Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:43:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646805 times)
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 01:57:39 PM

I can pick one of the many presented arguments, but can't really refute it because I'm too lazy to back-up anything that I say with sources. I'll just conclude that you are a fool and call it a day.

Ok well... come back when you have something coherent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
over45

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:54:04 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2020, 04:31:58 PM by over45

I can pick one of the many presented arguments, but can't really refute it because I'm too lazy to back-up anything that I say with sources. I'll just conclude that you are a fool and call it a day.

Ok well... come back when you have something coherent.

This is what you bashers do - lie and misstate facts.  You present a quote saying it is mine when I did not say it.  You are worse than the fake news media.  And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.  

I addressed one item that you asked about.  Not my fault you can't handle the truth and read and comprehend language and opinion.  

For those actually paying attention; watch the miraculous ability of bashers to quote things I write even before I write them (see below)...  it is this type of manipulation of text they want you to not notice to justify themselves.

Next...

Traxo

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:57:18 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2020, 03:23:05 PM by Traxo

Think about that for a moment while you eat your snacks...

During my snack time I expose layabouts who are spamming this forum.

Next...

Bye. Cya on the next forum you decide to troll Smiley

over45

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:08:32 PM

Next...

Bye. Cya on the next forum you decide to troll Smiley

You leaving us?  Make sure to take your lunch box with you.

As you are bashing Armstrong - he is gaining subscribers, getting the attention of Trump and members of congress, and selling out books at a record pace.  All before breakfast.  Think about that for a moment while you eat your snacks...

AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 04:28:50 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:49:36 PM by AnonymousCoder

Fraud Warning

Martin Armstrong is publishing misleading content here under his handle over45.

What is he saying this time? Gibberish. Pure brainless mud-slinging by quoting unnamed sources mixed with Armstrong advertising. This is spam. He spammed this thread with over 70 posts without providing a single coherent response. Game over. He is being ridiculed and he does not deserve any respect because he is just wasting other people's time.

He is in high demand.

Hmmm. Perhaps by the ones who want to put him behind bars again? Smiley Wink Grin Smiley Wink Grin

He also recently posted here as m96 and under Gumbi. Gumbi needs a break because he has fallen flat on his face here once again.

His scheme has been exposed many times. The damage is done. Irreversible damage. It's a scam. Game over. There are just too many facts.

You are welcome to check the facts here.

The charlatan has no clothes.

Marty, unfortunately MANY people who bought your reports are very unhappy.

Please refer to the following recent sample case:

Fraudulent Blog Post Revisions

If you want to contact Marty directly, just send a private message here: Contact Martin Armstrong and daughter.

Once again Martin Armstrong is denied the option to use this forum for fraudulent advertising. Yes, fraudulent advertising, false advertising. And we are here to take corrective action with information, just the facts.

Meanwhile, our themes of the day are still "Which Government has asked Martin Armstrong for Advice?", "Socrates Technical Analysis Prediction Magic" and "Economic Advice by Martin Armstrong".

And YOU MARTY (posting as over45 here), you get your standard reminder as promised. You fight facts with spam, you get the warning. You have been warned!

As previously said, Gumbi's and cohorts' posts get replied to in a way that will remind them of the context in which we showed them that Martin Armstrong is a charlatan.

Let him be reminded again that we have a model case where this behavior is documented in much detail. Here we show how Martin Armstrong's fraud manifests itself. Beyond any doubt. A self-documenting case. It actually saves time and effort to repeat this as opposed to wasting the time trying to argue this same type of thing without end.

Whatever smokescreen over45, Gumbi, m96, Alex-11 and cohorts are coming up with now, they get this reply. I know they just want this message to go away but I am not going to do Martin Armstrong the favor.

The pattern is the same again and again: Pick one of the ambiguous conflicting Socrates signals in hindsight to argue the case. For us, there is no need to formulate a custom response to that. We use this standard response that documents the following model case. To show everyone what these charlatans are doing.

I have an obligation to spread the message for the honest people, and as painful as it is for me, I am going to persevere until the Armstrong promoters shut up. So they are warned. The honest people have all the facts on their side.

AnonymousCoder"Quarterly reversal time unit is one quarter. Gold rallied before the quarter was over and no other signal in the opposite direction was available to indicate change of direction.

The time span is 1 to 3 units in time so the quarterly bearish reversal had 1 to 3 quarters before time was up.

Armstrong wrote on his private blog on the first of March our quarterly level of the model generated a bullish reversal at the end of the year reversing its short position and going long. This also signaled that gold would rally from the $1060 area and should test the next bullish reversal at the $1347 level."

Not sure if you are aware or not but you are losing this discussion. Kiss

Here we go. You are providing the proof of my assertion yourself!

Hindsight, Fraud. This hindsight message is fraudulent misrepresentation of performance, pure fraud!
Now here you are saying, and I know you are speaking for Martin Armstrong, that

Martin Armstrong had this information, this bullish signal, the fact that his model went long - at the end of the year - but at the same time failed to tell his clients?

In fact he sent the opposite signal to his clients at the time!

If he knew this at the time when he claimed the system went long, and let's assume for the sake of argument that what you say is true then he could have been trading against his clients because he published this signal only three months later.

You are not worth the respect of a single honest being on earth! You are a fraud!

And yes, I have all the reports. How could I otherwise quote them? I have everything!

More importantly, all other people who lost, they have everything as well.

Here is a detailed time line of the events:

Quarterly Superposition Event in Gold 2015

Martin A. Armstrong: convicted felon, shameless conman, schizophrenic crackpot & financial comedian

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

over45

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 05:36:53 PM

Martin Armstrong is publishing misleading content here under his handle over45.

What is he saying this time? Gibberish. Pure brainless mud-slinging by quoting unnamed sources mixed with Armstrong advertising. This is spam. He spammed this thread with over 70 posts without providing a single coherent response. Game over. He is being ridiculed and he does not deserve any respect because he is just wasting other people's time.

I will let folks here - other than yourself and you're cadre of bashers - decide who is spewing gibberish and who is telling it straight.  Hint:  it isn't you.

My take:  You are young and inexperienced.  You don't know how to understand simple terms of use, and you lost money and your ego is hurt. 

In the time it took for me to write this, Armstrong has gained new clients. 
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 05:53:29 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:49:28 PM by AnonymousCoder

Martin Armstrong
Government Demand Equation

The ...

Martin Armstrong

wants us to believe that he is in high demand.

To stay within the scope of the current events, we stick with the coronavirus petition Bring in the expert Martin Armstrong to stop the destruction of the world economy (target 100,000 signatures).

Signing this does not cost a thing, so everybody with only half a brain who knows how to fill a form can do it.

At this time, the demand is topping out below the 1% mark.

Martin Armstrong however as usual

will tell us later once again that he was in high demand as a government advisor.

That is all it is.

Any questions?

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.
fred9999

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 01:19:21 AM

One of the haters says he agrees with the views of Armstrong.

"Broken clock....besides who doesn't share the same views as his?"
Caymen Jack on March 19
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 07:45:46 AM

... there is no way to predict the future - and that is a feature of the universe - not a bug

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Angus_P

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 02:30:27 PM

I'd like to ask the Pro Armstrongers a few serious questions.

For the rest of you, I know your thoughts about the following so please give Over45, Truth777 and the rest a chance to respond. Thanks

According to various people, Mr Armstrong included, he has a computer named Socrates that can predict market, economy and other changes to the day. If this is so, why at the end of 2015 into Jan./Feb. 2016, did he write at least 3 public blog posts saying that gold would go under $1000.00, while during the time of at least the 3rd one of those blog posts, and after, gold climbed up into June?

Why did he wait until June to say, 'see I told you' and referenced a one sentence item stuffed in among the several paragraphs in the first 'gold under 1000' post, (that may have been there originally, assuming he did not add that at a later time), saying that if gold closed over such and such a number, (which it did at some point), it would be bullish?

If that bullish scenario was in fact coming true, why did he not give his many readers on the public blog, the same ones that he was telling in at least 3 public blog posts that gold was going under 1000, an early heads up and say, 'hey, it's bullish now' , instead of waiting 6 months to point it out after the fact?

These are serious questions and I would like a serious answer if possible please.

Thanks
Angus_P
over45

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 03:44:42 PM

I am not a goldbug, but seem to remember Armstrong saying gold could go down to around $700/oz. at one point.  He posted some charts showing the channel down.  He was one of the only ones saying that gold would stay low for awhile, whereas people like Peter Schiff and others were touting gold $2000, $3000, $5000, etc.   I think gold stayed in a range between $1050 and $1200 for a few years.  I follow silver closely and he has been very good on silver and saved me from buying when it was at $30 and it dropped down to $14. 

Everything is interconnected.  I would bet that a lot of the demand for gold is/was from China and other countries where their currencies are rapidly deteriorating.  Armstrong's channel and prediction was likely based on rising interest rates and historical patterns.  The fate of the Euro for sure had something to do with it.  The govt. can come out tomorrow and fess up to it's fiscal mess and raise interest rates substantially (which is historically what they have done in the end), and gold will drop like a stone.  He put out a gold report and if anyone has it I'd be interested to learn what it says.  I never, ever, ever take one persons view as gospel on something.  Life experience has taught me that.

Of course I am supposed to be Martin Armstrong himself so I should know all this.

Bottom line is that gold did not drop below $1,000 -- yet.  Some are saying it will go to $100,000/oz. and some are saying it will drop to $250/oz.  You decide.  It's in this news this cycle - but as history shows, looses favor for long periods.  War, EMP, Coronavirus, etc..  anything can happen to the price of any commodity or business.   

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 07:46:07 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:49:20 PM by AnonymousCoder

Computerized
Smoke Screen

... about our model case, the "Quarterly Superposition Event in Gold 2015"

Smoke Screen

Martin Armstrong has had 30 years to "computerize" this process with his pathetic Socrates system.

The Socrates system, that according to his claims is free of human bias and never wrong, is supposedly not subject to the above confidence trick.

WRONG!

The Socrates system, by means of its ambiguity and Revision Signals is not different from the charlatan scheme described above.

That is why I have been writing for months about Computerized Fraud, using a perhaps somewhat odd term.

Take the time and read every page of armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com and you will discover that Socrates with its built-in ambiguity will only line the pockets of Martin Armstrong but it will never even be verifiable with regards to its advertised performance.

The simple reason for the above is that it is based on human interpretation in hindsight.

But one thing is guaranteed: It will effectively impoverish its users.

Thanks for reading.

Martin A. Armstrong: convicted felon, shameless conman, schizophrenic crackpot & financial comedian

Angus_P

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:00:27 PM

Thank you Over45 for answering in a clear and concise manner. Seriously.
I'm not a goldbug either and I appreciate your point of view on gold.

However......(I'm not trying to make this a hit piece. Please don't take it that way. I'm looking for answers).

I am using that particular period of time, and those PUBLIC blog posts at that time,  to get to a precise question, one that I sort of made in my previous post.

If Socrates can predict events to the day, why did Mr Armstrong post, at least 3 times in the PUBLIC blog that gold was going to drop under 1000? ......he did not say that gold should drop in the future, he said he was convinced that gold would go under 1000 sometime in the beginning of 2016. It didn't. Why?

Since Socrates is supposedly perfect in predicting events, what did it say at that time frame, end of 2015 to Jan/Feb of 2016, about gold? Did it say it would drop under 1000 as Mr A suggested several times in the PUBLIC blog?
Did Socrates change it's mind at some point? If the computer saw a bullish change in golds trend, (we have to assume the computer saw a bearish trend in gold since Mr A was calling for gold under 1000), why didn't Mr A say so on the PUBLIC blog? He made it very public that in his opinion gold should drop, but he did not publicly change that point of view at any time on his public blog until June, 6 months later. After the fact.
That lack of information about gold and it's trend at that time financially hurt a lot of folks who read the public blog because they...we believed that he was what he said he was, had a machine that does what he says it does, and relied on him to give us the information he got from his, event predicting to the day, machine.
I know he does not post trading ideas on the public blog any longer, but at that time he did.

Maybe these are more rhetorical questions that you cannot answer Over45, but if you can shed any light that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Angus_P
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:19:06 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:49:12 PM by AnonymousCoder

I forgot to say: It's a scam as it always has been.

The game is over. We won. Resistance is futile.

over45

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:27:27 PM

I don't have any answers for you except to say that I clearly remember seeing a chart in one of his posts showing a channel on gold going down to $700.  I don't know why you think Socrates is perfect at calling things - it isn't.  He also emphasizes in his forecasts that time plays a critical role - probably the most important role.  If you had subscribed to Socrates - would it have shown the turn in gold?  I'm guessing yes, but again I don't really follow it.  Maybe someone who subscribed back then can chime in.

So Armstrong is posting his views on gold in his blog which is free.  He gave his rationale behind his calls and you have to decide if he's right or wrong.  He did sell a gold report and that may have said something different.  There is so much going on behind the scenes with the global economy that I don't know of any human can keep up.  

Gold may stabilize around this number - but another person I read that has been 100% accurate on their forecasts says gold is going down a lot more, and silver could go below $10.  Doesn't feel like it right now but their long-term charts are pretty straight forward.  Another person who has been sometimes right says gold will be $2200 by the end of the year.  Another person says bitcoin will go to zero and another one $200,000.  

Probably doesn't give you the concrete answer you want - but since I am really not Martin Armstrong, that's my take.  

And I guess I should ask this question:  you said you lost money because gold went up and he didn't post it in his blog.  Are you saying that you lost money because you chose not to buy it because you thought it would go down?  If so you haven't lost anything - maybe missed out on buying lower than it is now.  He has always said that he expects it to get to around $5000 at some point.  
over45

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:54:49 PM

don't listen to Anonymous Coder - she's an idiot.

the $5000 gold call is an end-game call -- as in -- as people start to lose confidence in the currency call. 

AC is short sighted, bitter and has had her ego hurt.
over45

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:14:06 PM

And all that they can do after this is to throw a tantrum ...

the only person throwing a tantrum is you.  probably the biggest hissy fit in recorded internet history.  go do your nails...
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:16:58 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:49:05 PM by AnonymousCoder

over45 you are not getting what you want that is why you are throwing a tantrum ... wasting your energy on this futile exercise.

We won, you lost. Resistance is futile. The charlatan has no clothes.

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:19:41 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 05:48:56 PM by AnonymousCoder

CHARLATAN
TRAPPED
ONCE AGAIN

You are not going to get what you ask for ...

He has always said that he expects it to get to around $5000 at some point.

But we get this major forecast failure here documented once again which is that Martin Armstrong kept preaching this $5000 target at the $1900 high when he missed the turn as he always does.

That is by no means good at all. If these reversals are elected, look out below. We may have to clean house before gold can resume the uptrend.

That is the problem that all charlatans have - THEY MUST CONTRADICT THEMSELVES all the time, and I am playing this game which they always lose ... because we have the facts for everyone to see.

over45 you have fallen flat on your face as much as Gumbi needs a break because he has also fallen flat on his face here once again.

You are discredited once again - you need a new life - change your handle.

And all that they can do after this is to throw a tantrum ...

don't listen to Anonymous Coder - she's an idiot.

Like a 5 year old .. because they are running out of arguments.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Traxo

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 09:34:10 PM

He also emphasizes in his forecasts that time plays a critical role - probably the most important role.  
[...]
He has always said that he expects it to get to around $5000 at some point.  

Bullshit excuse. What kind of forecast is that - eventually.
Here is the forecast from me:  
Gold will hit $0 at some point in the future. Gold will hit $1,000,000,000 at some point.
When can you say that the forecast was wrong? Never (maybe if dollar as a currency disappears from the face of the Earth, but then I can just tip-toe and say oh but denominated in whatever, oops)
When can you say that the forecast was correct? When it happens.  

When gold hits $5,000, Marty will just come out with the usual "on schedule" line. That's what the role of "TIME" is. Lol. His forecast is worthless.
In fact, I have documented some of his earlier gold predictions when he was completely off, and some people placed bets on it, and lost money: https://busy.org/@traxo/martin-armstrong-gold-bear

Of course shills will say he never advised to trade that, he has disclaimer, or whatever other lame excuse. I don't care of course, it was clear deception, that's what matters. He was aware of that.

We've discussed it already numerous times here with Gumbi. It's laughable.
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: