Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:27:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To contact Xapo Support, please use our FAQs (https://support.xapo.com/)  (Read 64102 times)
factstraightener

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:08:39 AM

Ok, I have "come back to talk."

This is the last ten minutes I am going to waste on this because you obviously don't know what you are talking about and, having spent time in these waters, I do.  This is aside from the fact that your coming on a bitcoin forum and damning companies for not sufficiently complying with statist regulation is bizarre and contemptible.

1.  NY Bitlicense provides for a safe harbor for firms in the application process.  If you are too dense to read the entire bitlicense itself, read below a quote from someone who drafted it:

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/20/bitlicense-bitcoin-lawsky-red-tape

"CoinDesk reached out to former NYDFS attorney Dana Syracuse, who defended the BitLicense on the grounds that "the process so far does not differ from traditional Money Service Business (MSB) licenses" and that firms waiting on approval can continue operating under the law’s safe harbor provision."

Many States provide the same safe harbor, either explicitly or in practice, i.e., if companies are trying to in good faith the apply, they are not treated as "illegal" and they are not shut down.

2.  Many states have not decided on how to treat bitcoin companies.  Bitcoin companies reach out, ask for clarity about whether MTLs apply to them, and are told to wait until the state decides.  As long as the companies are proactively ready to comply, they are allowed to operate.  California is an example of this.  Texas is another (and in fact is very open to letting bitcoin companies operate, so far, without licenses).

3.  If you read MTL statutes in these states, and assume that they apply to bitcoin companies, you are wildly mistaken.  Each state is trying to figure out whether their current MTLs apply to bitcoin companies and in what circumstances.  So you can't say, "The MTL regs say this" and assume it applies to bitcoin companies.  There are 50 different states with 50 different approaches.

4. With regard to PayPal, you are an imbecile.  Of course they are licensed now -- they are a public company and have billions of dollars at their disposal. In their first 2-3 years, however, they violated just about every MTL in existence, as well as the rules of Visa and Mastercard.  They were eventually sued and fined by Louisiana and other states. 

http://www.cnet.com/news/feds-paypal-not-a-bank/

5.  If bitcoin going "mainstream" means being subject to regulation that makes it no better, with no more privacy, than our existing payment systems, then no, I don't want it to go mainstream. 

6.  Finally, what kind of person are you -- what kind of bitcoin user -- that you rely on regulators (state money transmitter licenses!) in order to have trust in bitcoin companies.  All of the financial services companies that tanked the world economy in 2008 were heavily regulated and compliant.  Very few of them broke the law or violated regulations.   Think for yourself, diligence for yourself, and stop being a lemming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gseppe

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:45:07 AM

hoping that someone can help me with this.

I have been playing on draftkings with a stealth UK paypal account and now I want to cash out. I was looking at option and it looks like I can use a XAPO debit card to transfer the funds from paypal to my debit card.

Is that correct?

Can I link the Xapo Debit Card with my PayPal account?
You can indicate the Xapo Debit Card as a new payment card in your PayPal account.

Although you can technically use the "Withdraw from PayPal" function to top up your Xapo bitcoin wallet, please keep in mind the following:

1) As the Xapo Debit Card is exclusively a bitcoin debit card, when you use the "withdraw from PayPal" feature you are in effect purchasing bitcoins. Hence, the transaction will be treated as any standard bitcoin purchase via the Xapo platform, which means that corresponding commissions will be applied.

2) Due to the nature of the transaction, your bitcoin purchase via "withdraw from PayPal" arrives as a manual credit to be made to your wallet. This means that your bitcoins purchased via "withdraw from PayPal" will not be automatically processed. We process manual credits as soon as we can, but usually every 14 days. We will use a BTC price at the moment of the manual credit to determine the amount of bitcoin that should be credited to your account, and then apply any due commissions.

It does suck that I have to wait 14 days to get my money but it's better then nothing!
jemb90

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:11:41 PM

Hey guys. Hopefully somebody can help me with this one.

I've problems logging in. Nothing wrong with either my email or PIN, but once I type both I'm redirected to this link  "https://app.xapo.com/" and there's the xapo logo supposedly loading something but it just stays there and I can't manage to get to my wallet/dashboard. I've tried using different browsers Chrome, Firefox and Opera but the problem remains.

What can I do? Thx
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 07:02:08 PM by mayax

Ok, I have "come back to talk."

This is the last ten minutes I am going to waste on this because you obviously don't know what you are talking about and, having spent time in these waters, I do.  This is aside from the fact that your coming on a bitcoin forum and damning companies for not sufficiently complying with statist regulation is bizarre and contemptible.

1.  NY Bitlicense provides for a safe harbor for firms in the application process.  If you are too dense to read the entire bitlicense itself, read below a quote from someone who drafted it:

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/20/bitlicense-bitcoin-lawsky-red-tape

"CoinDesk reached out to former NYDFS attorney Dana Syracuse, who defended the BitLicense on the grounds that "the process so far does not differ from traditional Money Service Business (MSB) licenses" and that firms waiting on approval can continue operating under the law’s safe harbor provision."

Many States provide the same safe harbor, either explicitly or in practice, i.e., if companies are trying to in good faith the apply, they are not treated as "illegal" and they are not shut down.

2.  Many states have not decided on how to treat bitcoin companies.  Bitcoin companies reach out, ask for clarity about whether MTLs apply to them, and are told to wait until the state decides.  As long as the companies are proactively ready to comply, they are allowed to operate.  California is an example of this.  Texas is another (and in fact is very open to letting bitcoin companies operate, so far, without licenses).

3.  If you read MTL statutes in these states, and assume that they apply to bitcoin companies, you are wildly mistaken.  Each state is trying to figure out whether their current MTLs apply to bitcoin companies and in what circumstances.  So you can't say, "The MTL regs say this" and assume it applies to bitcoin companies.  There are 50 different states with 50 different approaches.

4. With regard to PayPal, you are an imbecile.  Of course they are licensed now -- they are a public company and have billions of dollars at their disposal. In their first 2-3 years, however, they violated just about every MTL in existence, as well as the rules of Visa and Mastercard.  They were eventually sued and fined by Louisiana and other states.  

http://www.cnet.com/news/feds-paypal-not-a-bank/

5.  If bitcoin going "mainstream" means being subject to regulation that makes it no better, with no more privacy, than our existing payment systems, then no, I don't want it to go mainstream.  

6.  Finally, what kind of person are you -- what kind of bitcoin user -- that you rely on regulators (state money transmitter licenses!) in order to have trust in bitcoin companies.  All of the financial services companies that tanked the world economy in 2008 were heavily regulated and compliant.  Very few of them broke the law or violated regulations.   Think for yourself, diligence for yourself, and stop being a lemming.

you didn't understand anything from what you read. maybe you are just a lame hipster or lumbersexual with a taliban beard. Smiley

each financial company(like Xapo) must be licensed in almost all the STATES from USA. I am not a Coinbase fan but on contrary. I think Coinbase have an agenda and their investors want to create a new BTC for themself; BUT Coinbase are licensed in almost all USA. Why? Are they stupid to spend millions of dollars on lawyers and bonds and to maintain these licenses? NO! They understand that it's not possible to grow and to have the peace of the mind otherwise.

Of course, I can say the same about Circle : https://www.circle.com/en/legal/licenses  . Are they stupids too?
They are based in Massachusetts but they have licenses in all the states, including Delaware where Xapo is based.   Xapo doesn't have. Why? Smiley

California, Texas and Florida are only few examples of states that require a financial license if you run a Bitcoin exchanger.
Again, I recommend you to read the laws properly and here is a recent case.

https://www.versustexas.com/criminal/bitcoin/

In July 2015, Anthony Murgio and Yuri Lebedev faced criminal charges in connection of their operation of a Bitcoin exchange site called Coin.mx. In November 2015, Murgio pleaded not guilty to the following charges:

Conspiracy to operate an unlicensed money transmitting business;
Operation of an unlicensed money transmitting business;

---

Other examples:

New Hampshire:  http://news.dinbits.com/2015/12/bitcoin-now-prohibited-in-state-of-new.html

Florida: https://www.rt.com/usa/bitcoin-florida-laundering-arrest-431/

Colorado : http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/bitcoin-trader-reportedly-gets-5-years-in-jail-for-unlicensed-money-transmission/

Virginia: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/fastcash4bitcoins-suspends-sales-1370291613

I can find examples for almost all the USA but it's useless.You won't understand the point anyway

Anytime, the feds can knock at your door if you are running an unlicensed money transmitter as the 99% Bitcoin exchangers are. Smiley

Back on topic : Xapo is an unlicensed money transmitter
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:38:42 PM

hoping that someone can help me with this.

I have been playing on draftkings with a stealth UK paypal account and now I want to cash out. I was looking at option and it looks like I can use a XAPO debit card to transfer the funds from paypal to my debit card.

-- snip --

you didn't understand anything from what you read. maybe you are just a lame hipster or lumbersexual with a taliban beard. Smiley

-- snip --

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think you quote the wrong guy.
And honestly, I'm interested and still curios of the answer for my previous post on this thread. If you can help answering it, I'll be glad.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:13:56 PM

tryed to contact the support few times becorse of pending transactions but no response -.-
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:25:11 AM

tryed to contact the support few times becorse of pending transactions but no response -.-

you can tryed it again, i have some problem in last month but i get reply in 30minute, te support is fast responds, that's why im still use xapo.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:07:20 AM

you can tryed it again, i have some problem in last month but i get reply in 30minute, te support is fast responds, that's why im still use xapo.

I confirm: their support is very fast. Even the worst issue i had (BTC disappeared from my balance after 8 confirmations on blockchain) got a solution in less than one hour. They have even a whatsapp and wechat line rather than the canonical support email: they answer very fast.

z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:22:59 PM

Is it just me or you having some problems with login today?

its 30 minutes like this, just "loading"

??
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:10:48 PM

Wrote XAPO support on 14.03 no response.
Re-wrote them on 21.03 and still no response.

Merchant refunded a purchase on 10.03 but it still hasn't arrived and 0 response from support on how long will it take.

what is the problem you having with xapo? I found that OP wasn't online for long time.. almost one year..

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:48:48 PM

Wrote XAPO support on 14.03 no response.
Re-wrote them on 21.03 and still no response.

Merchant refunded a purchase on 10.03 but it still hasn't arrived and 0 response from support on how long will it take.

what is the problem you having with xapo? I found that OP wasn't online for long time.. almost one year..

You mean the OP as in the username xapo on this thread or the one as the admin of their helpdesk? If you mean the username one, it is true that his last active time was may last year, but the answers for a few problems issued on this thread are all answered by the username xapo_partners these past few months, and his last activity was just a few days ago, march 21
rienelber

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:33:45 PM

I'm able to access and transact using my wallet without any issues.

jemb90

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:18:34 PM

http://shrani.si/f/K/kB/14op5dtm/capture.png

??

I'm experiencing the same problem since a month ago. I already exposed my problem here but they haven't answered yet.
factstraightener

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:25:20 AM

each financial company(like Xapo) must be licensed in almost all the STATES from USA. I am not a Coinbase fan but on contrary. I think Coinbase have an agenda and their investors want to create a new BTC for themself; BUT Coinbase are licensed in almost all USA. Why? Are they stupid to spend millions of dollars on lawyers and bonds and to maintain these licenses? NO! They understand that it's not possible to grow and to have the peace of the mind otherwise.

Of course, I can say the same about Circle : https://www.circle.com/en/legal/licenses  . Are they stupids too?

No, Mayax, they are not "stupids" but you apparently are.  Nothing you write contradicts what I wrote previously.  You just restated your original, non-legalistic case with some Google searches on MLT headlines: most (all?) of those cases involved a lot more than MTL violations, they were criminal conspiracies, which is why people were prosecuted and went to jail.

If you don't have the true context, state by state, for how they interpret and enforce their law, and the different business models of the companies they regulate (e.g., Coinbase runs a true "exchange" business, Xapo does not), then you are just a amateur with too much time on his hands doing Google searches.

Some final points:

1. if you violate state MTLs, "the feds" don't kick down your door, because the "feds" refers to federal, not state, law enforcement.

2.  you are a self-appointed rent-a-cop for bitcoin regulation, like a neighborhood watch wanna-be that follows people around to see if they jaywalk.   Go build something, do something productive -- or at least try to get a life.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:36:55 PM

??

I'm experiencing the same problem since a month ago. I already exposed my problem here but they haven't answered yet.
Most of time if you restart the app of webpage the problems is solved. Experience this problem with the first time I start the app.
jemb90

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:02:21 AM

http://shrani.si/f/K/kB/14op5dtm/capture.png

??

Most of time if you restart the app of webpage the problems is solved. Experience this problem with the first time I start the app.

Hmm by "restart" you mean reload/F5 ?? Cause I've already did that and nothing changes.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:31:29 AM

??

Hmm by "restart" you mean reload/F5 ?? Cause I've already did that and nothing changes.

You are using xapo web based one or the phone based one? I don't know much about the web one, but maybe you can try to clear your cache or check if its down (i think mostly it'll say its down for you, so maybe you cam just skip to clearing cache) or you can download the phone app, it works fine
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:19:28 AM

??

You are using xapo web based one or the phone based one? I don't know much about the web one, but maybe you can try to clear your cache or check if its down (i think mostly it'll say its down for you, so maybe you cam just skip to clearing cache) or you can download the phone app, it works fine

I'm using web (tried on 2 different PCs - win7 and win10).
Wrote to xapo support but still no answer from them.
Weird.
Miiike
Legendary

Wait... What?

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:26:00 AM

Weird.

Tried both the web and the phone based just due to curiosity, they works just fine. Does using vpn helps?
dragonusa9

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:34:25 AM

Weird.
i tried it just now, but it's work fine at my place.
maybe you can check your internet? or even clearing your browser cache? and how about using other browser too?
NB: my PC is using Win7 though
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: