Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:10:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572405 times)
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:46:25 PM

I say NATO because the United States is the cornerstone of that. At first it was supposed to counter the Soviet threat (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) but it has expanded to what looks like world police. Working with the usual world cop, Uncle Sam. Maybe it was supposed to be good cop bad cop but that hasn´t really worked and it has turned uot all pretty bad cop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:58:34 PM

I say NATO because the United States is the cornerstone of that. At first it was supposed to counter the Soviet threat (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) but it has expanded to what looks like world police. Working with the usual world cop, Uncle Sam. Maybe it was supposed to be good cop bad cop but that hasn´t really worked and it has turned uot all pretty bad cop.

Looks like nato exists because of the technological sophistication of third world powers: https://chomsky.info/20090403/

if you go back to 1989 and 1990, it’s extremely interesting to see how the United States reacted to the collapse of the Soviet Union. So, right after the fall of the Berlin Wall twenty years ago, which signaled the end of the Soviet Union, clearly, the Bush administration, Bush I, immediately released a national security strategy, a military budget, and so on, which are very interesting reading. What they say, in effect, is everything is going to go on exactly as before, but with new pretexts. So now we have to have a huge military establishment and military budget, and not to protect ourselves from the Russians, who are collapsing, but because — literally, because of the technological sophistication of third world powers. Now, that was promulgated without ridicule. You know, if someone was watching from Mars, they’d collapse in laughter.

Nato was always a way for america to project its power. Without competition it can use its power on a wider scale.
galdur

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:06:37 PM

Looks like nato exists because of the technological sophistication of third world powers: https://chomsky.info/20090403/

if you go back to 1989 and 1990, it’s extremely interesting to see how the United States reacted to the collapse of the Soviet Union. So, right after the fall of the Berlin Wall twenty years ago, which signaled the end of the Soviet Union, clearly, the Bush administration, Bush I, immediately released a national security strategy, a military budget, and so on, which are very interesting reading. What they say, in effect, is everything is going to go on exactly as before, but with new pretexts. So now we have to have a huge military establishment and military budget, and not to protect ourselves from the Russians, who are collapsing, but because — literally, because of the technological sophistication of third world powers. Now, that was promulgated without ridicule. You know, if someone was watching from Mars, they’d collapse in laughter.

Nato was always a way for america to project its power. Without competition it can use its power on a wider scale.

Yes, and the Russians are again supposed to be about to gobble up the free world. It´s really strange; NATO has no armies to speak of in Europe to counter that invasion which has been imminent forever. The Russians would be at the English Channel before you know it. But of course they´re not interested in that. They have no reason for it. So, they´ll be a threat and a very profitable one in the coming decades as before.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:56:20 PM

Well yeah, the system´s greatest concern is the system I guess. So, NATO is saving the free world from commies and russkies and yes, terrorists. The Border patrol is saving Americans from wetbacks. All this costs money. Without a threat and enemies, real or not, that money is probably more difficult to get. When it´s up to a trillion bucks a year the stakes are gigantic of course.

Wetbacks are just the syndrome. The Americans should treat the root cause first rather than going for short term solutions. They should remove the birth-right citizenship option, which is triggering this massive illegal alien influx. All the anchor babies should be stripped of their citizenship and deported back to the mafia infested shithole of Mexico. 
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:08:16 PM

Well yeah, the system´s greatest concern is the system I guess. So, NATO is saving the free world from commies and russkies and yes, terrorists. The Border patrol is saving Americans from wetbacks. All this costs money. Without a threat and enemies, real or not, that money is probably more difficult to get. When it´s up to a trillion bucks a year the stakes are gigantic of course.

Wetbacks are just the syndrome. The Americans should treat the root cause first rather than going for short term solutions. They should remove the birth-right citizenship option, which is triggering this massive illegal alien influx. All the anchor babies should be stripped of their citizenship and deported back to the mafia infested shithole of Mexico. 

The birth right was never meant for mexicans but for the children of slaves, so they could be free at birth, instead of be owned like their parents in perpetuity. This is what lawyers and coyotes are using to make money.

They have a terrible (actually no) respect for life and freedom in South America. Totalitarians from the left to right, no rights for self defense, etc. They are importing this destruction in the USA. The American, legal, multiple generation latinos are the first to be fearful of that new wave and they do not want this. At all.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:12:09 PM

The birth right was never meant for mexicans but for the children of slaves, so they could be free at birth, instead of be owned like their parents in perpetuity. This is what lawyers and coyotes are using to make money.

It makes no sense at all. On January 31, 1865, Slavery was officially abolished in the United States. The birth right citizenship option should have been de-activated right then. It surprises me that no one has attempted to overturn this option even after so many millions of illegal aliens exploited it to acquire citizenship illegally.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1368

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:12:43 PM

The major reason why I might like to see Trump win would be, all those other candidates deserve to lose the money they spend on their campaigns... but not Trump. I would hate to see Trump lose all that precious money of his that he spent on his campaign.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
galdur

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:29:01 PM

The major reason why I might like to see Trump win would be, all those other candidates deserve to lose the money they spend on their campaigns... but not Trump. I would hate to see Trump lose all that precious money of his that he spent on his campaign.

Smiley

He has really spent peanuts...

According to The Sunlight Foundation, after the period ending Feb. 20, Trump will have spent $17.5 million of his own funds on his campaign—68 percent of the total amount he’s raised since June. $7.7 million has come from donations to his website, which features a prominent “DONATE” button in its upper right-hand corner.

Trump owns a commercial-sized plane, a Boeing 757-200, which is equipped to safely transport 43 passengers in seat belts plated with 24-carat gold—although they might prefer to sit in the dining room, one of two bedrooms, or in the shower, (or they might prefer to travel in his smaller jet or one of his two helicopters).

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:33:09 PM

Some years ago, the Rio Grande was diverted and a lake on the Mexican side created (A deal in which the US got Screwed, the Mexicans did not live up to their side of the bargain).  One result of this is that the Rio Grande is not a grand river, but an empty creekbed, or perhaps has a trickle of water.

In any case, there are really no "wetbacks" anymore.
galdur

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:44:11 PM

Yes, it´s known in Spanish as Rio Bravo, or "Rough River," but is shallow enough to wade across at least in parts of it. I wonder if it would be feasible to widen it and dig it out at the easiest crossings. You´d need a series of low weirs for the water to back up and fill the widened channel. Much cheaper than a wall probably.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:50:22 PM

Yes, it´s known in Spanish as Rio Bravo, or "Rough River," but is shallow enough to wade across at least in parts of it. I wonder if it would be feasible to widen it and dig it out at the easiest crossings. You´d need a series of low weirs for the water to back up and fill the widened channel. Much cheaper than a wall probably.

And then add sharks with frickin laser in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:05:35 PM

Donald Trump's abortion remarks provoke biggest crisis of his campaign
The Guardian‎ - 3 hours ago
Donald Trump was facing the biggest crisis of his bid for the White House on Thursday, after ...

Donald Trump Clears the Air With Republican Leaders
New York Times‎ - 10 hours ago

Donald Trump is now the least popular American politician in three decades
Los Angeles Times‎ - 2 hours ago

I'm not terribly concerned.  The negative perception, if it is even true and not another fairly common form of propaganda leveraging group-think dynamics, was achieved by the establishment media pulling out ALL the stops and sinking to extreme depths of dishonesty.  Even some of my highly progressive family cannot ignore it any more.  7 months is plenty of time to engineer a backlash, if it even needs any engineering at all.

I would suggest to Trump that he develop a brief catchy civics lesson to counter the abortion thing.  Along the lines of:

"The 'abortion' comment related to ILLEGAL abortion just as the immigration thing relates to ILLEGAL immigration.  The mainstream media almost always and very dishonestly leaves out the 'illegal' part for propaganda reasons.  Under our form of government, congress makes laws, courts decide if the laws are allowed, and the executive enforces those which are found to be legal.  As president I intend to enforce laws whether I agree with them or not.  The American people are sick of other people and groups being 'above the law' and I intend to put a stop to it on many fronts."

Reason for the backlash is probably because it contradicts pro life ideas right? Not about the abortion being done legally or not and the women punished because of that. Pro life movement doesn't want to punish the women. Only those that do the abortions. The doctors. As far as I know. If that is the case it looks inconsistent to me. So his position here makes sense. Don't agree with it but it is consistent. If abortion is illegal everyone involved should be punished.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:16:54 PM

Donald Trump's abortion remarks provoke biggest crisis of his campaign
The Guardian‎ - 3 hours ago
Donald Trump was facing the biggest crisis of his bid for the White House on Thursday, after ...

Donald Trump Clears the Air With Republican Leaders
New York Times‎ - 10 hours ago

Donald Trump is now the least popular American politician in three decades
Los Angeles Times‎ - 2 hours ago

I'm not terribly concerned.  The negative perception, if it is even true and not another fairly common form of propaganda leveraging group-think dynamics, was achieved by the establishment media pulling out ALL the stops and sinking to extreme depths of dishonesty.  Even some of my highly progressive family cannot ignore it any more.  7 months is plenty of time to engineer a backlash, if it even needs any engineering at all.

I would suggest to Trump that he develop a brief catchy civics lesson to counter the abortion thing.  Along the lines of:

"The 'abortion' comment related to ILLEGAL abortion just as the immigration thing relates to ILLEGAL immigration.  The mainstream media almost always and very dishonestly leaves out the 'illegal' part for propaganda reasons.  Under our form of government, congress makes laws, courts decide if the laws are allowed, and the executive enforces those which are found to be legal.  As president I intend to enforce laws whether I agree with them or not.  The American people are sick of other people and groups being 'above the law' and I intend to put a stop to it on many fronts."

Reason for the backlash is probably because it contradicts pro life ideas right? Not about the abortion being done legally or not and the women punished because of that. Pro life movement doesn't want to punish the women. Only those that do the abortions. The doctors. As far as I know. If that is the case it looks inconsistent to me. So his position here makes sense. Don't agree with it but it is consistent. If abortion is illegal everyone involved should be punished.

Wasn't he responding to a hypothetical construct? He is not a politician, but he should have known better the media is after soundbites to play against him.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 09:39:02 PM

Wasn't he responding to a hypothetical construct? He is not a politician, but he should have known better the media is after soundbites to play against him.

I've read more than a few people who said essentially the same thing. An interesting crack in the Trump FanclubTM.

Has he reached his hubris moment? Find out and see: he may have, he may not have. But he is going to have to pivot, most likely after the Republican nomination is a done deal. To a deal man like Trump, a deal done is a deal stuck to. If the Republican Party "signs the deal" making him the nominee, it's Trump's show. He and his supporters will make that plain.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:06:49 PM

I've read more than a few people who said essentially the same thing. An interesting crack in the Trump FanclubTM.

Has he reached his hubris moment? Find out and see: he may have, he may not have. But he is going to have to pivot, most likely after the Republican nomination is a done deal. To a deal man like Trump, a deal done is a deal stuck to. If the Republican Party "signs the deal" making him the nominee, it's Trump's show. He and his supporters will make that plain.

Wasn't his hubris moment reached with the illegal mexicans comment? Maybe it was about islam? Could it be kelly's blood?

I've lost track. And those were way, way more potent.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 10:43:17 PM

Wasn't his hubris moment reached with the illegal mexicans comment? Maybe it was about islam? Could it be kelly's blood?

Were they way, way more potent than getting behind Social Security reform?

(Yes, that's a hint.)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:48:58 PM

(Yes, that's a hint.)

Pointing out vague or possibly not well thought out comments by aspiring POTUS is of course making a valid point, as long as it isn't the POTUS we all are fashioning the narrative for.

<<sarcasm, pointing out lack of criticism of batshit crazy hillary>>
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:49:37 PM

(Yes, that's a hint.)

560+ millions of TRUMP hubris bashing, non stop. From the GOP. They are contemplating cheating him because they could not stop him. That tells me he is the real man for DNA level splicing of the system.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:59:40 PM

(Yes, that's a hint.)

560+ millions of TRUMP hubris bashing, non stop. From the GOP. They are contemplating cheating him because they could not stop him. That tells me he is the real man for DNA level splicing of the system.

The running dogs and lackeys of the GOP would circle their goats, and erect a huge shrine to Jeb Bush, and ask us all to be happy, to have a happy basket of feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

Jeb is your man.  We know best.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 11:06:06 PM

All righty; I'm observing, not lobbying. Fancy that. Cheesy

To be honest, a lot of Donald Trump's campaign strategy can be figured out simply by reading The Art Of The Deal. Its kernel, I'm sure, is his advice to walk around the neighbourhood and get a feel for it and its inhabitants before buying a building. He's prolly had his poll-dependent rivals pegged as that newly-minted MBAer working for Prudential REIT that he lobbed off an apartment building to when he was still working with his dad.

This and no more has been his "secret sauce." He walked around the political "neighbourhood" and used his entrepreneurial skills to find out that there were a whole slew of folks that were all-but disenfranchised - and were really angry about it. His own view of the world aligning with theirs, he built his entire campaign representing them in a way that a poll-drive candidate would not have dreamed of.

The only question remaining: will his quintessentially entrepreneurial approach to campaigning - latching on to a populace that feels disenfranchised and re-enfranchising them - scale? Will it work in the general election?

To be honest, I don't know - and I'm someone who cheerfully bet money that Mr. Trump would win the Pubbie nomination a/o six months ago.

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: