Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Up Like Trump  (Read 572405 times)
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:46:52 AM

We must eat bugs to fight global warming....

"""Supporters hope that the environmental benefits can help people overcome such disgust reactions. The food and agriculture sector ranks third in global greenhouse gas emissions, behind power production and transportation. With the world’s population projected to hit nine billion by 2050, we’ll need more food than ever. Plus, rising temperatures can make that food more difficult to grow in many places.

That has put the spotlight on meat. A 2013 report from the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said that livestock account for 14.5 percent of manmade greenhouse gas emissions, while mainstream American practices, like using soy and wheat for feed, make it worse.

Bugs, by contrast, don’t emit harmful gases directly, and they use far less feed and water. According to the FAO, crickets use six times less feed than cattle and twice as much as pigs for the same amount of protein (although a recent University of California study has said some of those estimates might be overstated). Here’s how a well-known entomophagist described it to the New York Times Magazine in 2008: “Cows and pigs are the SUVs; bugs are the bicycles.”"""

“Out poked two antennae”: Crafting an insect-based dinner party
It's an evening of entomology—cooking, eating, and trying to understand an insect diet.

by Jason Plautz - Mar 7, 2016 2:30pm UTC

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/03/this-could-be-the-food-of-the-future-if-you-can-handle-it/2/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:49:57 AM

We must eat bugs to fight global warming....

"""Supporters hope that the environmental benefits can help people overcome such disgust reactions. The food and agriculture sector ranks third in global greenhouse gas emissions, behind power production and transportation. With the world’s population projected to hit nine billion by 2050, we’ll need more food than ever. Plus, rising temperatures can make that food more difficult to grow in many places.

That has put the spotlight on meat. A 2013 report from the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said that livestock account for 14.5 percent of manmade greenhouse gas emissions, while mainstream American practices, like using soy and wheat for feed, make it worse.

Bugs, by contrast, don’t emit harmful gases directly, and they use far less feed and water. According to the FAO, crickets use six times less feed than cattle and twice as much as pigs for the same amount of protein (although a recent University of California study has said some of those estimates might be overstated). Here’s how a well-known entomophagist described it to the New York Times Magazine in 2008: “Cows and pigs are the SUVs; bugs are the bicycles.”"""

“Out poked two antennae”: Crafting an insect-based dinner party
It's an evening of entomology—cooking, eating, and trying to understand an insect diet.

by Jason Plautz - Mar 7, 2016 2:30pm UTC

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/03/this-could-be-the-food-of-the-future-if-you-can-handle-it/2/

Writing an article about something the author will never eat everyday, for the rest of his life...

galdur

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:55:01 AM

Personally I´m not interested in eating insects but they´re probably perfectly OK as food, at least some of them. Maybe they´ll ground them up and mix in with other foodstuffs and feed and introduce it gradually that way. It may even have started for all I know.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:57:16 AM

We don't have bacon wrapped hot dogs here in the US.....

Fuckin' NAFTA!

We still have our bacon wrapped beef filet.

Yet another reason to vote for Trump.

Back in the 70's there was some talk about humans of the future getting their protein from insects.  Now it's hard to find a 'New Scientist' magazine which lacks are article about it.  When we are bound by international trade pacts adjudicated by a tribunal which reports to the UN security council, I expect that most of us will be lucky to get a few grasshopper legs assigned to our quota.  Even the first lady (or dude) will probably choke down a few for a photo-op (then go back to enjoying her bacon wrapped beef filet when the cameras are gone of course.)

Insect meat is not bad... Compared to that artificial meat made out of human feces from the sewer in japan. Yeah.... No way I am gonna google that for you...

Lips sealed

Here's the way to handle this shit.

Put armed guards around the UN HQ; don't let them in or out.  For a week.  Delivery trucks are allowed IN, with bug food.  Only bug food.

After a week you pull the guards, and they are free to come and go.

You'll never hear about bug food again.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:57:29 AM

Personally I´m not interested in eating insects but they´re probably perfectly OK as food, at least some of them. Maybe they´ll ground them up and mix in with other foodstuffs and feed and introduce it gradually that way. It may even have started for all I know.

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/cochineal-bug-feature/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:03:28 AM

I am a believer in knowing how to eat bugs, since one day your life might just depend on it.  Stranded in the middle of nowhere, etc.  Quite a few details to successful and happy bug eating.  I am also a believer in eating penquins and polar bears. 
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 03:04:30 AM

Black Trump supporter beats up liberal protestor dressed like KKK

Let's see how the media will spin this...

Cool

Was there a hood on that guy? Didn't see it when he got up. Saw the chick with the hood though (which she took off)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:09:06 AM

We do do the Mexican food better than they do.

Beg to differ.  The best Mexican food I've ever had is at a gut truck in Eastern Oregon where the guys didn't speak a word of English and the rest of the clientele were distinctly Mexican looking and sounding.  The second-best was at a gas station stand in Mexico where they had hotdogs wrapped in bacon.  I had to go back for thirds.  Of course I was hungry as hell which always helps.

One could make technical arguments that neither of these instances represent 'Mexican' food, but I would argue otherwise.  I will also say that I had very favorable results at most small Mexican food places when I lived in Texas.  Again though, there was a correlation between a language barrier (me being mono-lingual) and the tastiness of the food.  Down in Southern Texas I found the lingua franca to be Spanish as well as the signage.  After a while it dawned on me that these people were in fact 'as American as apple pie' given they way borders had evolved.

Hot dogs wrapped in bacon?  hmm....

You know what?

We'll just have to have yearly contests deep in the interior of that gigantic wall.   That's the only way to figgur if American Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans) is better than Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans).   This is a serious problem. 

We got to tell Trump about it.

The contest would create an uncontrollable craving from all that delicious flavor and the TRUMP Wall could be stressed beyond its original capacity....

Wink

it's likely to be a very strong wall, capable of withstanding insults like trump does.

And remember, that mound of people trying to get to the hot dog, they're trying to get to the Mexican side.

Not yet. But... If you build it, they will come... for the bacon wrapped hot dog that is...

In Trump Wall Land, there will be no bug burgers, y solamente los perros caliente tocino, hombre.  Muchos y muchos, con tazas gigantes de cerveza. 
galdur

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:11:01 AM

Yeah, of course insects and bugs are everywhere. It´s practically impossible to produce food without some parts of them getting in there. (coffee: 10 percent infestation of beans allowed) Not that surprising.

galdur

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:17:33 AM

The average person eats up to 157.4 pounds of bugs in his lifetime. In cultures where insects are a normal part of the diet, this number is much higher.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration allows a certain amount of insect parts to be contained in foods. The amount varies based on the food, but the average American probably eats 1 or 2 pounds of insect parts per year. As of 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists the average American life expectancy as 78.7 years. This means that most Americans eat between 78.7 and 157.4 pounds of insects in their lives.

And then people inevitably eat bugs accidentally.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:17:52 AM

We do do the Mexican food better than they do.

Beg to differ.  The best Mexican food I've ever had is at a gut truck in Eastern Oregon where the guys didn't speak a word of English and the rest of the clientele were distinctly Mexican looking and sounding.  The second-best was at a gas station stand in Mexico where they had hotdogs wrapped in bacon.  I had to go back for thirds.  Of course I was hungry as hell which always helps.

One could make technical arguments that neither of these instances represent 'Mexican' food, but I would argue otherwise.  I will also say that I had very favorable results at most small Mexican food places when I lived in Texas.  Again though, there was a correlation between a language barrier (me being mono-lingual) and the tastiness of the food.  Down in Southern Texas I found the lingua franca to be Spanish as well as the signage.  After a while it dawned on me that these people were in fact 'as American as apple pie' given they way borders had evolved.

Hot dogs wrapped in bacon?  hmm....

You know what?

We'll just have to have yearly contests deep in the interior of that gigantic wall.   That's the only way to figgur if American Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans) is better than Mexican Mexican food (made by Mexicans).   This is a serious problem. 

We got to tell Trump about it.

The contest would create an uncontrollable craving from all that delicious flavor and the TRUMP Wall could be stressed beyond its original capacity....

Wink

it's likely to be a very strong wall, capable of withstanding insults like trump does.

And remember, that mound of people trying to get to the hot dog, they're trying to get to the Mexican side.

Not yet. But... If you build it, they will come... for the bacon wrapped hot dog that is...

In Trump Wall Land, there will be no bug burgers, y solamente los perros caliente tocino, hombre.  Muchos y muchos, con tazas gigantes de cerveza. 

La fiesta!

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 03:19:54 AM

I am a believer in knowing how to eat bugs, since one day your life might just depend on it.  Stranded in the middle of nowhere, etc.  Quite a few details to successful and happy bug eating.  I am also a believer in eating penquins and polar bears. 

You know what's funny? Despite the, ah, buggy nature of what those global-warming folks are flacking - if you look at it from another angle, it shows the questionableness of all those overpopulation doomsters. They're like those "world is running out of oil" types: they seem tough-minded and they do present themselves as tell-it-like-it-is folks, but they always get shown up by technological advancement.

It's really amazing: how many scrapes we humans have pulled each other out of, thanks to good ol' human ingenuity.

And cryptocurrency is very much part of it! We're slowly building the fintech infrastructure that could get us through a new Dark Ages. I'm not kidding. What made the Dark Ages the Dark Ages was the shattering of the Roman Empire into a huge crazy-quilt of little polities. Crypto can bridge that gap, so long as the Internet is still around. And even if it isn't, I'm sure someone somewhere can throw together an ersatz that could run over (say) ham radio. In a profound way, we're building an insurance policy against a cat-5 economic collapse.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:26:06 AM

Insect meat is not bad... Compared to that artificial meat made out of human feces from the sewer in japan. Yeah.... No way I am gonna google that for you...

Lips sealed

Could not resist.

Here's the way to handle this shit.

Put armed guards around the UN HQ; don't let them in or out.  For a week.  Delivery trucks are allowed IN, with bug food.  Only bug food.

After a week you pull the guards, and they are free to come and go.

You'll never hear about bug food again.

My solution:

- Re-locate the 'Japan Council on the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD-J)' to New York headquaters.

- Also re-locate Mitsuyuki Ikeda (Director of the Okayama UNESCO) to the same.

- Deliver some lab equipment and about 10 tons of freshly layed steamers.

- Seal the place for a year.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:28:03 AM

You know what's funny? Despite the, ah, buggy nature of what those global-warming folks are flacking - if you look at it from another angle, it shows the questionableness of all those overpopulation doomsters. They're like those "world is running out of oil" types: they seem tough-minded and they do present themselves as tell-it-like-it-is folks, but they always get shown up by technological advancement.

It's really amazing: how many scrapes we humans have pulled each other out of, thanks to good ol' human ingenuity.

And cryptocurrency is very much part of it! We're slowly building the fintech infrastructure that could get us through a new Dark Ages. I'm not kidding. What made the Dark Ages the Dark Ages was the shattering of the Roman Empire into a huge crazy-quilt of little polities. Crypto can bridge that gap, so long as the Internet is still around. And even if it isn't, I'm sure someone somewhere can throw together an ersatz that could run over (say) ham radio. In a profound way, we're building an insurance policy against a cat-5 economic collapse.

Some annoying troll brought the subject a while back....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154060.0

I can't stand this dude...

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:28:38 AM

I think they are laughing their asses off about making everyone eat bugs and drink piss-water.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
El3k0n

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

USA TRUMP USA TRUMP USA TRUMP

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:28:48 AM

TRUMP what whattttt  Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:31:41 AM

TRUMP what whattttt  Smiley

Hey! You found us! Welcome!

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 04:00:24 AM

I think they are laughing their asses off about making everyone eat bugs and drink piss-water.

Well: if it helps, those folks are eating into the plausibility of the overpopulation floggers. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:07:18 AM

Black Trump supporter beats up liberal protestor dressed like KKK

Let's see how the media will spin this...

I had to watch it a few times to figure out what was what.  Who knows in any of these things who is staging what (if anything), but this could be a real gift for Trump.  I would suggest he give a lecture which goes something like this:

"As your next president, I need to try to get those on the Left to understand that African Americans have some understandable cultural sensitivities to people wearing KKK garb.  Many African Americans have had family members killed by this awful hate group and others.  Although it is inappropriate to physically assault people for any reason, it is equally inappropriate to make light of the serious problem of hate in our society.  It is wrong, and it is no joking matter."

tunctioncloud

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:16:34 AM

why so much people like trump? i saw few days ago a letter from a photographer, he will start a war for sure with russia
American people they think war have nothing to do with they , because war will be far far away from their country, but they think wrong
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 278 »
  Print  

Jump to: