Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:48:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:38:23 PM

i saw somewhere that banks, the government said that accounts up to 33000 dollars would be paid 50% from them and the others from the bank ,and only this ammount would be paid for those if banks collapses.... and now i guess it just some of those said wont cover anymore any account if banks colapses.... soo those means the country wont support the people anymore ..... and yes btc could loose interest on the next 10 years but i really think it will reverse will worth more on the next years as the mining process may had reach an end... soo should math enter less btc running more value  Grin
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:56:19 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Save little money for emergency and invest large amount in bitcoin or gold keeping in bank wont earn you much

I rather go with the route of not earning much, then be in risk.

At least then I would know I was going to get my money back every year with like a 1% or small percent.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:56:16 AM

Saudi Arabia has gotten better with time specially after being at they joined the WTO in 2005, but it still got tons of weak points like inadequate legal framework to solve some commercial conflicts, lack of transparency in the compliment of intelectual rights, requirements o the gov in regards to the number of saudi citizens hired in the businesses, a slow payment in the case of some gov contracts, annoying visa policy, conservative culture and segregation of women in business and social configuration, retail commerce is restricted to basically saudi people... so I think if you live on there it's great, but as a foreign you better have all your stuff sorted.

I have talked to someone who undertook some work in the town planning sector there. The work was completed with 100% accuracy, but still it was rejected giving some flimsy excuses. Later, it turned out that the government official who rejected the work had his own GIS company (which is illegal in KSA), and he wanted the other organization to give him bribes.
Valanor

Activity: 252

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:18:57 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Save little money for emergency and invest large amount in bitcoin or gold keeping in bank wont earn you much

I rather go with the route of not earning much, then be in risk.

At least then I would know I was going to get my money back every year with like a 1% or small percent.

that a very litle amount if only 1%
we have cost of life like: pay Tax, electric cost (home), eating and drinking ETC.
1% is very low if you want to get profit /year but if you concerned to safety that better than invst

Valanor

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:28:16 AM

Its better to invest in saudi or in the middle east because that particular country are not hard to get their money.

I will never invest in Saudi Arabia. The situation in the Middle east is extremely volatile, and if some military coup happens in Saudi Arabia, there is a chance that you'll lose all of your money. And on top of that, it should be remembered that Saudi Arabia is not an investment friendly destination (unlike its neighbors such as the United Arab Emirates and Oman).
Saudi Arabia has gotten better with time specially after being at they joined the WTO in 2005, but it still got tons of weak points like inadequate legal framework to solve some commercial conflicts, lack of transparency in the compliment of intelectual rights, requirements o the gov in regards to the number of saudi citizens hired in the businesses, a slow payment in the case of some gov contracts, annoying visa policy, conservative culture and segregation of women in business and social configuration, retail commerce is restricted to basically saudi people... so I think if you live on there it's great, but as a foreign you better have all your stuff sorted.

The better Invest is invest to your country, in my country Bank have LPS (lembaga penjamin simpanan) or deposit insurance agency , that make me feel good tempered with Bank Of Indonesia, i willnt lose my money although Bank have been hacked , wildfire, manager corruptioon or like that

LPS will replace every money lose from that and you can pick it up every time Smiley

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:34:59 AM

Since there were many news that stated some banks got problem, e.g. bank was hacked, bank fired employees, etc, I think people especially the bank customers began to withdraw their cash and choose to invest it. They don't want to risking their money anymore, and the investment is best solution for them which they will get higher profit than saving it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Valanor

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:44:35 AM

Since there were many news that stated some banks got problem, e.g. bank was hacked, bank fired employees, etc, I think people especially the bank customers began to withdraw their cash and choose to invest it. They don't want to risking their money anymore, and the investment is best solution for them which they will get higher profit than saving it.

This is situation Bank of my country

The better Invest is invest to your country, in my country Bank have LPS (lembaga penjamin simpanan) or deposit insurance agency , that make me feel good tempered with Bank Of Indonesia, i willnt lose my money although Bank have been hacked , wildfire, manager corruptioon or like that

LPS will replace every money lose from that and you can pick it up every time Smiley

That why im still suggest to save money in Bank,

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:09:27 AM

I agree with Valanor with LPS system. Also you can invest in bank with dana reksa too if you want more profit but with risky too.
I'm saving my coins in bitcoin wallet too.
Valanor

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:09:55 AM

I agree with Valanor with LPS system. Also you can invest in bank with dana reksa too if you want more profit but with risky too.
I'm saving my coins in bitcoin wallet too.

hemm nice avatar kiyosi Smiley

we know that system make more people trust with Bank Indonesia

I also save MY BTC on wallet but i withdraw it some like 0.1-0.2BTC / week to save it in Bank, because we not know how long bitcoin can survive

TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:20:24 AM

i agree, now that saving is risky like investing in some countries, because of that problems you were talking about, it is better to invest in something that have some risk instead of leaving your money in a structure that carry the same risk, no point in using bank anymore for a little interest, at least in that zone where there are these problems, and if you remove banks, saving become totally worthless, you can't earn interest if you leave your money under your pillow

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:36:50 AM

Many people are afraid that what happened in Cyprus could happen again. In Cyprus, the government just stole around 80% of the money from all the bank savings accounts, which were having a balance of over € 100,000. Therefore, there is a general perception that keeping money in savings accounts are not safe anymore. But these people tend to forget that the government can seize our investment assets also.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 09:31:04 AM

I don't think that people who just saved their money would have much desire to invest it again anytime soon, since keeping money in a bank is also an investment (kind of). Those who have a lot of money (given they saved it on a deposit in the first place, which I doubt) would buy gold, real estate, or US Treasuries, those who don't have that much would just keep cash under mattress...

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 10:11:04 AM

They don't want to risking their money anymore, and the investment is best solution for them which they will get higher profit than saving it.

There would be no reason to trust an investment option anymore if you dont trust the bank because basically banks are much more secure than most of the investment ( well , most )

it is better to invest in something that have some risk instead of leaving your money in a structure that carry the same risk

You are missing the point that it has a different risk and also that putting your money into an investment would carry a far more higher risk then leaving it in a bank structure

no point in using bank anymore for a little interest

Most people are not even aware of this little interest because basically people put their money into bank not to earn from the interest but rather to keep their money safe (unless they are putting it in safe deposits which would grant up tp 7.5 % per annum of course ) which is one of the reason BTC is invented so that you could secure your own personal belonging

-snip-

You dont even uderstand about your country's banking system to be honest and a single click on google lead me to a bailout case of a bank in your country which is still unsolved and you dont even know how to read properly there. Read below

Iyou can see this
http://bni.co.id/Tarif/Simpanan/BungaDeposito.aspx

you need more capital minimum 1000k idr or 1.000.000 $ to get 5% per month

This amuse me that you do not understand a website with your native language. A simple google translator helped me to understand thats the interest rate per annum and it is for safe deposits so its pretty normal because bank could offer up to 7.5 % per annum for safe deposits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:57:35 AM

I don't think that people who just saved their money would have much desire to invest it again anytime soon, since keeping money in a bank is also an investment (kind of). Those who have a lot of money (given they saved it on a deposit in the first place, which I doubt) would buy gold, real estate, or US Treasuries, those who don't have that much would just keep cash under mattress...

while banks have had problems, people still managed to save a record amount of money here in the netherlands. which means most people indeed have no desire to invest it in any way.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:17:03 AM

while banks have had problems, people still managed to save a record amount of money here in the netherlands. which means most people indeed have no desire to invest it in any way.

In the Netherlands, banks are in good shape, unlike those in Greece and Cyprus. So the individuals, who decided to keep money in various Dutch savings accounts are not under a great deal of threat right now. That is why the people living in the Netherlands continue to store a large part of their wealth in various savings accounts.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:52:13 AM

There would be no reason to trust an investment option anymore if you dont trust the bank because basically banks are much more secure than most of the investment ( well , most )

In my opinion, people don't have any option what they will do to their money since the banks got problems nowadays and it's not secure to hide it under their mattress. The only option is get profit from their money with investment.

In the Netherlands, banks are in good shape, unlike those in Greece and Cyprus. So the individuals, who decided to keep money in various Dutch savings accounts are not under a great deal of threat right now. That is why the people living in the Netherlands continue to store a large part of their wealth in various savings accounts.

There are many banks that give more secure and guarantee to their customers in some country, and there are not. It depends on how country set up the banks and economic policy.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 12:13:36 PM

In my opinion, people don't have any option what they will do to their money since the banks got problems nowadays and it's not secure to hide it under their mattress. The only option is get profit from their money with investment.

Which is why BTC was created, one of the reason would be to secure your own money. Another option would be ofcourse to put it into BTC secure them in a cold wallet or fat better in a paper wallet and put in into your personal vault (if you have one).

Even though the value of BTC could drop (the same thing with FIAT which ofcourse there is inflation increased each year) but in term of security, I cant think of any other more that is far better secure than securing it by your own at your own risk as well

But still , even if there is a news about bank sacking employees in one country, it doesnt actually mean the entire banking system in the world is falling apart. Putting money into investment is quite risky by some way unless you know what to do

P.S : putting your money into BTC is one form of investment as well

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:23:48 PM

Back to the main question, I think it is safe to invest some money (bitcoin) if you invest wisely and safely. Put aside some bitcoins you wish to save it, make another wallet and put it there, and for the rest divide it into a few investments, like lending.

If you dont do anything to the bitcoins you have, then there is no point having it at all. Waiting for the price of bitcoin to rise might not be worth it all the time, so it would be better to invest some. What I currently do is that I placed 50% of my bitcoins in another wallet, and the rest of it I invest it. As for the profits, I deposit more into the fixed wallet, and the rest compound it for the investments. Of course, do not invest everything at one go, all investments are just like gambling, but less odds to lose. Smiley

And do not invest alot into ponzis, and make sure the site does not have bad reviews. Always do a quick search and investigation! Wink

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:04:47 PM

Which is why BTC was created, one of the reason would be to secure your own money. Another option would be ofcourse to put it into BTC secure them in a cold wallet or fat better in a paper wallet and put in into your personal vault (if you have one).

Even though the value of BTC could drop (the same thing with FIAT which ofcourse there is inflation increased each year) but in term of security, I cant think of any other more that is far better secure than securing it by your own at your own risk as well

But still , even if there is a news about bank sacking employees in one country, it doesnt actually mean the entire banking system in the world is falling apart. Putting money into investment is quite risky by some way unless you know what to do

I agree, but I'm not sure people want to invest their money since they haven't known about bitcoin yet. It sounds so risky to them and maybe they just want to invest in the usual investment, like gold or land investment. But, I hope world people will use bitcoin in few years later as an usual cryptocurrency.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:25:42 PM

I agree, but I'm not sure people want to invest their money since they haven't known about bitcoin yet. It sounds so risky to them and maybe they just want to invest in the usual investment, like gold or land investment. But, I hope world people will use bitcoin in few years later as an usual cryptocurrency.

The people who are not aware about the bitcoin will never take a risk to invest in bitcoin as they are very much used to other investments like gold, land, shares etc. as they trust more as compared to bitcoin but as the awareness level goes high they will take a step ahead to invest in cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: