Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6346

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:21:17 PM

"Saving" is investing without knowing where your bank puts the money.

If you have the time and knowledge, you should clearly invest. If you don't have it, then saving is still not a bad option.

In cryptocurrencies, if you don't have time to look for good investments, look at concepts like Proof of Stake and Proof of Burn.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:03:25 AM

If you have the time and knowledge, you should clearly invest. If you don't have it, then saving is still not a bad option.

In cryptocurrencies, if you don't have time to look for good investments, look at concepts like Proof of Stake and Proof of Burn.

POS is vulnerable, but then again , i dont thing small coins are targeted, thiefs only looks for big buck.

POB i dont have a clue what that its

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:18:14 AM

Well if you're a risk taker then you should go invest your money but if you're conservative enough to think for the better future, I suggest you save it. But probably the best thing to do is to invest it in something that is not as shaky as bitcoin's price. Although bitcoin can be a good investment but I don't suggest that you'd go invest your whole treasure in it.

the simple saving as leaving your money under pillow on in a bank(with an awful interest) is not good and deleterious, if i have saved 1k euro in the past when euro was born, now i have the same 1k euro, but those money cannot buy the same thing, they will lose a great % of purchase power

resulting in a big loss, and the interests of the bank can't overcome this

interest rate of banks can't overcome it, but it is still the best option for people who don't want to invest. there simply isn't a better option. but these people will indeed end up with less purchasing power.

there is actually, investing in something that acquire value when the time pass it's better for those people, for example a good wine that the more it get old the more it's worth

if you have a small garden, you can plant some stuff there, like vegetables and seed and sell those, chia seed for example are very valuable
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:36:37 PM

i were a player of forex of fiat and well the banks plays with your money they make the coin going down and up soo fast  that is hard to stay alive there,i had lost on it around 1000 dollars and get out,at crypto we got big whales but is hard to loose all money you got,at crypto you have the option to win and get more and more bitcoins,soo invest is the best way even buying land, some house ,you will be able to rent it or to sell it always the thing is search for good deals as at crypto....
techrun

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:55:12 PM

i were a player of forex of fiat and well the banks plays with your money they make the coin going down and up soo fast  that is hard to stay alive there,i had lost on it around 1000 dollars and get out

I would call forex trading rather than investing.  Personally I think it's very very difficult to be a successful forex trader at home, you need to be at a City trading desk to have access to enough information to have any chance.  It's not something I'm thinking of trying.  I prefer steady investments like Blue chip share investments. 
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:36:20 PM

Diversification is wise,if you can find good fund,you can invest,dream is find fund like Warren Buffet fund was at the beging

Golden rule is never invest money what you can afforde

Yet another check,analyse before investing

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1410

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 11:55:10 PM

soo invest is the best way

Depends on what you mean by the words "way" . It actually depends on how you want to "keep" your money. Some people just love to keep them for the sake of security and some people "keep" them in a way to get more . Not everyone is into investing because you are exposing your funds into something with higher risk. Saving on the other hands is exposing your funds to risk as well however the risk is pretty much smaller if you compare it to investing

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:29:00 AM

You can ramble all you want on diversing investments, but most wont know enough to do that.

The vast majority would rather just give money to a broker and rely on their experience.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:12:27 AM

Invest in what though?

Stocks? I have a friend who makes 80k through daytrading and he does nothing with it, but to daytrade even more and leaves it in there since ameritrade gives you 1% lol.

ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:22:58 AM

Depends on what you mean by the words "way" . It actually depends on how you want to "keep" your money. Some people just love to keep them for the sake of security and some people "keep" them in a way to get more . Not everyone is into investing because you are exposing your funds into something with higher risk. Saving on the other hands is exposing your funds to risk as well however the risk is pretty much smaller if you compare it to investing

so true,
saving money or investing, having your own risk
depending you choose to dare to invest with greater risk
or save you money with little risk
they have their respective advantages,

because I'm the one who dared to take risks, I choose to invest hahaha
how about you ?
knowhow

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:14:50 PM

most of us invest since we have some saved and we wanna to raise it to a big ammount the thing is when we start it is very hard to try to stop,my goal is 50k dollars if i reach it i will reinvest to reach 75k and keep raise my target ,becames a vicious way not very wealthy but if i can do that my self why should i let my money in other hands like bank?
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:05:34 PM

so true,

how about you ?

Investment is always a better option as compared to the savings. And at the younger age you can afford to take the risk where you know even if your investment was not a successful decision you start working hard on making money and wont repeat the same mistake in coming future as you cannot afford to take any risk at the older age.
knowhow

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:44:50 PM

one thing is sure the olders persons doesnt like such inovation soo invest for them is far away as you said youngs always take the risks and if loose they will recover since they can keep working and get those health back,but there is the sharks of investing are the oldest people more knowledge and they make it almost at low low risk investments and the return from them is the same of youngers that choose the high risk,because they usually has more money.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:18:45 PM

so true,

how about you ?

Investment is always a better option as compared to the savings. And at the younger age you can afford to take the risk where you know even if your investment was not a successful decision you start working hard on making money and wont repeat the same mistake in coming future as you cannot afford to take any risk at the older age.

hahaha you know what my age is 63 years, is too old right ?
to dare to take risks should not young age
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:25:57 PM

one thing is sure the olders persons doesnt like such inovation soo invest for them is far away as you said youngs always take the risks and if loose they will recover since they can keep working and get those health back,but there is the sharks of investing are the oldest people more knowledge and they make it almost at low low risk investments and the return from them is the same of youngers that choose the high risk,because they usually has more money.

I Agree. Experience of the older person comes into play when it comes to make an good investment as they are more experienced and they have sound knowledge of where to invest and when to invest? But the fact is they will never invest in such a product which they haven't heard say bitcoins. They will never experiment with their investments.
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:50:55 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

I think it hurt to invest money in something rather than keep the money. When you put money into something, at most cases, steam can not fail you can not just be a win-win, keep this money, the value of money decreases and you can be a very big loss.
knowhow

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:37:04 AM

what i meaned is oldest has more experience soo they invest at what they believe and bitcoin isnt there yet we will see that happen on the next years when youngers will start talk about it like whats app become viral now all people use it,soo we have a road to achieve those knowledge and experience people.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:04:33 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

I think it hurt to invest money in something rather than keep the money. When you put money into something, at most cases, steam can not fail you can not just be a win-win, keep this money, the value of money decreases and you can be a very big loss.

So you are suggesting on keeping money? I think if you know how to invest and get a solid investment I dont think those will hurt you. Like you said if we are keeping on money without doing anything with it the value will decrease and you will suffer more than that. So get a good investment is the best for increasing your value and sure you will get some profit too and one more thing remember to diversify it to lower your risk on losing all of your money
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:09:45 AM

Invest in what though?

Stocks? I have a friend who makes 80k through daytrading and he does nothing with it, but to daytrade even more and leaves it in there since ameritrade gives you 1% lol.

then he is addicted to money, the whole point of being rich is to reach a target and retire, without the need to work anymore on soemthing that you don't like

saving too much it's useless if in the end you will not use those money, money are meant to be used, at least 50% should be used and 50% saved
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:53:16 PM

not all investment has been successful and keeping your money not lose its value, In investment you can lose money because of its risk and in saving you can save here in bitcoin just exchange your fiat money into coins then keep it into your wallet now inflation can't affect the value of your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: