Bitcoin Forum
October 15, 2019, 10:33:52 AM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 615343 times)
MA_talk

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 06:45:58 PM

I think if and whenever Socrates "Trader version" goes live we will see the combo of timing with the reversals. Maybe socrates could write a report on the timing of that? haha. A true buy and sell indicator if in when it goes live. As you know emotions are what kill traders. Following an AI computer will do much better than most and should outperform the indexes easily. I have traded for myself for almost 30 years. Armstrong is one of many people I read and follow. Some excellent calls and some other were bumped down the road.

p.s. I believe a silver benchmark is on 2019-01-07. I have it marked on my calendar. Here is a chart of the last few benchmarks in silver.

https://ibb.co/Yffkk7W

The silver/gold benchmark is 14/16 weeks.  Don't remember which one is 14 or 16 weeks.  I studied the benchmarks going back for decades, and there is nothing to it, except that 14 & 16 weeks are rather SHORT cycles, and give you LOTS of points to be plotted.  Combining with the "art" of picking the points that actually are top/bottom, and ignoring the points that are totally meaningless, VIOLA!  It's just a perfect indicator for gold/silver.  Every single mindless indicator will work, if you simply pick the points that work, and ignore the points that don't work.  And Armstrong also plays the combination of the two indicators, and again, the combo gives you quite a lot of points, because the greater common multiple of 14 & 16 weeks is 112 weeks.  That's about every 2 years.  And again, use the same methodology, pick the points that work, and ignore the points that don't, and it will be perfect too.

Armstrong always explain away when the points from the benchmark or PI or ECM don't work.  He will always say that due to a confluence of things, and other factors, etc, etc, the high/low doesn't appear.

Sure thing.  And he calls that science and technology, and mocks every economist out there for being inside a fish bowl.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psp777

Activity: 73
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:35:00 AM

Well, here are the benchmarks up till today. Interesting to plot them out on a chart to see the turning points.

https://ibb.co/wrgLHrr

bikefront

Activity: 428
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:11:40 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

I think if and whenever Socrates "Trader version" goes live we will see the combo of timing with the reversals. Maybe socrates could write a report on the timing of that? haha. A true buy and sell indicator if in when it goes live. As you know emotions are what kill traders. Following an AI computer will do much better than most and should outperform the indexes easily. I have traded for myself for almost 30 years. Armstrong is one of many people I read and follow. Some excellent calls and some other were bumped down the road.

p.s. I believe a silver benchmark is on 2019-01-07. I have it marked on my calendar. Here is a chart of the last few benchmarks in silver.

https://ibb.co/Yffkk7W

The silver/gold benchmark is 14/16 weeks.  Don't remember which one is 14 or 16 weeks.  I studied the benchmarks going back for decades, and there is nothing to it, except that 14 & 16 weeks are rather SHORT cycles, and give you LOTS of points to be plotted.  Combining with the "art" of picking the points that actually are top/bottom, and ignoring the points that are totally meaningless, VIOLA!  It's just a perfect indicator for gold/silver.  Every single mindless indicator will work, if you simply pick the points that work, and ignore the points that don't work.  And Armstrong also plays the combination of the two indicators, and again, the combo gives you quite a lot of points, because the greater common multiple of 14 & 16 weeks is 112 weeks.  That's about every 2 years.  And again, use the same methodology, pick the points that work, and ignore the points that don't, and it will be perfect too.

Armstrong always explain away when the points from the benchmark or PI or ECM don't work.  He will always say that due to a confluence of things, and other factors, etc, etc, the high/low doesn't appear.

Sure thing.  And he calls that science and technology, and mocks every economist out there for being inside a fish bowl.

Armstrong mentioned short term cycles vs longer ones recently and said to the effect that we should see more lows, just not sure when: January or March ideally. If that is the case, we can see the low this quarter. I do think he has a computer that analyzes cycles and things, but he just doesn't keep public track. I saw one of his old posts where he had a picture of a long list of Reversals in a spreadsheet and how they interacted. It would be good if he posted track records once in a while. He just doesn't seem to say when he's wrong. And if there is some reason why he isn't wrong, he should explain what he did in his own trades that he saw come up that made him change his mind before it actually happened. Not even as a routine, just occasionally to assuage doubts, if he is so accurate. He mentions possibilities of something happening, then claims he called it. It doesn't work that way.

I would suggest for people to learn and put together whatever they have had some success with, and find confluence among those things.
MA_talk

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 05:11:03 PM

His calls for the short-term are mostly "not good", let's just put it that way.

Calling a low in the first quarter 2019, right around the Dec 24th 2018 bottom is simply NOT helpful for ANY traders.  QQQ has risen 10.5% from that bottom in just 2 weeks.  It would have been much more helpful, if he said that a short-term bottom is very near, and buy it and sell the bounce, instead of telling subscribers that the coming low is in Q1.  By that time, few people would go back and check his past claims, but instead look forward again for any "potential" trades that can be made.  And Armstrong will again say market "may" do this, or "may" do that.  If the "may" turns out to be right, he claims it.  If the "may" turns out to be wrong, well, didn't you read the English?  It was "may".  Again, the filtering makes him automatically successful in predictions.

And that's what Armstrong does on a constant basis, "tracking" the market as it goes along.  The problem is always that the only guys that could lose money are the subscribers, and not him ever, since he will always collect the subscription fees.
bikefront

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:21:20 AM

The Reversals based on closing prices short term/ for the same day are okay for most part. Just not posted often. I disagree on the part when you previously mentioned that it is just another closing price based technical system. He mentioned large gaps between Reversals, which can mean the difference between a crash and a slow decline, etc. Long term Reversals for the Yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly timeframe provide longer term forecasting and give general trend direction which is critical for large funs that require time to build a position due to liquidity restraints. I'm sure large fund managers could find it useful because they know how to build a position if given a directional thesis. If it is correct, of course.

Agree with how he claims success when he does not definitively say it will be a certain thing, but then somehow other things become only possibilities when it doesn't turn out that way. He did say we are going lower and not to buy the dip yet. I do think that's rather helpful, IF he is right- big dips like these can make or break an account in the long term, especially for investors. Because we have not made a Q1 low and the markets have gone up so much, that is saying in other words that it is possible to make a lot shorting this bounce.

He simply needs to post more evidence. But again, I did post some of the old calls which were excellent, made more impressive by the fact that they were calling for another correction with the turning point actually being the week of the high. It's just that he doesn't claim a loss when it was just wrong or ambiguous. He could garner so much more credibility by changing the way he does things, but he just doesn't. I certainly think there is something to his methods, but it is variable and ambiguous enough to warrant caution. Again though, I do believe fund managers can take benefit from his views even if they don't use his calls outright. I know a lot of very intelligent traders who lost money on gold because they were bullish when Armstrong said it was technically very weak and should see large downside. He also seems this gold bounce is just that, a bounce, and should go down depending on some Reversal numbers I hadn't checked up on.
bikefront

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:45:55 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

We can see that after we achieved the low on the 26th, the next week was the Directional Change and that should have given us a bounce, but not a change in trend, The next Directional Change was due the week if 01/21 so consolidation until then is possible. We have another Panic Cycle the week of 01/28.

The top line has now moved to agree with the Directional Change the week of 01/21. The volatility models are also picking up now for the week of 01/28 and this is followed by back-to-back Directional Changes in early Feb. Keep in mind that the major thrust in a correction is ALWAYS in the initial stage. Therefore, which we can still see a lower low, it is unlikely to be a major thrust down a second time.
The bounce after the first 1929 Panic low lasted 22 weeks. The Weekly Bullish Reversal stood at 329 but the rally only reached 29720. However, the Breakline was retested and exceeded slightly intraday but not on a closing basis.
Here the Breakline from the first high in 2018 rested at 22430.17. The market penetrated it intraday but could not close below it. This technical pattern also tends to confirm we do not have a major change in trend for here the market is testing the Breakline from above compared to below in a bounce following the 1929 Crash. Here the first Weekly Bullish stands at 25005.

January was also a Directional Change on the monthly level also confirming a bounce with the next two targets being March and May. We still could make a January low later in the month and then rally into March. So look at the week of 01/28.  If the market continues to consolidate into March, then this type or pattern would imply perhaps the final low in May with the reversal in trend at that time. This would also line up with the EU election cycle. The low on the 26th was 21712 and our primary target remains 21600, which is the Monthly Bearish we stated we should test at the WEC. Therefore, a rally even up to 25000 which fails to elect any Weekly Bullish, could still be followed by a lower low, but one that then holds the 21600 level on a closing basis.

Don't for get we have BREXIT in March and the the EU elections in May. The model is picking up both periods suggesting they may indeed be influential.

Where are we WRONG on the scope? That seems to be a Weekly closing above 25005
bikefront

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:30:38 AM

Some people seem to be confused. What I am saying is the Directional Change on the Weekly level implies the low for the 26th and that cannot be a low without a bounce. January is also a Monthly Directional Change. Therefore, we have the distinct potential to just consolidate and hold off any new low until May. To do that would REQUIRE a closing above the Daily Reversals.
Now, the next turning point is the week of 01/21 and notice the Panic Cycle due the week of 01/28. That means, if we rally into the week of 01/21 and we CANNOT achieve a Weekly Closing Above 25005, then we must respect the fact that we could still make a January low the week of 01/28 completing a 3 month reaction from the October high. A 5 month decline would bring us into March. The first Daily Bullish Reversal stand at The Daily Bullish Reversals are 24058 and 24089. followed by 25100. Therefore, we can take out the first two and then bounce off the 25000 zone since that is where the Weekly begins and the third Daily Bullish.
There is no indication that we are in a major bear market. Nor are we ready to breakout to the upside just yet.
MA_talk

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:16:24 PM

Some people seem to be confused. What I am saying is the Directional Change on the Weekly level implies the low for the 26th and that cannot be a low without a bounce. January is also a Monthly Directional Change. Therefore, we have the distinct potential to just consolidate and hold off any new low until May. To do that would REQUIRE a closing above the Daily Reversals.
Now, the next turning point is the week of 01/21 and notice the Panic Cycle due the week of 01/28. That means, if we rally into the week of 01/21 and we CANNOT achieve a Weekly Closing Above 25005, then we must respect the fact that we could still make a January low the week of 01/28 completing a 3 month reaction from the October high. A 5 month decline would bring us into March. The first Daily Bullish Reversal stand at The Daily Bullish Reversals are 24058 and 24089. followed by 25100. Therefore, we can take out the first two and then bounce off the 25000 zone since that is where the Weekly begins and the third Daily Bullish.
There is no indication that we are in a major bear market. Nor are we ready to breakout to the upside just yet.

bikefront, is that the raw text from Armstrong?

You can ALWAYS be right when you LOOK BACK, because nobody will refer to something that was just wrong.  And based on all the text from Armstrong, can anyone feel extremely certain about Armstrong's FORECAST??  What EXACTLY is he saying?  How about just make it simple?  Is it going to be UP or DOWN in March or in May, versus today's price???  That's all anyone wants to know.

And he canNOT even tell you that or he does not want to tell you that?  So he is a great forecaster, with forecasts that don't tell me in certain words that market will be UP or DOWN, although there are directional changes here and there, etc.  All confusing terms, but non-profitable information.

MA_talk

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:25:21 PM

Armstrong can write a thousand pages, but there is only one thing that matters: buy low and sell high, to make a profit.

If there is no looking-forward tradable information that is consistently profitable, then it is useless.

That's why I only subscribe to services that tell me clearly when to buy and when to sell.  You can spit out several terabytes of text from AI computer, but it won't help me a bit, if the trade is not profitable.  98% of the time, when the newsletters don't tell you exactly that, is because they can't make profitable trades either.
bikefront

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:03:29 AM

Yes, the last 2 posts were the complete raw text.

I don't think it'd be fair to give outright calls because it simply isn't possible. On the other hand, Armstrong is giving several scenarios here depending on which one unfolds. If the market points towards scenario A, then that call is followed. He is also giving specifics; eg weekly close for those stated time periods above 20005 is where it would be wrong. Note also the volatility call for the week of the 28th- one could blindly buy weekly strangles if volatility does indeed pick up as he says (we can note down weekly Expected Moves on Friday's close and purchase a strangle based on that and see max profit afterwards). And if it were to rally but not break the 25000 area on the week of the 21st, then it should also be a short, with 21600 as the exit area.

I actually don't even use Armstrong's calls to trade anymore, as I have an excellent daytrading system in place now. Even so, I have seen the ask-socrates numbers in generated reports work many times and Armstong doesn't even post those correct calls that the computer makes all by itself. (And yes, I am sure it is a computer, as I have access to several markets and each day shows a new one.) Armstrong mentioned before that this is not a system where it automatically gives buy/sell spoonfeds (not that there is anything wrong with buy/sell signals if you're paying).

So based on his information, we can made a few tangible potential trades:

-Open a short on week of the 21st turning point if the market rallies to the 25000 area but close if it closes above the 25005/Daily Bullish 25100
-Open a short or a strangle on the week of the 28th but not open long positions
-Open a long if the second Daily Bullish is elected if it is not by too much (in case most of the move is gone) and hopefully short
MA_talk

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:27:30 PM

Imagine that someone like Armstrong is working at Wallstreet, and has designed a super-AI system for stock forecast.  The AI computer spits out a thousand pages and give all kinds of if-then-else scenario.  Then at the end of the days, the boss uses Ask-Socrates service, and ask the AI computer: "So, shall I buy or sell today, and how much?"  And Socrates replied, "well, depends on the timeframe."  Then, the boss replied, "fine, just make me money within 3 months.  I want to buy or sell/short something today, and in 3 months, I want to make money. "  And then the AI computer replied with another thousand if-then-else scenarios, and still cannot answer whether the boss should buy or sell today.

That's what Armstrong is doing.  Just come up with the damn buy/sell call and MAKE SOME ACTUAL TRADES!!  His AI computer is smart as he has claimed, and "should be able" to answer this damn simple question based on all of his claims.

But NO.

You know, if I pay someone to do thousands of page of analysis, I don't want that person to tell me that "Oh, it's up to you, whether you think you should buy or sell today, depending on your timeframe."  I want the damn guy to TELL ME.  What good does it do, if I cannot come to a very clear buy/sell decision after reading thousands of pages of report and indicators.  Just tell me and show me.  ANY computer algorithms at the end of the days, MUST execute buy/sell to attempt to get profits from trading.  Apparently, Socrates is too smart to make it appear to stupid in any possible ways.
MA_talk

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:30:00 PM

By the way, and I don't want some answer that the stock market will rise towards 2032, which is 13 years away.

That is just way too far enough, that I know for sure, inflation of 13 years is sufficient to bring up the stock market prices.

The statement has a monetary/trading value of close to zero.
Alex-11

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 11:05:48 PM

Just come up with the damn buy/sell call and MAKE SOME ACTUAL TRADES!!  

The damn buy and sell signal are already there in SOC standard today   Smiley  See my previous post.  They are available on the monthly level  and even on the weekly level. You still have to know how to trade them and you can't expect high profits in a short period of time.  But they seem to work well, according to MA's Gold charts
bikefront

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 11:41:30 PM

Well, then I guess we will simply have to agree to disagree. I just don't see how it is possible to make a call set in stone unless certain conditions are met. Armstrong explained the conditions required for those calls to happen; he's giving the scenarios that can play out. In chess, why play certain moves blindly? Moves can only be made after the opponent moves according to certain criteria.

Armstrong's service was never meant to be a market salesman thing, it reads more like a socioeconomic play unfolding around the market as the centerpiece. This is why he adds mother information but it is all there to make the trade. I don't know if the market will reach a certain point by a certain time, but I do know that if it does, then the market will continue this scenario I envisioned. That is how I trade. Socrates seems to be doing a much more advanced version of this. Armstrong has also posted daily calls. You say that most of the move is gone but he has also posted times when the Reversals are spread far- this is how he called the October crash and even said it was likely that we would correct then, as I posted his September calls.
trc4949

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 12:54:53 PM

Anyone here going to this?

Martin Armstrong’s computer model predicted the high in the NASDAQ in August, the peak in the S&P 500 in September and forecast the high in the Dow Jones in the first week of October.

The model then warned of a panic cycle in late November, which coincided with a critical turning point. The market proceeded to drop 3,000 points plus. The model called for the low on December 26th (a remarkable call) and the subsequent market rally.

None of this is a surprise to people familiar with the Armstrong Computer Model. Many remember the model also predicted the Trump Presidential win and the Brexit vote. It correctly predicted the high in Bitcoin in December 2017. In January 2013 at our World Outlook Financial Conference, Martin told us the Russians would invade Ukraine the next month after the Olympics were over.

I’ve been following Marty’s model since 1983 and in that time it has accurately predicted so many major events - from the date of the fall of the Berlin Wall to the top of the Nikkei Index in 1989.

The Trade Of A Lifetime

Given that track record, how can’t we be interested in what Marty calls the coming “Trade of a Lifetime”?

Regular attendees of the World Outlook Financial Conference heard Marty’s forecast in 2013 that the Dow Jones was on its way to 18,000. His model forecast that it would break that barrier and move up to 23,700.  The Armstrong model told us the Trump victory would propel the market to the next leg up to over 25,000. From there it predicted the tops I mentioned in August, September and early October.

Now What

Are the recent declines the model anticipated the beginning of a new bear market or just a correction in the ongoing major uptrend? The Armstrong Model is now predicting a panic cycle in the last week of January – what does it mean? As Marty says, Panic Cycles are notorious for trapping people on the wrong side of the market, so obviously it’s essential to be on the right side in order to protect yourself and profit from what’s coming.

Marty will answer these questions when he joins me on Friday evening, Feb. 1st and Saturday afternoon, Feb 2nd  at the World Outlook Financial Conference in Vancouver at the Westin Bayshore Conference Centre.  I’ll get the specific numbers he’s watching that would trigger a dramatic change in trend – and necessitate taking direct action.

I’ll also ask him about what he calls the “Trade of a Lifetime” and how we can position ourselves to take advantage of, what he says, will be a lifetime opportunity to make money.

Marty’s Summation

Marty warned 2018 would be the beginning of the Monetary Crisis that would impact every market. Certainly if you had taken his advice in 2012 and converted your Canadian dollars for US greenbacks you’d be way ahead but we are no where near the end of that trend.

Volatility is the norm – massive movements like we’ve witnessed this past year in stocks, currencies, bonds, real estate are just the beginning. There’s much more to come – which is why I am so pleased to present someone I consider the foremost economic and financial forecaster in the world.

One More Question:  Why Does He Do It?

Armstrong Economics is in demand throughout the world. They advise on literally trillions of dollars worth of investments. The Wall Street Journal called him the highest paid financial advisor in the world.  So why does he find the time for us no matter where he is around the globe?

Simply put, there are two reasons. First off, we’ve been good friends for over 35 years and he has always been generous with his time and support. And secondly, he has a major commitment to helping individuals, (especially our children who are inheriting this financial mess), navigate through these increasingly volatile and chaotic times.

I hope you to take advantage of the opportunity to attend this event. I'll see you there.

Sincerely,

Mike

PS Getting the chance to hear Marty is one of the best reasons to bring a younger person to the conference. It will be an amazing eye opener that he or she won’t get at university or in the mainstream media. That’s why we have a special offer - if you buy a ticket – you can bring a student absolutely free.   The only thing is that we ask you to let us know that you want a student ticket when you purchase your ticket. We have only 23 of these tickets left so please don’t wait.

PPS
Date: The World Outlook – Friday, February 1st and Saturday, February 2nd
Place: The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, B.C.
Tickets: - Go to www.moneytalks.net

Can't Attend in Person? As always we will offer the entire Conference in HD Video. The online streaming archive offers unlimited viewing, on your schedule, uploaded within 48 hours of the events' conclusion.

Note: I happen to know that Armstrong does not think we are going into a bear market and still thinks the Dow is going to 40 eventually, therefore the late Jan. panic cycle should be a buying opportunity for the Dow, Sp500 etc.. As for the 'trade of a lifetime', shorting bonds maybe? - Russ
MA_talk

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:12:17 PM

Anyone here going to this?

Martin Armstrong’s computer model predicted the high in the NASDAQ in August, the peak in the S&P 500 in September and forecast the high in the Dow Jones in the first week of October.

The model then warned of a panic cycle in late November, which coincided with a critical turning point. The market proceeded to drop 3,000 points plus. The model called for the low on December 26th (a remarkable call) and the subsequent market rally.

None of this is a surprise to people familiar with the Armstrong Computer Model. Many remember the model also predicted the Trump Presidential win and the Brexit vote. It correctly predicted the high in Bitcoin in December 2017. In January 2013 at our World Outlook Financial Conference, Martin told us the Russians would invade Ukraine the next month after the Olympics were over.

I’ve been following Marty’s model since 1983 and in that time it has accurately predicted so many major events - from the date of the fall of the Berlin Wall to the top of the Nikkei Index in 1989.

The Trade Of A Lifetime

Given that track record, how can’t we be interested in what Marty calls the coming “Trade of a Lifetime”?

Regular attendees of the World Outlook Financial Conference heard Marty’s forecast in 2013 that the Dow Jones was on its way to 18,000. His model forecast that it would break that barrier and move up to 23,700.  The Armstrong model told us the Trump victory would propel the market to the next leg up to over 25,000. From there it predicted the tops I mentioned in August, September and early October.

Now What

Are the recent declines the model anticipated the beginning of a new bear market or just a correction in the ongoing major uptrend? The Armstrong Model is now predicting a panic cycle in the last week of January – what does it mean? As Marty says, Panic Cycles are notorious for trapping people on the wrong side of the market, so obviously it’s essential to be on the right side in order to protect yourself and profit from what’s coming.

Marty will answer these questions when he joins me on Friday evening, Feb. 1st and Saturday afternoon, Feb 2nd  at the World Outlook Financial Conference in Vancouver at the Westin Bayshore Conference Centre.  I’ll get the specific numbers he’s watching that would trigger a dramatic change in trend – and necessitate taking direct action.

I’ll also ask him about what he calls the “Trade of a Lifetime” and how we can position ourselves to take advantage of, what he says, will be a lifetime opportunity to make money.

Marty’s Summation

Marty warned 2018 would be the beginning of the Monetary Crisis that would impact every market. Certainly if you had taken his advice in 2012 and converted your Canadian dollars for US greenbacks you’d be way ahead but we are no where near the end of that trend.

Volatility is the norm – massive movements like we’ve witnessed this past year in stocks, currencies, bonds, real estate are just the beginning. There’s much more to come – which is why I am so pleased to present someone I consider the foremost economic and financial forecaster in the world.

One More Question:  Why Does He Do It?

Armstrong Economics is in demand throughout the world. They advise on literally trillions of dollars worth of investments. The Wall Street Journal called him the highest paid financial advisor in the world.  So why does he find the time for us no matter where he is around the globe?

Simply put, there are two reasons. First off, we’ve been good friends for over 35 years and he has always been generous with his time and support. And secondly, he has a major commitment to helping individuals, (especially our children who are inheriting this financial mess), navigate through these increasingly volatile and chaotic times.

I hope you to take advantage of the opportunity to attend this event. I'll see you there.

Sincerely,

Mike

PS Getting the chance to hear Marty is one of the best reasons to bring a younger person to the conference. It will be an amazing eye opener that he or she won’t get at university or in the mainstream media. That’s why we have a special offer - if you buy a ticket – you can bring a student absolutely free.   The only thing is that we ask you to let us know that you want a student ticket when you purchase your ticket. We have only 23 of these tickets left so please don’t wait.

PPS
Date: The World Outlook – Friday, February 1st and Saturday, February 2nd
Place: The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, B.C.
Tickets: - Go to www.moneytalks.net

Can't Attend in Person? As always we will offer the entire Conference in HD Video. The online streaming archive offers unlimited viewing, on your schedule, uploaded within 48 hours of the events' conclusion.

Note: I happen to know that Armstrong does not think we are going into a bear market and still thinks the Dow is going to 40 eventually, therefore the late Jan. panic cycle should be a buying opportunity for the Dow, Sp500 etc.. As for the 'trade of a lifetime', shorting bonds maybe? - Russ

It's hard to read without knowing whose voice that was.  There were you, Mike, Russ, Armstrong.  Hard to tell who is saying what.

I have heard the "Trade of a Lifetime" so many times on different things, that I finally figured out that it is simply a sales pitch.

MA_talk

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 07:18:49 PM

Well, then I guess we will simply have to agree to disagree. I just don't see how it is possible to make a call set in stone unless certain conditions are met. Armstrong explained the conditions required for those calls to happen; he's giving the scenarios that can play out. In chess, why play certain moves blindly? Moves can only be made after the opponent moves according to certain criteria.

Armstrong's service was never meant to be a market salesman thing, it reads more like a socioeconomic play unfolding around the market as the centerpiece. This is why he adds mother information but it is all there to make the trade. I don't know if the market will reach a certain point by a certain time, but I do know that if it does, then the market will continue this scenario I envisioned. That is how I trade. Socrates seems to be doing a much more advanced version of this. Armstrong has also posted daily calls. You say that most of the move is gone but he has also posted times when the Reversals are spread far- this is how he called the October crash and even said it was likely that we would correct then, as I posted his September calls.

Sure, we can agree to disagree.  I think the best way to verify Armstrong's claim is to keep a good record of a fixed trading method based on his blog on reversal/etc.  If you rely on human memory, it will only register significant event, while ignoring all other insignificant/non-profitable events.

And the best way to go about this is to have the system spits out real trades.  ALL algorithms MUST make trades at the end of days.  Talk is empty.  An actual trading record from Socrates or based on Socrates would simply settle all these.  And obviously no looking back.  And again, the reason that I think Armstrong is not keeping such trading record is that he knows that such record just won't do any good for his blog service.  It is far better for him to keep saying markets "may" do this, and "may" do that, etc.  And let subscribers' memory to play the last part of magic.

bikefront

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:09:43 PM

Sure, we can agree to disagree.  I think the best way to verify Armstrong's claim is to keep a good record of a fixed trading method based on his blog on reversal/etc.  If you rely on human memory, it will only register significant event, while ignoring all other insignificant/non-profitable events.

And the best way to go about this is to have the system spits out real trades.  ALL algorithms MUST make trades at the end of days.  Talk is empty.  An actual trading record from Socrates or based on Socrates would simply settle all these.  And obviously no looking back.  And again, the reason that I think Armstrong is not keeping such trading record is that he knows that such record just won't do any good for his blog service.  It is far better for him to keep saying markets "may" do this, and "may" do that, etc.  And let subscribers' memory to play the last part of magic.

There is this post:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/the-coming-launch-of-socrates/
If/when it comes out, users will be able to test Socrates live in real trading. Very interesting, awaiting in breathless anticipation.
Thekees

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:38:19 PM

Same, they are taking there bloody time. I think it was supposed to come out over 2 maybe 3 years ago.
bikefront

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:25:32 PM

Looking like Armstrongs call for moving up into the week of the 21st is coming true.
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.