Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:44:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450415 times)
web2020

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:33:05 PM

In my area you cannot shoot anyone just because they've trespassed onto your property.  The trespasser must be posing a threat.  This seems logical and fair to me and I have no objections.  If you do shoot someone, you go to court to prove your case so they better not have an entrance wound in their back.  I personally think that the 'stand your ground' idea is stupid and counter-productive and leads to more problems than it solves.

I'm not from america (if you are), the situation in my country is far different from yours. In the province that I mentioned, police are unreliable - you're mostly on your own, that's why most people confront things by themselves. I'm not from a sue-happy country as well, court is useless as it is corrupt as &^#@*, so If you do something bad... good luck.

Some months ago, when there was a thievery marathon in my area which makes neighbors can't sleep well at night (because local police is useless as fck). I heard a gunshot in the middle of the night. Next morning, they said a known thief in my area has been shot dead. That's good, 1 less thief in the world, and neighbors felt relief.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:43:18 PM

University of Texas panel recommends allowing guns in classrooms

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-university-guns-idUSKBN0TT2B720151210

A University of Texas advisory committee has reluctantly recommended allowing handguns in classrooms when a state law goes into effect next year, saying on Thursday it cannot bar the firearms under the state measure.

On Aug. 1, 2016, a so-called state "campus carry" law goes into effect allowing people 21 and older with a concealed handgun license to carry handguns in classrooms and buildings throughout the University of Texas system, one of the nation's largest with an enrollment of more than 214,000 students.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:18:49 PM

Some people can use guns for protections for me opinion or for hunting or other entertaiming things.
But is just stupid that they are people who have gun and do it for bad things.

Yes, I think that sums up the point of this post.

The question is, when do we limit guns in government and the military, since it is they who do more bad things to people, using guns, than anyone else does?

Governments never give power back to the people once they have taken it. Once all rights are removed, one by one, democracy and free world are ended. 

WizKhalifa

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:37:28 AM

I know many people need to have gun as they are business man, have business or are easy to be attacked by others.
So yes and no
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:11:36 AM

In my area you cannot shoot anyone just because they've trespassed onto your property.  The trespasser must be posing a threat.  This seems logical and fair to me and I have no objections.  If you do shoot someone, you go to court to prove your case so they better not have an entrance wound in their back.  I personally think that the 'stand your ground' idea is stupid and counter-productive and leads to more problems than it solves.

I'm not from america (if you are), the situation in my country is far different from yours. In the province that I mentioned, police are unreliable - you're mostly on your own, that's why most people confront things by themselves. I'm not from a sue-happy country as well, court is useless as it is corrupt as &^#@*, so If you do something bad... good luck.

Some months ago, when there was a thievery marathon in my area which makes neighbors can't sleep well at night (because local police is useless as fck). I heard a gunshot in the middle of the night. Next morning, they said a known thief in my area has been shot dead. That's good, 1 less thief in the world, and neighbors felt relief.
This is so sad to hear this.  The thief was only doing his job.  And it's a hard job, he has to work through the cold, dark night.  He has to deal with mean and hostile victims.  Just think of how much more dangerous his job is if people have guns.  They shouldn't be allowed.

<<satire>>
panju1
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:12:01 PM

Some measures for gun control are being put in place....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/nyregion/connecticut-to-ban-gun-sales-to-those-on-federal-terrorism-lists.html?_r=0

With the mass shooting in California last week focusing attention on terrorism and guns, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy of Connecticut announced on Thursday that he intended to sign an executive order barring people on federal terrorism watch lists from buying firearms in the state.

“Like all Americans, I have been horrified by the recent terrorist attacks in San Bernardino and Paris,” Mr. Malloy, a Democrat, told reporters. “This should be a wake-up call to all of us. This is a moment to seize in America, and today I’m here to say that we in Connecticut are seizing it.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:17:12 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/nyregion/connecticut-to-ban-gun-sales-to-those-on-federal-terrorism-lists.html?_r=0

With the mass shooting in California last week focusing attention on terrorism and guns, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy of Connecticut announced on Thursday that he intended to sign an executive order barring people on federal terrorism watch lists from buying firearms in the state.

“Like all Americans, I have been horrified by the recent terrorist attacks in San Bernardino and Paris,” Mr. Malloy, a Democrat, told reporters. “This should be a wake-up call to all of us. This is a moment to seize in America, and today I’m here to say that we in Connecticut are seizing it.

Taking guns from people on the no fly list is like taking guns from everyone, because you can put anyone on the no fly list.

Video: https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/675138619829583875

Chris hayes explains how a vet was wrongly placed on the no-fly list & smeared with headlines about an ISIS cell

Veteran trashed with ISIS Taint - MSNBC

Edit: Sorry, the previous story was about the Terrorism watchlist. Hopefully they'll get those guns away from the people in Homeland Security who are on it.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:19:54 PM

FYI, the "terrorism watch list" is a list of names, not identities.  So this moronic measure would ban, as an example, all "John Smith" persons, if just one of thousands were on the list.  If the banned name lacked a middle name, you can see what would occur.

As the "terrorism watch list" does not name individuals, a ban based on it would clearly be unconstitutional.

Then again, I am certain there is a Mohammed on that list...
panju1
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:30:31 PM

FYI, the "terrorism watch list" is a list of names, not identities.  So this moronic measure would ban, as an example, all "John Smith" persons, if just one of thousands were on the list.  If the banned name lacked a middle name, you can see what would occur.

As the "terrorism watch list" does not name individuals, a ban based on it would clearly be unconstitutional.

We can expect a lot of pushback on this.
The terrorists of this world will find easier (illegal) ways to buy guns.
These measures are not going to stop them.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:12:16 AM

We can expect a lot of pushback on this.
The terrorists of this world will find easier (illegal) ways to buy guns.
These measures are not going to stop them.
FYI, the current NICS background check seems to work okay.  Here is a list of the categories of people who are denied on this standard procedure.  One truly glaring thing that's obvious in reading this is that MOST of the categories of things liberals say "we ought to do" are already being done...

The federally prohibiting criteria are as follows:

A person who has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year or any state offense classified by the state as a misdemeanor and is punishable by a term of imprisonment of more than two years.
    Persons who are fugitives of justice—for example, the subject of an active felony or misdemeanor warrant.
    An unlawful user and/or an addict of any controlled substance; for example, a person convicted for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past year; or a person with multiple arrests for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past five years with the most recent arrest occurring within the past year; or a person found through a drug test to use a controlled substance unlawfully, provided the test was administered within the past year.
    A person adjudicated mental defective or involuntarily committed to a mental institution or incompetent to handle own affairs, including dispositions to criminal charges of found not guilty by reason of insanity or found incompetent to stand trial.
    A person who, being an alien, is illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
    A person who, being an alien except as provided in subsection (y) (2), has been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa.
    A person dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
    A person who has renounced his/her United States citizenship.
    The subject of a protective order issued after a hearing in which the respondent had notice that restrains them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such partner. This does not include ex parte orders.
    A person convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime which includes the use or attempted use of physical force or threatened use of a deadly weapon and the defendant was the spouse, former spouse, parent, guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited in the past with the victim as a spouse, parent, guardian or similar situation to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim.
    A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 04:09:26 AM

I think everyone should be allowed to open-carry shoulder-fired nukes.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:14:08 PM

But they are heavy.  I don't even like to carry a pistol.  I mean, think, dude.  For the same weight you could carry a six pack of beer.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:29:16 PM

But they are heavy.  I don't even like to carry a pistol.  I mean, think, dude.  For the same weight you could carry a six pack of beer.

The dude has completely run out of things to say and is just spamming roughly the same thing to many threads.  Hard to know what his goal is, or even if he has one at this point, but it's also hard to give a shit.  A non-interesting troll has lost any residue of usefulness.  They often go out in a brief puff of random energy release and I'd guess that that is where Beliathon is at at this point.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 12:44:10 AM

The dude has completely run out of things to say and is just spamming roughly the same thing to many threads.  Hard to know what his goal is, or even if he has one at this point, but it's also hard to give a shit.  A non-interesting troll has lost any residue of usefulness.  They often go out in a brief puff of random energy release and I'd guess that that is where Beliathon is at at this point.

no u

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:22:51 AM

That's what happens when you crawl up onto Stan's lap, vehemently speak with a voice like Satan's, then get rebuked enough so that you start thinking about why you are on Satan's lap, and start wishing a little that you had not crawled up there.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:12:14 PM

The Watchlist Gun Bans Begin: Obama Enlists Governors to Bypass Congress...

Now governors are abusing executive orders to trample on the 2nd Amendment as well.

With strong resistance in Congress to gun control measures, Obama has taken to working outside his constitutional authority yet again.

But he, his pen and his phone, are not alone this time.

To bring teeth to his pending executive orders, President Obama is working to enlist the help of many of the state governors who he hopes will sign their own executive orders.

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy plans to sign the first executive order in the nation to ban the sales of guns to people on federal government watch lists.

“We intend to prevent, by executive order through my powers as governor, those on government watch lists from obtaining a permit to purchase a firearm in Connecticut,” the Democratic governor said in a news conference Thursday.

Read more at http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/by-executive-order-obama-enlists-governors-to-bypass-congress-on-no-fly-no-buy_12112015.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:22:49 PM

Now governors are abusing executive orders to trample on the 2nd Amendment as well.

With strong resistance in Congress to gun control measures, Obama has taken to working outside his constitutional authority yet again.

To bring teeth to his pending executive orders, President Obama is working to enlist the help of many of the state governors who he hopes will sign their own executive orders.

Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy plans to sign the first executive order in the nation to ban the sales of guns to people on federal government watch lists.

“We intend to prevent, by executive order through my powers as governor, those on government watch lists from obtaining a permit to purchase a firearm in Connecticut,” the Democratic governor said in a news conference Thursday.

Read more at http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/by-executive-order-obama-enlists-governors-to-bypass-congress-on-no-fly-no-buy_12112015.

Smiley

Isn't it fitting that Sandy Hook, the catalyst, has it's anniversary tomorrow?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:30:37 PM

Smiley
Just tell me one thing.  Are there any "Barack Hussains" on that watch list? 

Because if there are, we need to take our nukes away from him.

Because he's on the watch list.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:37:53 PM

Remember one major thing. The only reason that nations which have gun control don't completely make slaves out of their people is, American still have guns. If those gun-controlled nations made formal slaves of their people, their people would see the freedom in having guns real clearly. They would get guns and collapse their nations.

In other words, gun freedom in America is keeping the world free.

Smiley

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:55:29 PM

Remember one major thing. The only reason that nations which have gun control don't completely make slaves out of their people is, American still have guns. If those gun-controlled nations made formal slaves of their people, their people would see the freedom in having guns real clearly. They would get guns and collapse their nations.

In other words, gun freedom in America is keeping the world free.

Smiley
Other countries are worried about gun violence in the US when they should be worried about horrific incidents that are happening to children in Sudan. The fact the Asia countries are the worst for human trafficking and violence against children. China is a fine one to talk while their people are enslaved in a communistic regime. While the women in Arab countries are enslaved in a culture that is so outdated that it is almost unbelievable. There are atrocities everywhere just not in the US. People who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: