Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:06:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:45:57 AM

It is always better to invest. Gold is going down though. Best thing will be to invest in real-estate market of any developing nation. As long as they are developing, the prices will be going up. I believe in short-term investments though, low-risk and higher-returns chances.

it's not always better to invest. it is however more lucrative to invest rather than saving your money. i never found gold an interesting investment option.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:49:37 AM

What you said boils down to stating that 300% pumping can't contribute much to one's portfolio. I think that possible 300% would be a decent profit (in fact, it would be a huge profit). If you are skilled, you can make even more than that, since a pumped coin doesn't usually grow without some minor rebounds on its way to the top (and to the bottom, by the way). If you personally can't make a decent profit from a coin going up 300% (or down, for that matter), then you are pretty bad at trading. Or just happen to be spreading blatant disinformation, as always ("altcoin{s} are dying monsters")...

Volatility is the engine of speculation (whether you like it or not)

yeah it can contribute, that's obvious, but only if you can catch it, this is was my whole point, you can't catch it always, if you can't and instead you hit the crash after that huge pump, you will end up losing instead

And you dare blame me of perverting your words and making things up when I just asked you a question (well, two) about whether you actually think that 300% growth is not worthy enough?

that 300% was just an example, it could happen but not always, and you can always be there to catch it and take profit, also you don't know if it will still go up or just crash after it

you are putting it like, it's mandatory to anyone to have a huge profit, if this profit jumps out in the market, if that would have been the case, everyone would be rich by now...

Had you really regularly traded doges, you would have known that the pump phase lasts at least a few days (usually more than a week, see the charts). I guess it is more than enough for anyone considering themselves a "trader" to jump on the bandwagon. If your risk tolerance is low, you don't despise stop-losses and get married to a position (what essentially prevents a trader from turning into "investor"), then yes, earning a handsome profit from a 300% rally is a pretty easy task...

it's not always the case, it's not like the pump follow a perfect cycle, and thus everyone is aware of it, a pump can last a few days, a few week or just a few hours

otherwise like i said it would be the heaven for everyone, and they will wait only for the pump and then exit at the perfect time, since the "pump time" as you think, it lasts for a fixed time...
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:44:52 PM

It is always better to invest. Gold is going down though. Best thing will be to invest in real-estate market of any developing nation. As long as they are developing, the prices will be going up. I believe in short-term investments though, low-risk and higher-returns chances.

it's not always better to invest. it is however more lucrative to invest rather than saving your money. i never found gold an interesting investment option.
Its better to invest but its better to save first then you can now invest your money so that you have an enough capital to invest.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:54:35 PM

Simply answer: Save a part and invest a part of your stake. The more you can lose the more I would risk for investments. Let's say you save 50% of your stake and put 50% into promising altcoins. So, you can lose maixmal 50%, but you can win an infinite amount.
Dalord1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:08:10 PM

Simply answer: Save a part and invest a part of your stake. The more you can lose the more I would risk for investments. Let's say you save 50% of your stake and put 50% into promising altcoins. So, you can lose maixmal 50%, but you can win an infinite amount.

Love this post....
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 04:18:54 PM

Love this post....

You are asking to invest in altcoin?? Have you lost it? I think you are not aware about the nature of altcoin and that is the reason you are suggesting to invest in altcoin. Suggest something that is convincing. Altcoin is just a new born baby in compare to bitcoin and just remember one thing "Daddy is Daddy."  Wink Grin
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:27:01 PM

Its better to invest but its better to save first then you can now invest your money so that you have an enough capital to invest.

That is the best thing to do and saving is a basic and primary thing where as investment is the secondary thing How can you invest without saving and which are not rich born baby who holds millions of dollars in a bank account those who hold good capital they would directly go for investment but an average guy with an average income should start with saving and that is the only choice left for him. Angry

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:59:53 PM

all depends if you own an ammount above 300k dollars i guess you shouldnt invest it,just let the money work for you not the inverse... if lower than it well maybe some investment allowed to try some safe investments
cbase

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 04:38:04 AM

Investing money= risk of losing money/getting a good return from investment. (Risky)
Bank is secure investment but in long term, it doesn't increase. Inflation, duh. Invest in bitcoin.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:19:27 AM

Investing money= risk of losing money/getting a good return from investment. (Risky)
Bank is secure investment but in long term, it doesn't increase. Inflation, duh. Invest in bitcoin.
yes it better to save and invest in bitcoin because if you save in a bank you are not excepted to the inflation or your money are in inflation. And if you save in bitcoin keep your money in your wallet your money are safe into inflation/
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:15:34 AM

banks are not that secure anymore, did you saw all the recents news about bank insolvency and bank robbery? i'll not trust a bank nowadays like i would not trust any exchange

what we need is a sidechain with the ability to turn bitcoin pos, so you can earn interest while leaving your coins/money safe in your desktop
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 11:11:55 AM

It actually doesnt matter on your capital for this investment stuff. Either if you have a small or a big capital, the interest rate (percentage) will only varies a little. What matters will be the interest earn from your capital and of course you should know every investment got its own risk and with bigger capital the risk to bear will be higher as well

i guess you shouldnt invest it just let the money work for you  try some safe investments

try some safe investments

Such as? AFAIK there are none "safe" investment as every investment bear their own risk. Even putting your money into safe deposits is actually unsafe due to that alot of news regarding banks insolvency

And if you save in bitcoin keep your money in your wallet your money are safe into inflation/

Constantly keeping your money in form of BTC and put them in the wallet makes you safe from inflation indeed but you forgot that each day the price of BTC is declining and thats makes you lose the value of BTC that you bought

what we need is a sidechain with the ability to turn bitcoin pos, so you can earn interest while leaving your coins/money safe in your desktop

We dont need another altcoin stuff such as POS. You should go and tell your idea of this in bitcoin discussion section and Im sure you will be getting alot of negatives comment

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
LottoBooking

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:46:42 AM

Constantly keeping your money in form of BTC and put them in the wallet makes you safe from inflation indeed but you forgot that each day the price of BTC is declining and thats makes you lose the value of BTC that you bought

Someone has just lost over $15,000 because of the decline of BTC as he had 40 BTC which used to worth over $25,000 and now it's worth less than $10,000 - so keeping money in BTC is not safe.

Here is his story:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=973092.0
rayhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

be your self

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 11:51:02 AM

invest is for people that they can loose.
save is for people that they have no reserve.

you can invest and loose or win.
you can save ... and you win always.

Saving isn't about winning or losing at all. Saving is about survival. Investment is about luxury.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:11:20 PM

Someone has just lost over $15,000 because of the decline of BTC as he had 40 BTC which used to worth over $25,000 and now it's worth less than $10,000 - so keeping money in BTC is not safe.

Here is his story:

Obviously, BTC isn't safe in it's current early state. Everyone has been saying that if you want to be a Bitcoin pioneer, then get ready to lose money, because the volatility will be extreme.
The point is, at the end of the travel, after many ups and downs, you'll end up with a lot more than you started with. But only the 1% of holders are going to handle the stress to hold over 10 years of bubble burst cycles.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 01:23:27 PM

Here is his story:

Due to this volatile market, keeping your money in form of BTC as an investment is actually not a good idea. In the end it will be the same as keeping FIAT that suffering from inflation (difference would be BTC is much more secure in keeping your money in banks). It will be another different story however if the market is stable which unfortunately it is not going to happen anytime sooner

Everyone has been saying that if you want to be a Bitcoin pioneer, then get ready to lose money, because the volatility will be extreme.

I ditched this statements as I was a trader few months ago and It is not my nature to lose money. It is the fault of those people who thinks that keeping BTC for 10 years would gain them some profit as they are going into delusion that anything could happen to BTC in 10 years timeframe while as a trader you could keep on gaining some by riding on this volatile wave

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:53:00 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 05:20:17 PM by Amph

We dont need another altcoin stuff such as POS. You should go and tell your idea of this in bitcoin discussion section and Im sure you will be getting alot of negatives comment

i know, and i don't like the idea myself, but there is no better alternatives, for a secure investments with bitcoin, only pos can guarantee it at this point

Here is his story:

the chances that this will happen again are far lower then when it was manipulated for reaching that 1200 ath

it should be much safer to invest now in bitcoin then in the 1200, but not because now, i know that there wasn't a dump after it, but because it is far easy to sustain the current price
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:47:42 PM

i know, and i don't like the idea myself, but there is no better alternatives, for a secure investments with bitcoin, only pos can guarantee it at this point

"BTC itself is an investment itself" however with the price being manipulated and keep on declining that slogan would be a sweet dream instead. Actually my point of view will be towards on how secure you can keep your money in form of BTC , ability to secure your possesion for me is a far better investment then any other form of investment

Here is his story:

the chances that this will happen again are far lower then when it was manipulated for reaching that 1200 ath

it should be much safer to invest now in bitcoin then in the 1200, but not because i now, i know that there wasn't a dump after it, but because it is far easy to sustain the current price

This is exactly what people said when we are hanging on $600 mark for quite some time, everyone said that this is the footstep that will hold but unfortunately the price keep on going down . It is still pretty unclear currently, I would suggest to look into BTC as an investment after the next halving or atleast some time before the next halving

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
victoryboy

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:39:13 PM

As this is still early stage of Bitcoin on long journey to reach the destination so saving is not good at all in Bitcoin.It had better to invest in Bitcoin and sell when you see profits and buy back when market goes down like this at least for few years will be like this.
MaffeCat

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 06:10:41 PM

You can better invest and make 300 double your money than hold it for your own and lose. Money is always rolling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: