Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:21:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095075 times)
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:41:31 AM

You are correct that the gases produced through the burning of the fuel are not part of the rocket itself, no-where have I said that they are.

So a force affecting a gas does not affect other bodies so why bother with explaining gas? There need to be some connection and the only connection there could be is pressure.

I'm not making any assumptions, I'm using physics that has been tried, tested, proven, peer reviewed and is repeatable if you chose to perform the experiments yourself.

Everybody is making assumptions or using someone elses assumptions. No sorry brainless people dont make assumptions, but yeah I discluded those.

BRAIN works on assumptions.

Experiments are repeated. On Earth. Well. Yeah they are and you just "assume" its the same in supposed vacuum hence the sky is vacuum because noone does experiments if a space is vacuum. Got it?

We are not talking about if a rocket works. THEY DO. We are talking about space being a vacuum or not. Got it? And that thing is just assumed not testen, proven peer reviewed or anything. This issue is just ignored.

Until you understand that the propulsion system of a rocket works due to the gases pushing against the internals of the rocket engine and not the atmosphere itself, you're never going to understand why they work (better) in a vacuum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:44:33 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 10:04:01 AM by Przemax

You are correct that the gases produced through the burning of the fuel are not part of the rocket itself, no-where have I said that they are.

So a force affecting a gas does not affect other bodies so why bother with explaining gas? There need to be some connection and the only connection there could be is pressure.

I'm not making any assumptions, I'm using physics that has been tried, tested, proven, peer reviewed and is repeatable if you chose to perform the experiments yourself.

Everybody is making assumptions or using someone elses assumptions. No sorry brainless people dont make assumptions, but yeah I discluded those.

Experiments are repeated. On Earth. Well. Yeah they are and you just "assume" its the same in supposed vacuum hence the sky is vacuum because noone does experiments if a space is vacuum. Got it?

We are not talking about if a rocket works. THEY DO. We are talking about space being a vacuum or not. Got it? And that thing is just assumed not testen, proven peer reviewed or anything. This issue is just ignored.

Until you understand that the propulsion system of a rocket works due to the gases pushing against the internals of the rocket engine and not the atmosphere itself, you're never going to understand why they work (better) in a vacuum.

Yes but if you push against the internals of the rockets you are pushing it back. So its like 0 sum force. Thats why I used the argument of unability of elevating yourself by the belt - you keep making 0 sum force even if you use force. Just explain me where on which direction and what is the cause of the pressure wave. It should not be that hard to do.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:14:32 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 04:20:38 PM by notbatman

...[clip]...

The assumption that you keep making which is wrong is that pressure in the engine pushes against the outside pressure (atmosphere) to produce thrust, it doesn't. The outside pressure actually works against the thrust of the engine by slowing down the escaping gases. A good way to get your head around this is to think about what would happen if you stopped the gases from escaping the engine by blocking off the exhaust exit. If you did this the pressure would be equalized in all directions and no propulsion could occur.

...[clip]...

The outside pressure you say "works against the thrust of the engine by slowing down the escaping gases" creates what's called "compression". Do you know anything at all about engines? How about the wrench and the screwdriver?

It's funny that you mention compression, as it's the compression of the gases released from the burning mixture that push in all directions causing the pressure within the engine and thus the thrust. While a small amount of compression would occur between the escaping gases and the atmosphere there is nothing restricting the flow of gases outside the rocket so it's negligible.

I've fixed a number of four stroke engines over the years, so I'm quite familiar with the internal combustion engine, wrenches and screwdrivers. How about you?

The atmosphere is under tremendous pressure and greatly restricts the flow of expanding gasses from the rocket nozzle. The pressure caused by the flow of expanding gasses compresses the atmosphere and it's this force between the rocket engine and atmosphere that causes thrust.

At sea-level atmospheric pressure is a mere 14.7 psi - not really the definition of "tremendous pressure" is it. Nor does the atmosphere greatly restrict the flow of expanding gases, just take a look at exhaust systems in cars and see how well a naturally aspirated engine runs without an exhaust.

If 14.7 psi isn't tremendous pressure then perhaps you'd like to explain why when BADecker sticks his head in a vacuum chamber at 0 psi it explodes with considerable force? As for the atmosphere not reacting to the expanding gasses exiting the rocket nozzle, I'm sorry but you're either a fool or a shill to state this.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:34:56 AM

I don't read everything but how can you explain that we can trip around the world if the earth is flat?
The world is a motionless flat plane with magnetic north at the center, if you fly east or west via the compass you will eventually travel in a circle.

But if you keep going south, you hit a huge impassable ice-wall, right ?

Should be able to go around in a full circle in any direction.. north, south, east, or west.
How do flat earth'ers explain their way out of that one ?

The explanation earlier seems to potentially work in only west/east.  Shocked

Any claims of polar circumnavigation are obviously false/hoaxes if there's no south pole.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:35:54 AM

I don't read everything but how can you explain that we can trip around the world if the earth is flat?
The world is a motionless flat plane with magnetic north at the center, if you fly east or west via the compass you will eventually travel in a circle.

But if you keep going south, you hit a huge impassable ice-wall, right ?

Should be able to go around in a full circle in any direction.. north, south, east, or west.
How do flat earth'ers explain their way out of that one ?

The explanation earlier seems to potentially work in only west/east.  Shocked

See also:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=flat+earth+circumnavigation
TooQik

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:53:24 AM

Yes but if you push against the internals of the rockets you are pushing it back. So its like 0 sum force. Thats why I used the argument of unability of elevating yourself by the belt - you keep making 0 sum force even if you use force. Just explain me where on which direction and what is the cause of the pressure wave. It should not be that hard to do.

If the rocket engine was a totally sealed chamber then there would be zero net force as the pressure is pushing equally in all directions. When you create an opening on one side of the chamber and allow the gas to escape, you create a pressure differential and the net force is no longer zero. This force acts against the inside wall of the rocket engine on the side opposite to the opening and pushes the mass in the opposite direction to the escaping gas.
TooQik

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:00:09 AM

The atmosphere is under tremendous pressure and greatly restricts the flow of expanding gasses from the rocket nozzle. The pressure caused by the flow of expanding gasses compresses the atmosphere and it's this force between the rocket engine and atmosphere that causes thrust.

At sea-level atmospheric pressure is a mere 14.7 psi - not really the definition of "tremendous pressure" is it. Nor does the atmosphere greatly restrict the flow of expanding gases, just take a look at exhaust systems in cars and see how well a naturally aspirated engine runs without an exhaust.

If 14.7 psi isn't tremendous pressure then perhaps you'd like to explain why when BADecker sticks his head in a vacuum chamber at 0 psi it explodes with considerable force? As for the atmosphere not reacting to the expanding gasses exiting the rocket nozzle,  i'm sorry but you're either a fool or a shill to state this.

Have you ever seen someone explode at zero psi? Or have you been watching too many space movies?

As for whether I'm a fool, shill or any combination of the two, I'm clearly a fool for thinking that your comments in this thread, or the original posting by you, are anything more than you trying to push your own agenda rather than seeking any form of informative replies, but given the subject matter I knew that before I put finger to keyboard.  Wink
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:34:41 AM

If 14.7 psi isn't tremendous pressure then perhaps you'd like to explain why when BADecker sticks his head in a vacuum chamber at 0 psi it explodes with considerable force? As for the atmosphere not reacting to the expanding gasses exiting the rocket nozzle,  i'm sorry but you're either a fool or a shill to state this.

Have you ever seen someone explode at zero psi? Or have you been watching too many space movies?

As for whether I'm a fool, shill or any combination of the two, I'm clearly a fool for thinking that your comments in this thread, or the original posting by you, are anything more than you trying to push your own agenda rather than seeking any form of informative replies, but given the subject matter I knew that before I put finger to keyboard.  Wink

You're trying to win a technical argument with bullshit from government textbooks and circular logic. Blaming me, saying I'm pushing some kind of agenda because you're unable to defend the establishments lies just shows what a cuckold you are, my motivations are transparent.

[fuck_my_wife.jpg]
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:42:12 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 12:03:01 PM by Przemax

If the rocket engine was a totally sealed chamber then there would be zero net force as the pressure is pushing equally in all directions. When you create an opening on one side of the chamber and allow the gas to escape, you create a pressure differential and the net force is no longer zero. This force acts against the inside wall of the rocket engine on the side opposite to the opening and pushes the mass in the opposite direction to the escaping gas.

I have an impression you dont know what a pressure is. Pressure difference creating a force? What? Pressure IS A FORCE on a square surface.

by letting the gas out you dont create a pressure do you? I was asking how you create a pressure aka that is a FORCE that is in the direction of the acceleration. I know how they do that. They use the mass of the atmosphere and its relativly high internal pressure. Its undoable in vacuum.

Rockets are just a transformers of indirect pressure in all direction to a pressure directed towards the rocket, but they need some medium to help them tranform the direction of the force to more coherent one.

TooQik

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:09:59 PM

As for whether I'm a fool, shill or any combination of the two, I'm clearly a fool for thinking that your comments in this thread, or the original posting by you, are anything more than you trying to push your own agenda rather than seeking any form of informative replies, but given the subject matter I knew that before I put finger to keyboard.  Wink

You're trying to win a technical argument with bullshit from government textbooks and circular logic. Blaming me, saying I'm pushing some kind of agenda because you're unable to defend the establishments lies just shows what a cuckold you are, my motivations are transparent.

[fuck_my_wife.jpg]

I'm presenting an argument based on scientific laws and principals that are well known and understood from a multitude of both individuals and established bodies of varying nationalities over a long period of time, while you're so disillusioned by your government that you believe that everything that has ever been presented to you is a lie. Consequently you can't tell your arse from your elbow and are trying to project onto anyone who doesn't agree with you your disillusionment.

Maybe try educating yourself from non conspirator sources.

It is perfectly acceptable to simply disagree on a subject, although you conspiracy theorists always seem to resort to name calling and personal attacks...must be the fluoride withdrawals.  Tongue
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:32:26 PM

^^^ That's right just pretend there isn't a conspiracy and that a Mason really walked on the Moon, cuckold. I've won the argument and there's nothing left to do but make fun of the fact you let other men fuck your wife.
MiSKLaCH

Activity: 417
Merit: 253

I hate everyone, equally.

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:55:45 PM

^^^ That's right just pretend there isn't a conspiracy and that a Mason really walked on the Moon, cuckold. I've won the argument and there's nothing left to do but make fun of the fact you let other men fuck your wife.

I'm sorry to inform you that you're wrong. Instead, you won a ticket for a permanent stay in the funny farm.

For new visitors: this thread is probably the most nonsense you can find in this forum, it has been created by a troll for trolls.

Of course everyone knows that the Earth is a geoid, a spherical object.

This is real science: https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/nasa-knows/what-is-earth-58.html
This is one of the many sources about the flat earth madness debunking: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

Everyone saying that Earth it's flat, hollow, donut shaped etc. is a psychotic troll.

I hate everyone, equally.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:45:16 PM

I'm sorry to inform you that you're wrong. Instead, you won a ticket for a permanent stay in the funny farm.

For new visitors: this thread is probably the most nonsense you can find in this forum, it has been created by a troll for trolls.

Of course everyone knows that the Earth is a geoid, a spherical object.

This is real science: https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/nasa-knows/what-is-earth-58.html
This is one of the many sources about the flat earth madness debunking: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

Everyone saying that Earth it's flat, hollow, donut shaped etc. is a psychotic troll.

"Earth is our home planet. (((Scientists))) believe Earth and its moon formed around the same time as the rest of the solar system. (((They))) think that was about 4.5 billion years ago. Earth is the fifth-largest planet in the solar system. Its diameter is about 8,000 miles. And Earth is the third-closest planet to the sun. Its average distance from the sun is about 93 million miles. Only Mercury and Venus are closer.

...[crap redacted]..." -- https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/nasa-knows/what-is-earth-58.html

They think, they believe what the hell is this crap? Where's the proof we live on a spinning ball in a vacuum, where's the evidence? All they've got is cartoon pictures and a narrative that talks down to the reader like they were born yesterday.

Everybody knows? STFU until you can provide some evidence. I've proven the Earth is a motionless flat plane and provided evidence we're inside an enclosed system, surrounded by water and covered by a polarized nickel-iron steel dome with a reflective oxide coating.

I haven't even looked at that wiki yet... can't say I'm unbiased based on your description.

edit:

"Tila Tequila also believes that the planet ...[crap redacted]..." -- http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

Yeah she's cute but WTF is this shit?

Image disclaimer: outer space is fake.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 04:47:40 PM

The entertainment value makes this thread definitely worth the time to read it.  I am on it daily to see what new creative memes and insults have been added.  Since appearing in this thread, the ramblings of Pzermax have been an interesting word puzzle.

I know I'll keep tuning in for the show Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:53:44 PM

Any claims of polar circumnavigation are obviously false/hoaxes if there's no south pole.

So you eventually run into an impassable ice-wall, if you keep going South, right ?

Remedial link for the queer and daft:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1009045.msg17729633#msg17729633

See also:
https://www.youtube.com/results?q=antarctica+is+fake
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:59:46 PM

So you eventually run into an impassable ice-wall, if you keep going South, right ?
Remedial link for the queer and daft:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1009045.msg17729633#msg17729633
See also:
https://www.youtube.com/results?q=antarctica+is+fake

Can you just answer the question with simple Yes or No ?

"So you eventually run into an impassable ice-wall, if you keep going South, right ?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgit6h60IUw - THE FLAT EARTH ICE WALL EXPLAINED - WITH PHOTOS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fuck you and your video faggotry, you greasy degenerate stool stuffer.
exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Ok. So spacex is faking videoes. Sure. News and events are fabricated for money and power around the world. I totally agree with that. Only a fool dont see that.

But..... what would they gain for hiding a flat earth? What does it give them to have this special knowledge of knowing that down is down and that holograms can be illogical. Is there any sanity for them to do so outside of messing with your head? Sorry you all seem like your heads are messed up already. So why bother?

Why not assume they want to hide the electric universe of Tesla because they have some technology that gives them power over the others. If usa would like to fool other countries into not having those technologies, the flat earth model with its atechnological ascientific point of view would be the excelent cover up for any conspiracy searchers to put into a mislead.

Getting back to gravity. How would your model explain difference in the pressure in water the more deep you descend. Logicaly one would have to assume that the more dense water goes "down" and less dense go "up". But even you must admitt its an absurd. There  is no more dense and less dense water. Water is water.

Only logical alternative explaination is the Tesla's explanation of aether that its not only a governing force of matter but a property of a matter as well. And an aether is a electrmagnetic phenomen.  Having a large octahedron in the middle of the universe making the universe electrical makes absolute sense.

It is spiritual cause, so you will need spiritual discernment. Since you do not have it, I', willing to help you. Let's start again:

Who have told you that I think that theory of evolution is valid? I dont. Neither of spinning earth, big bang or global warming caused by a man.

Many of novaday theoretic science made in XX century is a total garbage but not all. That science that is proven to work aka technical is perfectly fine.

Even if satan rules. He cant do that directly he need to set the rules of the game. And I cant imagine the rule of the political game to state that you are not allowed to believe in a flat earth. The rules of the game we all play are a rather keeping your comperative advantage over your fellow man and keep him broke and use him to earn you money. In that world - the real world, not conspiratard world you need to look at its logic, aka who gain what. Romans used to say qui bono. In other words - noone gains in keeping flat earth not on a table. To the contrary - half truths like flat earth is making your fellow brother at disadvantage because he cant for example navigate without a gps, neither travel efficiently. Not to mention flat earthers wouldnt even want to explore the world as they "know" everything.

Its like the best gift you can give to the satan followers - keep yourself stupid and in disadvantage. Not to mention its a very grim world where noone trust eachother and are mistrusful to communicate with eachother.

We as humanity minus flat earthers and blind nasa believers have established a way to contact with eachother using logical statements. Yes. Satan would like us not to communicate efficiently with eachother.

If you are so christian as you say, listen to what Jesus have said - "By the fruits you will know them". What fruits does flat earth provide? Anger, mistrust, lack of ability to communicate, giving false statement to your fellow man etc etc. I see absolutely nothing good out of it.

Do you have any flat earth technology? There is an electric discharge between the surface of the earth and the glass of the sky. You could explore and reaserch that and show us that flat earth is valid. But you wont do that because you would have to assume that above the glass of the sky there are still realms to explore.

That is why people despise christianity. You are only a partialy christians. The ones that will be spit out of His mouth. In other words less poetic - you are slightly disgusting.

As I said in previous post you clearly are a confused guy. Do you know how to read? The Word of God has exactly ZERO endorsment for a spinning globe. This is common sense. If you can't grasp that, then our conversation is finished. You can restart your research from this pic:

This also applies @ willingly ignorant badecker. You are acting like a moron, posting deceiving nasa links in flat earth truth thread. What a joke.   

Enjoyable bonus material which can help rid of a "balltardism":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxvxYLdfayY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6vNVUFkhuE

TooQik

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:40:22 AM

I can totally understand the reasoning behind people thinking the moon landings were faked given the political environment between the US and USSR at the time, but to believe that there's a flat Earth conspiracy is just sheer lunacy.

If you really want to win people over to your cause may I suggest actually engaging in a discussion, it will make you look more intelligent than you really are, although I do thank you for highlighting your character as it makes it easier to determine how much effort I need to put into my replies.

P.S. My wife says she's unable to make your regular Monday afternoon session but she's free this Wednesday if you want to get your load away.
TooQik

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:01:41 AM

I have an impression you dont know what a pressure is. Pressure difference creating a force? What? Pressure IS A FORCE on a square surface.

by letting the gas out you dont create a pressure do you? I was asking how you create a pressure aka that is a FORCE that is in the direction of the acceleration. I know how they do that. They use the mass of the atmosphere and its relativly high internal pressure. Its undoable in vacuum.

Rockets are just a transformers of indirect pressure in all direction to a pressure directed towards the rocket, but they need some medium to help them tranform the direction of the force to more coherent one.

Of course pressure is a force.

If you have two objects pushing together in opposite directions with the same amount of pressure there is no movement of either object as you have zero net force, or to say the same thing another way zero pressure differential.

If you haven't seen it already, have a look at this website: https://www.physicsforums.com/

You might find some useful information there to help you in your understanding.
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:03:04 AM

Friedrich Maurer - Der Compass der Weisen (The Compass of the Wise), 1779
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: