Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:39:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417152 times)
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:17:17 PM

Just do not forget the most important thing - the government regulation. That it can negatively affect the development of the currency. For example, the Chinese government has tightened measures to cryptocurrency
That is true that is why bitcoin can never become or replace the international currencies, because governments cannot control it and its value is not stable and it is not related to any fixed market and that is why they are trying to prevent us from using through making it harder for us to use it.

It's very impossible for bitcoin to replace international currencies and even the local currencies of small country they are not going to let it happen. Because if that will happen they can be controlled by a big or a holder that has a lot of bitcoins stored to his wallet or to his cold storage.
Any currency is the blood of the economy of the state. It should be strictly under government control. Let me remind you that the responsibility of any Central Bank is the stability of the currency. How this can be facilitated by bitcoin[1]?

Yeah, it is indeed a big problem for bitcoin can be accepted in the Government. Because the main problem in the bitcoin is a control center, where it now has no bitcoin someone who holds control center or maybe he's just hiding to keep control it[2]. It does not mean if the higher price bitcoin special will be noticed by the bank, but it could happen otherwise. So, better enjoy every results we get and wiser in addressing growth bitcoin in order to benefit the good life and help

[1] Why should it be bitcoin's problem? We don't have to merge with the banks because it would cause a lot of problems, like how would we implement it, etc. We're already good as we are. We are our own banks. It would come to a time when we can buy almost everything using bitcoins and banks wouldn't be used that much anymore except for converting some of our bitcoins to fiat.

[2] Bitcoin is decentralized and you should look up an explanation as to why is it like that instead of thinking that someone is in control and is just hiding somewhere.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Gloiri

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:27:16 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
I don't think that it will be true because the government won't let the dollar be replaced completely. They will find something to fight the Bitcoin.
And I am very positive towards  the future of the Bitcoin because it keeps growing in worth and the community keeps getting bigger.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:59:54 PM

its just a thought even me i all thought bitcoin gonna place dollar soon but i realize and i made some research how can change dollars into usd when the price of bitcoin are depending on usd dollar first thing comes into my mind is dollar is the most use money in physical things and into other country but bitcoin is the only use is digital currency how can bitcoin change dollar if we can't even use our bitcoin to buy in physical things yet.

Bitcoin cannot replace the United States of America Dollars (USD) and the main reason is that bitcoin is not yet accepted in the mainstream. Another thing is that even if bitcoin is already in the mainstream it has no capacity to replace dollars due to the number of bitcoins in circulation which is lesser compared to the number of dollars in circulation. Possibly if there is an increase in the number of bitcoins it will be possible but many will disagree since that will cause the price of bitcoin to go down tremendously.
This is what i told on my comment bitcoin is just digital currency where it can't be a physical money to use like dollar , dollar is the most powerful money where you can easily exchange this whenever country you are. And i just read on one article that there no bitcoin will be mine maybe in next ten years? So how bitcoin can be reach the power of dollars right?

Y U MAD AT ME
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:20:37 PM

Bitcoin is facing a lot of issues recently, like the huge delay at the transactions to be confirmed, as well the pression to make us raise the fees to make the transaction complete is becoming a bad cenario to the future use of the coin, when there are altcoins wich keep the same tax, or hasnt fee at all. Dollars is main currencie and the strongest currencie at the moment used as savings for some people to protect their money over the years.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:37:49 AM

To the OPs post, there is no way that bitcoin will ever replace dollar or any stronger fiat, maybe some currency in a country that's hit by inflation. Tho, I don't think that bitcoin will ever become a currency as we know them, it's will probably remain as a secondary option next  to fiat.
That’s not the way you are talking that bitcoin cannot compete with dollar in anytime in the future.

If you come across the growth rate of bitcoin growth rate, then you will come know that bitcoin compete many such concurrency about which we can’t imagine before may be in future and according to bitcoin growth rate they may be compete with the price of dollar due to day by day increasing number of investor on it and trading growth on it.

Bitcoin is uncontrollable currency. I think it will take some time but near in future it will compete with dollar may be. Currently outnumbering gold's prices by reaching its ATH prices, soon it will $2000 levels. People's interest on bitcoin will be more than enough to make dollars as less used.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:33:37 AM

I'm still believing in the power of the dollar and all currencies in the world. I don't think so that it will replace dollar soon, there's a lot of reason to be considered like the regulations and laws.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:57:37 AM

I'm still believing in the power of the dollar and all currencies in the world. I don't think so that it will replace dollar soon, there's a lot of reason to be considered like the regulations and laws.

In the coming years, I am sure that dollar and all the local currencies will never be defeated by bitcoin at its features. The use of dollar is easier compared to bitcoin specially in real life. Not to mention the delays that keeps on happening when there is something happening, and maybe when there are a lot of user sends bitcoin.

Also, the transaction fee. If the price of bitcoin keeps on increasing, lots of transaction will be made and of course, if you pay small tx fee, then you'll experience being in the network unconfirmed.  Smiley

PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:36:18 PM

I dont believe this will take place in the near future and by that i mean 20-30years from now, uncle Sam dont wanna lose control over his currency, and be subject of manupulation from a chinese billionaire early BTC adopter , that would be a disaster from day one right ??
Maybe with another crypto-US-goverment-currency will do that, but then again we dont really know who Satoshi is/was ....  Cool
I also do not think that it is such an easy job. USD is still very strong and may be remain very strong in near future. In fact bitcoin is not yet so much mature that can replace USD. In fact still not more that 1% of the total population is using bitcoin therefore I do not think that it can be possible in near future.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:02:54 PM

In the coming years, I am sure that dollar and all the local currencies will never be defeated by bitcoin at its features. The use of dollar is easier compared to bitcoin specially in real life. Not to mention the delays that keeps on happening when there is something happening, and maybe when there are a lot of user sends bitcoin[1].

Also, the transaction fee[2]. If the price of bitcoin keeps on increasing, lots of transaction will be made and of course, if you pay small tx fee, then you'll experience being in the network unconfirmed[3].  Smiley

[1] To be honest, I've only experienced that once or twice in my entire bitcoin journey. People here are all ranting about how long did their transaction took to get confirmed. Uhmm, how about paying that very little transaction fee? That's not going to bankrupt you, right. And even without transaction fee, I've never experienced that. Actually, it's not that the bitcoin network is slow or the transaction time is always slow. It's only people are all ranting about that one time that their transaction didn't get confirmed as quickly as they thought it would.

[2] I never thought of the transaction fee as something big because most of us here are earning much much more than that. Like I said, it wouldn't lead to bankruptcy.

[3] Maybe, but not really. People that pay higher fees would be processed first. You simply get what you paid for. You would have to wait more than those people that paid higher fees but that doesn't mean that your transaction will never get confirmed eventually.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:17:41 PM

Absolutely right, now and also in future, bitcoin don't need to replace dollar. Because of many reasons, but in my thinking, bitcoin is creating because bitcoin is a sign of crypto, if bitcoin replace into dollar, than people don't believe on any crypto currency in future. 

soul-impact

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:32:53 PM

Absolutely right, now and also in future, bitcoin don't need to replace dollar. Because of many reasons, but in my thinking, bitcoin is creating because bitcoin is a sign of crypto, if bitcoin replace into dollar, than people don't believe on any crypto currency in future. 
Replace dollar, not replace into dollar. That means Bitcoin will totally eliminate dollar and become the world number one currency. And if it truly happens, Bitcoin can bring a lot of benefits and opportunities to people and help them to stay away from the decentralized system. With Bitcoin, we can protect or property safer and become anonymous on the internet

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

s0nicwall

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:55:34 PM

Considering his job and the field he is working in, Of course he needs to be a "bitcoin optimist".
I've been here for a little while now and I see how complete and good this system is, Practically can improve the way we view economy and money, Not to the extent of replacing USD or any physical currency soon though, Will take time to even take root in the digital payment field.
praboso96

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:33:48 PM

Unfortunately, you're right. The main reason for the fact that Bitcoin will not be recognized in the near future - this negative attitude of the government towards this currency
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

= jasad =

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 10:41:18 PM

Replace dollar, not replace into dollar. That means Bitcoin will totally eliminate dollar and become the world number one currency. And if it truly happens, Bitcoin can bring a lot of benefits and opportunities to people and help them to stay away from the decentralized system. With Bitcoin, we can protect or property safer and become anonymous on the internet
lol , too naive for those people who say bitcoin will replace dollar ,
dollar is a mega currency have a lot of factor to be exist and on top ,
while bitcoin recognized as a newcomer only ,
not much that could bitcoin do , too far away thinking about this kind scenario.
Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:27:31 AM

lol , too naive for those people who say bitcoin will replace dollar ,
dollar is a mega currency have a lot of factor to be exist and on top ,
while bitcoin recognized as a newcomer only ,
not much that could bitcoin do , too far away thinking about this kind scenario.
I don't know but there are people who really think that way, I guess we just have to respect them with their imagination. The way they think if you will analyze it closer will help us somehow, they will certainly make a demand which in general would help the price to move up.
At least in our end we know what we are doing as we know bitcoin is very limited.

ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:17:17 AM

It's not going to do it anytime soon or likely even within 15 years, but it could in our lifetime I reckon. I think more economic instability in certain countries and maybe another financial collapse/crisis will happen soon rather than later and that could bring in many new people to bitcoin which could have a snowball effect.

absolutely not. there is no point in thinking it ever will replace any major fiat currency. just stop thinking/hoping that it will happen. it will not.

Why will it not? If in the future bitcoin keeps going up and fiat keeps going down which is what happens when they print more of it on a whim people might wise up. Money should grow over time not devalue and bitcoin could solve this and that's what's great about a deflationary currency.
Well we must consider the fact that the bitcoin has limited resources, at some point in the future there will be no more bitcoin enough to support the rising number of users and frankly why do you think that they are doing the halving every now and then in order to make it harder for people to get bitcoin, so is bitcoin going to replace the dollar not at the current state.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:44:56 AM

It's not going to do it anytime soon or likely even within 15 years, but it could in our lifetime I reckon. I think more economic instability in certain countries and maybe another financial collapse/crisis will happen soon rather than later and that could bring in many new people to bitcoin which could have a snowball effect.

absolutely not. there is no point in thinking it ever will replace any major fiat currency. just stop thinking/hoping that it will happen. it will not.

Why will it not? If in the future bitcoin keeps going up and fiat keeps going down which is what happens when they print more of it on a whim people might wise up. Money should grow over time not devalue and bitcoin could solve this and that's what's great about a deflationary currency.
Well we must consider the fact that the bitcoin has limited resources, at some point in the future there will be no more bitcoin enough to support the rising number of users and frankly why do you think that they are doing the halving every now and then in order to make it harder for people to get bitcoin, so is bitcoin going to replace the dollar not at the current state.
If bitcoin has been the national currency it would just create a problem, just look at the scenario when you have a job and you are earning fixed btc amount and when the payday has come and the amount of btc becomes low it is not fair? Right? So, bitcoin should just one way or another mode of payment and/or just for trading/investing but not as a national currency.
asriloni
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1024

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:55:48 AM

Bitcoin is the digital currency and dollar is the real currency, and we can take a conclusion among bitcoin and dollar. it means dollar are can't fill the bitcoin's place and otherwise.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:23:14 AM

Bitcoin is the digital currency and dollar is the real currency, and we can take a conclusion among bitcoin and dollar. it means dollar are can't fill the bitcoin's place and otherwise.

Actually, dollar has more popularity than bitcoin, and now bitcoin has no need to replacement into dollar or any other fiat currency, So i don't think that we need to discuss about in this topic. But it is good to know everything about bitcoin for future wise. 
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 06:00:22 AM

To the OPs post, there is no way that bitcoin will ever replace dollar or any stronger fiat, maybe some currency in a country that's hit by inflation. Tho, I don't think that bitcoin will ever become a currency as we know them, it's will probably remain as a secondary option next  to fiat.
That’s not the way you are talking that bitcoin cannot compete with dollar in anytime in the future.

If you come across the growth rate of bitcoin growth rate, then you will come know that bitcoin compete many such concurrency about which we can’t imagine before may be in future and according to bitcoin growth rate they may be compete with the price of dollar due to day by day increasing number of investor on it and trading growth on it.

Bitcoin is uncontrollable currency. I think it will take some time but near in future it will compete with dollar may be. Currently outnumbering gold's prices by reaching its ATH prices, soon it will $2000 levels. People's interest on bitcoin will be more than enough to make dollars as less used.

Still this does not prove that Bitcoin will replace dollar.  It will never replace the dollar for the same reason that you have stated.  Government always want everything to be under their control.  And beside, the distribution model of Bitcoin is not favorable by the government idea of centralized distribution.
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: