Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:20:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181168 times)
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:16:20 PM

if some one has little to no experience with investing they are better off contacting some who knows exactly how everything works.
investing is risky which means if you invest it in the wrong industry or wrong in a wrong way you might end up with a huge loss.

Both saving money in a bank and investing it are equally good and bad. Banking might seem more secure but you only lose in the long term because of the high inflation rate taking place. Additionally, investing in the wrong area is also bad. I'd rather invest than to save in a bank, and I'd rather invest in both gold and bitcoin.

I think somehow we all rely on banks for now because we do not know what to do of our lifelong savings. How can we put it all in a bitcoin wallet as it is more of an investment right now, if it falls, lifelong money will be lost and no one should take that risk, ever. Once it is adopted and used more like currency and considered less of an investment, I'd put all my money in my bitcoin wallet.

You have always gold, it fluctuates, but is less risky. And you have the fiat paper rectangles.

But bitcoin price are depends on fiat money? so that you can't say that bitcoin will replace fiat money. So we can used bitcoin or fiat money either of that still they have both risk.

Bitcoin does not depend on fiat money in any way. It is free market, private money with good money properties.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 04:56:04 PM

It is sad the only way we can save our money is by either keeping it at home which is really dangerous and obviously I advise against it, or to keep it in a bank where we are given a false assumption that our money is saved.

This is false, you forgot the third option. You can save your money in form of BTC , put it in a cold wallet and that would be the safest and top notch security to secure your FIAT however there would be always a volatility issue to consider if you are considering to save your money in BTC. Your saving could either be 50 % than the first time you saved them or double fold of the amount due to this issue but if you only look to save then BTC is the best place for it ( also an extra bonus for you if the price increases to 4-5 figures )

But bitcoin price are depends on fiat money

BTC price depends solely on demands and order. It is a decentralized currency that is not controlled or depends on any FIAT currency

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:18:37 PM

If you are young you should be investing more than you save.  As you get older you should move out of riskier investments and into low risk or no risk savings but ideally with interest if possible but good savings interest rates are hard to find compared to years ago.
I do not think that, old people can survive during their retirement period only with the bank interest at any point of time, they are mainly rely on pension schemes, but the smart move is that they would have done any sort of property investment in their young age itself or else it is hard for them to survive, I agree with your suggestion regards to investment during young stage, however according to me irrespective of age genders, investment is the best solution and it should be planned very well to choose their specific sectors prior to any investment.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:15:29 AM

This is false, you forgot the third option. You can save your money in form of BTC , put it in a cold wallet and that would be the safest and top notch security to secure your FIAT however there would be always a volatility issue to consider if you are considering to save your money in BTC. Your saving could either be 50 % than the first time you saved them or double fold of the amount due to this issue but if you only look to save then BTC is the best place for it ( also an extra bonus for you if the price increases to 4-5 figures )

I think that is exactly the reason why keeping money in bitcoin wallet isn't reasonable. Why do people save? To enjoy their money at a later time when they don't have much, in case of emergencies, etc. Assuming a person keeps all his money in btc wallet and if he's really low on luck and the market crashes, what will he do then? What if he is facing an emergency? His money will be fucking gone. Btc is an investment, not a place for saving money
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:38:04 PM

if some one has little to no experience with investing they are better off contacting some who knows exactly how everything works.
investing is risky which means if you invest it in the wrong industry or wrong in a wrong way you might end up with a huge loss.

Both saving money in a bank and investing it are equally good and bad. Banking might seem more secure but you only lose in the long term because of the high inflation rate taking place. Additionally, investing in the wrong area is also bad. I'd rather invest than to save in a bank, and I'd rather invest in both gold and bitcoin.

I think somehow we all rely on banks for now because we do not know what to do of our lifelong savings. How can we put it all in a bitcoin wallet as it is more of an investment right now, if it falls, lifelong money will be lost and no one should take that risk, ever. Once it is adopted and used more like currency and considered less of an investment, I'd put all my money in my bitcoin wallet.

You have always gold, it fluctuates, but is less risky. And you have the fiat paper rectangles.

But bitcoin price are depends on fiat money? so that you can't say that bitcoin will replace fiat money. So we can used bitcoin or fiat money either of that still they have both risk.

Bitcoin does not depend on fiat money in any way. It is free market, private money with good money properties.

Its depend on fiat money, because buyers of bitcoins or users are depending on the price of bitcoin, they will used it, buy or sell bitcoin when they know if the price of bitcoin is high or low, So its means bitcoin is depending on fiat money.
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:50:08 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

I would prefer 50 percent saving in bank and the other half in investing in bitcoin and gold, both. Gold is good because of the high rate of inflation and bitcoin is better because well.... do I even need to say it. It just is there are a thousand reasons why it is better than gold. Do half - half in saving and investing in bitcoin and gold.

It is sad the only way we can save our money is by either keeping it at home which is really dangerous and obviously I advise against it, or to keep it in a bank where we are given a false assumption that our money is saved. When their heads will be on gun point, they will take away all our money from us, similar to the collateral damage of the Greece default and economy collapse.

That is so true. We don't have any better or more secure options and we have to choose to save our money in the false belief that it is actually going to be protected. Plus it is also so much risky to invest all  your money on bitcoin  because if there comes a great fall , all your lifelong money is lost. And it is so tragic. So maybe we should not invest our all in bitcoin until it becomes a feasible currency and a great and secure investment.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:03:46 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

I would prefer 50 percent saving in bank and the other half in investing in bitcoin and gold, both. Gold is good because of the high rate of inflation and bitcoin is better because well.... do I even need to say it. It just is there are a thousand reasons why it is better than gold. Do half - half in saving and investing in bitcoin and gold.

It is sad the only way we can save our money is by either keeping it at home which is really dangerous and obviously I advise against it, or to keep it in a bank where we are given a false assumption that our money is saved. When their heads will be on gun point, they will take away all our money from us, similar to the collateral damage of the Greece default and economy collapse.

That is so true. We don't have any better or more secure options and we have to choose to save our money in the false belief that it is actually going to be protected. Plus it is also so much risky to invest all  your money on bitcoin  because if there comes a great fall , all your lifelong money is lost. And it is so tragic. So maybe we should not invest our all in bitcoin until it becomes a feasible currency and a great and secure investment.

Never invest all your money into something, I don't even have all my money in banks. I like to keep my money scattered, invested in gold, bitcoin, real estate and other altcoins. A little in bonds and stocks but the quantity is too less, I don't really like the stock market. And I like to spend some in gambling, it ends well for me often Wink
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:09:04 PM

Its depend on fiat money, because buyers of bitcoins or users are depending on the price of bitcoin, they will used it, buy or sell bitcoin when they know if the price of bitcoin is high or low, So its means bitcoin is depending on fiat money.

There is some logic to what you say, because currently fiat money is more liquid than bitcoin, and you can therefore use fiat as an intemediate money type. But you talk as if bitcoin is unusable when there is no fiat money. On the contrary, when the argentinian peso dies, noone will want them, and bitcoin will shine.

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:44:22 PM

There is some logic to what you say, because currently fiat money is more liquid than bitcoin, and you can therefore use fiat as an intemediate money type. But you talk as if bitcoin is unusable when there is no fiat money. On the contrary, when the argentinian peso dies, noone will want them, and bitcoin will shine.

Yep, argentine, greece, and other financially burdened countries need to switch to bitcoin asap. Its more liquid internationally, even if locally there arent more vendors.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
orsotheysaid

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 11:00:12 PM

Yep, argentine, greece, and other financially burdened countries need to switch to bitcoin asap. Its more liquid internationally, even if locally there arent more vendors.

The main problem is there is not enough supply. The GDP of a single small country like greece is about $280 billion, how can btc's less than 4 billion marketcap absorb all that new wealth?
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:07:50 AM

The main problem is there is not enough supply. The GDP of a single small country like greece is about $280 billion, how can btc's less than 4 billion marketcap absorb all that new wealth?

If there were to be that type of demand for bitcoin, then the price would rise significantly and you'd have a much larger market cap.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:07:46 AM

If there were to be that type of demand for bitcoin, then the price would rise significantly and you'd have a much larger market cap.

Good opportunity to cite Rothbard: The money volume is always 1. Meaning, it does not matter how much money exists. Due to the standard market dynamics, there will always be just enough.

And since money has pure speculative value, and no intrinsic value, no child will go hungry, cold, houseless or witless due to lack of money in the aggregate.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:28:09 AM

Never invest all your money into something, I don't even have all my money in banks. I like to keep my money scattered, invested in gold, bitcoin, real estate and other altcoins. A little in bonds and stocks but the quantity is too less, I don't really like the stock market. And I like to spend some in gambling, it ends well for me often Wink

I have never really given gambling too much time of my life, I have always treated it like a sport. Never got too involved in it honestly. Also, I live in Europe. In Europe, online gambling has caught the attention of regulators. There are a lot of rules and regulations so that minors don't get involved with it. Bitcoin does make things easy but I like to be on the safe side.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:28:18 AM

This is of course in the aggregate, a certain being could be all of hungry, cold, houseless and witless at the same time. In which case, you could help. Give the child what it immediately needs to survive, then to help it off suggest it to mow your lawn for money, then everyone elses lawn in the street, or suggest a low level job paying food and shelter at a farm or shoe shop. Let the child know that value creation is making something or doing something for others for money that is worth the trouble. Direct action. You can do it, because you are rich and you know things.

Unless a bunch of ignorant idealists from the back side of the globe intervenes, leaning to the power of the state, accusing you of (the undefined, politican word) trafficking, and lock you up in a dark hole, thus destroying humanity.

greBit

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:10:10 AM

This is of course in the aggregate, a certain being could be all of hungry, cold, houseless and witless at the same time. In which case, you could help. Give the child what it immediately needs to survive, then to help it off suggest it to mow your lawn for money, then everyone elses lawn in the street, or suggest a low level job paying food and shelter at a farm or shoe shop. Let the child know that value creation is making something or doing something for others for money that is worth the trouble. Direct action. You can do it, because you are rich and you know things.

Unless a bunch of ignorant idealists from the back side of the globe intervenes, leaning to the power of the state, accusing you of (the undefined, politican word) trafficking, and lock you up in a dark hole, thus destroying humanity.

There will always be ignorant idealists in the world

These ignorant idealists from the back side of the globe will always intervene, leaning to the power of the state, accusing people of trafficking, and lock em up in a dark hole, fucking with humanity. You can't change all of them, you can just deal with them. You can choose to either strive to be above them, with them or end up below them. You cannot erase them.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:21:27 AM

These ignorant idealists from the back side of the globe will always intervene, leaning to the power of the state, accusing people of trafficking, and lock em up in a dark hole, fucking with humanity. You can't change all of them, you can just deal with them. You can choose to either strive to be above them, with them or end up below them. You cannot erase them.

What you and I can do, is do the right thing (in a long time sustainable egoistic way), taking care that we do not expose too much risk of being haunted by the state. Direct action, no mass movement, knowing the capability of the enemy.
greBit

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:34:10 AM

What you and I can do, is do the right thing (in a long time sustainable egoistic way), taking care that we do not expose too much risk of being haunted by the state. Direct action, no mass movement, knowing the capability of the enemy.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I believe that going defensive is the best offensive. Mass movement might trigger the government and bring a war, but how can we make a real change without giving a fight like that?
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:39:24 AM

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I believe that going defensive is the best offensive. Mass movement might trigger the government and bring a war, but how can we make a real change without giving a fight like that?

In a big way, you can't. I have problems persuading a single person, how could I change the minds of a billion?
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 05:00:05 AM

better to save it.
or just buy bitcoin.

because bitcoin is the future money. we need them spread all over the world and take out arbitrary.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:54:14 AM

Actually by saving it you are also risking it in some way, as the price of bitcoin is very unstable and fluctuates quite a lot, so you'll never know when it drops or rises, and by that you are taking a risk.

Honestly using your own country's currency might be even more stable, but depends, but since bitcoin is universal, you can buy some bitcoins to invest as well. Do some work and investigation to check for safe and trustworthy investments, and investments will be worth it. Cheesy

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: