is no transaction fees on xapo.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:59:25 PM

Illegal or not they work fine for me don't see the problem.
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:51:39 PM

Source Huh

it's not how you feel, it's about how they are. Even in Hong Kong, they need a financial license to operate with Bitcoin.  They have not.

Xapo, Inc is NOT registered as money transmitter in Delaware nor in any other stare. You can check that with Delaware's Office of State Banking Commissioner.

Xapo is illegal.

Hey bud you need to give us source if you have proven accusations. I can believe you saying xapo is illegal but you need to bring us proofs of it, even as community service if you believe that. You cant say "they are not registered anywhere" because that would imply us going to check any license office in the world and it is not a walkable path. Please if you have proofs xapo is illegal, give us evicendes.
Thank you

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 02:28:24 AM

Source Huh

Xapo is illegal.

Hey bud you need to give us source if you have proven accusations. I can believe you saying xapo is illegal but you need to bring us proofs of it, even as community service if you believe that. You cant say "they are not registered anywhere" because that would imply us going to check any license office in the world and it is not a walkable path. Please if you have proofs xapo is illegal, give us evicendes.
Thank you

I did not say that Xapo is not registered as company, I said that Xapo is not financial licensed to make Bitcoin/money/commodity transactions in USA and neither in Hong Kong where they are registered with a company too.

It's very simple. Check this document and you won't find Xapo on it BUT you will find Coinbase

http://banking.delaware.gov/pdfs/alllicensees.pdf

Also, the law requires any licensed company to publish this information on their website and office. Xapo doesn't have any such information. A financial licensed won't hide this thing but on the contrary, it will be VERY visible because it brings trust .
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 02:44:19 AM

It's very simple. Check this document and you won't find Xapo on it BUT you will find Coinbase

Also, the law requires any licensed company to publish this information on their website and office. Xapo doesn't have any such information. A financial licensed won't hide this thing but on the contrary, it will be VERY visible because it brings trust .

Now that is a good point, see? Like i'm from italy and if soemone here would say "hey Hamu can you check if this italian company got their license for financial trade?"  i would do the same community service like you just did for xapo! +1 to you mayax and thank you for bringing this up.
Let's see what xapo will answer now...

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:55:05 AM

Now that is a good point, see? Like i'm from italy and if soemone here would say "hey Hamu can you check if this italian company got their license for financial trade?"  i would do the same community service like you just did for xapo! +1 to you mayax and thank you for bringing this up.

Xapo will say nothing. What can they say? "Yes, we are making illegal money transfers?"
The whole BTC market is full of illegal exchangers like Xapo; only 4 exchangers are financial licensed. Even the big ones like Bitstamp, BTC China, BTC-e, Okcoin are illegals. Smiley
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:19:32 PM

Now that is a good point, see? Like i'm from italy and if soemone here would say "hey Hamu can you check if this italian company got their license for financial trade?"  i would do the same community service like you just did for xapo! +1 to you mayax and thank you for bringing this up.

Xapo will say nothing. What can they say? "Yes, we are making illegal money transfers?"
The whole BTC market is full of illegal exchangers like Xapo; only 4 exchangers are financial licensed. Even the big ones like Bitstamp, BTC China, BTC-e, Okcoin are illegals. Smiley

What is the impact of this illegal things for us the users? Would it made our information less confidential or would it made xapo easier to scam us?
If there were no significant impact, then i think it's fine, they deliver a good free service. Their help desk is lame, i know, i think that's why their support team hadn't post any reply regarding these posts.
If there were some negative impact coming with this illegality, and i mean the ones that directly affecting us, then, maybe it's better to make a thread in scam accusation and discuss it further there, they're designed for this.

Err... Anybody realize that the subject of these posts are slightly changed?
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:22:58 PM

Now that is a good point, see? Like i'm from italy and if soemone here would say "hey Hamu can you check if this italian company got their license for financial trade?"  i would do the same community service like you just did for xapo! +1 to you mayax and thank you for bringing this up.

What is the impact of this illegal things for us the users? Would it made our information less confidential or would it made xapo easier to scam us?
If there were no significant impact, then i think it's fine, they deliver a good free service. Their help desk is lame, i know, i think that's why their support team hadn't post any reply regarding these posts.
If there were some negative impact coming with this illegality, and i mean the ones that directly affecting us, then, maybe it's better to make a thread in scam accusation and discuss it further there, they're designed for this.

Err... Anybody realize that the subject of these posts are slightly changed?

A regulated(licensed) exchanger is someone who invested a lot of money to get. Also, the gov knows about that company and it has a bond from it if something bad is happening.
A financial licensed company has yearly audit and all the information is public. The director is not a shell one, etc...

Once you are using an unlicensed company you should not complain on forums that you were scammed by X or Y exchanger.

What is the impact of this illegal things for us the users? What question is that? Smiley Of course, it has a lot of impact if you encourage illegal financial companies to activate.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:36:22 PM

A regulated(licensed) exchanger is someone who invested a lot of money to get. Also, the gov knows about that company and it has a bond from it if something bad is happening.
A financial licensed company has yearly audit and all the information is public. The director is not a shell one, etc...

Once you are using an unlicensed company you should not complain on forums that you were scammed by X or Y exchanger.

What is the impact of this illegal things for us the users? What question is that? Smiley Of course, it has a lot of impact if you encourage illegal financial companies to activate.

Hence, I asked. What would this illegality brings us? Would it mean Xapo has a greater tendency to scamming us? Or selling some of our information to public? What I'd like to point out is, does this fact brings so many negative impact upon us? And is it better to leave Xapo as soon as possible or would it still worth staying (because their free service is nice)?
factstraightener

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:05:27 PM

Hey Mayax - it's unusual to have a bitcoin user singing the praises of regulation. 
Virtually every company in the fintech space -- not just bitcoin -- is behind in trying to keep up with the maze of licensing required to run their business.
Xapo applied for the bitlicense http://www.coindesk.com/months-bitlicense-bitcoin-still-startups-await-approval-new-york/
and doesn't allow people in my state (North Carolina) access to their services, so I'm assuming they have the state license situation under control.  Perhaps they are in process with Delaware, which would give them a safe harbor?
Also, users outside the US are apparently served by a different entity, so your Delaware issue is irrelevant to people in, e.g., Italy.  The debit card is issued out of Gibraltar.
Unless you have inner knowledge of their licensing situation, or work for Coinbase, it's hard to understand the FUD you are purveying.  Go do something productive.
factstraightener

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:17:56 PM

And by the way, PayPal, Wonga and dozens of other fintech companies that changed peoples' lives were in some way, in most jurisdictions, "illegal".  Chill out.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:34:49 AM

And by the way, PayPal, Wonga and dozens of other fintech companies that changed peoples' lives were in some way, in most jurisdictions, "illegal".  Chill out.

Paypal is licensed in all the countries they activate. More than that, Paypal owns a bank in Europe. Smiley So, chill with Paypal.

Most US states require money services businesses operating within their territory to be licensed with the state banking department. Xapo is accepting US customers.

You said "Xapo applied for the NewYork bitlicense". According to the law, "No person or entity may engage in the business of selling or issuing payment instruments,  or engage in the business of receiving money for transmission or transmit money without a license from the Superintendent". The applying doesn't mean licensed. The licensed can be refused to them.

Also, a license in New York doesn't mean a license in Ohio or Idaho.

So, "Perhaps they are in process with Delaware" it's not according to the law again. Smiley  Please read the laws and then come to talk.

Other example: they accept customers from California, Texas, Florida and they are not licensed. What does mean? It means Xapo is operating unlicensed money transmitter.

https://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-releases/2015/manhattan-u.s.-attorney-announces-charges-against-two-florida-men-for-operating-an-underground-bitcoin-exchange

There are so many example of people who are in jail for what Xapo and OTHER exchangers are doing.

The question is: Do you want BTC to be mainstream or underground? Mainstream means regulation, license, rules, laws.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: