Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:13:16 AM

Actually, that is man's interpretation of the data. People forget (intentionally) that there is no way to take into account natural C-14 activity in the past, because nobody was there measuring the C-14 data as it happened. In addition, because of the carbon dating that has been proven to be false, the best that carbon dating might be is a better interpretation of things that we know the near date of through other methods.

In other words, carbon dating is all guesswork regarding the dates that are being interpreted from the results evidence.

It's not guess work! It's statistics! And that's why we do the experiments few dozens of times and we take into account a margin error! But you'd want us to be wrong about millions of years wrong? nonsense!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating#Errors_and_reliability

Sounds quite reliable to me... the example they use to show the possibility of error using only 1 standard deviation, is still only off by like 5% at most... still super accurate

This was demonstrated in 1970 by an experiment run by the British Museum radiocarbon laboratory, in which weekly measurements were taken on the same sample for six months. The results varied widely (though consistently with a normal distribution of errors in the measurements), and included multiple date ranges (of 1σ confidence) that did not overlap with each other. The extreme measurements included one with a maximum age of under 4,400 years, and another with a minimum age of more than 4,500 years

Problem is not even accuracy!
No matter the accuracy, when you get ONLY results between 5 millions years old and 4 999 500 years old, it's hard to believe that the real result would be 3000...

BADecker thinks God put less Carbon-14 in older objects... just to trick us into thinking he doesn't exist... if that makes sense?
(makes no sense to me... why would God hide any/all evidence of creation?)

Mouhahahahaha xD

That's actually a good explanation!
But if Gods has nothing better to do he's really a douchebag xD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:14:05 AM

Actually, that is man's interpretation of the data. People forget (intentionally) that there is no way to take into account natural C-14 activity in the past, because nobody was there measuring the C-14 data as it happened. In addition, because of the carbon dating that has been proven to be false, the best that carbon dating might be is a better interpretation of things that we know the near date of through other methods.

In other words, carbon dating is all guesswork regarding the dates that are being interpreted from the results evidence.

It's not guess work! It's statistics! And that's why we do the experiments few dozens of times and we take into account a margin error! But you'd want us to be wrong about millions of years wrong? nonsense!

Sounds quite reliable to me... the example they use to show the possibility of error using only 1 standard deviation, is still only off by like 5% at most... still super accurate

This was demonstrated in 1970 by an experiment run by the British Museum radiocarbon laboratory, in which weekly measurements were taken on the same sample for six months. The results varied widely (though consistently with a normal distribution of errors in the measurements), and included multiple date ranges (of 1σ confidence) that did not overlap with each other. The extreme measurements included one with a maximum age of under 4,400 years, and another with a minimum age of more than 4,500 years

No matter the accuracy, when you get ONLY results between 5 millions years old and 4 999 500 years old, it's hard to believe that the real result would be 3000...

BADecker thinks God put less Carbon-14 in older objects... just to trick us into thinking he doesn't exist... if that makes sense?

Takes someone who doesn't even consider that God might exist, especially in the face of all the cause and effect we see, without anything other than cause and effect being known, to ask why God would do things, when he wouldn't understand the answer if it walked right up and scratched him in the eyeball.

Are you just here to troll and be a douche?

Really poor representative of Christianity

Of course I have considered whether or not God exists... I spent 30 fucking years researching the subject!  How about you ya little shit?

Yes, I am just here to act like I'm 12, and makes all Christians look stupid

That's what I thought

Did you actually thought that BD might be an atheist in disguise coming here to discredit religious freaks? Cause that works!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:18:10 AM

Cool

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork? Or is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

I checked my pockets, under the bed, in the garage, the attic, and all of a sudden I realized, it is all over the Internet for anybody who wants to research it.

Cool

Is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

Are you such a child that you constantly have to ask me for my beliefs, my knowledge, and my opinions? Can't you figure anything out on your own?

Smiley

I'm attempting to get an answer from you. You post opinions masquerading as facts but when someone asks you a relevant question it's back to insults, eh?

Just answer the question: Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork?

Now there is a statement! Of course, there might be other reasons why you would ask me a question than because you are trying to get an answer from me.

I suspect that we all post opinions a times. And, like you, I probably dip over the line into opinion in some ways when I am stating facts. However, if I insult anybody intentionally, it's just that I am agreeing with their insults of themselves.

Is it going to bother you a lot if I don't answer your question in the way you want? Ask yourself the question, or go out and research it if you want.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:22:28 AM

Cool

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork? Or is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

I checked my pockets, under the bed, in the garage, the attic, and all of a sudden I realized, it is all over the Internet for anybody who wants to research it.

Cool

Are you such a child that you constantly have to ask me for my beliefs, my knowledge, and my opinions? Can't you figure anything out on your own?

Smiley

We try to understand how flawed your reasonning is. And believe me it's hard to understand how dumb you can be.

You're actually saying that it's not because the same experiment made 1500 times give the same result that this result is correct?

Well, thank you for showing us how dumb you can be by stating your inability to understand how dumb I can be.

Did I really say that about some experiment made 1500 times? I don't see, above, where I said anything about 1500.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:23:57 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

I'm attempting to get an answer from you. You post opinions masquerading as facts but when someone asks you a relevant question it's back to insults, eh?

Just answer the question: Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork?

Now there is a statement! Of course, there might be other reasons why you would ask me a question than because you are trying to get an answer from me.

I suspect that we all post opinions a times. And, like you, I probably dip over the line into opinion in some ways when I am stating facts. However, if I insult anybody intentionally, it's just that I am agreeing with their insults of themselves.

Is it going to bother you a lot if I don't answer your question in the way you want? Ask yourself the question, or go out and research it if you want.

Cool

So, you make lots of comments about carbon dating being inaccurate but you don't know enough about statistics to post even one simple type of analysis that you don't think is guesswork.

I don't think any of us should take anything you write seriously.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:24:30 AM

Mouhahahahaha xD

He's holding your life in His hands.    Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:26:36 AM

Takes someone who doesn't even consider that God might exist, especially in the face of all the cause and effect we see, without anything other than cause and effect being known, to ask why God would do things, when he wouldn't understand the answer if it walked right up and scratched him in the eyeball.

Are you just here to troll and be a douche?

Really poor representative of Christianity

Of course I have considered whether or not God exists... I spent 30 fucking years researching the subject!  How about you ya little shit?

Yes, I am just here to act like I'm 12, and makes all Christians look stupid

That's what I thought

Did you actually thought that BD might be an atheist in disguise coming here to discredit religious freaks? Cause that works!

He's not an atheist. He is not coming to discredit atheists (religious freaks). He is coming to show them how they are wrong to be atheists, except if they really want eternal damnation.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:28:24 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

Cool

So, you make lots of comments about carbon dating being inaccurate but you don't know enough about statistics to post even one simple type of analysis that you don't think is guesswork.

Well, you are right about the, "I don't think..." part, anyway.    Cool

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:50:47 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

Cool

Well, you are right about the, "I don't think..." part, anyway.    Cool

That's because I allow for the fact I might be wrong. You should try it sometime -- you might learn something if you're not continually letting yourself be backed into attempting to explain ridiculous ideas with even more ridiculous ideas.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:02:16 AM

organofcorti, what you're proposing is not easy. It's far easier to be a drone and repeat the same thing.

mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:42:04 AM

Mouhahahahaha xD

He's holding your life in His hands.    Cool

So what? If I come to your house and put a gun on your head I'm holding your life in my hands. Will it make me any different? Means I'm some kind of God to you?

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

mainpmf

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:43:01 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

We try to understand how flawed your reasonning is. And believe me it's hard to understand how dumb you can be.

You're actually saying that it's not because the same experiment made 1500 times give the same result that this result is correct?

Well, thank you for showing us how dumb you can be by stating your inability to understand how dumb I can be.

Did I really say that about some experiment made 1500 times? I don't see, above, where I said anything about 1500.

Cool

You said carbon datation was not correct. Carbon datation has been made not 1500, but hundreds of thousands of times. And you're saying all those experiments are wrong.

Truckcoin

mainpmf

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:44:46 AM

That's because I allow for the fact I might be wrong. You should try it sometime -- you might learn something if you're not continually letting yourself be backed into attempting to explain ridiculous ideas with even more ridiculous ideas.

Problem is not even that he's sure of himself and his ideas...

I don't care that people are sure of how they think! Problem is there is NOTHING to back his reasoning, and when we try to make him define his arguments he just avoids the question...

Truckcoin

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:54:18 PM

Cool

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Cool

Smiley

Cool

You said carbon datation was not correct. Carbon datation has been made not 1500, but hundreds of thousands of times. And you're saying all those experiments are wrong.

Wrong? I don't know that "wrong" is a good word for this. Rather, inconclusive. Why? For at least two strong reasons:
1. There have been plenty of times that C-dating has given conflicting results, as reported on right in this thread;
2. Nobody knows what C-14 content was like in the past, beyond what we can date through other methods.

In other words, if we have used a "pottery" dating system to show that something is, say, 4,000 years old, we can examine the object for C-14, and determine what the C-14 results are for that object. The flaw in the C-14 dating system is to think that everything in the world follows that exact, same pattern, and that anything before that 4,000 years follows the C-14 pattern of that 4,000-y-o item at all. We don't know for sure. Good guesses, maybe. But entirely inconclusive. The point is, we don't know at all how old the earth is from C-14. Other evidence suggests that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. The best written record, the Bible, suggests that the earth is well under 10,000 years old.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:34:18 PM

Cool

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Cool

Smiley

Cool

Wrong? I don't know that "wrong" is a good word for this. Rather, inconclusive. Why? For at least two strong reasons:
1. There have been plenty of times that C-dating has given conflicting results, as reported on right in this thread;
2. Nobody knows what C-14 content was like in the past, beyond what we can date through other methods.

In other words, if we have used a "pottery" dating system to show that something is, say, 4,000 years old, we can examine the object for C-14, and determine what the C-14 results are for that object. The flaw in the C-14 dating system is to think that everything in the world follows that exact, same pattern, and that anything before that 4,000 years follows the C-14 pattern of that 4,000-y-o item at all. We don't know for sure. Good guesses, maybe. But entirely inconclusive. The point is, we don't know at all how old the earth is from C-14. Other evidence suggests that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. The best written record, the Bible, suggests that the earth is well under 10,000 years old.

Cool

Well, that is it.  Nobel Prize committee will contact you soon.

I guess we can stop all science and technology research, since Bible tells us everything we need to know  Wink Wink

Is this what you really want?  Create Bible Madrasa schools, study only from Bible, the true word of God?  
Muslims already tried it, look at the results.  Do you honestly think that if they used the Bible the results would be any different?

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:02:06 PM

Does it have to be mentioned again that there is no measurable evidence for religion/God?

yes , there is no god no heaven no saving by jesus.. we are in the real world not in a delusional heaven..

Ok, and yet you ask of community to provide one for you. So what do you want to hear.

Now let me tell you what I want to hear:

Give me PROOF and EVIDENCE that atheism(which you are so eagerly preaching) is ACCURATE and CORRECT. Just ONE proof and i will be the first one to became a true atheist.

Atheism is not a religion, or a claim... it is a rejection of your claim that God exists

Christians made a claim... "God exists, and he is just like is says in this book here"... Atheists read the book, and dispute this claim for lack of foundation/evidence

It's as simple as, "We don't believe you"... what is there to prove?

I did not ask you to define atheism, I know what atheism is. Give me only one proof and evidence that will prove it 100% accurate and correct.

Let me help you.
Actually the quickest way to destroy my faith in God would be to show a naturalistic mechanism for resurrection of the dead.  Then Christ's resurrection, which is the center of our faith, would be nothing special at all.
Of course people can't pop out of graves randomly.  But God can raise people from the dead easily enough. But even that he has no obligation to do that. Your time here is measured, your days are numbered, remember that.

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:09:22 PM

Does it have to be mentioned again that there is no measurable evidence for religion/God?

yes , there is no god no heaven no saving by jesus.. we are in the real world not in a delusional heaven..

Ok, and yet you ask of community to provide one for you. So what do you want to hear.

Now let me tell you what I want to hear:

Give me PROOF and EVIDENCE that atheism(which you are so eagerly preaching) is ACCURATE and CORRECT. Just ONE proof and i will be the first one to became a true atheist.

Atheism is not a religion, or a claim... it is a rejection of your claim that God exists

Christians made a claim... "God exists, and he is just like is says in this book here"... Atheists read the book, and dispute this claim for lack of foundation/evidence

It's as simple as, "We don't believe you"... what is there to prove?

I did not ask you to define atheism, I know what atheism is. Give me only one proof and evidence that will prove it 100% accurate and correct.

Let me help you.
Actually the quickest way to destroy my faith in God would be to show a naturalistic mechanism for resurrection of the dead.  Then Christ's resurrection, which is the center of our faith, would be nothing special at all.
Of course people can't pop out of graves randomly.  But God can raise people from the dead easily enough. But even that he has no obligation to do that. Your time here is measured, your days are numbered, remember that.

Nobody ever resurrected from the dead... not even Jesus... in fact, Jesus never existed at all

Have you ever heard of a non-biblical account of anyone rising from the dead?  One that is verifiable, not some silly voodoo story?  Dead people stay dead... sorry
exemplaar

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:26:05 PM

Let me tell you The Truth:

Jesus, the LORD and KING not only that HE exist, He rose from the dead 2000 years ago that you may have life and yet you are now rejecting that? Think.

Why rejecting the Lord of all things, the beginning and the end. Where is your profit in that. There is none.

And yes, i have heard of non biblical accounts. He that has a power over death can also raise from the dead.

BTW, do you know what is the future destiny of a person you have in your nickname?  Roll Eyes

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:38:15 PM

BTW, do you know what is the future destiny of a person you have in your nickname?  Roll Eyes

exemplaar

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:52:32 PM

Grin
First to the spirit realm then obviously to you aka m_l_ch or whatever fan you are of.

Where is your sense of eternity, let me post a song for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM_rQmF8Q-M&list=RDwkScq3OveAw&index=10

Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: