Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:31:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646897 times)
DanB1

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 03:42:42 PM

The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)

Interesting Gumbi. Let's wait and see.
MTL4

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 07:38:50 PM

The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)

This will be a pretty critical call for MA's model because on the ECM 2015.75 should have been a transition high but really it turned out to be a low so now 2020.05 should invert the next transition low into a high. The currency arrays also said the same thing so we'll have to see if this actually works out or not.  The markets are due for a correction on my charts as well but the central banks have yet to take their foot off the accelerator just yet.
Dodehex

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:21:51 AM

Martin Armstrong is a fraud and you will lose money following his advice.

1. It's not fraud to loose money on a financial advice of somebody else. This happens many times and only in certain circumstances it may be fraud
2. It sounds like you made the same mistake as Lindegas and others here. Relying primarily on statements on the private blog.
3. eventually you didn't noticed the issues with Socrates that were discussed here in this forum and another forum.

Which other forums are you referring to? Thanks.
Alex-11

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 11:23:39 PM

Which other forums are you referring to? Thanks.

http://armstrong.forumprofi.de/t76f2-Unpublished-Elected-Reversals.html
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 11:51:09 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:17:46 PM by AnonymousCoder

I have discovered a large number of these issues. These after-the fact reversals I called "phantom reversals". The most important thing I learned however, even under the hypothetical assumption that all these issues are fixed, and even totally adhering to all rules, then there is still no way for this system to be profitable.

It is a hindsight system, and as many others have pointed out, one will definitely lose money using this as a trading system, because it simply does not work, even under the best conditions, i.e. all bugs taken care of.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Alex-11

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 01:38:11 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2019, 03:03:54 AM by Alex-11

It's not getting anymore true just because you keep repeating your mantra  all over again.
dibley8899

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 04:30:31 AM

Alex since your talking facts there and trying to come over that you are correct then lets see your PNL for the lat 12 months based on this. Proof is in the pudding.

I don't want to see hyperthetical numbers either just COLD hard trading data fact in an account as hyperthetical isnt worth Sh.....

Ive studied trading for a long time and come to the conclusion that 99.9% of all traders are full of Sh....  they dont have 6-12 months of real trading data that they can show .....this is outside of the large banks/funds.

So I'm waiting for your data.

What people dont realise is the upside performance is ALWAYS the equivalent of the downside or greater so if you are generating 20-30% returns then you can expect 40-50% drawdown. It's after this drawdown that you have to be bang sure on your system as when it gets to this point you will for whatever reason not take THE winning trade unless you are 100% sure on your system.

So I deal with THE BEST FUND in the WORLD, it generates an average of 33% per annum over 25 years at its high point but drops back to 22% during the low point, nothing comes close to this but to hang on for the gains you have to hold through 30-60% drawdowns. This is a proven fund with legit performance registered and adminstered and audited by a large accountancy. Anything that will not go through this process is not worth SH.... and there is a reason they wont go through this process   AND that is because it doesnt work or the profit will be too small and not cover the fees. 

Yes armstrong had a sheet of paper with performance on for 1 year but when you look at it  it is just a sheet of paper with numbers on, absolutely no proof of real trading. Unless you backtested this system for 30 years you can not be bang sure that it produces ANY return so what you are basically doing is wishful hoping that it goes ok.

Mr A Coder posted what I have to say was the best and most common sense post a few posts back that has probably ever been written on armstrong or trading in general. You would be wise to reread this a few times prior to posting your hoping wishful posts.

OR

You could post some HARD DATA..........I won't hold my breath though..
Alex-11

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2019, 04:38:29 PM

You are saying this as if I would like to sell you something , but I don't have anything to sell Smiley
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:57:21 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:17:39 PM by AnonymousCoder

You are saying this as if I would like to sell you something , but I don't have anything to sell Smiley

Wake up. Apart from the rather obvious fact that you don't have anything of substance to say, and that everybody here should just ignore you because of that, you seem to be suffering from amnesia. You have implied that my "mantra" is not true, which is what dibley8899 prompted to ask you to come up with some facts.

Result: You are not interested in facts, and you openly admit it. This is why dibley8899 is quite correctly describing your behavior as "posting your hoping wishful posts".

You should create your own cult with your Armstrong advocacy forum. This is the wrong place for you, because this one here is for intelligent, critical people. These people have come to a conclusion obviously.

That is why it is rather quiet here now. Except for a couple of diehards like you. You just don't get it, even under most favorable conditions. So there is no other way - these diehards need to be ridiculed.

So here you get it again:

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.
blinder007

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 02:02:49 PM

Alex since your talking facts there and trying to come over that you are correct then lets see your PNL for the lat 12 months based on this. Proof is in the pudding.

I don't want to see hyperthetical numbers either just COLD hard trading data fact in an account as hyperthetical isnt worth Sh.....

Ive studied trading for a long time and come to the conclusion that 99.9% of all traders are full of Sh....  they dont have 6-12 months of real trading data that they can show .....this is outside of the large banks/funds.

So I'm waiting for your data.

What people dont realise is the upside performance is ALWAYS the equivalent of the downside or greater so if you are generating 20-30% returns then you can expect 40-50% drawdown. It's after this drawdown that you have to be bang sure on your system as when it gets to this point you will for whatever reason not take THE winning trade unless you are 100% sure on your system.

So I deal with THE BEST FUND in the WORLD, it generates an average of 33% per annum over 25 years at its high point but drops back to 22% during the low point, nothing comes close to this but to hang on for the gains you have to hold through 30-60% drawdowns. This is a proven fund with legit performance registered and adminstered and audited by a large accountancy. Anything that will not go through this process is not worth SH.... and there is a reason they wont go through this process   AND that is because it doesnt work or the profit will be too small and not cover the fees. 

Yes armstrong had a sheet of paper with performance on for 1 year but when you look at it  it is just a sheet of paper with numbers on, absolutely no proof of real trading. Unless you backtested this system for 30 years you can not be bang sure that it produces ANY return so what you are basically doing is wishful hoping that it goes ok.

Mr A Coder posted what I have to say was the best and most common sense post a few posts back that has probably ever been written on armstrong or trading in general. You would be wise to reread this a few times prior to posting your hoping wishful posts.

OR

You could post some HARD DATA..........I won't hold my breath though..

absolutely agree on your comments on track-records. Anything that is not audited over a long time by a large Auditing firm is just a joke and not worth the paper it is writen on.

Would you mind sharing the name of the fund or money manager you mention here?  thanks
Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 02:33:57 PM

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for a reason.

Yes and Socrates was sentenced to death for a reason, Julian Assange is being held in prison for a reason, Trump is being impeached for a reason,  you must really trust the justice system and believe corruption in government does not exist to say something so stupid.

You are not in any position to conclude anything since it has been demonstrated you know very little about the model for example you were not even aware that it takes the election of all FOUR Monthly Reversals to change a trend from bullish to bearish or bearish to bullish. This means you have not even read the Socrates user's guide!

Why don't you tell us what strategy you used and failed so miserably when using Socrates?
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 03:11:02 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:17:31 PM by AnonymousCoder

Yes and Socrates was sentenced to death for a reason, Julian Assange is being held in prison for a reason, Trump is being impeached for a reason, you must really trust the justice system and believe corruption in government does not exist to say something so stupid.

I have never seen so much bullshit in one sentence. Where did I say that I trust the justice system? You are talking incoherent crap. Idiotic. You are saying because of some injustice has been applied to whatever other case you cherry-pick, cases where the accused have not confessed or not even been tried, that this means that injustice has been also applied to a convicted criminal who confessed to the the crime. Makes sense? Idiotic.

I find it deeply offensive to mention Julian Assange who is a real genius in contrast to Martin Armstrong who is a charlatan and crackpot. You don't even know how to follow a simple thought let alone a complex one.

Again, how can we compare a head of state whom I have at least some respect for (in this case) with a crackpot like Martin Armstrong? You would not even now how to clean Trump's desk.

You are not in any position to conclude anything since it has been demonstrated you know very little about the model for example you were not even aware that it takes the election of all FOUR Monthly Reversals to change a trend from bullish to bearish or bearish to bullish. This means you have not even read the Socrates user's guide!

Why don't you tell us what strategy you used and failed so miserably when using Socrates?

I do not comment on Socrates anymore - it has been proven to be a scam. As confirmed by an overwhelming majority of posters in this forum. Period.

Why even try to understand the misleading methods of a scam? Are you crazy?

I do not respond with technical details to these low-life provocations any more. I have done that before. Game over. Everything has been said. Everything has been documented in full detail. Nobody listens to Armstrong and crew any more. You are the moron of the month, the joke of the month! Disqualified. I laugh my head off! The more you post, the more ridiculous it gets. Got the message? Kiss

Just one last thought: To see a member of the Armstrong team post this type of message should make it clear to absolutely everyone what type of outfit we are talking about. Everybody who considers spending money on any of Armstrong's products would be well advised to read Gumbi's posts. Good marketing indeed. I love it. Kiss

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 04:53:07 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2019, 05:11:25 PM by Gumbi

The conviction rate exceeds 98% in the US federal courts. and this idea that the innocent don't plead guilty is absurd. Armstrong "served seven years in jail until he reached a plea bargain with federal prosecutors" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_A._Armstrong)
https://www.amazon.com/Why-Innocent-Plead-Guilty-Free/dp/1411643925/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1493988190&sr=1-1&keywords=Why+Innocent+People+Plead+Guilty

You simply cannot conclude with any accuracy that something is a scam without going into it how else are you going to decide, how else are you going to know for sure? You have not even bothered to read the user manual and expect to make money, are you crazy? You believe its a scam but you certainty cannot prove it, that much is certain.

Just glad you have admitted you know absolutely nothing about Socrates and you are basically saying you don't know it's a scam but others have told me and I believe them..  Kiss

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 05:12:21 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:17:24 PM by AnonymousCoder

The conviction rate exceeds 98% in the US federal courts. and this idea that the innocent don't plead guilty is absurd. Armstrong "served seven years in jail until he reached a plea bargain with federal prosecutors" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_A._Armstrong)
https://www.amazon.com/Why-Innocent-Plead-Guilty-Free/dp/1411643925/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1493988190&sr=1-1&keywords=Why+Innocent+People+Plead+Guilty

You simply cannot conclude with any accuracy that something is a scam without going into it how else are you going to decide, how else are you going to know for sure? You believe its a scam but you certainty cannot prove it, that much is certain.

Just glad you have admitted you know absolutely nothing about Socrates and you are basically saying you don't know it's a scam but others have told me and I believe them.. Kiss

Sorry, wrong again. where did I say I know nothing about Socrates? Nowhere. I know everything about it. Everybody reading this forum knows it because I have proven with facts that it is a scam. You could never convincingly prove me wrong on these facts. What you are writing now is just made up. Please refer to my facts, the cases, the numbers. However trying to understand it is meaningless once you know it is a scam. Game over. Your logic stinks.

So now you are saying because of the 98% conviction rate, white collar criminals like Martin Armstrong should get an out of jail free card?

Again, your logic stinks.

We, the people who pay taxes for this justice system don't want white collar criminals to get an out of jail free card.

In contrast, unfortunately, your stupid logic and strategy is a major part of the entire Armstrong scam. Because Armstrong has an axe to grind with the justice system which is why some believe he financed the Forecaster movie.

AFAIC I am trusting the justice system enough that I walk half an hour out of my place to do shopping and back any time of the day without any fear of criminals. I could not do that if you were right with your stupid assertions. We need a justice system, obviously. The fact that it doesn't work as expected in some cases cannot be used to draw conclusions as you do. So here we go again, you get what you deserve. As long as you keep peddling this crap even in face of all the evidence against it.

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 05:36:44 PM

Sorry, wrong again. where did I say I know nothing about Socrates? Nowhere. I know everything about it.

You have not read the user manual on Socrates you are completely unaware of the significant of the 3rd and 4th reversal which we discussed when talking about the wheat futures trade.

Lets just assume you know everything about socrates explain to me what strategy you used when using the reversal system and how you incorporated it with the array, energy model and GMW? Since you are such an expert... Kiss
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 05:49:58 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:17:16 PM by AnonymousCoder

Sorry, wrong again. where did I say I know nothing about Socrates? Nowhere. I know everything about it.

You have not read the user manual on Socrates you are completely unaware of the significant of the 3rd and 4th reversal which we discussed when talking about the wheat futures trade.

Lets just assume you know everything about socrates explain to me what strategy you used when using the reversal system and how you incorporated it with the array, energy model and GMW? Since you are such an expert... Kiss

I take note of the fact that you expand the selection of possible ambiguities that dictate that the system is in hindsight always right, but it is on the other hand so incredibly stupid that it does not even know its own rules, which should clearly prevent the generation of such erroneous signals, if the rules could be applied in a consistent manner, which is not possible with ambiguous rules.

The erroneous signal was the generation of a monthly bearish reversal which according to your rule should have been ignored.

Show us the link to the manual where it says that the election of a reversal should be ignored based on a conflicting forecast array signal.

Everybody can follow this simple logic above and now you are trapped. Again. Kiss

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:17:55 PM

I take note of the fact that you expand the selection of possible ambiguities that dictate that the system is in hindsight always right, but it is on the other hand so incredibly stupid that it does not even know its own rules, which should clearly prevent the generation of such erroneous signals, if the rules could be applied in a consistent manner, which is not possible with ambiguous rules.

The erroneous signal was the generation of a monthly bearish reversal which according to your rule should have been ignored.

Show us the link to the manual where it says that the election of a reversal should be ignored based on a conflicting forecast array signal.

Everybody can follow this simple logic above and now you are trapped. Again. Kiss

Read this blog starting at page 273 to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog

No it should not be ignored only the 3rd and 4th reversal were not elected, they have to be elected to change the trend that rule you were unaware of.  In the case of wheat futures the first and second monthly bearish were elected but the 3rd monthly bearish reversal was penetrated but not elected clearly holding support this is not ambiguous this is how the reversal system works!

And when did you conclude it was a scam? because you have been posting saying it is a scam  since June on this account, so how many MONTHLY reversals  did you actually trade and how many were elected during that 4/5 month period,  1 or 2 maybe? Or were you stupid enough to only trade daily reversals which the USER GUIDE recommends against maybe you should try reading it.

so you want people to believe you essentially mastered the reversal system, the array, the energy models in less than 5 months right?

Let's just assume you know everything about Socrates  explain to me what strategy you used when using the reversal system and how you incorporated it with the array, energy model and GMW? Since you are such an expert... Kiss

Funny how  you won't directly respond to the question because you are indeed trapped. Just explain to me what strategy you used what is so hard about that?

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:24:37 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:17:08 PM by AnonymousCoder

The erroneous signal was the generation of a monthly bearish reversal which according to your rule should have been ignored. This is the wheat futures case that you use to prove me wrong. The reversal was elected. We are still talking about the Wheat futures trade, aren't we? If you say it was not elected then you are lying because we have the numbers.

Everybody can follow this simple logic above and now you are trapped. I am saying such a rule does not exist. You say it does.

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:29:49 PM

AnonymousCoder
The reversal was elected. we are still talking about the Wheat futures trade, aren't we? If you say it was not elected then you are lying because we have the numbers.

okay tell me the numbers?
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 06:43:37 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:17:01 PM by AnonymousCoder

Original Post

Monthly bearish 4455 elected at close of 4286 on 2019-04-30

Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: