Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916321 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:53:12 PM

Sometimes he's busy -- whether that means busy working, busy holidaying, whatever.  FC is known for it.  A delay in transferring shares is quite common (I'm amazed he does share transfers at all -- he should have switched to e.g. colored coins by now).  This does not make him a scammer FFS.

Really? You seem like the only optimistic one at this point.

You seem like the only one who can't grow up and end your crusade against AM.

Why can't you just admit that SP-tech, Bitmain, and Asicminer are the best/most trustworthy hardware manufacturers? Why must it be SPtech or nothing with you? (rhetorical question, I know you're getting paid handsomely to pimp SP-tech gear)

Yes, AM is extremely lacking in terms of customer support, and they are desperately in need of a solution for share transfers, but they've scammed absolutely no one in the several years they've been in business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:18:15 PM

Yes, AM is extremely lacking in terms of customer support, and they are desperately in need of a solution for share transfers...

So underpreforming/cap popping/catching on fire thing's no longer an issue?  Good divs for investors (not even laughing now, honest) and everything?
Sorry if this was all answered, been out of the loop.
jimmothy

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:33:51 PM

Quote from: NotLambchop link=topic=99497.msg10441683#msg10441683
So underpreforming/cap popping/catching on fire thing's no longer an issue?

Correct. AM offered to buyback all prisma's at the original price.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:40:21 PM

Quote from: NotLambchop link=topic=99497.msg10441683#msg10441683
So underpreforming/cap popping/catching on fire thing's no longer an issue?

Correct. AM offered to buyback all prisma's at the original price.

I purchased one of the original prisma back in October.  I took AM up on their offer of getting a replacement instead of a full buy-back.  I received my prisma 2.0 late last week.  I sent prisma 1.0 to CrazyGuy in late December 2014.

The original BE controller didn't work with the prisma 2.0 so CrazyGuy sent me a new one.  I've been testing the prisma this week and getting some results.  The prisma 2.0 doesn't like my Corsair RM850 gold PSU.  I had 2 boards running on 1 PSU and the PSU would reset after ~1hr.  I'm currently testing 1 board on 1 PSU and I hope to have results tonight / tomorrow.

No word yet on compensation for lost mining time per FC post.  I would guess that CrazyGuy is waiting for me to be fully up and running.  CrazyGuy has been helpful with the process.   
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 10:42:40 AM

FC seems to no longer be fulfilling AM's most basic obligation to their original shareholders.   Sad

XPOST of interest to investors in ASICMINER and its subsidiaries/partners/products:

OgNasty, where you at?

I'm waiting patiently for confirmation that shares have been transferred so I can make the final payment.  I offered to send 0.75 BTC now to satisfy the agreement in exchange for assuming the risk of AM not paying out or confirming the share transfer.  I am still happy to do that, or we can stick to the original agreement and wait for confirmation from AM.

Friedcat is a scammer if he does not honor his promise to transfer shares upon request.

We risked our BTC to make him rich and famous.  And now he's too busy being successful to spend 5 minutes dealing with an early investor?

If Friedcat breaks his promise to confirm share transfers, I hope the Chinese Scam Police hunt him down and teach him a lesson.
Sometimes he's busy -- whether that means busy working, busy holidaying, whatever.  FC is known for it.  A delay in transferring shares is quite common (I'm amazed he does share transfers at all -- he should have switched to e.g. colored coins by now).  This does not make him a scammer FFS.

I'm glad FC is very busy.  MININGCO.ETF helped FC become so busy with success and has been waiting 60 days for this share transfer to OgNasty.

This is a breach of what the OP promises.  If shares cannot be transferred, they are worthless.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:58:59 PM

Why can't you just admit that SP-tech, Bitmain, and Asicminer are the best/most trustworthy hardware manufacturers? Why must it be SPtech or nothing with you? (rhetorical question, I know you're getting paid handsomely to pimp SP-tech gear)

Yes, AM is extremely lacking in terms of customer support, and they are desperately in need of a solution for share transfers, but they've scammed absolutely no one in the several years they've been in business.

And you seem like the few who will not accept the fact that AM is dead. You contradict yourself in the above post. AM can't be the best/most trustworthy hardware when they are lacking in terms of customer support.

It doesn't have to be SPTech or nothing with me. It has to be a manufacturer that offers a good service overall. I defended KnC in their Jupiter launch days because they deserved it and I bashed them when they deserved it. I was a big fan of Bitfury also in their early days, but they have disappointed me with their strategy of selling overpriced miners to regular customers while offering heavy discounted sales towards their big customers. I know that they are a business, but they pissed on their few regular customers.  Regarding BITMAIN I don't agree with their policy of selling used miners from their farms to customers.

You are against me because companies can't treat their customers treated right. Ok.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:11:45 PM

And you seem like the few who will not accept the fact that AM is dead. You contradict yourself in the above post. AM can't be the best/most trustworthy hardware when they are lacking in terms of customer support.

It doesn't have to be SPTech or nothing with me. It has to be a manufacturer that offers a good service overall. I defended KnC in their Jupiter launch days because they deserved it and I bashed them when they deserved it. I was a big fan of Bitfury also in their early days, but they have disappointed me with their strategy of selling overpriced miners to regular customers while offering heavy discounted sales towards their big customers. I know that they are a business, but they pissed on their few regular customers.  Regarding BITMAIN I don't agree with their policy of selling used miners from their farms to customers.

You are against me because companies can't treat their customers treated right. Ok.

oh please go shill your science back in the 20mb fork thread.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:54:56 PM

It doesn't have to be SPTech or nothing with me. It has to be a manufacturer that offers a good service overall. I defended KnC in their Jupiter launch days because they deserved it and I bashed them when they deserved it. I was a big fan of Bitfury also in their early days, but they have disappointed me with their strategy of selling overpriced miners to regular customers while offering heavy discounted sales towards their big customers. I know that they are a business, but they pissed on their few regular customers.  Regarding BITMAIN I don't agree with their policy of selling used miners from their farms to customers.

oh please go shill your science back in the 20mb fork thread.

Every time someone quotes Roadstress or NotLambChop or any of the other trolls - I remember why I put those fools on ignore.   Just don't engage with them and they will go away  - or shut up - one or the other. 

It's a lot easier to criticize than it is to do, so naturally AM will attract losers like moths.

Imagine you made all the right calls, bought the right gear, and saw nothing but profit and good times.   In that scenario, would *you* spend all of your time trolling a competitor's thread?  You know... you're winning in life and everything you touch turns to gold...do you a)spend your time productively or at least laying on a beach and relaxing b) spend hours and hours making up lies on the AM thread.    They must be winners because they have so much advice to give...yet...they are internet trolls?   Doesn't add up, so just click ignore on their profile. 
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:03:16 PM

^A bit overinvested, no?  Regardless,
♬ Don't worry 'bout a thing / 'Cause every little thing gonna be alright ♫
Smiley
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:46:09 PM

NotLambchop makes valid points every once in a while, and often in a humorous way, which is why I don't have him/her on ignore.

Lately his posts seem to be of lower quality and higher frequency. You can tell from some previous posts that he's an intelligent person (or perhaps multiple people), so he must be aware that a lot of his posts are pure FUD, and are being posted for that reason alone. Makes me wonder why there are more of them now? What is the motivation? I suppose the obvious answer is being in a short position on everything, but how can a person be so certain that their posts have any effect on the market whatsoever? If he was successful with this campaign, wouldn't that mean less posts? Maybe he sold the account.

I guess the recent "This American Life" podcast about trolls on the internet revealed that these people (the most dedicated ones) are often just wounded bitter people seeking some kind of equality or justification by attacking those they are somehow envious of (or perceived to be "in the same boat"). In that sense, it's kind of sad, if true. He could be a guy that had a ton of BTC and lost/sold it all way too soon. That person would certainly revel in the idea that everyone else was losing money now too. But that alone will never make you happy again, NLC, you gotta build yourself back up. I'm here for you bro. Fist bump?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:05:03 PM

Here's something which may cheer you guys up. I created a thread to have a 1 BTC bet with RoadStress. Here's the initial post from that thread:

Praising SP-Tech, maybe, but talking rubbish no. Since you refuse to show some examples I am sure that you, as an AM shareholder, have a different way of digesting the reality and the facts when presented to you and that's why you see it as talking rubbish. Until you will present some evidence of talking rubbish your statements are worthless for me.

Put your bitcoin where your mouth is then. Let's have a 1 BTC bet. If I can provide a quote of you talking rubbish about AM in the AM shareholders thread I win and you owe me 1 BTC. If I can't provide such a quote, you win and I owe you 1 BTC.

Edit: For the purpose of the bet, talking rubbish is defined as trolling, telling lies, spreading rumours, presenting opinion as facts.

His last post in this thread may have just cost him 1 BTC and if he refuses to pay out then that's a valid reason for a scam accusation and negative feedback.  Cheesy
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:22:43 PM

NotLambchop makes valid points <snip>

There!  Tidied up your typings.
The rest was second-rate sophistry and illusion; commit it then to the flames.
>his posts seem to be of lower quality
When you deserve better, you'll get better.  Such entitlement!
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:59:18 PM

Here's something which may cheer you guys up. I created a thread to have a 1 BTC bet with RoadStress. Here's the initial post from that thread:

Praising SP-Tech, maybe, but talking rubbish no. Since you refuse to show some examples I am sure that you, as an AM shareholder, have a different way of digesting the reality and the facts when presented to you and that's why you see it as talking rubbish. Until you will present some evidence of talking rubbish your statements are worthless for me.

Put your bitcoin where your mouth is then. Let's have a 1 BTC bet. If I can provide a quote of you talking rubbish about AM in the AM shareholders thread I win and you owe me 1 BTC. If I can't provide such a quote, you win and I owe you 1 BTC.

Edit: For the purpose of the bet, talking rubbish is defined as trolling, telling lies, spreading rumours, presenting opinion as facts.

His last post in this thread may have just cost him 1 BTC and if he refuses to pay out then that's a valid reason for a scam accusation and negative feedback.  Cheesy

This is our PM discussion:

And you seem like the few who will not accept the fact that AM is dead.

I'll take that 1 BTC now, thanks.

Are you going to honour this bet or do I need to raise a scam accusation against you and leave negative feedback?

Raise a scam accusation against me and leave me negative feedback.

jimmothy

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:17:38 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 11:43:10 PM by jimmothy

And you seem like the few who will not accept the fact that AM is dead.

Your right Roadstress, this company currently valued at ~$10m, with millions of dollars in assets, which has currently developed/produced/tested the most efficient chips to date, is definitely dead.

You contradict yourself in the above post. AM can't be the best/most trustworthy hardware when they are lacking in terms of customer support.

Customer support is not the only thing that makes a company great, but I can see why you're pushing that because how else could you sell SP-techs overpriced hardware?

BTCgarden, Rockminer, Hashratio, and AM have all sold miners that were able to turn a profit in BTC. Has SPtech even sold a single miner that could have broke even by now?

No, I'm against you because you think you can't pimp SPtech gear without bashing the competition.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 04:49:53 AM

AM is dead.

AM isn't dead! It is merely resting.

I'm joking of course. But some good BE300 news can't come soon enough.
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:24:46 AM

I've actually witnessed a few AM's in other industries.
I've been attached to them in the same ways I am attached to AM.
Minority shareholder.
Cheerleader.
(Fatal) Optimistic.

I love my fucking underdogs.

As a MS, you're helpless.
You can't help.  Your voice doesn't count.
You can watch everything unfold.
It doesn't make sense to get further involved, enough to help.

In half the cases I've been involved, it turns out alright.
They fight through.  They get it figured out.
I just talked to one of those last week.
In 2014, they had the highest net year in their history, and became marketshare leader.

In the other half of cases, crash and burn.
They usually stop returning phone calls.
They stop responding to emails.
I mean, really, when there's nothing good to say, who wants to have their nose rubbed in it.

There's usually a very recognizable point where that one guy gives up.  He says fuck it.
He stops trying to be nice.  He stops trying to win.  He submits.
He just plays the rest of his cards out, and he disappears.
There's usually no soliloquy - just a fade-out.

The sad thing is - the marketplace is so forgiving.
You come with a bit of humility, and we'll forgive you.
But, when you don't ask for it.
And you decide you don't need it.
The market will shed you like a dead raccoon.

I don't know though.
These people in China are confusing.
Their cultural stuff is so different, I can't get a read on them.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this could go either way.
Still as speculative as when I first got involved.
This industry will never get any of my real investment money when it's still in this phase.

Here's to AM not saying fuck it.
Here's to AM getting their shit straightened out.
Here's to AM become marketshare leader.
Here's to AM winning.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:23:00 PM

No, I'm against you because you think you can't pimp SPtech gear without bashing the competition.

I am not that type of guy. I am not bashing the competition because I am trying to pimp SPTech gear. I am bashing any company that I like and my history proves it. Bashed KnC, Labcoin, ActM, TerraHash, HashFail, Cointerra, Avalon. I may have missed some and I think that BITMAIN escaped my bashing or at least they got the least. My bashing has nothing to do with competition. It is only based on their own actions.

If removing my affiliated signature makes any difference when I start to bash then let me know and I would gladly do it. But I have the feeling that you would accuse me of the same stuff even without a signature because...moon.

sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 03:57:40 PM

Road stress why do you feel the need to bash companies at all. Do you think that nothing bad will be said about them unless you're a constant contrarian? Have you bashed sptech yet? I'm sure there are reasons to bash them and you haven't bashed them.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 12:13:59 AM

I've actually witnessed a few AM's in other industries.
I've been attached to them in the same ways I am attached to AM.
Minority shareholder.
Cheerleader.
(Fatal) Optimistic.

I love my fucking underdogs.

As a MS, you're helpless.
You can't help.  Your voice doesn't count.
You can watch everything unfold.
It doesn't make sense to get further involved, enough to help.

In half the cases I've been involved, it turns out alright.
They fight through.  They get it figured out.
I just talked to one of those last week.
In 2014, they had the highest net year in their history, and became marketshare leader.

In the other half of cases, crash and burn.
They usually stop returning phone calls.
They stop responding to emails.
I mean, really, when there's nothing good to say, who wants to have their nose rubbed in it.

There's usually a very recognizable point where that one guy gives up.  He says fuck it.
He stops trying to be nice.  He stops trying to win.  He submits.
He just plays the rest of his cards out, and he disappears.
There's usually no soliloquy - just a fade-out.

The sad thing is - the marketplace is so forgiving.
You come with a bit of humility, and we'll forgive you.
But, when you don't ask for it.
And you decide you don't need it.
The market will shed you like a dead raccoon.

I don't know though.
These people in China are confusing.
Their cultural stuff is so different, I can't get a read on them.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this could go either way.
Still as speculative as when I first got involved.
This industry will never get any of my real investment money when it's still in this phase.

Here's to AM not saying fuck it.
Here's to AM getting their shit straightened out.
Here's to AM become marketshare leader.
Here's to AM winning.

Shouldn't poems rhyme?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:46:08 AM

Not all the time.
Pages: « 1 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: