Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people scared of taxes?  (Read 31486 times)
saniales

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

The LIX Platform - lixcoin.org

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:01:46 AM

People are not afraid of taxes, they are angry at governments because they have their money taken without services provided (which is what taxes are meant for)

I would be happy to pay even more than half of my gains in taxes if I can have guaranteed a lot of services

nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:39:44 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 04:55:20 PM by nebuch

Tax are knocking in your pocket every time you have an income as long as it is inline to the business partnership with the government. Not scared but just hiding and keep silent. Tax is necessary to help the government to improve the infrastructures, buildings, whatever the government projects. How much more if everyone contributes to have tax and pay it regularly.
Tax is unnecessary in necessary needs like Emergency. This kind of situation makes you to be scared to pay taxes. Because sometimes tax is bigger than your expenses. Really this feels you scared although this is wrong. Most of the times tax is in everything you needs such as foods,clothes,shelter, and many many more.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

I am not scared of taxes. What I really concern is the taxes I paid is not used on my family and the place I live. The tax may goes to many unreasonable ways. I don't want my money wasted. For example, I paid a lot of taxes, but my kids cannot get good education, and the road outside my house is so broken. So where is my money going to?

Issabin

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:45:55 PM

The level of education given in school on tax is not practical.People are afraid of parting with money when it's not wired to instant gratification.Corruption-Governments are run by corporations, most of it ends up in the pockets of government contractors (corporations).
cryptosy

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:02:16 PM

People just greed. They are used to complain that their government is corrupted (doesn't actually matter where you live). And at the same time they just don't pay any attention to the services they get in turn (police, medicine, transport, roads other infrustructure)
xrenderman

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:13:59 PM

People just greed. They are used to complain that their government is corrupted (doesn't actually matter where you live). And at the same time they just don't pay any attention to the services they get in turn (police, medicine, transport, roads other infrustructure)

Let's say I put a gun to your head, rob you and then bought paint for 1/3 of that money and painted your door(wich by the way you didn't need at all) the other day. Will that justify my actions?
rambi91

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:17:41 PM

I don't know why ppl are always scared of paying taxes.
taxes are actually a great thing but only if everyone pays them and if they are spend on useful things only. Just look out your window and you will see lots of things paid with your taxes you use everyday.
for the same reason people are scared of facing anything that’s unknown to them, plus it just so happens that wondering this unknown territory may land you a hefty fine
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:41:09 PM

I do not see anything wrong with taxes. But there is a problem in that in some countries taxes are collected too big and almost all that is possible. And all would be fine - but where are they going? Infrastructure as before does not develop and similar things.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rainmaximo

Activity: 175

E-Commerce For Blockchain Era

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:15:54 PM

I'm not scared paying my taxes because in my opinion it's a big help to our country the taxes that they deducted to me as long they use it in a good way like putting up a school, bridge, etc and use to help other people whose in need. Without tax how our country be successful country, get help to other country nahhh yes we need help or support to other country but as a citizen of my own country I should be the one in helping my country and one way of helping and support my country is to pay the right amount of tax.

▬▬▬[Storweey ]▬▬▬
  █████  E-Commerce For Blockchain Era ███████
▬▬▬● Telegram   ★★   whitepaper  ★FacebookTwitter  ●▬▬▬
locsta123

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:39:28 PM

They do not know where the money is going.
Jgatsby

Activity: 265

Pretty kewl right?

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:11:38 PM

Well who wants to be rob legally? where you can't do anything but accept it, I would agree to pay for it if my taxes will be used for development of my country not to the pockets of a the greedy government official.

That's unfair. A lot of it does go towards the development and maintenance of the country. But just like charities individuals within the system will abuse it.

it may sound unfair but its really happening, especially if you're living in the third world country where things like this normally happens, basing on my experience, though I'm not really generalizing.

CaptainN3mo

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:20:22 PM

Its because as you pay taxes you are expecting that the goverment will use it for the benifit of your country, but end up being rob.
lethargiclothaire15

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:43:21 AM

I guess it's innate to humans that when something important is taken away from us, we think or feel negatively at first. Arguably, that's why we don't like taxes in our payslips or receipts because we feel that the government is taking away a chunk of our money. However, when you look at the bigger picture,
we benefit from the roads and infrastructures that were created because of our taxes. On the other hand, there are projects that do not meet our expectations as consumers. After all, we should get our money's worth, right? This results to a cloud of doubt to whether our taxes are truly spend wisely by the government.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:43:54 AM

People are scared of taxes because it would be a decrease in their salary. Taxes would also mean a big sacrifice to their pockets.
swordling143

Activity: 360

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:53:19 AM

taxes are actually a great thing but only if everyone pays them and if they are spend on useful things only. Just look out your window and you will see lots of things paid with your taxes you use everyday.

People are scared of taxes simply because the earnings that they have is not enough for it to be taxed. It will be easy and convenient for the people if they weren't required to pay taxes. So in conclusion, people are not happy when the money they worked hard for gets deducted by the government. They are more angry than upset.
Yadou17

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:55:52 AM

I agree that taxes are a great thing! But in my country I see bad roads, dirty streets and a bad medecine outside the window. I also see expensive cars, suits and government houses. I respect taxes but do not like their way.
Kachievskiy

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:57:14 AM

Citizenship at birth. Responsibilities and rights yada yada.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:58:52 AM

It's quite easy, the only reason why we fear or taxes, or fear anything for that matter, is that we don't understand it as much as we would want to to became confident. I mean before, we fear a solar eclipse but now that we know better we even await it and watch it with awe. Studying, researching and really getting into taxes will help you get over that fear. Even, you can legally bend the laws to your favor to get out of paying you taxes and increase you tax rebates.

Rsocks

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:00:45 AM

tax is not bad, but not more than 10% of all incomes
Dbigfoot102

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:07:07 PM

I am happy to pay my taxes
I would be happy to pay taxes... voluntarily. Otherwise it's a robbery.

taxes are actually a great thing but only if everyone pays them and if they are spend on useful things only.
...if they are spend on useful things only...

Robbery - the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force Wink
Good day sir! Allow me to express my thoughts about robbery. It cannot be argued that robbery is done by force and since a person is not asked by force technically by definition it's not robbery that is done by the corrupt and greedy politicians. And you are correct. We may just call it stealing though. And its usually done in silent mode. Yet I don't oppose paying taxes, but only for those whose hands are so big to grasps it all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: