Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:27:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901280 times)
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:12:58 AM

God's biggest thing is perfection. He is perfect and requires us to be the same way.

If God ever sinned, He did it perfectly. We can't even sin perfectly, to say nothing about not sinning perfectly.

God sounds a bit like I used to be - didn't work out, the perfection thing. At least being a Sinner himself, He now can have compassion on me sinning too, and do it perfectly. Cool stuff.  Smiley

God is not a sinner. He is ruler. Even if He did what looked like a sin, it isn't sin for Him, because He owns it all, and can do with everything as He wants.

However, God has had compassion on you in your sinfulness. He did it by sending Jesus to take away the effects of your sinning, so that you can be saved... if you believe.

To show perfect compassion on sin you have to perfectly know sin. Jesus knows sin fully, I'm sure.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:36:24 AM

God's biggest thing is perfection. He is perfect and requires us to be the same way.

If God ever sinned, He did it perfectly. We can't even sin perfectly, to say nothing about not sinning perfectly.

God sounds a bit like I used to be - didn't work out, the perfection thing. At least being a Sinner himself, He now can have compassion on me sinning too, and do it perfectly. Cool stuff.  Smiley

God is not a sinner. He is ruler. Even if He did what looked like a sin, it isn't sin for Him, because He owns it all, and can do with everything as He wants.

However, God has had compassion on you in your sinfulness. He did it by sending Jesus to take away the effects of your sinning, so that you can be saved... if you believe.

To show perfect compassion on sin you have to perfectly know sin. Jesus knows sin fully, I'm sure.

The devil looked at the glory God had given Him. You can see it in Ezekiel chapter 28, where the prophecy against the King of Tyre turns into a prophecy about Satan. Satan corrupted himself by becoming conceited because of the glory God gave him.

When God made people to be the apple of His eye, Satan became jealous. He decided he could do it better than God. But to be at least like God, he had to do at least the things that God did. He had to create something. But what could he create that God hadn't created? God had created everything so well that it all worked together perfectly.

The only thing that God didn't create was destruction. And, destruction being a far easier thing to create and do than building things up, AND since it would show strength above God (he thought), Satan created destruction. That's why he is called Abaddon and Apollyon in the Revelation.

But God is way greater, far beyond what Satan understood, even in all his (Satan's) glory. First, God maintained all things even though Satan attempted to destroy them. He did it by working destruction far better than Satan could. Second, God is using Satan's own destruction to destroy Satan himself, and to destroy destruction itself. The work of Jesus on the cross, and His resurrection, is the greater part of the way God is using destruction to overcome destruction.

So, yes. Jesus understands sin.

What do you think?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:24:51 AM

God sounds a bit like I used to be - didn't work out, the perfection thing. At least being a Sinner himself, He now can have compassion on me sinning too, and do it perfectly. Cool stuff.  Smiley

The devil looked at the glory God had given Him. You can see it in Ezekiel chapter 28, where the prophecy against the King of Tyre turns into a prophecy about Satan. Satan corrupted himself by becoming conceited because of the glory God gave him.

When God made people to be the apple of His eye, Satan became jealous. He decided he could do it better than God. But to be at least like God, he had to do at least the things that God did. He had to create something. But what could he create that God hadn't created? God had created everything so well that it all worked together perfectly.

The only thing that God didn't create was destruction. And, destruction being a far easier thing to create and do than building things up, AND since it would show strength above God (he thought), Satan created destruction. That's why he is called Abaddon and Apollyon in the Revelation.

But God is way greater, far beyond what Satan understood, even in all his (Satan's) glory. First, God maintained all things even though Satan attempted to destroy them. He did it by working destruction far better than Satan could. Second, God is using Satan's own destruction to destroy Satan himself, and to destroy destruction itself. The work of Jesus on the cross, and His resurrection, is the greater part of the way God is using destruction to overcome destruction.

What do you think?

I love how you are painting your epistemological picture, grounded in the ancient collection of religious writings which has become widely known as "bible" BADecker.  You are doing a terrific job constructing your understanding of the world that form the basis for your (shared by many others too) assumptions about reality, all of it based on that storied book.

But I have to be honest with you - I find the ancient collection "bible story book" to be inhibitive of my imaginary capabilities. There are so much un-explored magical imagination in so many individuals just because of the restrictive nature of this religious book. I believe in opening up imaginative capabilities, not restricting it by setting man-made borders on what is to be real and what not.

I do adhere to, and find inspiring, the core idea of who (I think> imagine really) the historical Jesus was and what he stood for - this is something I have to read "between the lines" of this book because it is twisted so much through the millennia, [not to even speak of the New Testament writings which is already a myriad of interpretations of him, all cast in the religio-cultural context of that particular time and place in history]  that it is impossible to rely on the current (or past prints for that matter) prints as even remotely close to the actual wording of Jesus.

I am not of mid-eastern region and do not adhere to mid-eastern culture, past and present, as is clearly displayed in the bible collection.

The claim on reality in the bible collection story book is only as good as the imaginations and inspirations of those writers and the religio-culture to which they belong. I'm not saying it is not interesting to read, it is interesting to read and some parts are very inspirational, but I cannot accept it binding as pertains to (my) reality. I need wider vistas and broader scopes to color my painting.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:42:42 PM

God sounds a bit like I used to be - didn't work out, the perfection thing. At least being a Sinner himself, He now can have compassion on me sinning too, and do it perfectly. Cool stuff.  Smiley

What do you think?

I love how you are painting your epistemological picture, grounded in the ancient collection of religious writings which has become widely known as "bible" BADecker.  You are doing a terrific job constructing your understanding of the world that form the basis for your (shared by many others too) assumptions about reality, all of it based on that storied book.

But I have to be honest with you - I find the ancient collection "bible story book" to be inhibitive of my imaginary capabilities. There are so much un-explored magical imagination in so many individuals just because of the restrictive nature of this religious book. I believe in opening up imaginative capabilities, not restricting it by setting man-made borders on what is to be real and what not.

I do adhere to, and find inspiring, the core idea of who (I think> imagine really) the historical Jesus was and what he stood for - this is something I have to read "between the lines" of this book because it is twisted so much through the millennia, [not to even speak of the New Testament writings which is already a myriad of interpretations of him, all cast in the religio-cultural context of that particular time and place in history]  that it is impossible to rely on the current (or past prints for that matter) prints as even remotely close to the actual wording of Jesus.

I am not of mid-eastern region and do not adhere to mid-eastern culture, past and present, as is clearly displayed in the bible collection.

The claim on reality in the bible collection story book is only as good as the imaginations and inspirations of those writers and the religio-culture to which they belong. I'm not saying it is not interesting to read, it is interesting to read and some parts are very inspirational, but I cannot accept it binding as pertains to (my) reality. I need wider vistas and broader scopes to color my painting.

I see what you mean. It's like science fiction for you. Probably the science in 99+% of science fiction is fiction, besides the sci-fi stories being novels. At least the Bible is reality.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 12:12:57 AM

... I see what you mean. It's like science fiction for you. Probably the science in 99+% of science fiction is fiction, besides the sci-fi stories being novels. At least the Bible is reality.

The reality that any religious book "is", has been socially constructed. See social constructionism to better understand the nature of these things.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 12:22:28 AM

... I see what you mean. It's like science fiction for you. Probably the science in 99+% of science fiction is fiction, besides the sci-fi stories being novels. At least the Bible is reality.

The reality that any religious book "is", has been socially constructed. See social constructionism to better understand the nature of these things.

Certainly the minds of people construe the construction to be this or that. The point is what God says. There is a special spiritual ringing when you finally believe the Bible, one that you won't get from any other religious book. You know it is true, because your spirit recognizes the truth of it... when you believe.

Cool

nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 02:27:00 AM

Poll: Is BADecker a paid troll or just a simple idiot?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606430.0
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 08:23:27 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Why do Atheists hate Religion it because they don't believe in anything they are just reading scientist books or etchetera and they have a problem with their lives for sure , they also believe in science that science created everything if you are going to read the article you gonna believe it for sure too.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 12:31:31 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Why do Atheists hate Religion it because they don't believe in anything they are just reading scientist books or etchetera and they have a problem with their lives for sure , they also believe in science that science created everything if you are going to read the article you gonna believe it for sure too.

You seem to be saying that people hate religion, because science doesn't prove much to them, but rather must be accepted by faith, just like any other religion. But the people want something that is factual, something that they KNOW rather than something that they need to have faith in. So they hate religion, even their religion of science, because much of science has to be taken on faith.

Cool

siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 12:53:18 PM

I don't know why they hates religion. They have their affairs and we have our affairs.
Let them take care of their affairs.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
eminem90

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:42:40 PM

Who said that atheists hate religion ?! I believe in God, but I rarely attend Church. I know atheists who are loyal to the people of faith and religion in general.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 05:11:59 PM

Who said that atheists hate religion ?! I believe in God, but I rarely attend Church. I know atheists who are loyal to the people of faith and religion in general.

I get tired of hearing all the nonsense...

I went to visit family a week ago... and every hour someone would mention god... "god will give him what he deserves"... "I hope god teaches that guy a lesson"... "At least we are going to heaven, unlike that guy"... "god blessed me with ..."

It's all a bunch of, "I'm better than you because I believe in fairy tales"... and it's quite annoying to hear constantly
dippididodaday

It's personal

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 06:23:33 PM

Well this definition of religion encompasses the 'human way' as a whole. The reason you don't freak out every time you wake up is because you have a belief system that anchors you to this reality, without it you wouldn't be able to hold your mind together. Your 'ritualistic behavior' is to always recognize and respect the objects in your environment for what they are, for example, you 'ritually' understand that a chair is meant to be sat on. At a deep enough level, the demarcation line between science and religion blurs and the two become interchangeable. The 'eternal rewards' you refer to is merely the 'bait' that entices people to that particular system and is not a defining element of religion itself.

You clearly have an elevated understanding of the constructionist power of words (ideas) in the minds of people. This is crucial to get a grasp on the power that religions/ideologies can have on people, since it's a whole lot of words/ideas/stories being conveyed.

When all those storied ideas or actual interpreted happenings lead a person to fundamentally discriminate between self and other where self is now elevated and other is 'less than worthy', then clearly this ritualistic behavior fails to recognize and respect the other humans for what they fundamentally are, and now place them in the category of 'objects' in their 'environment' and with time the repetitious ritualistic understanding becomes etched and are difficult to change.

That's why I think Moloch says this:

I went to visit family a week ago... and every hour someone would mention god... "god will give him what he deserves"... "I hope god teaches that guy a lesson"... "At least we are going to heaven, unlike that guy"... "god blessed me with ..."

It's all a bunch of, "I'm better than you because I believe in fairy tales"... and it's quite annoying to hear constantly
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:20:25 PM

The attitudes of those "Godly" people might have been wrong, but you are the one living in the fairy tail world by thinking that God doesn't exist.

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3516

born once atheist

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:26:27 PM

The attitudes of those "Godly" people might have been wrong, but you are I am the one living in the fairy tail world by thinking that God doesn't does exist.

Cool

FIFY  (huh, never knew fairys had tails much less a world named for em.... Grin)

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:29:59 PM

The attitudes of those "Godly" people might have been wrong, but you are I am the one living in the fairy tail world by thinking that God doesn't does exist.

Cool

FIFY  (huh, never knew fairys had tails much less a world named for em.... Grin)

I am sorry to hear about your life in a closed box... where you can't see nature or understand scientific law.

Cool

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 04:42:41 PM

Cool

I am sorry to hear about your life in a closed box... where you can't see nature or understand scientific law.

Cool

where you can't see nature or understand scientific law

That's, kind of, the main reason that disapproves gods existence and the reason I don't believe in one (not saying the phislosophy of gods can't be good or lived by in life)

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
eminem90

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 05:02:51 PM

Complete nonsense. Where does it say that God forbids to explore the world or to engage in scientific activities ?! This is all to ensure that the believer does not mean that people are not educated and stupid.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:17:11 PM

Complete nonsense. Where does it say that God forbids to explore the world or to engage in scientific activities ?! This is all to ensure that the believer does not mean that people are not educated and stupid.

It means that atheists have a big gap in their understanding.

Nature is full of machines. Nature is a big machine in itself. It takes the intelligence of mankind to make man's machines. All man's machines are taken from nature one way or another. There isn't any example of machines that come about without some thinking. Man can't think up nature's machines because of the complexity of them. Whatever thought up nature's machines and built them fits the dictionary definition of "God."

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3516

born once atheist

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:15:09 PM

Cool

Cool

1.I just got back from overseas holiday in UK. I travel extensivly including to 49 of 50 of
the United States,trips to several European countries as well as Nepal and India
(to observe a total solar eclipse)and Tunisia. Also 4 trips to the  Virgin Islands.
Life in a closed box you say? I think not.

2.As far as your statement "you cant see nature..".well lets see....
I was outside all day today doing yardwork and tending my garden.
As I live in a rural area I'm treated to many awesome sights of nature,
including deer, beavers ground hogs many wild turkeys and the occasional heron.
 I can identify most of the plant and tree species that grow on my property,
and many are unfortunatly invasive. Japanese knotweed being my biggest nemisis.
I cant see nature you say? I think not.

3.Being a science major at college I studied physics and math extensivly.
I enjoy reading science type books by well known authers such as Carl Sagen, Issac Asimov
Richard Dawkins, Victor Stenge, James Randi,Lawrence Krause, Martin Gardener and Roger Penrose
to name a few.
I dont understand scientific law you say? I think not.

I really have no idea how or where you heard about my "life in a closed box  where I "cant see nature
or understand scientific law" from my previous post  that simple stated
FIFY....
then again as I've stated previously, I've no idea why someone of your intelligence
believes in bible mythology nonsense and the invisible sky fairy (which  incidently is about
as likly to exist as a flat earth.)

Happy labor day my friend.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: