Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901264 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:49:34 AM

Atheist don't hate god, they just want to keep an equal relation with every god so that they don't get punished by any of them.
It's not just about not getting punished, it's about getting the good stuff.

Hey, don't forget the free handouts, various highs, and beer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:17:05 PM

In answer to the bit about religious leaders, let's try a thought experiment. Let's suppose your church is absolutely right, in every feature and detail. That means you and I can agree that all those OTHER believers--everyone who has viewed God differently than you do--has been mistaken. That's over 6 of the 7 billion alive today, and tens of billions through history believing in false gods.

Who could be behind all these false gods?

People are behind all gods, what's amazing is that they actually convinced people who live in 2018 that they exist. I understand that thousands of years ago, people were ignorant and a god seemed like a plausible explanation but now? It's just silly, really.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:03:06 AM

In answer to the bit about religious leaders, let's try a thought experiment. Let's suppose your church is absolutely right, in every feature and detail. That means you and I can agree that all those OTHER believers--everyone who has viewed God differently than you do--has been mistaken. That's over 6 of the 7 billion alive today, and tens of billions through history believing in false gods.

People are behind all gods, what's amazing is that they actually convinced people who live in 2018 that they exist. I understand that thousands of years ago, people were ignorant and a god seemed like a plausible explanation but now? It's just silly, really.

Cause and effect is behind everything. If people are behind the gods, then whatever started C&E is behind the gods.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Astargath

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:07:36 AM

Cause and effect is behind everything. If people are behind the gods, then whatever started C&E is behind the gods.

Cool

So no free will, which means your god cannot be real because he supposedly gave us free will. You can't have free will and cause and effect on everything.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:43:35 AM

Cool

So no free will, which means your god cannot be real because he supposedly gave us free will. You can't have free will and cause and effect on everything.

How do you know that God didn't give us free will?

You talk kinda funny. You claim that God doesn't exist, but you agree that everything is set up by C&E. Now if mankind can put together domino chains that use C&E, why is it that you can't see that the Setter Upper of the C&E of the whole universe fits the definition of God?

50,000 DOMINOES & CHAIN REACTIONS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqE1M9_lP8

Youtube search on "domino and other chains."

Ignore it all you want. But sooner you later you will really have to stick your head into a hole in the sand to ignore it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:06:26 AM

Cool

Thanks for feigning being a "fellow atheist", I think he knows better folks. Look what he's doing, he's claiming cause & effect and free will are mutually exclusive. Show us proof of your claim mr super-star.

I suspect he's pushing a group consensus on no God because he believes he is chosen by God and his people are are the only ones who can know about the creation of Earth and Man. Everybody not part of the tribe needs to believe in atheism because they're filthy slave animals not worthy of the truth. You and your children need to believe you're insignificant microscopic specs of shit stuck to the surface of a lifeless ball of space rocks hurtling through a cold, empty lifeless vacuum sparsely lit with heavy balls of fire. There's no heaven for filthy goyim like you, just the wrath of heavy balls of fire in the sky.

It could also be I'm mistaken and he's a hardcore degenerate psychopath and the thought of facing consequences for his actions from a righteous, just and all seeing God has him in panic mode; atheism is a way for him to bury his head in the sand. I'm guessing knowledge of an all seeing entity recording everything causes some hardcore "oh shit" moments for a lot of people.
Umamisnack

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:54:36 AM

I have friends who are atheists and they don't really hate religion, they hate pushy people and in return become sarcastic and mean. I don't casually share religion related stuff because it causes arguments. If you believe in God, then think about what He wants, and definitely it's not to hate His creations.
Astargath

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:27:08 AM

Cool

Thanks for feigning being a "fellow atheist", I think he knows better folks. Look what he's doing, he's claiming cause & effect and free will are mutually exclusive. Show us proof of your claim mr super-star.

I suspect he's pushing a group consensus on no God because he believes he is chosen by God and his people are are the only ones who can know about the creation of Earth and Man. Everybody not part of the tribe needs to believe in atheism because they're filthy slave animals not worthy of the truth. You and your children need to believe you're insignificant microscopic specs of shit stuck to the surface of a lifeless ball of space rocks hurtling through a cold, empty lifeless vacuum sparsely lit with heavy balls of fire. There's no heaven for filthy goyim like you, just the wrath of heavy balls of fire in the sky.

It could also be I'm mistaken and he's a hardcore degenerate psychopath and the thought of facing consequences for his actions from a righteous, just and all seeing God has him in panic mode; atheism is a way for him to bury his head in the sand. I'm guessing knowledge of an all seeing entity recording everything causes some hardcore "oh shit" moments for a lot of people.

Badecker claims that everything has a cause and that cause also has a cause, till god. If everything has a set cause then how can I actually have free will? If everything has a set cause, nothing is random, therefore everything is already set, everything that I will do today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life is already set to happen. If that's the case then it is impossible for me to have free will, my decisions aren't really mine and because everything was created by god, as you claim, god is responsible for our actions, therefore he shouldn't punish or reward us.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Gorchiza_112

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:28:51 AM

Atheist don't believe in religion.. But do thety hate it?
I don't think so. The core question is creation of Earth and is. Atheists believe in science or UFO  Grin

What I mean ... you don't need to hate something you don't believe in.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:49:36 AM

^^^ The core question is, is atheism a religion? After all, atheism matches some of the basic fundamentals found in all religions.

The most important of these fundamentals is that everybody knows that God might exist somewhere people haven't examined yet. This makes atheism a religion that is only attempted to be believe by those who claim that they are atheists. They know that they could absolutely and easily be mistaken. Therefore, they don't really believe their own atheism.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:06:58 AM

Badecker claims that everything has a cause and that cause also has a cause, till god. If everything has a set cause then how can I actually have free will? If everything has a set cause, nothing is random, therefore everything is already set, everything that I will do today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life is already set to happen. If that's the case then it is impossible for me to have free will, my decisions aren't really mine and because everything was created by god, as you claim, god is responsible for our actions, therefore he shouldn't punish or reward us.

Punishing or rewarding doesn't have anything to do with "He shouldn't." Actually, it's just the opposite. Since God designed the evil for a day of punishment, and the good for a day of righteousness, He absolutely should reward and punish.

The free will that God gives lies only in the direction of the faith of people. And God reinforces that faith in the direction it is going.

If your faith is such that it is against God, He will help you maintain it in that direction, even though He offers you the opportunity to change. This means that it is your own choice, and that God, being the dynamic and positive God that He is, is giving you the things that you choose out of love for you, but is also warning you about you faulty choices out of that same love.

Read Romans chapter 22 so that you can see that God is making an offer to people, and they are choosing what they choose, and He is maintaining their choice for them - http://biblehub.com/niv/romans/9.htm.

The place that cause and effect fits in is this. We are too weak spiritually to make anything happen. God makes our choices happen for us, via C&E, so that they match His design for the universe, and our position in it.

Cool

Astargath

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:16:12 AM

Punishing or rewarding doesn't have anything to do with "He shouldn't." Actually, it's just the opposite. Since God designed the evil for a day of punishment, and the good for a day of righteousness, He absolutely should reward and punish.

The free will that God gives lies only in the direction of the faith of people. And God reinforces that faith in the direction it is going.

If your faith is such that it is against God, He will help you maintain it in that direction, even though He offers you the opportunity to change. This means that it is your own choice, and that God, being the dynamic and positive God that He is, is giving you the things that you choose out of love for you, but is also warning you about you faulty choices out of that same love.

Read Romans chapter 22 so that you can see that God is making an offer to people, and they are choosing what they choose, and He is maintaining their choice for them - http://biblehub.com/niv/romans/9.htm.

The place that cause and effect fits in is this. We are too weak spiritually to make anything happen. God makes our choices happen for us, via C&E, so that they match His design for the universe, and our position in it.

Cool

How does your faith in god change then?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:47:51 AM

Cool

How does your faith in god change then?

What are you really asking? I mean, how does an electron fly around a proton in an atom of hydrogen?

My faith changes according to my choice, which God holds ever open for me to change. Because of my choice to be against God in some ways, He has strengthened that portion of my faith, according to my own choice, so that it is difficult for me to change it to be in favor of God rather than against Him. But because of my choosing to be in favor of God in some dramatic ways, He has strengthened me in faith so that I will never lose that dramatic, in-favor-of-God portion of my faith.

If God were not holding my choice open for me, and if He were not strengthening me to remain if favor of Him to my benefit, I would fall into choosing to be against Him. He does this for me because He desires my choice to be in favor of Him, and I am too weak in faith to resist Him.

Your faith is quite strong that you are able to choose to be against God in the face of all the inviting He does for you, and the evidence He shows you that He exists. The more you fight Him by strengthening your own faith against Him, the more He will give you what you ask by strengthening your faith against Him, just as you are doing. Have you passed the point where you can turn to be in favor of Him? Perhaps. But if you have, you will die soon, at God's directing, so that you won't build up more reasons to be punished in Hell than you have already built into your life.

And thank you for allowing me to improve your English through my posting that answers your questions.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:50:28 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 12:04:44 PM by BADecker

Insecurity on the part of the religious. Faith – believing claims without sufficient evidence, or claiming to know things that you don’t or can’t know – is an increasingly shaky endeavor. And in order for religious faith to survive, it requires a lot of social support: the more people who share it, the easier it is to maintain and reproduce. Thus, anyone who rejects the tenets of your faith, or calls them in to question, is a threat. Atheists lack a faith in God, and thus theists are particularly threatened by the growing presence of such humans, as they call into question the very thing that is ever so shaky to begin with: religious faith.

No matter what the atheist wants to call it, an atheist has faith that God doesn't exist. Why? Because he doesn't know for a fact that God doesn't exist. Kinda shaky ground to be on, denying God without knowing it for a fact. I mean, why would anybody care if they didn't believe that a coelacanth had been found? But to not believe that God might exist? Dangerous.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:38:03 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2018, 10:05:55 PM by BADecker

Insecurity on the part of the religious. Faith – believing claims without sufficient evidence, or claiming to know things that you don’t or can’t know – is an increasingly shaky endeavor. And in order for religious faith to survive, it requires a lot of social support: the more people who share it, the easier it is to maintain and reproduce. Thus, anyone who rejects the tenets of your faith, or calls them in to question, is a threat. Atheists lack a faith in God, and thus theists are particularly threatened by the growing presence of such humans, as they call into question the very thing that is ever so shaky to begin with: religious faith.

No matter what the atheist wants to call it, an atheist has faith that God doesn't exist. Why? Because he doesn't know for a fact that God doesn't exist. Kinda shaky ground to be on, denying God without knowing it for a fact. I mean, why would anybody care if they didn't believe that a coelacanth had been found? But to not believe that God might exist? Dangerous.

Cool

Probability that God exist is lower than the probability that a horse size blue eyed chipmunk exist on a planet Kolob.
Very, very close to zero.

There is not even a slightest chance that God (of the scriptures) exists because scriptures were written (on animal skins) by uneducated herders.  It is obvious that they did not have a slightest idea about Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Astrophysics.  Never mind their ideas how the world was created and by whom.

The probability that God exists would be extremely high if God hadn't been proven already. After all:
1. Evolution, the only alternative, has been proven to be impossible;
2. Cause and effect along with complexity shows that it was a Super Being to be able to C&E something like present-day intelligence into being;
3. When you throw in entropy to show that there was a beginning, this all says "God" whatever God might happen to be.

The God of the Bible exists in the fact that the Bible wouldn't exist in the form in which it exists without Divine guidance. The complexity of the universe is too great to be able to easily understand God from things like "Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Astrophysics." That's why we need God's direct revelation from the Bible.

Cool

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:54:17 PM

The true atheist knows of a greater power, he is fully aware of a God who is just and right and knows of his transgressions, who's seen his transgressions, who's heard his transgressions cry out. He knows that he is being judged, the hatred of an atheist is that of a criminal who hates the judge for ruling on his foul deeds.

The true atheist is fighting his judgement and satisfying his lust for flesh and blood with every hate filled mind he turns away from God. The true atheist has filled the minds of those he's turned with his hate, and scorn and ridicule for any religion that confesses a moral standard.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." -- KJV Ephesians 6:12
Xintenson

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:10:43 AM

Hate is such a strong world. From hearing their point of view they just think religion is BS, made up, fantasy. So they don't really consider it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:40:55 AM

The probability that God exists would be extremely high if God hadn't been proven already. After all:
1. Evolution, the only alternative, has been proven to be impossible;
2. Cause and effect along with complexity shows that it was a Super Being to be able to C&E something like present-day intelligence into being;
3. When you throw in entropy to show that there was a beginning, this all says "God" whatever God might happen to be.

The God of the Bible exists in the fact that the Bible wouldn't exist in the form in which it exists without Divine guidance. The complexity of the universe is too great to be able to easily understand God from things like "Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Astrophysics." That's why we need God's direct revelation from the Bible.

Cool

1. Evolution is a fact.
2. Not really.  We don't know what caused BB.
3. Not really.  We don't know how or why BB started.

If you think God interacts with this world you should be able to come up with a scientific test to test if the God exist.

What is your test?

Mostly the only example we have of BB is a lab experiment where some scientists made a mini BB. Other than that, BB is just an educated guess. It might be possible for it to exist, but there isn't enough info included it its description to suggest that it would have anything to do with the universe as the universe exists.

The fact that prayers of many people are answered shows that God interacts with the world. Bible prophesy being fulfilled is another example.

The idea of atheism is a cute religion. But ultimately all false religions like atheism will make trouble for the people that hold to them.

Cool

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:53:50 AM

Hate is such a strong world. From hearing their point of view they just think religion is BS, made up, fantasy. So they don't really consider it.

What about my point that there's two types of atheists, one believes in God and is fighting his judgment, is hate a strong enough word? The second type is just a useful idiot, a bigot.
Guy Montag

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:08:58 AM

Atheists dont hate religion.
Asshole atheists hate religion.
Not all atheists are assholes.
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: