Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:13:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70632 times)
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:52:01 PM

In my own opinion it is debate. It has features that of money but doesn't quite fit the definition of real "legitimate money". I can assume under a general assumption that losing a bitcoin is similar to losing fiat money. Losing the private keys versus legitimately losing a physical bill.
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:33:31 PM

Of course bitcoin is real money. If you can buy shit with it then it's real money yaa.
I trust Bitcoins a lot and it is our real money because after selling Bitcoins we are getting local currencies in real which we feel its rate and the price is increasing day by day like a fixed deposit rates.
whether you think gold is also included money?
because gold can also be sold and get local currency, as what you say
definition more money than that, maybe the money should have government regulation
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:23:46 PM

For me bitcoins is real money.
I can trade my bitcoins and make  more bitcoins.
Also I can exchage my bitcoins for fiat,or but things with bitcoins.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:28:39 PM

Its real money for me because its change many things around me and I have much better security and financial independence now doing some long term plaining for me with bitcoins give me more pleasure
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:56:23 PM

can you buy a car with bitcoin ?
can you buy a home with bitcoin ?
can you buy a laptop with bitcoin ?

sometimes i think bitcoin is only asset because i can't use bitcoin like "real money"
bitcoin is only asset

Maybe now not yet, but when the world has fully adopted bitcoin it will happen. As more and more merchandizers accept bitcoin, it will be more and more be real money.
if only to buy a laptop bitcoin can be used, many electronic sites that accept bitcoin
but if the car or the house of course it can not, because it can not be purchased with online, we have to go to the showroom
joinal

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:17:32 AM

but the fact is we still exchange it to fiat money, to be able to spend it

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 12:19:42 AM

I perceive it as real money, why would I not? I don't do stuff with it which I wouldn't do with fiat. I gamble with it, I use to and still gamble with fiat, I order stuff online with it, if I see something worth buying i.e. and that's it. I don't invest in Ponzis, I don't lend, I don't trade, which is why I am not bothered with price that much, I buy it, spend it and buy again.

So I use it completely as I would use fiat. I will think about price when and if I have enough to sell.

Well, same here.

Fact is most of the users on this forum have some sort of a business with Bitcoin, to them its just another way to make $. Therefore, they don't see it as real money.
It is your assumption not an established fact.How people see bitcoin doesn't make any difference to its usability.Bitcoin is treated like real money whether you spend it or hold it
rekinthis

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:00:34 AM

yes it is thats why i use it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:44:55 AM

sometimes i think bitcoin is only asset because i can't use bitcoin like "real money"
bitcoin is only asset

Nah, you can buy all your things like car,home and laptop by bitcoin. the problem is no one who sell that accept bitcoin. so you need to exchange you bitcoin into real money. so you can buy them all. is that ok ?
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:36:07 AM

Most of the time but not always. There are lots of places you can pay with Bitcoin. Obviously plenty of those coins are converted into local currencies by the merchants but Bitpay have said that quite a few of their business customers retain varying percentages of what they're paid in coins. There are also a few businesses that pledge to always remain in BTC only.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:34:34 AM

I perceive it as real money, why would I not? I don't do stuff with it which I wouldn't do with fiat. I gamble with it, I use to and still gamble with fiat, I order stuff online with it, if I see something worth buying i.e. and that's it. I don't invest in Ponzis, I don't lend, I don't trade, which is why I am not bothered with price that much, I buy it, spend it and buy again.

So I use it completely as I would use fiat. I will think about price when and if I have enough to sell.

Well, same here.

Fact is most of the users on this forum have some sort of a business with Bitcoin, to them its just another way to make $. Therefore, they don't see it as real money.
It is your assumption not an established fact.How people see bitcoin doesn't make any difference to its usability.Bitcoin is treated like real money whether you spend it or hold it

If you hold bitcoin it becomes as investment.
To use bitcoin as a real money, you must accept bitcoin's value is current level. If you believe in future of bitcoin like it will price the higher values then there is no meaning in spending bitcoin of itself as real money.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:56:32 AM

bitcoin is only asset

Nah, you can buy all your things like car,home and laptop by bitcoin. the problem is no one who sell that accept bitcoin. so you need to exchange you bitcoin into real money. so you can buy them all. is that ok ?

But even though your purpose is solved I guess?? Even if you cannot buy physical things using bitcoins you can always convert it to real money and buy the things that you want, and that is the reason bitcoin is real money too even at this stage, no matter it will take long time when we can actually buy physical thing using bitcoins without any involvement of a real money.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:19:46 PM

I think bitcoin already eligible to become legal currency, many people are already using bitcoin
we need regulation of the government for the use of bitcoin
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:59:16 PM

Yes, bitcoin is like real money to me. because i can pay my daily things with bitcoin and also can pay my bill. the different is bitcoin don't have physical unit imo.
Asulect

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:07:50 PM

Currently, no, bitcoin is not real money to me.  Everything that you can buy with bitcoin are usually priced in other fiat currency which bitcoin is just an tool for holding the value of that underlining currency for the exchange.
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:30:02 PM

Yeah, Bitcoin is real money for me, because I can pay for digital goods easily as if I am using a credit card. but the problem is not a lot of sites accept bitcoin now. and that can be solved when more people adopt using bitcoin.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:58:58 PM

Yeah, Bitcoin is real money for me, because I can pay for digital goods easily as if I am using a credit card. but the problem is not a lot of sites accept bitcoin now. and that can be solved when more people adopt using bitcoin.

Having bitcoin you can use it for buying stuff online which in fact means it has value, the same as money.
I am aware people could see it as a coupon system, but in fact it's a real currency.

And should be used as a real currency.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:18:31 PM

For me bitcoin is real money,even not buying ,atleast till the moment anything with bitcoin,i had exchanged it to fiat and well i feel the power of it.I would spend it if i see what i use cellphones and computers to be paid with bitcoin,i guess openbazar may change my previous wages into technology.
ajun96

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:02:42 AM

Most of the time but not always. There are lots of places you can pay with Bitcoin. Obviously plenty of those coins are converted into local currencies by the merchants but Bitpay have said that quite a few of their business customers retain varying percentages of what they're paid in coins. There are also a few businesses that pledge to always remain in BTC only.
maybe just some places, I rarely see an electronic site that accepts bitcoin as a payment option,
really we have to convert bitcoin first, to be able to use it in real life
jmintuck02

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:50:40 AM

Used to really believe it was going to be just some token for some DIGITAL things and NO physical goods. That was way back when it started

years ago. I was foolish to have thought that. If I could know what I knew now, I wouldn't have thought that way until  it blared

through Mum and Dad's TV on the news at the spike in 2013. I don't even know if I have any other wallets that I don't know about

saved in my room.

I researched and started to see some physical goods to be able to be ordered, and my interest was piqued ever since. Not to mention the

usually rising value of btc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: