Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:04:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572405 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 08:23:11 AM

Always downlike for Trump. He doesn't have the sense to give respect to the other nationals. Also he is not fixed to his statements, often makes some sort of change in his statements depending on the scenario.

I've been listening to what he's said for a week or two.  In almost every speech he expresses great respect for the capabilities of the Chinese and Mexican negotiators and puts down American ones in no uncertain terms.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 08:30:41 AM

Yes, he says babies and idiots are in charge. Or was it kittens?

At any rate; the president is a man-child at best.

galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:47:17 PM

Lobbyists: If Trump Wins, Military-Industrial Complex Will Move to Europe

The US defense industry and national security analysts have expressed growing alarm that a Donald Trump presidency may cost the defense industry billions of dollars in its illicit sales to repressive Middle East dictatorships, according to a recent report.

A “President Trump may prove offensive to Islamic leaders and those countries might seek alternative sources of weapons systems,” says Byron Callan, an analyst with Capital Alpha Partners. He suggests that this could benefit European weapon makers,

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160311/1036104214/lobbyists-warn-trump-will-cause-arms-makers-to-self-deport.html#ixzz42gegu2UB

Double standards or what!! Peace loving Democrats blaming Trump for losing sales of arms to terrorists. Couldn’t make it up.

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:40:38 PM

I'm curious why people believe Trump isn't part of the establishment...

He's marketed that way - and in 2016, thats where the market is at. It doesn't matter that its utter bullshit.

Combine this with the fact that when things go awry people want to believe in the strongman. A saviour, a father. A rock star. Something other. Anything.

Servility - it makes my skin crawl.

Looks like your going to be having a civil war if trump wins the white house.

That is certainly looking how it might well pan out from where I'm sat.
Donald Trump could create trouble in a graveyard - and the heady rhetoric will have to have meat put on its propogandist bones at some point, most likely when the shit hits the fan.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 01:43:41 PM

He's marketed that way - and in 2016, thats where the market is at. It doesn't matter that its utter bullshit.

Combine this with the fact that when things go awry people want to believe in the strongman. A saviour, a father. A rock star. Something other. Anything.

Donald Trump could create trouble in a graveyard - and the heady rhetoric will have to have meat put on its propogandist bones at some point, most likely when the shit hits the fan.

A bunch of repressed emotions let out this way, I just see it as a nice catharsis.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 02:13:19 PM

---------------------
... backfire...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 03:30:48 PM

Black Trump Supporter Accosted by Black Lives Matter Protesters

Afraid...

Not afraid!

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 04:01:48 PM

Here is how the 'rescheduled' Chicago rally would go if I were planning it.

- Choose a location near Rahm Emmanuel's neighborhood.

- Play it up as a huge thing to show them that 'they cannot push us around.'

- Pass out plenty of meth to kill boredom while waiting for the Trump people to arrive and for things to begin.

- Cancel the rally again, sit back, and enjoy the show.

I read a Trump supporter in another forum suggesting that a bunch of 'em do essentially the same thing to a Sanders rally - to make a point.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:22:09 PM

Well...have you seen what Chicago got? Be interesting to see what happens...but prior patterns suggest that The Donald will get stronger as a result.

Yes. He will. They are just making a stronger point to point out who is America's enemy...

Looks like Hillary comes out of this one the best since all the reports I've read implicate people supporting Sanders if they claim any sort of support at all.  MoveOn is often mentioned as are Black Lives Matter.  I've heard it said that both of these are Soros operations, or significantly funded by him, but I don't know that with any certainty.

One thing I found interesting was that the upcoming Cincinnati rally tomorrow is also canceled for 'security' reasons since the secret service did not have time to 'prepare the area.'  More interesting yet, it seems like Hannity did a phone interview with Trump tonight after the abortive rally rather than a video one for 'security reasons.'  What the hell does that mean?  When you have Romney speaking about Trump from under a big 'Hinkley' sign and Gergen (Bohemian Grove ringleader) mentioning that this looks like the Wallace situation 40 years ago where the candidate ended up getting shot, it seems that perhaps the gaggle of MoveOn folks may not be Trump's biggest security concern.

Given how much Establishment, Inc would like to be rid of the Donald, I'd say he has two best hopes.

- 1) as I speculated before, he's sitting on very high-quality information which he obtained before starting his bid, and
 - 2) a fair *and dynamic* number of people in all levels of government itself (police, secret service, etc) may very much like to see Trump become president and could thus be untrustworthy in an operation to take him out.

Clinton can turn around and blame bernie for the violence and win the DNC spot. She can turn around and blame the violence on TRUMP and win the DNC spot. It is a win-win for her and a lose-lose for bernie. No (regular) democrats will vote for him if they feel they have been bagged up with violent criminals. Bernie cannot just count on the berniebots to win. He needs everyone, but berniebots can't see the bigger picture and do not understand their mortal enemy is clinton right now.

While the berniebots are bathing in their thuggery.... That is why she will destroy bernie.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/708526634459078656

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:28:16 PM

- Pass out plenty of meth to kill boredom while waiting for the Trump people to arrive and for things to begin.

I read a Trump supporter in another forum suggesting that a bunch of 'em do essentially the same thing to a Sanders rally - to make a point.

It is less fruitful to protest a bernie rally when most TRUMP supporters have jobs and have to pay for their own transportation, not sponsored by george soros...

The majority of the MAGA Tribe understands we need to focus our energy for President TRUMP, not with brainless drones. Free speech is free speech.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:31:16 PM

Yes. It did.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:33:44 PM

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
 Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:15:29 PM

That's a point that's not going to be made.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:23:10 PM

Speaking for myself (but clearly a lot of other people feel the same way) the biggest question in my mind is whether Trump is a fraud.  That was the first focus of my exploration of the guy and it remains the most important thing to me.

When I first started trying to understand the guy, I thought that his positions on various things were a lot worse than I found them to be in reality.  This because the little bits of info that filtered in at random were overly puffed up by his detractors.

From early on I had been exposed to the theory that he was running a choke campaign to eventually install Clinton.  Being drawn to such theories, I gave it weight and put it on my list of things to look for when I got around to paying attention to the candidates.  I continue to hold it open as a theory, but I don't see a lot of evidence for it and see some to the contrary.  A modification of this theory is that he started out to help Hillary then realized he himself could win and is going for it, and he does seems to be as serious as a heart attack about wining now.  Yet another modification is that it's a win/win for him in that it makes his 'Trump brand' more valuable even if he loses.  I think he himself has even admitted to this one.

One metric I use in trying to figure out if someone is for real is to use the 'what would I do' standard.  If I could see myself saying and doing something in certain situations, I don't rule out that someone else might also.  I think that if I were very wealthy and skilled and enjoyed doing 'con-man' stuff, I might run for president and I if I ran, I would run to win.  The reason I would would be exclusively to 'save the country' and I do agree that it is nearing the point of destruction in the way and for the reasons that Trump and Carson try to describe.  Thus, I don't think it is impossible that people with the same basic instincts would crawl out of the woodwork.

All votes for any candidate are to me a 'hail Mary' strategy.  Complicating this, I've thought many candidates I supported were OK all the way through and beyond their tenure only to conclude later in the study of history that I was wrong.  At this point, I'm of the opinion that Trump is the best example of a 'high risk, high reward' candidate.  I'm inclined to take that chance mostly since we as a nation are so close to annihilation anyway and it is a near certainty that almost every other candidate will march us in that direction quick-time.

Put another way, Trump is like Bitcoin to me.  'High risk, high reward', with the odds of successes, while being low, not as low as some people think for some underlying technical reasons.

With some exceptions, WHAT Trump has said has been inflammatory mostly because the political correctness has become so absurd.  HOW he said it is a different matter, but he can change how he says what he says on a dime because he truly is a showman/con-man (among other things.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:28:35 PM

Trump almost attacked in Dayton, OH. Great job by the Secret Service!

"He looked like he was reaching for his gun just before the Secret Service men came over to him."

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:31:34 PM

Speaking for myself (but clearly a lot of other people feel the same way) the biggest question in my mind is whether Trump is a fraud.  That was the first focus of my exploration of the guy and it remains the most important thing to me.

When I first started trying to understand the guy, I thought that his positions on various things were a lot worse than I found them to be in reality.  This because the little bits of info that filtered in at random were overly puffed up by his detractors.

From early on I had been exposed to the theory that he was running a choke campaign to eventually install Clinton.  Being drawn to such theories, I gave it weight and put it on my list of things to look for when I got around to paying attention to the candidates.  I continue to hold it open as a theory, but I don't see a lot of evidence for it and see some to the contrary.  A modification of this theory is that he started out to help Hillary then realized he himself could win and is going for it, and he does seems to be as serious as a heart attack about wining now.  Yet another modification is that it's a win/win for him in that it makes his 'Trump brand' more valuable even if he loses.  I think he himself has even admitted to this one.

One metric I use in trying to figure out if someone is for real is to use the 'what would I do' standard.  If I could see myself saying and doing something in certain situations, I don't rule out that someone else might also.  I think that if I were very wealthy and skilled and enjoyed doing 'con-man' stuff, I might run for president and I if I ran, I would run to win.  The reason I would would be exclusively to 'save the country' and I do agree that it is nearing the point of destruction in the way and for the reasons that Trump and Carson try to describe.  Thus, I don't think it is impossible that people with the same basic instincts would crawl out of the woodwork.

All votes for any candidate are to me a 'hail Mary' strategy.  Complicating this, I've thought many candidates I supported were OK all the way through and beyond their tenure only to conclude later in the study of history that I was wrong.  At this point, I'm of the opinion that Trump is the best example of a 'high risk, high reward' candidate.  I'm inclined to take that chance mostly since we as a nation are so close to annihilation anyway and it is a near certainty that almost every other candidate will march us in that direction quick-time.

Put another way, Trump is like Bitcoin to me.  'High risk, high reward', with the odds of successes, while being low, not as low as some people think for some underlying technical reasons.

With some exceptions, WHAT Trump has said has been inflammatory mostly because the political correctness has become so absurd.  HOW he said it is a different matter, but he can change how he says what he says on a dime because he truly is a showman/con-man (among other things.)

How do you factor variables like the pope and el chapo on the same line of attack? Con men attacking a fellow con man, to help harpy win?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:51:49 PM

+1
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:19:09 PM

+1

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:32:16 PM

Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:35:21 PM

Trump almost attacked in Dayton, OH. Great job by the Secret Service!

https://streamable.com/8ued[/center
"He looked like he was reaching for his gun just before the Secret Service men came over to him."
If you attack him he will grow stronger...
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: