Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:58:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181176 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:01:38 PM

dev of what? anyway we need p2p exchange, so exchangers cannot run away with the excuse "our cold wallet was hacked yesterday"

this is the only concern at the moment

That is true, and its a valid concern, however i think, in view of altcoins, the biggest threat is the devs running away.

There are 1000x more scam altcoins than scam exchanges, and more money is lost to scam altcoins than scam exchanges.

Pretty much the already established exchanges are staying, and can be moderately trusted.

It's the same as if your average broker runs with the money, yes they were regulated, but so what, funds are only covered up to 20.000€, the rest of it is fucked.

Its definitely about decentralization Wink

yeah altcoin dev are quite malicious, but if there is a good trusted escrow and the code is well examined, you can be sure that the coin is legit

there were many scam dev in the past with hidden premine, mostly from china, this was another reason why many prefer to invest with already good established coins, like bitcoin, litecoin, monero, and not with new coins that hold a major risk

anyway i'm not risking large amount ever, i prefer to trade small amount to rise my bitcoin stash or to keep it not falling too much, in the case i need to use it for shopping or whatever, the rest will be done by bitcoin itself, when will rise to unbelievable level
Indeed very much dev coin scam, but that function is a forum we are looking for any information you need to determine the coin is safe or not.

And a very good choice if you do not use all your money in one form of investment, because when the investment scam, we will not lose all of our bitcoin
But i think we won't put our money or coins into a scammed investment, if we used our common sense we invest in the company that not ponzi, scammed and we know that it is trustful. By doing that we won't lose any coins.
But the fact is now all investments in the internet is a Ponzi scheme, it is very difficult to find an investment that is truly real. maybe if you think there will be an investment that is real, what if the investment was suddenly bankrupt? how do you claim your money? think again

Not all investment I guess, there are some that claim there are still reall investment out there that really pay you a lot, but the  payout is really low so people wont come to it and start their investment. Nowadays people just want to get fast money without doing anything much. Btw why did you think that far? All investments sure got risk, if you dont dare to take it better dont invest on something
Yes don't invest if you are afraid with the risk, don't trade and don't make a business and also don't get a job because all of that have a risk. LOL hahaha
tensports

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:47:48 PM

Better to invest money saving in bank for long term is not good idea
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:28:23 PM

banks arent soo safe as it loooks if all custumers went into bank at same time to withdraw own money they will know that the money isnt anymore there.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:59:23 AM

Better to invest money saving in bank for long term is not good idea

especially if you're in the eurozone, and in a country that is aking to the greece situation, you should stay away from bank, they could be your tomb in the future

i'm trusting bitcoin now more than ever, and it look less risky than any bank
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:27:54 AM

Do you ever really "save" money.  Even if its in your local fiat or local bank you are invested in the strength of the currency or bank. If you are saving in bitcoin you are basically invested. 

To answer the questions its better to keep track of where you are channeling your energys for the time period you are alive.  There is no 100% safety ever.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:22:18 AM

It depends on where you are located. Saving your money in your bank is an easy option but not very lucrative.

In fact, I have read an article about banks who are going to charge negative interest rate on your savings account. Which is ridiculous of course.

I would choose for spreaded investments. Leave 70% of your money in your bank, and invest 15% in Bitcoin and the other 15% in something like a Bitcoin startup.

It always makes sense to invest in small amounts in various accounts considering the inflation. Investing money in lands is also a very profitable option. The prices of lands have shot up but one needs to do some study and needs to be enterprising enough to see to it that the outcome of the investment is benefiting.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 12:22:48 PM

banks arent soo safe as it loooks if all custumers went into bank at same time to withdraw own money they will know that the money isnt anymore there.

Nope, banks actually is the safest investment between all because it has a lowest risk compare to other investment, but because of interest from bank is too low, people move to investment, although its riskier but the payout is good enough compare to bank
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:50:15 PM

well sure but look at GREECE would you like to keep your savings into it with the current situation?I wouldnt for sure ,always investment a better result
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:17:41 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

There are merits and setbacks to both of the choices. Investing it online is quite risky , while saving money is not that profitable because of the rising inflation taking place. But I'd rather go with saving in a bank , not only because it is safer , but it is supportive for financial gains..
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:59:08 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

There are merits and setbacks to both of the choices. Investing it online is quite risky , while saving money is not that profitable because of the rising inflation taking place. But I'd rather go with saving in a bank , not only because it is safer , but it is supportive for financial gains..

I'm assuming online investing includes regular investments (bonds, GIC, stocks, mutual funds, etc.) for which there is a given level of risk, but not any moreso because it's done online.  I think most people invest that way these days, rather than going to a physical location or talking over the phone, aside from those that have managed investments.
jenifer0012

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:05:42 PM

always invest money. saving the money stops the flow of income. investing money gives you a chance to increase it over a period of time!

oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:27:38 PM

always invest money. saving the money stops the flow of income. investing money gives you a chance to increase it over a period of time!

But, you better learn in advance how to invest safely and profitably,

because if the wrong strategy and calculation, you can lose all your money
bitcoinarchitecture

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:29:16 PM

Invest, price of stock is very low, this will go up in a couple of years.  Cool
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:30:52 PM

Investing/trading is obviously better ONLY if you are able to control risk and be among the small % of people who win long-term. Saving is better, for most people, since the majority lose badly at investing/trading.

BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:09:02 PM

Investing is extremely risky, as the chance of loss is high and it may be a big loss. But there are also chances for high rewards. Relatively low risk investments are good options. Saving money is always a good option too, but I am not sure which one is better.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:36:35 PM

Investing is extremely risky, as the chance of loss is high and it may be a big loss. But there are also chances for high rewards. Relatively low risk investments are good options. Saving money is always a good option too, but I am not sure which one is better.

Nope if you know which one is a good for your investment with your capital, I guess everything must be plan before you make a move. One wrong move everything will be ruin. Both of them are good enough, if you dont know which one good better diversify it 50/50 or may be 60/40 its up to you whether you dare to risk or not
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1417

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 10:07:10 PM

If you are saving in bitcoin you are basically invested. 

Saving in BTC is literally saving as well because in term of security, saving in form of BTC is much better but due to the volatility then there is some issue with saving in form of BTC. Basically saving and investing is more about what you are using your money for. If it is not as capital to increase your money then it is a saving but if it is as a capital then it is considered as investment

investing money gives you a chance to increase it over a period of time!

Some people just want to save because it is not as risky as investing

Invest, price of stock is very low, this will go up in a couple of years.  Cool

The future is covered with unsure things and BTC has more chances to be higher in a couple of years

Investing is extremely risky, as the chance of loss is high and it may be a big loss.

I could see that you are getting into delusion with this statement because not every investment is extremely risky and you would suffer a big loss from it. Some investment is actually stable enough and will hold good amount in some years i.e gold or real estate.
Judging from your words that investments are risky, I could see that you are generalizing all investment as the same type of those HYIP and the other ponzi things while in fact they are not the same

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 10:10:24 PM

Nope if you know which one is a good for your investment with your capital, I guess everything must be plan before you make a move. One wrong move everything will be ruin. Both of them are good enough, if you dont know which one good better diversify it 50/50 or may be 60/40 its up to you whether you dare to risk or not

That is true and good advice. When investing, it is a good idea to spread out and diversify your investments. That way, if one investment goes wrong, you will not lose all your money, because you have investments in other things.
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:03:12 PM

That is true and good advice. When investing, it is a good idea to spread out and diversify your investments. That way, if one investment goes wrong, you will not lose all your money, because you have investments in other things.
But if the investment is certainly advantageous and very safe you better use all your money, because sometimes after we receive the results, and we do not use all of our money, in the end we are going to regret it, but it should be remembered that investment is very safe.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 04:08:13 PM

But if the investment is certainly advantageous and very safe you better use all your money, because sometimes after we receive the results, and we do not use all of our money, in the end we are going to regret it, but it should be remembered that investment is very safe.

There are no investment that have no risks, all investment need some risks to do and you will get a huge profit. If you want a safe invesments better save it at bank and you will earn you profit there around 5-7% per year and you need to pay a lot of fee that you will have your payout below 5-7%
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: