Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:39:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:23:27 PM

Hahaha user's problem, they got panic if they saw that bitcoin price is going down. But we all know that bitcoin price is temporary and its stability change anytime. Just have a long patience when the price of bitcoin goes up again.
And what do you think about bitcoin price that have reached $1,000 but went down and never go up to that price again? There were people who lost much because of that, and blamed their friends who recommended bitcoin for them as an investment. We need aware to little change in bitcoin price, dont need to panic, just aware it.
We all know that everything has a risk, so if you used something you must know the responsibilities. Yes you are correct they should aware about that, but why you used bitcoin or try it if you don't even know what it can do with your money? I think your friend should told you about that.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:00:00 PM

its better to hold the money and not invest it anywhere, investing gives you only low percentage profit and you have to risk loosing the money even if you think that investment is safe, the safest place for your money is your bitcoin wallet
Ok but whats the use of holding all coins in wallet, atleast by invest one can earn small amount of money... i dont say that invest all coins but investing small amount can be good

Having bitcoin alone is a gamble, since some actually believe it can just drop like crazy since its volatile.

Then again what Id ask, is whats not volatile since almost everything is.. but yeah just in general some people actually leave some out to lend on the exchange threads to earn more bitcoin which is what id consider if you have rep.

Well, the bankers are holding:

How Many Here Own Bitcoin?" American Banker Conference #Bitcoin4Bankers

So you best be holding too.

I would speculate with a certain % of your BTC on a few interesting alt projects and wait for solid gains. Example: Maidsafe went from 8K to 13K and I've been calling that one out for a while. Easy profits and I ain't selling anytime soon, too low.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1410

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 09:09:15 PM

I wouldnt recommend savings at all.

Theres better investments that earn way more

This is pretty much wrong. First of all you should note that saving is not to be considered as investment. Saving is much about securing your money and investment is about getting interest from your capital.
Saving could be deemed as a form of investment because you get an interest in return for saving however things are pretty much different because the interest that you got from saving isnt covering the yearly inflation rate therefore you are losing but the main point of saving isnt about "getting more" but for "keeping purposes"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:12:17 PM

well banks got inlove from tecnology of blockhain we got the best and powerful bank in hands ,they are worryed and wanna now copy it?buy it?And i doubt they will reduce their fees ,their services and give a better interest on our deposits.Invest some 50% into bitcoin and others crypto you wont regret
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:02:21 PM

This is pretty much wrong. First of all you should note that saving is not to be considered as investment. Saving is much about securing your money and investment is about getting interest from your capital.
Saving could be deemed as a form of investment because you get an interest in return for saving however things are pretty much different because the interest that you got from saving isnt covering the yearly inflation rate therefore you are losing but the main point of saving isnt about "getting more" but for "keeping purposes"

Saving is a primary thing, you cannot invest unless you save money for the future, each and every individual is not born rich, that he can directly make an investments with holding a great capital, for a ordinary guy saving is primary thing and investment is the secondary.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:51:24 AM

Saving is a primary thing, you cannot invest unless you save money for the future, each and every individual is not born rich, that he can directly make an investments with holding a great capital, for a ordinary guy saving is primary thing and investment is the secondary.

Right. You have to save before you can invest, or more exactly said someone has to save before possibly someone else can invest, by borrowing the saved money.

This is also true in the nonfree market, the general market, that which includes the violence of the state. When the state invests in a road, it has to take money in taxes (someone has to consume less to pay the taxes, i.e saving), or by government borrowing (someone gives products to the government and get a loan certificate back, the value of which can be spent later, i.e. saving), or the government takes saved money from pensioners, widows and fatherless through inflation of the money quantity. i.e they take the value from the saved money.

If you think of it, like someone without the concept of money ingrained, it is quite basic and understandable. If you have nothing, and like berries, and can pick a little more berries than you need per day, you have to save a bunch of berries to take a day off, make a berry picker which is then an investment, to increase your productivity.

tl; dr You have to save before you can invest - it is basic and logical.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1126

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:33:22 AM

Hahaha user's problem, they got panic if they saw that bitcoin price is going down. But we all know that bitcoin price is temporary and its stability change anytime. Just have a long patience when the price of bitcoin goes up again.
And what do you think about bitcoin price that have reached $1,000 but went down and never go up to that price again? There were people who lost much because of that, and blamed their friends who recommended bitcoin for them as an investment. We need aware to little change in bitcoin price, dont need to panic, just aware it.
We all know that everything has a risk, so if you used something you must know the responsibilities. Yes you are correct they should aware about that, but why you used bitcoin or try it if you don't even know what it can do with your money? I think your friend should told you about that.
Investment is a way to get profit which we should reduce any risks or anything to get profit as much as we can. Seems you havent got into bitcoin in 2014 when its price was $600 and went down next months until $300 now. Hodling bitcoin is a risk, then I only can say good luck to you, hope you will get much profit.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:41:55 PM

Investment is a way to get profit which we should reduce any risks or anything to get profit as much as we can. Seems you havent got into bitcoin in 2014 when its price was $600 and went down next months until $300 now. Hodling bitcoin is a risk, then I only can say good luck to you, hope you will get much profit.
Hahaha its not impossible that the bitcoin price goes up, because we all know that the stability of the price is not stable and change in every hour.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:21:46 PM

Of course is a risk, Antonopoulous always says so himself, BTC is very high risk investment, but as should you know, if you play in the high risk leave, you play in the high rewards league (assuming big losses league are included, but things look good).
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:04:45 PM

Hahaha its not impossible that the bitcoin price goes up, because we all know that the stability of the price is not stable and change in every hour.
Yeah actually I am same with you, hoping bitcoin price goes up someday atleast reach $500, but I cant see anything that can become a trigger to make its price goes up rapidly. With Greek crisis, its price went up just around $50.

Of course is a risk, Antonopoulous always says so himself, BTC is very high risk investment, but as should you know, if you play in the high risk leave, you play in the high rewards league (assuming big losses league are included, but things look good).
I prefer to do sport gambling then, which dont need long time to get the result. Its really very risky to make bitcoin as long term investment.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 06:57:35 PM

Savings or investment depends on the need of the individual. Savings is good for contingent situations as you can use it for any unforseen circumstances but savings will make your money idle While investment can go two way, either you make profit on the investment or loss.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:38:19 PM

well some people are waiting bitcoin returns into the 600 dollars wall to get out and the who bought at 1000 dollars the same thing,but if all out who will be in?Bitcoin is the new gold,but at crypto world.Soo invest on it would be the best way since now there is around 20 crypto currencies like bitcoin ,getting stable getting value loosing soo there is the land of opportunity
misterycoins

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:26:15 PM

The idea of "only investing in Bitcoin what you can afford to lose" is backwards. I'm investing in Bitcoin all the money that I want to SAVE. Unlike my fiat bank accounts, my Bitcoin wallets can not be seized by the state nor frozen by a corporation.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1410

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 12:07:37 AM

The idea of "only investing in Bitcoin what you can afford to lose" is backwards. I'm investing in Bitcoin all the money that I want to SAVE. Unlike my fiat bank accounts, my Bitcoin wallets can not be seized by the state nor frozen by a corporation.

You are using the wrong term for this basically you are not investing but you are saving as because the main point of this would not be to get more but rather to secure your belongings. Saving is about securing your belongings and security .
The words investing is only used if you are looking to get more of what you have invested which means that there is an interest rate that you gain from each of your capital

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:25:17 AM

I don't think so that investing in bitcoin is a bad idea, but I also don't think that investing only the money you can afford to lose is a bad idea either. I mean, come on man. Bitcoins are something which are an unstable investment, there is a higher risk of bitcoin's price dropping and me losing all my savings if I invest in btc rather than my bank turning against me and being a bitch. I'd rather take my chances and not lose my hard earned money. I will invest in bitcoin, not save Smiley
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 07:57:53 AM

I don't think so that investing in bitcoin is a bad idea, but I also don't think that investing only the money you can afford to lose is a bad idea either. I mean, come on man. Bitcoins are something which are an unstable investment, there is a higher risk of bitcoin's price dropping and me losing all my savings if I invest in btc rather than my bank turning against me and being a bitch. I'd rather take my chances and not lose my hard earned money. I will invest in bitcoin, not save Smiley

When I was introduced to bitcoin, it was referred to me as the safest way of banking. I really question that now as my funds keep fluctuating and I don't think a bitcoin wallet might be the best place to keep all of my savings. That's why I diversify my investments and keep them in my btc wallet but my savings will always be in the bank or at home.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:55:58 AM

You are using the wrong term for this basically you are not investing but you are saving as because the main point of this would not be to get more but rather to secure your belongings. Saving is about securing your belongings and security .
The words investing is only used if you are looking to get more of what you have invested which means that there is an interest rate that you gain from each of your capital
I think its better if you could explain what the examples of investment in bitcoin to us here, since many people hard to differ what is investment and saving just from those meaning, which in saving we also can get interest with time deposit.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:01:25 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

For sure to invest. But you must know something. The money are invested even in bank. You earn interest on your money and this is investment. Are low earnings but are earnings. This is the first thing. The second thing is that is not important where or when are invested the money but how much can be earned from those and, this is important, haw safe is this investment. The principal rule is: More earnings less safe in the investment. So everyone make its choice. There is people who want few and invest in banks. There are others that want much more and invest online (when the warranties are at the minimum). At everyone his choice.
apriyani420

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:06:15 PM

if you are talking about bitcoins i would keep it and not invest into anything, i believe that its the best way to get profit, as the price can jump really high, and it would lead to big roi

mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2440

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 12:17:26 PM

Buy real estate and rent it.

Best investment in every age.

You need big amounts of money? Sell the estate, and you still got the rent payments. Sounds good to me.

Bitcoin on he other hand, is not an investment option. It is more like gambling.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: