Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:02:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572405 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:45:57 AM

Up Like Trump?

no....

CRAP LIKE TRUMP!

FTFY  OP
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:06:04 PM

Up Like Trump?

no....

CRAP LIKE TRUMP!

FTFY  OP

Voting Vermin Supreme?
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:35:53 PM

Trump: Fighting Assad And ISIS At The Same Time Is "Idiocy;" Allies Are Funding Terrorists

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/27/2016 09:02 -0400

When assessing candidates for elected office, foreign policy is perhaps the single most important consideration in an increasingly interconnected world.

That’s especially true in the 2016 race for The White House. While the vast majority of the Americans will remain blissfully ignorant when it comes to the nuances, the electorate generally understands a handful of very basic concepts: 1) Russia is resurgent; 2) ISIS is bad; 3) there are a lot of refugees in Europe and some of them are terrorists; 4) there’s something going on in Syria that is apparently connected to ISIS and refugees; 5) Iran is evil and will probably try to nuke somebody soon; 6) China is getting stronger.

Given voters’ generalized lack of insight into the specifics and overarching desire to be left in the dark about anything that suggests modern geopolitics can’t be summed up as a black and white, West versus everyone, good versus evil, struggle to restore a benevolent American hegemony, candidates must be careful to convey a deep understanding of the issues without confusing a largely ignorant electorate. That will be difficult for Hillary Clinton, a veteran of modern statecraft who knows a thing or two about how complex the world is and how easy it is to screw things up (see Libya).

For Trump, on the other hand, developing a foreign policy platform is much easier. His anti-immigration stance fits perfectly with the events unfolding across Europe and his “knock the hell out of ISIS” line resonates with voters who, no matter how much they distrust the government, would rather focus on whether liberals plan to take their guns or the NSA is monitoring their phone than they would on whether the good folks at Langley might have created the terror groups that now threaten to infiltrate and attack Western targets. Further, having never held elected office, Trump has the luxury of appealing to common sense when assessing things like Syria’s five-year conflict. You needn’t know anything about the Sunni-Shiite divide or about the Alawite government or the Baathists or about Assad’s connections to the IRGC and Hassan Nasrallah’s army to understand that America’s attempts to bring about regime change in the Mid-East have gone horribly awry and that fighting Assad while also fighting the people that are fighting Assad makes absolutely no sense.

In other words, when you have no conception of the nuances, you are free to appeal to common sense and that’s exactly what Trump did when The New York Times sat down with the GOP frontrunner to discuss foreign policy. Here’s the exchange between Trump and David Sanger with regard to Bashar al-Assad and Islamic State’s illicit and highly lucrative oil trafficking business which apparently no one but Russia wants to destroy:

SANGER: One more along the lines of your ISIS strategy. You’ve seen the current strategy, which is, you’ve seen Secretary Kerry trying to seek a political accord between President Assad and the rebel forces, with Assad eventually leaving. And then the hope is to turn all those forces, including Russia and Iran, against ISIS. Is that the right way to do it? Do you have an alternative approach?

TRUMP: Well, I thought the approach of fighting Assad and ISIS simultaneously was madness, and idiocy. They’re fighting each other and yet we’re fighting both of them. You know, we were fighting both of them. I think that our far bigger problem than Assad is ISIS, I’ve always felt that. Assad is, you know I’m not saying Assad is a good man, ’cause he’s not, but our far greater problem is not Assad, it’s ISIS.

SANGER: I think President Obama would agree with that.

TRUMP: O.K., well, that’s good. But at the same time – yeah, he would agree with that, I think to an extent. But I think, you can’t be fighting two people that are fighting each other, and fighting them together. You have to pick one or the other. And you have to go at –

SANGER: So how would your strategy differ from what he’s doing right now?

TRUMP: Well I can only tell you – I can’t tell you, because his strategy, it’s open and it would seem to be fighting ISIS but he’s fighting it in such a limited capacity. I’ve been saying, take the oil. I’ve been saying it for years. Take the oil. They still haven’t taken the oil. They still haven’t taken it. And they hardly hit the oil. They hardly make a dent in the oil.

SANGER: The oil that ISIS is pumping.

TRUMP: Yes, the oil that ISIS is pumping, where they’re getting tremendous amounts of revenue. I’ve said, hit the banking channels. You know, they have very sophisticated banking channels, which I understand, but I don’t think a lot of people do understand. You know, they’re taking in tremendous amounts of money from banking channels. That, you know, many people in countries that you think are our allies, are giving ISIS tremendous amounts of money and it’s going through very dark banking channels. And we should have stopped those banking channels long ago and I think we’ve done nothing to stop them, and that money is massive. Massive. It’s a massive amount of money. So it’s not only from oil, David, it’s from also the bank, the bank. It’s through banks. And very sophisticated channels. They call them the dark channels. Very sophisticated channels. And money is coming in from people that we think are our allies.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but that's about the most straightforward, sober assessment of the situation imaginable. However, were Trump to win the national election, he'll quickly discover - and this is exceedingly unfortunate - that common sense simply cannot be the basis for US foreign policy in the modern world.

That is, a principled, upfront approach to geopolitics is what's needed, but thanks to the fact that Washington, through decades of underhanded meddling and clandestine dealings, has woven quite the tangled web, common sense will everywhere and always trip over the lunacy that is US foreign policy. Whether or not Trump can change that is debatable and if he can't, it will be through no fault of his own.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-27/trump-fighting-assad-and-isis-same-time-idiocy-allies-are-funding-terrorists

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 04:31:02 PM

Given voters’ generalized lack of insight into the specifics and overarching desire to be left in the dark about anything that suggests modern geopolitics can’t be summed up as a black and white, West versus everyone, good versus evil, struggle to restore a benevolent American hegemony, candidates must be careful to convey a deep understanding of the issues without confusing a largely ignorant electorate.

That reminds me of a joke from Yes, Prime Minister. Sir Humphrey said to Hacker, all the general public needs to know is "who are the goodies and who are the baddies."

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

galdur

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 05:14:08 PM

Given voters’ generalized lack of insight into the specifics and overarching desire to be left in the dark about anything that suggests modern geopolitics can’t be summed up as a black and white, West versus everyone, good versus evil, struggle to restore a benevolent American hegemony, candidates must be careful to convey a deep understanding of the issues without confusing a largely ignorant electorate.

That reminds me of a joke from Yes, Prime Minister. Sir Humphrey said to Hacker, all the general public needs to know is "who are the goodies and who are the baddies."

Yeah, I remember that line. Wonder if the clip is on youtube.

Flozbrand

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

@flozbrand - Follow us on Twitter!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 05:14:46 PM

Well, I really hate Trump.
But if it's Hillary VS Trump in general, I'll vote Trump without a doubt.

Either we fix this messed up country in 2017 or we need to burn it down so people can wake up.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 10:21:09 PM

Well, I really hate Trump.
But if it's Hillary VS Trump in general, I'll vote Trump without a doubt.

Either we fix this messed up country in 2017 or we need to burn it down so people can wake up.

That's an interesting point of view.

I don't hate him.  But this isn't a personality contest and I'm not looking for "My imaginary friend, the Prez."

A lot of people I have done business with because I knew they would deliver, I did not particularly "like."
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:04:39 AM

Trump still needs 498 out of the remaining 944 delegates to win the nomination

If he fails to get the required 52.75% of the remaining delegates... brokered convention!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:04:42 AM

If he fails to get the required 52.75% of the remaining delegates... brokered convention!

All that this means is that EITHER the back room enemies of the people select someone that Hitler can and will beat, or that the Repubs let Trump run with it.

So either way, Ex repubs and Ex dems need to be for trump.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:31:24 AM

All that this means is that EITHER the back room enemies of the people select someone that Hitler can and will beat, or that the Repubs let Trump run with it.

So either way, Ex repubs and Ex dems need to be for trump.

Yep.

galdur

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:51:49 AM

Published on Mar 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuraprYFrz0

Senior GOP official Curly Haugland "We choose the nominee, not the voters"

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don't hold primaries or caucuses.

Even with Trump's huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.

This could lead to a brokered convention, in which unbound delegates, like Haugland, could play a significant swing role on the first ballot to choose a nominee.

Most delegates bound by their state's primary or caucus results are only committed on the first ballot. If subsequent ballots are needed, virtually all of the delegates can vote any way they want, said Gary Emineth, another unbound delegate from North Dakota.

"It could introduce Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, or it could be the other candidates that have already been in the race and are now out of the race [such as] Mike Huckabee [or] Rick Santorum. All those people could eventually become candidates on the floor," Emineth said.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, who decided not to run for the White House this year, said in a CNBC interview Tuesday he won't categorically rule out accepting the GOP nomination if a deadlocked convention were to turn to him. But on Wednesday, a Ryan spokeswoman said the speaker would not accept a Republican nomination for president at a divided convention.

Democrats experienced the last true brokered presidential convention to go beyond the first ballot in 1952. Republicans came close at their 1976 convention.

"The rules haven't kept up," Haugland said. "The rules are still designed to have a political party choose its nominee at a convention. That's just the way it is. I can't help it. Don't hate me because I love the rules."

Haugland said he sent a letter to each campaign alerting them to a rule change he's proposing, which would allow any candidate who earns at least one delegate during the nominating process to submit his or her name to be nominated at this summer's convention.

If the GOP race continues at the same pace, Trump would likely have a plurality of delegates. So far, he's more than halfway to the 1,237 magic number.

Trump split Tuesday's winner-take-all primaries in Florida and Ohio.

The real estate mogul dominated in Florida over Sen. Marco Rubio, who dropped out of the race after losing his home state.

But Trump lost Ohio to the state's governor, John Kasich. Trump also won Illinois and North Carolina. He held a slim lead over Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in Missouri early Wednesday.

Emineth, also a former chairman of the North Dakota Republican Party, told "Squawk Box" in the same interview that he's concerned about party officials pulling "some shenanigan."

"You have groups of people who are going to try to take over the rules committee," he warned. "[That] could totally change everything, and mess things up with the delegates. And people across the country will be very frustrated."

"It's important that the Republican National Committee has transparency on what they're doing [on the rules] going into the convention and what happens in the convention," he continued. That's because of "all the votes that have been cast in caucuses and primaries. Don't disenfranchise those voters. Because at the end of the day, our goal is to beat Hillary Clinton or whoever their [Democratic] nominee is in November."

Emineth said he's worried that frustration would discourage Americans in the general election from voting Republican.

xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:55:05 AM

How the G.O.P. Elite Lost Its Voters to Donald Trump

The manufacturing executives had gathered in an Atlanta conference room last year to honor their senior United States senator, Johnny Isakson, for his tireless efforts on their behalf in Washington. But as the luncheon wound down, Mr. Isakson found himself facing a man from Coweta County. The man, Burl Finkelstein, said trade policies with Mexico and China were strangling the family-owned kitchen-parts company he helped manage, and imperiling the jobs it provided. Mr. Isakson politely brushed him off, Mr. Finkelstein recalled, as he had many times before.

So when the Georgia primary rolled around this month, Mr. Finkelstein, along with many others in his town, pulled the lever for Donald J. Trump, who made him feel that someone had finally started listening. “He gets it,” Mr. Finkelstein said in a recent interview. “We’ve sold ourselves out.”

As the Republican Party collapses on itself, conservative leaders struggling to explain Mr. Trump’s appeal have largely seized on his unique qualities as a candidate: his larger-than-life persona, his ability to dominate the airwaves, his tough-sounding if unrealistic policy proposals. Others ascribe Mr. Trump’s rise to the xenophobia and racism of Americans angry over their declining power.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-voters.html?_r=0

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:32:45 PM

Bikers for Trump riding into Wisconsin to stop Anti-Trump protests in Janesville

Donald Trump is ending his vacation with a rally in the Critical state of Wisconsin, tomorrow at 11AM. His event has already sold out, and a violent protest has been organized to cause mayhem and havoc as they did in Arizona and Illinois.

Enter the Bikers:

Patriotic Bikers, from all across the United States are planning to show up at ALL future TRUMP rallies to make sure that any paid agitator protesters don’t take away Mr. Trump’s right to speak. Or interfere with the rights of Trump supporters to safely attend. WE SHALL NOT BE SILENCED!

Nichole Mittness thought about 100 people would respond to a Facebook page inviting a protest of Donald Trump’s Janesville appearance.

As of midday Saturday, 1,200 had pledged to be there, and Mittness figured that meant 1,000 or so would show up on Tuesday.

“It’s really overwhelming. I was not anticipating this kind of response,” Mittness said.

While Mittness is working to have a peaceful protest that doesn’t interfere with the Trump event, Janesville police are preparing for any possibility.

Janesville Police Chief Dave Moore said Friday he didn’t yet know how many officers would be assisgned, but his department reached out to police agencies in Rock County, including the sheriff’s office, as well as the State Patrol, DNR and Dane County Sheriff’s Office.

The joint Beloit-Janesville-Rock County sheriff’s “mobile field force,” which specializes in crowd control, will be there, Moore said.

Moore noted the Janesville Conference Center holds 1,000 and said he expects “a substantial number of people” outside.

Trump’s event is scheduled for 3 p.m. The local protest is slated to begin at 11 a.m.

Police respect the constitutional right to freedom of speech, “and to the degree possible, we intend to allow all citizens to voice their opinions, but we will require that it be done in a peaceful and safe manner,” Moore said.

Inside the Janesville Conference Center—a part of the Holiday Inn Express—is a different story, Moore said.

If the Holiday Inn, Trump’s people or the U.S. Secret Service want disrupters removed, “It is private property, and that’s their right,” Moore said.

http://endingthefed.com/breaking-bikers-for-trump-riding-into-wisconsin-to-stop-anti-trump-protests-in-janesville.html#.Vvkcar4pWZA.twitter

kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:10:29 PM

srsly, lol bikers
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:36:54 PM

srsly, lol bikers

BIKERS VErSUS BERnIEHEADS

galdur

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:08:49 PM

TRUMP BECOMES GRANDFATHER AGAIN, LAMESTREAM MEDIA REMAIN MUM ABOUT THIS HAPPY EVENT

Funny how you never see pictures of a likeable Trump like this one in the major media. I've just checked the top 20 headline stories on Trump, and NOT A SINGLE ONE carries the news of his becoming a grandfather again. Instead, all of them allege how his opponents - Cruz and even Hillary - are allegedly gaining momentum on him.
I know it's all wishful thinking by the powers that be, but it is still amusing to see them squirming like that. Sometimes, silence speaks louder than words. As in this case.
This baby boy is Trump's 8th grandchild. He was born to his daughter Ivanka on this Easter Sunday. What a gift to the Trump family!

It will be interesting to see how the supporters of Bernie Sanders, which have been at times passionately and violently (!) opposed to Trump's candidacy, react to this "sign from the Divine."
Many of them ascribed the landing of a little bird on his speaking lectern in Portland, Oregon on Good Friday as "a sign of God." Implication: God is now supposedly endorsing this non-practicing Jew (meaning an atheist) for the presidency of the United States.

Interesting times we live in. Which, in case you're not aware, is a Chinese CURSE! ---Mr. Sixpack

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:25:54 AM

Hispanos, en la frontera y a favor de Trump

Barbara and James, two pro-Trump Hispanic voters living by the Mexican border

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:02:42 PM

Hispanos, en la frontera y a favor de Trump

Barbara and James, two pro-Trump Hispanic voters living by the Mexican border

There are a lot of these kinds of people.

Often they voted for Obama, and reset the lies they were suckered into.

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.
If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan."

The most dangerous thing about Trump is that he's really NOT A REPUBLICAN!   So none of the anti-Republican scare stories work.  Those are what Democrats rely on.  "He's anti-abortion!  Anti-Women!  Anti-EVERYTHING WE STAND FOR!"

Does not work with Trump.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:13:48 PM

Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:37:41 PM

The list, so far...

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: