Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646885 times)
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:24:16 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 03:55:55 AM by Hyperme.sh

@OROBTC, another very rarely strong hurricane (Irma) in Gulf of Mexico just after Harvey dumped a 1000 year rare amount of rain on Houston.

I did some research on the prior Maunder Minimum and apparently rainfall and storms became much more severe north of Venezuela. So expect storm season to become worse in the Carribbean, Florida, Texas, and Puerto Rico.

In other places, drought worsened. Note how Puerto Rico has been experiencing drought in the winter and then praying for more rain in the summer.

Meanwhile according to MA, the real reason banks are too big to fail nor jail, is because they have to pay off the judges who then allow the banks to do what ever they want as long as the judges get paid.

Hey but getting raped by bankers is more pleasant than being the step-brother of Kim Jong-un.
Risk Mgmt

Activity: 158
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:45:14 PM

If I understand correctly from MA's past posts  -- the USD$ should start to rise - which would be the cause of its decline
 ....its been very weak and getting weaker.

?
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:50:24 AM

@OROBTC, another very rarely strong hurricane (Irma) in Gulf of Mexico just after Harvey dumped a 1000 year rare amount of rain on Houston.

I did some research on the prior Maunder Minimum and apparently rainfall and storms became much more severe north of Venezuela. So expect storm season to become worse in the Carribbean, Florida, Texas, and Puerto Rico.

In other places, drought worsened. Note how Puerto Rico has been experiencing drought in the winter and then praying for more rain in the summer.

Meanwhile according to MA, the real reason banks are too big to fail nor jail, is because they have to pay off the judges who then allow the banks to do what ever they want as long as the judges get paid.

Hey but getting raped by bankers is more pleasant than being the step-brother of Kim Jong-un.

We just fled to Orlando to avoid Irma, we *should be* OK.  I hope.

We will have to see if storms get worse.  It's been many years since a Cat 4 or 5 has hit Florida.  Andrew was the last one (1992).  FL has been lucky in recent years.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:06:47 AM

If I understand correctly from MA's past posts  -- the USD$ should start to rise - which would be the cause of its decline

?

And then there was the whole claim of gold going below $1000 when average cost of production is $1050 or so, but demand for every single thing mined is taken by two countries alone (China + India).  Then you have silver being in deficit for mining supply vs investment and industrial demand for a while now.

The silver deficit was being filled by existing above ground stores from previous events such as demonetization.  Some people who have attempted to run the numbers believe that will no longer be sustainable by 2018.  It's much more difficult to replace silver with paper derivatives than it is for gold.  Gold on the other hand has cost insensitive buyers in the form of nation states, so it's difficult to know which will break free first.

In other news, hilarious commentary on Haiti and the inability of Africans to build functioning civilizations:

https://www.facebook.com/BlackPeoplesFreedomHaiti1804/?hc_ref=ARQMlo44rcyk_1USysNl3LsI4Pthqe9yv7NfT8KsGoh48jBEiylBCo1ZzUa1eCAx3c4&fref=nf
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:50:00 AM

If I understand correctly from MA's past posts  -- the USD$ should start to rise - which would be the cause of its decline

?
Do opposite you will be fine
Patriot12

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:55:31 PM

tabnloz

Thank you for mentioning Armstrong's latest piece on Bitcoin.  I think that Armstrong might be wrong here, as we have seen the .govs of the world (so far anyway) unable to catch the WannaCry hackers.  Meaning that BTC may catch on a little faster than he wrote.

That BTC can cross boundaries so easily is a HUGE matter.

At least Armstrong acknowledges the value of the tech.
Most older folks I have spoken with seem unable to grasp the paradigm.

Classic example is Peter Schiff who insists bitcoin is a bubble hence he implies it is worthless.
https://news.bitcoin.com/peter-schiff-bitcoin-digital-fools-gold/

Of course bitcoin is a bubble. The relevant question is what kind of bubble is it. Specifically is it or can it become the sustainable bubble that we call money.

I took advantage of the dip this weekend buy some BTC. I am now at 95% of my goal holdings.

In for a penny in for a pound.

The same guy that was against Bitcoin is now into Bitgold. Priceless  Grin

I wish I had more money I could pour into cryptocurrencies right now, but I bought what I could afford in ETH about a week ago. I'm down now, but I'm in it for the long haul so I'm not going to panic.

While I agree with Schiff that crypto's don't have intrinsic value, I don't believe it really matters in in this case. As long as people see value in something (even if it's just digital) and people are willing to trade goods and services using it, then it does, in fact, have value. The government (any government) doesn't want to cede power to the people they desire to control so they want to control the money. It's funny that SchiffGold actually makes this point on their site (The Fed as the enemy of Gold and Bitcoin vs fiat currency - https://schiffgold.com/buy/buying-gold-silver-bitcoin/), but yet Peter Schiff talks down about a payment system (Bitcoin) that actually makes his company money.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:51:58 PM

?

What do you mean by do the opposite?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:22:11 AM

?

What do you mean by do the opposite?
Trade against the herd and you generally wont lose.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:07:29 AM

If we're going that route, everyone should immediately dump all craptocurrency since Wall Street says it's the "most crowded trade" and put all profits into silver since nobody is talking about metals and silver is a leveraged play on gold.  But something tells me you don't actually follow your own advice.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:39:38 AM

If we're going that route, everyone should immediately dump all craptocurrency since Wall Street says it's the "most crowded trade" and put all profits into silver since nobody is talking about metals and silver is a leveraged play on gold.  But something tells me you don't actually follow your own advice.
You watch too much tv. If wallstreet says that then do the opposite. Its the least crowded trade. Medical mairjuana is more crowded than bitcoin and even that is sexy for VCs right now. Something tells me you dont have the iq to understand cause otherewise you wouldnt have sold bitcoin at $650 for gold which is underwater when you could have been 6x richer. Dont even talk nonsense like.you didnt sell because you will be insulting all of our readers intelligence by doing so. Your an easy read man sorry but thats the truth.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:52:01 PM

If we're going that route, everyone should immediately dump all craptocurrency since Wall Street says it's the "most crowded trade" and put all profits into silver since nobody is talking about metals and silver is a leveraged play on gold.  But something tells me you don't actually follow your own advice.
You watch too much tv. If wallstreet says that then do the opposite. Its the least crowded trade. Medical mairjuana is more crowded than bitcoin and even that is sexy for VCs right now. Something tells me you dont have the iq to understand cause otherewise you wouldnt have sold bitcoin at $650 for gold which is underwater when you could have been 6x richer. Dont even talk nonsense like.you didnt sell because you will be insulting all of our readers intelligence by doing so. Your an easy read man sorry but thats the truth.

Lol, can tell my 100% true comment infuriates you when you start trying to fabricate lies again to make yourself feel better.  You know zero about how much fiat, metals, or bitcoin I have, so you can stop trying to pretend you do.  Almost every single thing out of your mouth is a lie. 

I even posted an invoice buying $2k per week in silver and paying with bitcoin when bitcoin was like $3000 and silver $15.70, yet you still repeat your cut and paste lies over and over.  Remember when you claimed 5000 times along with govt shill Armstrong that gold was going to $400?  HAHA.  It's cost of production is over $1k but it's magically going to zero!

Gold needs to correct to $2200 just to get back in unison with it's 92% correlation with US debt charts.  Silver will likely rise to $73 or so when it does.  The next numbers to look for after that are $3k gold $110ish silver when some financial panic starts, then $5k gold $166 silver. 
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 04:17:47 PM by sidhujag

Lol, can tell my 100% true comment infuriates you when you start trying to fabricate lies again to make yourself feel better.  You know zero about how much fiat, metals, or bitcoin I have, so you can stop trying to pretend you do.  Almost every single thing out of your mouth is a lie.  

I even posted an invoice buying $2k per week in silver and paying with bitcoin when bitcoin was like $3000 and silver $15.70, yet you still repeat your cut and paste lies over and over.  Remember when you claimed 5000 times along with govt shill Armstrong that gold was going to $400?  HAHA.  It's cost of production is over $1k but it's magically going to zero!

Gold needs to correct to $2200 just to get back in unison with it's 92% correlation with US debt charts.  Silver will likely rise to $73 or so when it does.  The next numbers to look for after that are $3k gold $110ish silver when some financial panic starts, then $5k gold $166 silver.  
Majority you sold at $600 dont even try to lie about that. Even if gold goes to 2200 its still a stupid decision to do so compared to bitcoin because liquidity is sufficient for 99 percent of the population.  Silver wont be hittinf $73 too much dumb money in it guys like you are trying to pump something the big boys are net short on. Good luck! You do not seem to understand that the pm market is fake especially the average joe small marketcap of silver.

Yes and that was when bitcoin was below $1k.. compared to bitcoin it has gone next to zero. Your opportunity cost has affected you again because you cannot comprehend how money works.

Your pyramid scheme needs revision haha

The day you (or your offspring) switch back to bitcoin because you finally realize is the day ill(or my children) be distributing back to you.

Ive said many times to those that know me that this is the big one for crypto. We are just beginning. Good times.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:22:18 AM

Majority you sold at $600 dont even try to lie about that.

God you are a fucking idiot.  I bought and "sold" like 100 different trades during the halving.  I've done another million trades since.  My only use of bitcoin is to jump in and momentum trade it, extract money, then use the money to purchase non-scam assets (aka assets that aren't bitcoins).

What happened to your claims that gold was going to $400 then $0? LOL.  Now we have Mnuchin going to fort knox to do press releases about the "gold" there.  We all know it's getting close to gold revaluation time when stuff like that happens.  There's going to be no $400 gold, there's going to be $5-10k gold revaluation and even higher percentage gains in silver.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:44:28 AM

Majority you sold at $600 dont even try to lie about that.

God you are a fucking idiot.  I bought and "sold" like 100 different trades during the halving.  I've done another million trades since.  My only use of bitcoin is to jump in and momentum trade it, extract money, then use the money to purchase non-scam assets (aka assets that aren't bitcoins).

What happened to your claims that gold was going to $400 then $0? LOL.  Now we have Mnuchin going to fort knox to do press releases about the "gold" there.  We all know it's getting close to gold revaluation time when stuff like that happens.  There's going to be no $400 gold, there's going to be $5-10k gold revaluation and even higher percentage gains in silver.

Yea and your non "scam" assets meanwhile are underwater while you missed an important early 10x bump up in top marketcap coins that you missed out on.

Gold going to $400 was a better statistical play than bitcoin going to $7000 you fool this is what you dont seem to get. The chances of gold going 10x at the time I said that over bitcoin was statistically insignificant because of golds larger marketcap. Man your a total fucking investment noob arent you. The fact that bitcoin is a better form of money than gold just reenforces the fundamentals of the play. Anyways happy to take your money "gold bug".

Digging your own grave. Quit while you can. Doesnt goldseek.com have a forum you can spend your time on?
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:48:35 AM

And if y'all think China isn't becoming extremely important and powerful:

CoinCube, I want you to watch this and pay attention closely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kwF1MXavYs

Duterte warned George Soros that there is a bounty on his head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aoStEmNR0Y

Btw gold peaked at $1362 again as Armstrong predicted:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/north-korea/north-korea-the-crazy-boast-nobody-takes-seriously-anymore/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/private-blog-gold-1362-50/
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/foreign-exchange/usd/am-i-certain-about-the-strong-dollar/

China opened a bond market and is starting the decades process of creating a reserve currency:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/foreign-exchange/usd/reality-of-the-dollar/
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:43:47 AM

Great point gold selling off even during missle tests to me means its showmanship by korea. The real money however is buying up bitcoin instead. As we have had strength during the ordeal. Not sold on usd strength i think its the typical armstrong forcing his own world view because he doesnt account for missing variables such as bitcoin. For example he does not understand that we are not in a malthusian event and thus money will move away from oil and commodities which used to be safe havens into other instruments. Since oil and commodities used to be priced in USD this created USD as world reserve. Now with things like bitcoin coming to play we have an out for these people instead of USD.. so we may see it escalating quickly thru crypto marketcaps  exploding as safe havens.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:45:55 PM

Zero Hedge had an interesting article on how China's recent crackdown has NOT hurt BTC price, au contraire:

$4080 last I looked.

Japan and S Korea are becoming more important.

Hmm, I need to check to see if there is a thread on the EQUIFAX scandal and BTC...
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:52:59 PM

If a country want to become a little less dependent on the US Dollar block and facilitate trade in general, a loose approach of cryptocurrencies would be a good policy. We can see which countries are acting wisely.

I am still wondering what China want to achieve with their bans. It is a pointless move unless they change China into a second North Korea; completely shut off from the rest of the world.

allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:27:59 PM

If a country want to become a little less dependent on the US Dollar block and facilitate trade in general, a loose approach of cryptocurrencies would be a good policy. We can see which countries are acting wisely.

I am still wondering what China want to achieve with their bans. It is a pointless move unless they change China into a second North Korea; completely shut off from the rest of the world.
and you did not think that this is another opportunity to buy Bitcoin at a low price and it is possible that this collapse is made artificially, so that the government Bitcoin took part in the purchase of Bitcoin at its discretion. We know how China's economy went up and how this country developed, so I do not think that they would miss this chance.
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:21:16 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 08:10:24 AM by Hyperme.sh

You guys might be interested in a discussion @CoinCube and I are having about the importance of decentralized ledgers and my claim that transparency of subjective trust (as opposed to transparency of objectivity) is not the important factor.

Remember I wrote a Steemit blog which predicted this ICO crackdown 2 days before it happened (and I was warning about the Etheruem ICO bubble for many months and had started a thread about securities regulation in early 2016).

I think y'all are mistaken if you think China's ban is the only country which will enforce securities regulation. All ICOs are securities.

CryptoCurrency and Blockchain are here to stay!! Perhaps a lot of the ICO's and Coins are going to fail at some point!

This is what a lot of people are getting at. The herd needs to be thinned. Blockchain is a great technology.

First China bans ICOs. We're in a reprieve or deadcat bounce until the SEC, the UK or some other major country (Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Russia or South Korea?) bans or threatens enforcement against ICOs.

It's either coming or nations will have abandoned their regulatory power over fundraising...

I don't have any opinion on whether BTC is still going to exceed $5000 before the coming doom. Perhaps China will come out with regulations for ICOs making them legal but forcing them to trade only on regulated exchanges, and that might rocket up the market again. And then the market could get knocked down again if/when another major country adds regulation enforcement for ICOs. I lean towards eventually regulation is going to be enforced against ICOs in several major nations (if not all of the G20), which will make the ICO issued tokens illegal to trade, spend, and use (except on regulated exchanges for tokens registered with the authorities in each of those nations). This is why I'm contemplating another way to do fundraising that doesn't encumber the tokens with this future regulatory risk.

P.S. I don't think China's ban of BTC-fiat exchanges is permanent. I believe they will just tighten capital controls such that it's impossible to move fiat on to the exchange, buy BTC, and take the BTC out of the exchange over some threshold per individual per period of time. But even that is sort of pointless, as they would need to also regulate mining to prevent people from buying BTC with fiat. W.r.t to tokens which were not ICO issued, China mainly needs to control capital flight.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: