Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 04:41:21 PM

I still dont understand how a class action lawsuit works while the company is in receivership. The people involved in the lawsuit should not get preference over all the other investors that lost money, and with the terms listed... 33% to the lawyers and exchange value back at the 11/15 price value of the coins makes this look horrible.

How does this work?

IANAL of course, but usually all class members get the proceeds (or what's left after the lawyers get their cut). "Class member" usually means everyone who meets the criteria set by the court, unless they opt out (e.g. to pursue their own lawsuits if they think they can do better). I haven't been following this closely, so not sure how it plays out in this specific case - e.g. whether the payouts would be distributed proportional to customer's deposit value on a certain date etc - but I would imagine that everyone is getting screwed and that's not because of the class action or some other legal reason, but simply because the money is gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fakecryptsynagger

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 04:55:57 PM

I still dont understand how a class action lawsuit works while the company is in receivership. The people involved in the lawsuit should not get preference over all the other investors that lost money, and with the terms listed... 33% to the lawyers and exchange value back at the 11/15 price value of the coins makes this look horrible.

How does this work?

Its up to you continue fight or accept that settlement .
Many big accounts user cryptsy they don't effect with this
Little rabbit traders of cryptsy they get effect if they accepted this way

(I don't forget Vern ,he doing gambling in positive way/ not sure how much time take to clarify debate  ) 

Army word fight when you stronger then enemy's
Don't fight or highlight your self when you weak
  .( battle win by brain ,not by power )
fakecryptsynagger

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 05:31:19 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/cryptsy-class-action-settlement/

News up
Cryptsy Class Action to Settle With Ex-Wife of Troubled CEO

“As a result, even though a Default has been entered against Vernon, recovering any relief from him will likely require extensive, costly and time-consuming post-judgment litigation to locate and secure assets, even assuming such assets could ever be located, seized and converted into US dollars.”

CC-Resurgam

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I Shall Rise Again From The Ashes Of My Failures.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 07:33:56 PM

it really sucks that without documentation you cant claim anything. like i would have documentation when i couldnt even get access to my account when it was all happening a fucking year ago.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄                  ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄            ▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░▌        ▐░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌░▌     ▐░▐░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌▐░▌ ▐░▌▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌ ▐░▐░▌  ▐░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌   ▐░▌    ▐░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌     ▀      ▐░▌
▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌                                        ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
  ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀                  ▀    ▀                 ▀
     ▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:46:16 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/cryptsy-class-action-settlement/

News up
Cryptsy Class Action to Settle With Ex-Wife of Troubled CEO

“As a result, even though a Default has been entered against Vernon, recovering any relief from him will likely require extensive, costly and time-consuming post-judgment litigation to locate and secure assets, even assuming such assets could ever be located, seized and converted into US dollars.”

Poor Lorie Nettles didn't know anything is spite of ...

https://www.elance.com/s/pevernon/resume/

No way he owns a datacenter. He just rented a few racks.

Whether he owns the equipment outright or not, Paul Vernon has at least one favorable review: http://www.webhostingstuff.com/comments/InternetTurnpike-1234.html

Internet Turnpike Rocks!
  - by Virginia Bryant of www.libraryofthumbs.com on 24 Jan 2006:

" After hosting with several companies over the years, I finally found internet turnpike...

In the 4 years being with them I have had absolutely no down time!
Not even when the big hurricanes hit.

When needing my traffic scripts installed and made the move to a bigger server that could handle my traffic..they were right there with me every step of the way, helping me out via the online tech support...

I would definately recommend them to anyone!

A++!!

V Bryant
libraryofthumbs.com

WTF! That's the pig fucker, Ginny, Jim Slockney's (JSlock) wife.

How 'bout another mailing address for our sex fiend Jim Shockney, eh?

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/libraryofthumbs.com

Contact

Graffic Traffic
RR1 Box1921
Pineland, TX 75968
US
webmaster [at] libraryofthumbs.com

http://www.freewebsitereport.org/www.libraryofthumbs.com

Graffic Traffic, RR1 Box1921, Pineland, TX - 75968, US. Phone: +1 602 386 0115, Fax: +1 254 699 7062 Email: webmaster[AT]libraryofthumbs.com

http://www.siclook.com/state-az/vernon-paul_kpIm.html

Vernon; Paul
Vernon; Paul located at 3443 N. Central Ave. Suite 707,Phoenix,Arizona,USA,It is Website Design Service company, Tel is 6023860115 (+1-602-386-0115),fax is null,address is 3443 N. Central Ave. Suite 707.This company SIC code is 737311,SIC Name is Business Services,You can find more Vernon; Paul contact info like fax,email,website below.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:09:59 PM

Exactly Gleb.. fuck that bitch.

And dumb fucks this is not a divorce case.. it's a class action for those ripped off by a god damn thief. (and his accomplice listed as a reference above)

That cunt is not entitled to win the lottery by getting a quarter million dollars when she was apart of the fucking fraud in the first place.

Give your heads a shake jeez..  Roll Eyes

I'd love to win the lottery ..especially off of others misery & loss ..must be nice.
Hell i'd be happy with 12 grand never mind 250 fucking thousand dollars of Cryptsy clients money.

She's innocent ..LOL my ass  Cheesy

PS:
Dumb fucks since they only give you a fraction of your money in a class action we agreed on the previous page..
How much did this cunt have on Cryptsy then ?

4 million in Altcoins ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder where she got them ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 09:17:09 PM

Horus, good to see you, brother!  Smiley

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:06:28 AM

Horus, good to see you, brother!  Smiley

Great! We're back to being infiltrated by Freemasons.  Wink Wink Wink
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:39:10 AM

It's called a settlement. Give her 250k to get her to give up the other stuff instead of having to spend time/effort/money to TRY and get it from her.

Before crying note that this is all taking place in florida, where OJ Simpson was able to live in a 500k+ house despite owing the Goldman family 35 million dollars for a case where HE was found liable, getting a house that Vernon's ex-wife lived in is nothing close to a slam dunk.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:04:03 AM

It's called a settlement. Give her 250k to get her to give up the other stuff instead of having to spend time/effort/money to TRY and get it from her.

Before crying note that this is all taking place in florida, where OJ Simpson was able to live in a 500k+ house despite owing the Goldman family 35 million dollars for a case where HE was found liable, getting a house that Vernon's ex-wife lived in is nothing close to a slam dunk.

Like Paul Vernon, Lorie Nettles was in the US Army in intelligence. IT'S A GODDAMN FACT THAT SHE KNEW EXACTING WHAT PAUL WAS UP TO AT CRYPTSY WITH SHE MORE THAN LIKELY PLAYING A MAJOR ROLE IN THE VENTURE. If she didn't, then she didn't know how she got pregnant when she was bending over retrieving cookies from the oven while Jim Slockney was in the kitchen on holiday in Florida from Texas to spend some time with his bud, Paul, who was out doing his morning jog with the rest of the Chinese wives in the neighborhood.

Spoetnik, your turn.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:21:50 AM

Like Paul Vernon, Lorie Nettles was in the US Army in intelligence. IT'S A GODDAMN FACT THAT SHE KNEW EXACTING WHAT PAUL WAS UP TO AT CRYPTSY WITH SHE MORE THAN LIKELY PLAYING A MAJOR ROLE IN THE VENTURE. If she didn't, then she didn't know how she got pregnant when she was bending over retrieving cookies from the oven while Jim Slockney was in the kitchen on holiday in Florida from Texas to spend some time with his bud, Paul, who was out doing his morning jog with the rest of the Chinese wives in the neighborhood.

Spoetnik, your turn.

that's fine, but it doesn't make it a slam dunk that the court was going to take away her house.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:35:20 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 05:47:41 AM by Spoetnik

That is one steaming load of bull..
For one thing what did she "give up" on this class action lawsuit in order to win the lottery ?
Which is NOT the point of the class action lawsuit..
She was not plea bargaining with criminal charges was she ?
NO.
She received a settlement .

WHY ?

Further more OJ was found guilty at the END of the trial.
So how could he have owed them before being found guilty ?

I'd say nice try but it wasn't..

EDIT: toned it down i did not mean to be so insulting Wink

Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:09:21 PM

For one thing what did she "give up" on this class action lawsuit in order to win the lottery ?
NO.

WHY ?

oj moved to Florida AFTER being found liable because he knew they couldn't take his house if he lived there.

this woman already lived in florida, so IF she was found to owe the members of the class money (which was not a guarantee) they might not have made her sell the house because they don't make people sell their houses to pay off judgementsin Florida.

that was the settlement, she gives them the money from the house that they might not be entitled to, minus a sum, and she is done with the case.

this makes sense for her because she won't owe more money than she has. this works for members of the class because it gives them more money from her NOW then they expect to get from her over time.

yes, it sucks that people got fucked by Cryptsy, but that has already happened and the money is gone. a guaranteed portion of that house is better than trying to get more money that is gone.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:55:41 PM

NO.

WHY ?

oj moved to Florida AFTER being found liable because he knew they couldn't take his house if he lived there.

this woman already lived in florida, so IF she was found to owe the members of the class money (which was not a guarantee) they might not have made her sell the house because they don't make people sell their houses to pay off judgementsin Florida.

that was the settlement, she gives them the money from the house that they might not be entitled to, minus a sum, and she is done with the case.

this makes sense for her because she won't owe more money than she has. this works for members of the class because it gives them more money from her NOW then they expect to get from her over time.

yes, it sucks that people got fucked by Cryptsy, but that has already happened and the money is gone. a guaranteed portion of that house is better than trying to get more money that is gone.

By her living in the house, Lorie Nettles can delay its sale by: having a tom cat spray the fuck out of it; keep it untidy to turn off perspective buyers; dissuade buyers by disclosing issues with the home, whether real or not; stay steadfast on a high asking price; refuse offers. The list goes on. The bottomline, the Chinese bitch is in full control since she was allowed to stay in the home. I can't see this house selling within the next year, perhaps two years down the road when Nettles finally relents due to such action no longer being in her best interest.

I'm having issues with how a million-dollar-plus house purchased with stolen moneys is able to be sold, then given the spouse of the thief ~1/4 of the moneys. Did a judge make that determination?
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:10:26 PM

NO.

WHY ?

By her living in the house, Lorie Nettles can delay its sale by: having a tom cat spray the fuck out of it; keep it untidy to turn off perspective buyers; dissuade buyers by disclosing issues with the home, whether real or not; stay steadfast on a high asking price; refuse offers. The list goes on. The bottomline, the Chinese bitch is in full control since she was allowed to stay in the home. I can't see this house selling within the next year, perhaps two years down the road when Nettles finally relents due to such action no longer being in her best interest.

I'm having issues with how a million-dollar-plus house purchased with stolen moneys is able to be sold, then given the spouse of the thief ~1/4 of the moneys. Did a judge make that determination?

Because it is her house, and in Florida they don't make you leave your house if you owe someone else money. That's why getting a percentage of the house is a win for the people suing them. 3/4ths of the value of the house, guaranteed, now, is a bit of money, and it is agreed to. They don't have to risk losing the case to her, they don't have to risk winning the case and being told that she doesn't have to/won't sell her house.

It's like a deal in a poker tournament. Sometimes you take guaranteed less than 1st place money so you don't risk ending up being the next person out.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 03:52:26 PM

Horus, good to see you, brother!  Smiley

Great! We're back to being infiltrated by Freemasons.  Wink Wink Wink

Hahaha.  I've never heard that before.  

Let's not forget those troublemaker Christians.  lol

Edit:  Horus was always helpful and a great guy to have around crypto.  Glad he stuck around. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:55:56 PM

If she is guilty enough to lose some of the money from selling the house she should be forking it all over.
There is a reason it was sold off from her..
She should not get to keep 1 damn cent.

If she is innocent then why are they taking the damn house at all ?

And 250k ?
She can go rent an apartment etc for chump change like most people do.
The Cryptsy Princess has to sell her Crown and diamonds ? awwwww so sad  Cry

The only thing i want to hear is that she is brought up on charges and investigated.

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:31:15 PM

NO.

WHY ?

The Class Action doesn't find guilt about Big Vern, it finds that people are rightfully owed money and the company is insolvent. The court doesn't even care about the hack, they are just trying to get assets of the company and disburse them. I don't even think it is a criminal proceeding since it seeks to find compensation for a class and is civil law, which is why someone is allowed to keep their equity from the house. If your company had a person with title to a property and you were the one committing the bad business practice, you are held liable not the other party who has interest in the property. So your interest would be dissolved and the other party would retain their interest and be liquidated upon sale of the property. You could not stop the sale though being the party who was a bystander. Not to say she was either...

Victims would not be parties to a Criminal case and are not entitled to the due process rights they would otherwise enjoy in a civil case. The prosecutors do not represent the victims in a criminal case. So by that alone we have a civil Class Action and Cryptsy is being protected by Bankruptcy laws too.
Eron

Activity: 735
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:42:09 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry I guess that my following question has been asked many times but (...) so here it is:

I had some cryptocurrencies on my cryptsy account, so is there a way I can get it back ?

I mean can I join a class action or something like that ?

Thanks guys, too much work these last 2 years, so I didn't had time to follow cryptocurrencies news, if someone can help me it would be great ! Smiley
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:00:26 PM

If she is guilty enough to lose some of the money from selling the house she should be forking it all over.
There is a reason it was sold off from her..
She should not get to keep 1 damn cent.

If she is innocent then why are they taking the damn house at all ?

And 250k ?
She can go rent an apartment etc for chump change like most people do.
The Cryptsy Princess has to sell her Crown and diamonds ? awwwww so sad  Cry

The only thing i want to hear is that she is brought up on charges and investigated.

You guys should try reading a book or a newspaper and learn how the real world works.

The idea of a settlement is to meet somewhere in the middle to reduce the risks for both sides.

one possibility is that she walked away owing the class nothing. That would not be a great outcome for the class.

Another possibility is that she would be found liable to owe the class tons of money, that would not be a great outcome for her.

The point of a settlement is to find somewhere in the middle.

If you are not happy and you feel this woman owes you money, withdraw from the class and sue her yourself after she already gives most of the liquid assets she has left to the members of the class and see where it leads you.
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: