Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:56:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631743 times)
gudmunsn

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:11:34 AM

It still amazes me how many people make fun of me for being involved in crypto. Some of these people are programmers, too! What that tells me is that bitcoin is an incredibly good idea, and their humor at the situation validates it for me. If nobody thought it was crazy, how could it be life-changing (e.g. the new class of wealthy elite)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:44:20 AM

It still amazes me how many people make fun of me for being involved in crypto. Some of these people are programmers, too! What that tells me is that bitcoin is an incredibly good idea, and their humor at the situation validates it for me. If nobody thought it was crazy, how could it be life-changing (e.g. the new class of wealthy elite)?

Heh....someone told me today: "So I've been reading more about bitcoin. You're crazy!"

And yet this person kept happily asking me bitcoin questions for a half hour standing in a parking lot...

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:54:13 AM

Yeah, those god-damned crazy wealthy elites, who needs 'em?

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 03:57:10 AM

The status quoe, by definition, cant change the world.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:13:40 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
Yes , i am pretty sure of this  Grin
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:44:57 AM

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

Knowing me, somehow find a way of getting more Bitcoins. Cheesy

viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:53:35 AM

Heh....someone told me today: "So I've been reading more about bitcoin. You're crazy!"

And yet this person kept happily asking me bitcoin questions for a half hour standing in a parking lot...

Interesting, he must be attracted by bitcoin

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:33:47 AM

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

I haven't been blessed. It was through my foresight that I saw bitcoin for how valuable it was. No man helped me along, and many discouraged me.

yeah little to no support, no one, got my first 70btc at 10$... the only support i needed was max keiser and brotherjohnf both time to time talking about bitcoin very highly ...

im sure a TON of people who, even starting to buy right now for the first time, are still making the leap mostly by themselves...

transitioning to everyday life does anyone feel this way, as i do, about nearly everything that interests me and so on... hopefully not forever but its really heavy living the life of a lone wolf

Yes brotherjohnf, max, and davincij15 were the main ones that believe Bitcoin was a great alternative to fiat currencies.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:04:44 AM

Bitcoins rock, I am working on no internet (Only cellphone smsing) Bitcoin client Smiley, gonna be even more awesome if Bitcoin is available even without internet!

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:15:10 AM

Bitcoins rock, I am working on no internet (Only cellphone smsing) Bitcoin client Smiley, gonna be even more awesome if Bitcoin is available even without internet!

that will be a real asset for places like africa where (i assume) data is less readily available then something like texting.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
waxwing

Activity: 469
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:41:31 PM

Remember: this is not a done deal.

The best laid schemes of mice and men
Often go awry.

- John Steinbeck 1937

Actually it's "gang aft agley" for "often go awry" in the original, and it's Robert Burns from whom Steinbeck took the quote Smiley

PGP fingerprint 2B6FC204D9BF332D062B 461A141001A1AF77F20B (use email to contact)
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 09:36:41 PM

I don't know about you guys, but the members of the wealthy elite that I know are extremely smart, socially well-connected and they aren't mired in any particular mode of thinking in terms of investments.  They pay people to look for economic trends that will make them even more wealthy. 

It's a nice sentiment that "the underdog" may be displacing "old wealth", but from where I'm standing, they'll be coming to join the party soon enough.  Institutional investors will be happy to jump on the bitcoin bandwagon as soon as they view the risks to be acceptable.  These people stay wealthy because their financial advisers (who are watching bitcoin like hawks) are paid to keep it that way. 

One thing is for sure, though.  This community has definitely put a dent in the world.

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:07:20 PM

I don't know about you guys, but the members of the wealthy elite that I know are extremely smart, socially well-connected and they aren't mired in any particular mode of thinking in terms of investments.  They pay people to look for economic trends that will make them even more wealthy. 

It's a nice sentiment that "the underdog" may be displacing "old wealth", but from where I'm standing, they'll be coming to join the party soon enough.  Institutional investors will be happy to jump on the bitcoin bandwagon as soon as they view the risks to be acceptable.  These people stay wealthy because their financial advisers (who are watching bitcoin like hawks) are paid to keep it that way. 

One thing is for sure, though.  This community has definitely put a dent in the world.

A dent in the world? Lol?
The entire bitcoin market cap. is almost pocket change for some of our wealthy elite, lets not even begin to talk on a global scale...
We are a long long way from even making a dent in the status quo...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:09:57 PM

The entire bitcoin market cap. is almost pocket change for some of our wealthy elite, lets not even begin to talk on a global scale...

A scratch on the world then at least?

Hey, at least Bitcoin users are making the banking community a bit nervous.  I do think that for the most part Bitcoin is not being taken that seriously yet.  It will happen at some point.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:13:35 PM

Building up a lot of momentum before ever truly getting on to the radar is a good thing.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:19:00 PM

We've made some people who make a living of the status quo nervous is all.  As you have said, once it's inevitable that bitcoin is the new gold, the 1% will be buying it up from us like madmen, inviting us to join their ranks as they kick out the guy who was late to the party.  It's not the investors or venture capitalists that bitcoin puts a 'dent' into.  It's the central banks and those who profit from them that will be upset.  Unfortunately, we aren't talking about a class of people that take their sudden obsolescence in stride.  Their not just going to put down their buggy whip tools and look for a new job without pitching a fit.  And when these people have a hissy fit, armies march and nations burn.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
crazynoggin

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:24:19 PM

Before investors will jump onto Bitcoin, we can't have these giant spikes like we are having right now, there has to be a steady increase.

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:24:48 PM

We've made some people who make a living of the status quo nervous is all.  As you have said, once it's inevitable that bitcoin is the new gold, the 1% will be buying it up from us like madmen, inviting us to join their ranks as they kick out the guy who was late to the party.  It's not the investors or venture capitalists that bitcoin puts a 'dent' into.  It's the central banks and those who profit from them that will be upset.  Unfortunately, we aren't talking about a class of people that take their sudden obsolescence in stride.  Their not just going to put down their buggy whip tools and look for a new job without pitching a fit.  And when these people have a hissy fit, armies march and nations burn.

Sounds like good times.  Hopefully there will not be too many armies and burning nations!  I don't really enjoy that sort of thing.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:28:14 PM

Before investors will jump onto Bitcoin, we can't have these giant spikes like we are having right now, there has to be a steady increase.

Huh

Giant spikes compared to what?  It's been fairly stable for the past several months.  Based soley on bitcoin's short history, a several months long smooth trading trend portends a sudden and dramatic price movement is due.  So far, the price movements up have generally stuck, while the price movements down have generally been temporary.  That is, after all, the only way a price goes from half a penny in 2010 to $140 in 2013.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:33:19 PM

Hopefully there will not be too many armies and burning nations!  I don't really enjoy that sort of thing.

Yeah, that's usually not good for anyone but the arms dealers & funeral homes.  But then, the history of fiat currencies says they have an average life expectancy of about 100 years and that there is a 100% mortality rate by 200 years.  The US federal reserve note is approaching 100 years old, so it's going to happen somehow.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: