Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572405 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:18:19 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 11:20:04 PM

This is how John Stuart Mill put it :-  “The relation between rich and poor, according to this theory (a theory also applied to the relation between men and women) should be only partly authoritative; it should be amiable, moral, and sentimental: affectionate tutelage on the one side, respectful and grateful deference on the other. The rich should be in loco parentis to the poor, guiding and restraining them like children.”

Replace "rich" with "government" and you've got the perfect behind-closed-doors rationale for Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, unemployment insurance, and the other structural beams of the middle-class welfare state.

Government ≠ welfare state.

Health care/social security/state education is paid for by the people for the people - in the UK at least. Govt., on the other hand, is paid for by the rich for the rich.

And whilst I know what you're driving at, no, I don't think you can replace "rich' with "government" in the above quote. My post, and the quote from JS Mill, is trying to explain how those that have fuck all can vote for someone who has everything. In the UK we called them the "working class Tory". Lots of people wracked their brains trying to undrstand the phenomena, what with it being completely counter intuitive. Yes, you could point to the ownership of the mass media, you could point to voter "aspiration". But one explanation was "deference".

If you do know what I'm driving at, you'll see how the middle-class welfare state inculcates a lot of deference to government period.

What's your objection to the so-called working-class Tories - that they don't vote as they ought? Well if so, the "working class Tory" might vote that way out of defiance! I presume you subscribe to some sort of "rational voting" theory. If you conclusion comes across to those blokes as an "order", they will vote Tory out of simple defiance. Defiance of the authorities which you respect and which they do not respect.

Why'm I strollin' down this lane? Because in America, that tendency is quite evident. Lots of folks have jumped on the Trump train in part to show scorn for authorities they do not respect. Just ask one of our resident Trumpers how much mileage Mr. Trump has gotten by his open defiance of "political correctness" [politicized etiquette] and his repeated calling-out of the "very dishonest" media. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:53:02 PM

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:54:52 PM

This is how John Stuart Mill put it :-  “The relation between rich and poor, according to this theory (a theory also applied to the relation between men and women) should be only partly authoritative; it should be amiable, moral, and sentimental: affectionate tutelage on the one side, respectful and grateful deference on the other. The rich should be in loco parentis to the poor, guiding and restraining them like children.”

Replace "rich" with "government" and you've got the perfect behind-closed-doors rationale for Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, unemployment insurance, and the other structural beams of the middle-class welfare state.

Government ≠ welfare state.

Health care/social security/state education is paid for by the people for the people - in the UK at least. Govt., on the other hand, is paid for by the rich for the rich.

And whilst I know what you're driving at, no, I don't think you can replace "rich' with "government" in the above quote. My post, and the quote from JS Mill, is trying to explain how those that have fuck all can vote for someone who has everything. In the UK we called them the "working class Tory". Lots of people wracked their brains trying to undrstand the phenomena, what with it being completely counter intuitive. Yes, you could point to the ownership of the mass media, you could point to voter "aspiration". But one explanation was "deference".

What's your objection to the so-called working-class Tories - that they don't vote as they ought? Well if so, the "working class Tory" might vote that way out of defiance!

You're getting anally compromised by Mr Big - but hey, its his right to pitch it and, damn it, its your right to catch it and hold his umbrella if thats what you wish. Its your democratic right LOL.
Don't kid yourself.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but I've been watching too many Dan Pena motivational videos on youtube this evening - a man after Trumps heart. Thanks to Wilicons inexorable conservative US centric shilling for that one.

My objection to the working class tory is much the same objection that I might have to the man trying to put out his house fire by throwing petrol on it.

I presume you subscribe to some sort of "rational voting" theory.
  Rational voting would be nice, yes. Individuals making informed choices.

...in America..... Lots of folks have jumped on the Trump train in part to show scorn for authorities they do not respect.

Trump is the authority - and you are the Uncle Tom.

You've been had.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:59:11 PM

People were just going crazy in New York and Arizona...
It's pretty insane to see protesters organize on a national level,
But no one seems to pay attention when it happens, it seems organic to them.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:10:31 AM

People were just going crazy in New York and Arizona...
It's pretty insane to see protesters organize on a national level,
But no one seems to pay attention when it happens, it seems organic to them.

If you want to tell a grassroots-based citizen movement vs an astroturf one, take a look at their signs. Hand made or... professionally made with websites, email addresses, etc...

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:28:10 AM

Will he really build a wall?
I read it can be done, it would cost about 8 Billion and could be done in 4 years, the same amount of time he would be in office.
I think he will.

He will build the wall, he's a builder and a damn good one at that. His hotels are so luxurious, I love visiting them.

The cost, $8 billion, will not cost a single penny out of tax payers pockets, either. It will all be funded by Mexico. Before you cry, Mexico won't pay for the wall, understand that our trade deficits with Mexico are extremely big and $8 billion is just a tiny, tiny fraction compared to what they owe to us. They will pay whether they hand us a cheque or not.

Who knows.... Maybe the wall could have built in hotel rooms, swimming pools, and cycling tracks on top...

Smiley

Not only that but the wall is an equal opportunity employer.  It can hire Mexicans to build it, and staff the hotels on the inside, and be guards on the outside.  Mexicans to keep Mexicans from crossing the border!

Tourists from Central America can come up and land their jet on the top of the wall, which does double duty as a runway.  Think of all the benefits.  The great interior walkway in the wall has a line running down the center.  Walk to the Mexican side, buy your weed, whores, every thing that Mexico has to offer.  Walk to the American side, get your Mexican food.

We do do the Mexican food better than they do.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:34:09 AM

Will he really build a wall?
I read it can be done, it would cost about 8 Billion and could be done in 4 years, the same amount of time he would be in office.
I think he will.

He will build the wall, he's a builder and a damn good one at that. His hotels are so luxurious, I love visiting them.

The cost, $8 billion, will not cost a single penny out of tax payers pockets, either. It will all be funded by Mexico. Before you cry, Mexico won't pay for the wall, understand that our trade deficits with Mexico are extremely big and $8 billion is just a tiny, tiny fraction compared to what they owe to us. They will pay whether they hand us a cheque or not.

Who knows.... Maybe the wall could have built in hotel rooms, swimming pools, and cycling tracks on top...

Smiley

Not only that but the wall is an equal opportunity employer.  It can hire Mexicans to build it, and staff the hotels on the inside, and be guards on the outside.  Mexicans to keep Mexicans from crossing the border!

Tourists from Central America can come up and land their jet on the top of the wall, which does double duty as a runway.  Think of all the benefits.  The great interior walkway in the wall has a line running down the center.  Walk to the Mexican side, buy your weed, whores, every thing that Mexico has to offer.  Walk to the American side, get your Mexican food.

Yes... As long as you stay clear from Chipotle...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:40:31 AM

Beg to differ.  The best Mexican food I've ever had is at a gut truck in Eastern Oregon where the guys didn't speak a word of English and the rest of the clientele were distinctly Mexican looking and sounding.  The second-best was at a gas station stand in Mexico where they had hotdogs wrapped in bacon.  I had to go back for thirds.  Of course I was hungry as hell which always helps.

One could make technical arguments that neither of these instances represent 'Mexican' food, but I would argue otherwise.  I will also say that I had very favorable results at most small Mexican food places when I lived in Texas.  Again though, there was a correlation between a language barrier (me being mono-lingual) and the tastiness of the food.  Down in Southern Texas I found the lingua franca to be Spanish as well as the signage.  After a while it dawned on me that these people were in fact 'as American as apple pie' given they way borders had evolved.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 01:04:23 AM

[You're getting anally compromised by Mr Big - but hey, its his right to pitch it and, damn it, its your right to catch it and hold his umbrella if thats what you wish. Its your democratic right LOL.
Don't kid yourself.
Sorry if that sounds harsh

Nothing wrong with being harsh, and there's certainly nothing wrong with being partisan - which you are.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:06:58 AM

Beg to differ.  The best Mexican food I've ever had is at a gut truck in Eastern Oregon where the guys didn't speak a word of English and the rest of the clientele were distinctly Mexican looking and sounding.  The second-best was at a gas station stand in Mexico where they had hotdogs wrapped in bacon.  I had to go back for thirds.  Of course I was hungry as hell which always helps.

One could make technical arguments that neither of these instances represent 'Mexican' food, but I would argue otherwise.  I will also say that I had very favorable results at most small Mexican food places when I lived in Texas.  Again though, there was a correlation between a language barrier (me being mono-lingual) and the tastiness of the food.  Down in Southern Texas I found the lingua franca to be Spanish as well as the signage.  After a while it dawned on me that these people were in fact 'as American as apple pie' given they way borders had evolved.

Hot dogs wrapped in bacon?  hmm....

You know what?

We'll just have to have yearly contests deep in the interior of that gigantic wall.   That's the only way to figgur if American Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans) is better than Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans).   This is a serious problem. 

We got to tell Trump about it.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:29:50 AM

You know what?

We'll just have to have yearly contests deep in the interior of that gigantic wall.   That's the only way to figgur if American Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans) is better than Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans).   This is a serious problem. 

The contest would create an uncontrollable craving from all that delicious flavor and the TRUMP Wall could be stressed beyond its original capacity....

Wink

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:39:38 AM

You know what?

The contest would create an uncontrollable craving from all that delicious flavor and the TRUMP Wall could be stressed beyond its original capacity....

Wink

it's likely to be a very strong wall, capable of withstanding insults like trump does.

And remember, that mound of people trying to get to the hot dog, they're trying to get to the Mexican side.

We don't have bacon wrapped hot dogs here in the US.....
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:43:08 AM

You know what?

Wink

it's likely to be a very strong wall, capable of withstanding insults like trump does.

And remember, that mound of people trying to get to the hot dog, they're trying to get to the Mexican side.

Not yet. But... If you build it, they will come... for the bacon wrapped hot dog that is...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:49:12 AM

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:49:22 AM

Fuckin' NAFTA!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:16:26 AM

Fuckin' NAFTA!

We still have our bacon wrapped beef filet.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:26:39 AM

Black Trump supporter beats up liberal protestor dressed like KKK

Let's see how the media will spin this...

Cool

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:34:11 AM

Fuckin' NAFTA!

Yet another reason to vote for Trump.

Back in the 70's there was some talk about humans of the future getting their protein from insects.  Now it's hard to find a 'New Scientist' magazine which lacks are article about it.  When we are bound by international trade pacts adjudicated by a tribunal which reports to the UN security council, I expect that most of us will be lucky to get a few grasshopper legs assigned to our quota.  Even the first lady (or dude) will probably choke down a few for a photo-op (then go back to enjoying her bacon wrapped beef filet when the cameras are gone of course.)

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:42:33 AM

Fuckin' NAFTA!

Yet another reason to vote for Trump.

Back in the 70's there was some talk about humans of the future getting their protein from insects.  Now it's hard to find a 'New Scientist' magazine which lacks are article about it.  When we are bound by international trade pacts adjudicated by a tribunal which reports to the UN security council, I expect that most of us will be lucky to get a few grasshopper legs assigned to our quota.  Even the first lady (or dude) will probably choke down a few for a photo-op (then go back to enjoying her bacon wrapped beef filet when the cameras are gone of course.)

Insect meat is not bad... Compared to that artificial meat made out of human feces from the sewer in japan. Yeah.... No way I am gonna google that for you...

Lips sealed

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: