Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:51:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901280 times)
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:55:20 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 05:34:21 AM by dippididodaday

... I've no idea why someone of your intelligence
believes in bible mythology nonsense and the invisible sky fairy (which  incidently is about
as likly to exist as a flat earth.)

Happy labor day my friend.

For clarity sake, since it seems it's quite a lot that bible is discussed in relation to religion in this thread, let me just say that mythology, definitively speaking, can be understood as a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events or a widely held but false belief or idea. From your post it looks like you are going with the second one.

Furthermore, I would like to emphasize that the bible is an extra-ordinary complex literary compilation of different genres, where each has to be read and understood according to the type you are reading. Given the history of more than 1500 years till the end product, this too, makes interpretation even more difficult. I don't comply that the bible is only of the second type of mythology (if this is in fact implied by your statement), but a mixture of both. For instance, this following reading is of the Legal Code and Covenant Treaty genre type and could hardly be understood as a false event (belief)  - just to illustrate the complexity faced with, when trying to understand the bible in a general sense and make general conclusions about it.

Leviticus 15:

Cleansing Unhealthiness

1The LORD also spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying, 2“Speak to the sons of Israel, and say to them, ‘When any man has a discharge from his body, his discharge is unclean. 3‘This, moreover, shall be his uncleanness in his discharge: it is his uncleanness whether his body allows its discharge to flow or whether his body obstructs its discharge. 4‘Every bed on which the person with the discharge lies becomes unclean, and everything on which he sits becomes unclean. 5‘Anyone, moreover, who touches his bed shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening; 6and whoever sits on the thing on which the man with the discharge has been sitting, shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening. 7‘Also whoever touches the person with the discharge shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening. 8‘Or if the man with the discharge spits on one who is clean, he too shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening. 9‘Every saddle on which the person with the discharge rides becomes unclean. 10‘Whoever then touches any of the things which were under him shall be unclean until evening, and he who carries them shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening. 11‘Likewise, whomever the one with the discharge touches without having rinsed his hands in water shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening. 12‘However, an earthenware vessel which the person with the discharge touches shall be broken, and every wooden vessel shall be rinsed in water.

13‘Now when the man with the discharge becomes cleansed from his discharge, then he shall count off for himself seven days for his cleansing; he shall then wash his clothes and bathe his body in running water and will become clean. 14‘Then on the eighth day he shall take for himself two turtledoves or two young pigeons, and come before the LORD to the doorway of the tent of meeting and give them to the priest; 15and the priest shall offer them, one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. So the priest shall make atonement on his behalf before the LORD because of his discharge

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:21:26 AM

Who said that atheists hate religion ?! I believe in God, but I rarely attend Church. I know atheists who are loyal to the people of faith and religion in general.

I get tired of hearing all the nonsense...

I went to visit family a week ago... and every hour someone would mention god... "god will give him what he deserves"... "I hope god teaches that guy a lesson"... "At least we are going to heaven, unlike that guy"... "god blessed me with ..."

It's all a bunch of, "I'm better than you because I believe in fairy tales"... and it's quite annoying to hear constantly

The attitudes of those "Godly" people might have been wrong, but you are I am the one living in the fairy tail world by thinking that God doesn't does exist.

Cool

FIFY  (huh, never knew fairys had tails much less a world named for em.... Grin)

I am sorry to hear about your life in a closed box... where you can't see nature or understand scientific law.

Cool

1.I just got back from overseas holiday in UK. I travel extensivly including to 49 of 50 of
the United States,trips to several European countries as well as Nepal and India
(to observe a total solar eclipse)and Tunisia. Also 4 trips to the  Virgin Islands.
Life in a closed box you say? I think not.

2.As far as your statement "you cant see nature..".well lets see....
I was outside all day today doing yardwork and tending my garden.
As I live in a rural area I'm treated to many awesome sights of nature,
including deer, beavers ground hogs many wild turkeys and the occasional heron.
 I can identify most of the plant and tree species that grow on my property,
and many are unfortunatly invasive. Japanese knotweed being my biggest nemisis.
I cant see nature you say? I think not.

3.Being a science major at college I studied physics and math extensivly.
I enjoy reading science type books by well known authers such as Carl Sagen, Issac Asimov
Richard Dawkins, Victor Stenge, James Randi,Lawrence Krause, Martin Gardener and Roger Penrose
to name a few.
I dont understand scientific law you say? I think not.

I really have no idea how or where you heard about my "life in a closed box  where I "cant see nature
or understand scientific law" from my previous post  that simple stated
FIFY....
then again as I've stated previously, I've no idea why someone of your intelligence
believes in bible mythology nonsense and the invisible sky fairy (which  incidently is about
as likly to exist as a flat earth.)

Happy labor day my friend.

Okay, see in the "understand" sense.    Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
eminem90

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:21:56 AM

Complete nonsense. Where does it say that God forbids to explore the world or to engage in scientific activities ?! This is all to ensure that the believer does not mean that people are not educated and stupid.

It means that atheists have a big gap in their understanding.

Nature is full of machines. Nature is a big machine in itself. It takes the intelligence of mankind to make man's machines. All man's machines are taken from nature one way or another. There isn't any example of machines that come about without some thinking. Man can't think up nature's machines because of the complexity of them. Whatever thought up nature's machines and built them fits the dictionary definition of "God."

Cool
In nature, there are machines prototypes. But these machines, the most primitive. Yes, man uses natural tips. But most of the inventions and developments, it is an achievement of man. For example, where you have seen in the nature of a computer prototype?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:30:00 AM

Complete nonsense. Where does it say that God forbids to explore the world or to engage in scientific activities ?! This is all to ensure that the believer does not mean that people are not educated and stupid.

Nature is full of machines. Nature is a big machine in itself. It takes the intelligence of mankind to make man's machines. All man's machines are taken from nature one way or another. There isn't any example of machines that come about without some thinking. Man can't think up nature's machines because of the complexity of them. Whatever thought up nature's machines and built them fits the dictionary definition of "God."

Cool
In nature, there are machines prototypes. But these machines, the most primitive. Yes, man uses natural tips. But most of the inventions and developments, it is an achievement of man. For example, where you have seen in the nature of a computer prototype?

Whatever kind of machines exist in nature, mankind is barely starting to learn how they work. These nature machines are so complex that we barely understand them. If they were not complex, or if we were a lot smarter, we would have figured out how to live a thousand years, long ago.

Nature's Marvelous Machines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqU2KUCyT9U

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
eminem90

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:59:35 AM

Cool

Whatever kind of machines exist in nature, mankind is barely starting to learn how they work. These nature machines are so complex that we barely understand them. If they were not complex, or if we were a lot smarter, we would have figured out how to live a thousand years, long ago.

Cool
You did not understand me. I do not dispute the uniqueness and genius of nature. I would only say that the person is capable of much. Well, life ... We must learn to use the time that you already have and not try to prolong life. Some people live for nothing, and 70-80 years. So why should they be immortal?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:05:23 AM

Cool

Cool
You did not understand me. I do not dispute the uniqueness and genius of nature. I would only say that the person is capable of much. Well, life ... We must learn to use the time that you already have and not try to prolong life. Some people live for nothing, and 70-80 years. So why should they be immortal?

God originally made people to be immortal. People threw their immortality away by sinning.

When God makes His people immortal again, He will do it by removing the results of their sin from them. This will be done in the resurrection.

Cool

eminem90

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:28:12 AM

Cool

Cool

God originally made people to be immortal. People threw their immortality away by sinning.

When God makes His people immortal again, He will do it by removing the results of their sin from them. This will be done in the resurrection.

Cool
God did not create people. And only one person currently on the fun. Then he allowed himself to weakness and created the second. I do not think that the creator was so stupid. When he created man and woman, it was logical to assume that a man and a woman begin to multiply. If God did not want that, it would create beings without distinction of sex.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:31:20 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool
God did not create people. And only one person currently on the fun. Then he allowed himself to weakness and created the second. I do not think that the creator was so stupid. When he created man and woman, it was logical to assume that a man and a woman begin to multiply. If God did not want that, it would create beings without distinction of sex.

Right about God not creating people. He made the man from the dust of the ground. He made the woman from the man's rib. Then he told them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

Cool

eminem90

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:12:16 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Right about God not creating people. He made the man from the dust of the ground. He made the woman from the man's rib. Then he told them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

Cool
So what then is not it? Man, in fact I am a child of God. And like any child, people sometimes naughty and naughty. Time of vremyani God punishes this man. In general the usual relationship between parents and children.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:51:25 AM

The earth is filling up nicely with humans. My guess is the end is nigh, since God in his infinite wisdom knows that overcapacity is not a good thing. So therefore it also seems that procreation as sanctioned by God himself has almost fulfilled its role in getting the numbers in - my guess is Hell needs a whole f*cking lot of sinners for some reason - maybe to keep the fire going for eternity or something. In heaven of course, the few who make it there will unfortunately not have the chance to procreate any more - of course not - because the numbers for hell and heaven are already in - and heaven reaches its capacity very quickly and only a few. Hell will also be filled to capacity with the multitudes on earth as we surely approach full capacity in the not to distant future. Its all works out perfectly like a wonderful machine.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:17:25 PM

The earth is filling up nicely with humans. My guess is the end is nigh, since God in his infinite wisdom knows that overcapacity is not a good thing. So therefore it also seems that procreation as sanctioned by God himself has almost fulfilled its role in getting the numbers in - my guess is Hell needs a whole f*cking lot of sinners for some reason - maybe to keep the fire going for eternity or something. In heaven of course, the few who make it there will unfortunately not have the chance to procreate any more - of course not - because the numbers for hell and heaven are already in - and heaven reaches its capacity very quickly and only a few. Hell will also be filled to capacity with the multitudes on earth as we surely approach full capacity in the not to distant future. Its all works out perfectly like a wonderful machine.

There is lot's of room left on earth. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563338.msg16165653#msg16165653.

Cool

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:22:49 PM

There is lot's of room left on earth. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563338.msg16165653#msg16165653.

Cool

What do you think, why are sahara, siberia, south and north pole, etc.. so not full of people?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:33:09 PM

Cool

What do you think, why are sahara, siberia, south and north pole, etc.. so not full of people?

You don't need me to do your research for you, but you would find the wrong answer, of course.

So let me answer you. The reason these places aren't inhabited by many is, that people haven't made these places habitable for themselves, except in a small way.

Cool

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:02:14 PM

I hate the hypocrisy of religion...

Quote from: Matthew 7:13-14
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.  Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:06:56 PM

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.  Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Wow! Congratulations! You finally threw away your hypocrisy, and acknowledged that Atheism is a religion. I almost can't believe it.

Cool

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 12:49:39 AM

Wow! Congratulations! You finally threw away your hypocrisy, and acknowledged that Atheism is a religion. I almost can't believe it.

Do you ever get tired of being an idiot?

I get tired of trying to educate you
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:32:43 AM

Do you ever get tired of being an idiot?
Actually, no. Since I have never been an idiot, there is no way I could ever get tired of it.

I get tired of trying to educate you

Okay. So I was thinking of someone else, and you have acknowledged that Atheism is a religion all along.

Cool

nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:42:18 AM

Now they know who drilled the glory hole in the confessional.

Kiss
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 03:12:58 AM

OK, NOW Atheism is a verified religion~!

Happy now BADecker?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 03:41:53 PM

OK, NOW Atheism is a verified religion~!

Happy now BADecker?

Of course not. We need ALL the atheists to acknowledge it.    Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: