Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:32:44 PM

Since there were many news that stated some banks got problem, e.g. bank was hacked, bank fired employees, etc, I think people especially the bank customers began to withdraw their cash and choose to invest it. They don't want to risking their money anymore, and the investment is best solution for them which they will get higher profit than saving it.

I don't think that people who just saved their money would have much desire to invest it again anytime soon, since keeping money in a bank is also an investment (kind of). Those who have a lot of money (given they saved it on a deposit in the first place, which I doubt) would buy gold, real estate, or US Treasuries, those who don't have that much would just keep cash under mattress...

Ofcourse, The people who are have lots of money would definitely go for keeping their money safe in the banks by transferring it into fixed deposits the interest rate is less but atleast their money is safe and when it comes to banking system I don't think that the big fish would ever be shut down.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:09:33 PM

Since there were many news that stated some banks got problem, e.g. bank was hacked, bank fired employees, etc, I think people especially the bank customers began to withdraw their cash and choose to invest it. They don't want to risking their money anymore, and the investment is best solution for them which they will get higher profit than saving it.

I don't think that people who just saved their money would have much desire to invest it again anytime soon, since keeping money in a bank is also an investment (kind of). Those who have a lot of money (given they saved it on a deposit in the first place, which I doubt) would buy gold, real estate, or US Treasuries, those who don't have that much would just keep cash under mattress...

Ofcourse, The people who are have lots of money would definitely go for keeping their money safe in the banks by transferring it into fixed deposits the interest rate is less but atleast their money is safe and when it comes to banking system I don't think that the big fish would ever be shut down.

The mega wealthy diversify a lot, they have a big % of their wealth in real estate, some even collect cars that appreciate with time like Mayweather. Then we have the classics which are metals, and the rest in the bank account. Never a good idea to leave it all in the bank. I wish I was that wealthy to have those kinds of problems tho.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 08:59:04 PM

Which is why BTC was created, one of the reason would be to secure your own money. Another option would be ofcourse to put it into BTC secure them in a cold wallet or fat better in a paper wallet and put in into your personal vault (if you have one).

Even though the value of BTC could drop (the same thing with FIAT which ofcourse there is inflation increased each year) but in term of security, I cant think of any other more that is far better secure than securing it by your own at your own risk as well

But still , even if there is a news about bank sacking employees in one country, it doesnt actually mean the entire banking system in the world is falling apart. Putting money into investment is quite risky by some way unless you know what to do

P.S : putting your money into BTC is one form of investment as well

I agree, but I'm not sure people want to invest their money since they haven't known about bitcoin yet. It sounds so risky to them and maybe they just want to invest in the usual common investment, like gold or land investment. But, I hope world people will use bitcoin in few years later as an usual cryptocurrency.

Well a risk is always part of of being human though. As for the "common investment", it doesnt actually work like that because human are mostly driven by greed which means that people could be interested in putting investment on "new stuff" instead of the common investment and also that the word "risky" in investment could mean that it will net a higher return anyway

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:51:10 PM

is better currently to have bitcoins instead have some deposit money on banks,why well since is volatil anytime can sell and make the money earn like 20% in a year.... i doubt bitcoin will end or loose worth under 100 dollars on the next years.... which bank offers 20% in a year?banks can fall very fast and some people will be insane... already happened once do you think wont happen twice?
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:39:26 AM

Which is why BTC was created, one of the reason would be to secure your own money. Another option would be ofcourse to put it into BTC secure them in a cold wallet or fat better in a paper wallet and put in into your personal vault (if you have one).

Even though the value of BTC could drop (the same thing with FIAT which ofcourse there is inflation increased each year) but in term of security, I cant think of any other more that is far better secure than securing it by your own at your own risk as well

But still , even if there is a news about bank sacking employees in one country, it doesnt actually mean the entire banking system in the world is falling apart. Putting money into investment is quite risky by some way unless you know what to do

P.S : putting your money into BTC is one form of investment as well

I agree, but I'm not sure people want to invest their money since they haven't known about bitcoin yet. It sounds so risky to them and maybe they just want to invest in the usual common investment, like gold or land investment. But, I hope world people will use bitcoin in few years later as an usual cryptocurrency.

Well a risk is always part of of being human though. As for the "common investment", it doesnt actually work like that because human are mostly driven by greed which means that people could be interested in putting investment on "new stuff" instead of the common investment and also that the word "risky" in investment could mean that it will net a higher return anyway

I think people can't easily try the new stuff since they have no idea about that. There is always a limit to greedy people when using their money to something risky. Anyway, thanks for your correction.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:31:30 AM

divide your money into three parts and make some deposit, investment, and cash in hand. For now, bank is not absulutely safe any more, such as Greek debt crisis.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:41:14 AM

divide your money into three parts and make some deposit, investment, and cash in hand. For now, bank is not absulutely safe any more, such as Greek debt crisis.
I think invest in bitcoin and use pumped and dumped so that you can earn more. You only need is to havea enough capital to buy altcoins and then sell it when the right time comes.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:43:39 AM

I think invest in bitcoin and use pumped and dumped so that you can earn more. You only need is to havea enough capital to buy altcoins and then sell it when the right time comes.

don't know how it is advisable to trade altcoin with your bitcoin, altcoin are dying monsters, that can't contribute too much to your portfolio, you need to follow those pumper groups, that pump a random coin each week, and you need to have your money ready on exchange(a bit risky), to buy those pumped altcoin

but be aware, they usually say that they pump for long term, but the true is that they only pump it for something around 300% and then the crash happen very fast, there are too many bagholder miners, that are holding those garbage coins, and they look forward to dump as soon as possible
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:41:43 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
i think invest your money will be good option but only in real estate nothing else because property prices will rise every year

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:20:30 AM

don't know how it is advisable to trade altcoin with your bitcoin, altcoin are dying monsters, that can't contribute too much to your portfolio, you need to follow those pumper groups, that pump a random coin each week, and you need to have your money ready on exchange(a bit risky), to buy those pumped altcoin

but be aware, they usually say that they pump for long term, but the true is that they only pump it for something around 300% and then the crash happen very fast, there are too many bagholder miners, that are holding those garbage coins, and they look forward to dump as soon as possible

So you are saying that 300% growth will contribute not too much to one's portfolio, right? Have you tried to trade altcoins, say, doges?

knowhow

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:43:04 PM

well for sure altcoins is a great option to boost income but as the same time is a bit risky and must know when to leave before the dump
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:52:01 PM

So you are saying that 300% growth will contribute not too much to one's portfolio, right? Have you tried to trade altcoins, say, doges?

no, you got it wrong, i say that they cannot contribute to your portfolio because they carry a big risk, because of their random crash, even after a pump of 300%

yeah i have done plenty of trade in the past with alt, especially doge yes, and i know well how they work
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:03:00 PM

no, you got it wrong, i say that they cannot contribute to your portfolio because they carry a big risk, because of their random crash, even after a pump of 300%

yeah i have done plenty of trade in the past with alt, especially doge yes, and i know well how they work

I guess you are confusing trading with investment. The higher the volatility (pump&dump works perfect), the better for trading. You absolutely don't care what the price is (since in no case you are married to your position), all you care is direction...

Though you can always a posteriori rationalize turning into investor after "you get it wrong"

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:09:09 PM

I guess you are confusing trading with investment. The higher the volatility (pump&dump works perfect), the better for trading. You absolutely don't care what the price is (since in no case you marry to your position), all you care is direction...

Though you can always rationalize turning into investor after "you get it wrong"

no i'm not confusing it you're just making this up(you just randomly connected two separate sentences of my post to start a random useless debate, like the last time), you did not understand what i was saying, and i explained it to you with the last quote, and apparently you still can't understand it

saying that a coin can be raised of 300% isn't intended as , you will make 300% of profit...
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 09:23:00 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 09:47:29 PM by deisik

I guess you are confusing trading with investment. The higher the volatility (pump&dump works perfect), the better for trading. You absolutely don't care what the price is (since in no case you marry to your position), all you care is direction...

Though you can always rationalize turning into investor after "you get it wrong"

no i'm not confusing it you're just making this up(you just randomly connected two separate sentences of my post to start a random useless debate, like the last time), you did not understand what i was saying, and i explained it to you with the last quote, and apparently you still can't understand it

saying that a coin can be raised of 300% isn't intended as , you will make 300% of profit...

What you said boils down to stating that 300% pumping can't contribute much to one's portfolio. I think that possible 300% would be a decent profit (in fact, it would be a huge profit). If you are skilled, you can make even more than that, since a pumped coin doesn't usually grow without some minor rebounds on its way to the top (and to the bottom, by the way). If you personally can't make a decent profit from a coin going up 300% (or down, for that matter), then you are pretty bad at trading. Or just happen to be spreading blatant disinformation, as always ("altcoin{s} are dying monsters")...

Volatility is the engine of speculation (whether you like it or not)

knowhow

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:08:29 PM

bitcoin is and will always be the top crypto currency call it father then we had several more crypto that is a sucess nowadays but no one of those can compete with btc worth but the exchanges allows us to maximize earnings buying them with btc soo a easy bump on a altcoin would mean instant profit even if bitcoin loose worth,if i hace 0.20 and now i have 0.26 btc for sure is pure proofit even if bitcoin lost worth after that...soo better invest ,but for sure must research for info and avoid several coins ,be patient and wait ,always an opportunity to maximize altcoins easy..... i lost an opportunity to make 100x the investment i made .... those in an altcoin since someone pump it soo hard ,why i didnt get it well i just sold all coins as i saw several lost interest on it,like a dead coin but reborned and hell what an opportunity  Grin
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:56:10 AM

What you said boils down to stating that 300% pumping can't contribute much to one's portfolio. I think that possible 300% would be a decent profit (in fact, it would be a huge profit). If you are skilled, you can make even more than that, since a pumped coin doesn't usually grow without some minor rebounds on its way to the top (and to the bottom, by the way). If you personally can't make a decent profit from a coin going up 300% (or down, for that matter), then you are pretty bad at trading. Or just happen to be spreading blatant disinformation, as always ("altcoin{s} are dying monsters")...

yeah it can contribute, that's obvious, but only if you can catch it, this is was my whole point, you can't catch it always, if you can't and instead you hit the crash after that huge pump, you will end up losing instead

you are putting it like, it's mandatory to anyone to have a huge profit, if this profit jumps out in the market, if that would have been the case, everyone would be rich by now...
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 09:13:37 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 11:55:21 AM by deisik

yeah it can contribute, that's obvious, but only if you can catch it, this is was my whole point, you can't catch it always, if you can't and instead you hit the crash after that huge pump, you will end up losing instead

And you dare blame me of perverting your words and making things up when I just asked you a question (well, two) about whether you actually think that 300% growth is not worthy enough?

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 09:34:53 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 09:48:28 AM by deisik

you are putting it like, it's mandatory to anyone to have a huge profit, if this profit jumps out in the market, if that would have been the case, everyone would be rich by now...

Had you really regularly traded doges, you would have known that the pump phase lasts at least a few days (usually more than a week, see the charts). I guess it is more than enough for anyone considering themselves a "trader" to jump on the bandwagon. If your risk tolerance is low, you don't despise stop-losses and get married to a position (what essentially prevents a trader from turning into "investor"), then yes, earning a handsome profit from a 300% rally is a pretty easy task...

JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:43:53 AM

It is always better to invest. Gold is going down though. Best thing will be to invest in real-estate market of any developing nation. As long as they are developing, the prices will be going up. I believe in short-term investments though, low-risk and higher-returns chances.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: