Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:52:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you?  (Read 70621 times)
John_Dave

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 04:24:46 PM

When i first learned about bitcoin i thought it some kind of internet currency, an analogue of national currencies, like PayPal. Then i've realised that bitcoin is much bigger than that. I can't imagine an analogue of it (except gold maybe), and it's a real money for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 04:41:33 PM

Yep Bitcoin is a real money, that's why it is called cryptocurrency. It's a money on internet from which you can buy through online or just withdraw it and see it for real.  Wink Wink

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:14:32 PM

Yup I consider bitcoins real money, you might not be able to go to a supermarket and buy stuff with it but you can easily exchange it to USD and go and buy anything money can buy with it, I consider it real money for that reason.
pneumatic5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:05:18 PM

Yup I consider bitcoins real money, you might not be able to go to a supermarket and buy stuff with it but you can easily exchange it to USD and go and buy anything money can buy with it, I consider it real money for that reason.

Exactly that's real for all of us, only problem we are facing that we cannot pay directly for the products using bitcoin as very few merchants accept it, but the things will change in future, but still at a moment its real to me.

fruitcommander

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:35:31 PM

It's not real for me yet, as I am not able to buy any physical thing using bitcoin, as I am using only it for online purchases or remitting it to my bank account, but yes I am receiving real money to my bank account after converting bitcoins.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:33:51 AM

can you exchange bitcoin for fiat? check

can you use bitcoin to buy things? check

can you use bitcoin to invest in things? check

can you use bitcoin to use it as a store of wealth? check

bitcoin can do everything that "real money" as fiat can do, plus a lot more. bitcoin is most definitely real money to me.
correct. even bitcoin. can do something. more than fiat. such as being a potential investment in the future. fiat could not do it
bitcoin arguably, is more than just a currency,
iamthesky

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:37:30 AM

bitcoin can do everything that "real money" as fiat can do, plus a lot more. bitcoin is most definitely real money to me.
correct. even bitcoin. can do something. more than fiat. such as being a potential investment in the future. fiat could not do it

Yeah, bitcoin provides us various of features and benefits that no other currency can offer, as it is taking care of us in the best possible way, like purchases, online transfers, it becomes a real money to all of us.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:17:03 AM

Yeah, bitcoin provides us various of features and benefits that no other currency can offer, as it is taking care of us in the best possible way, like purchases, online transfers, it becomes a real money to all of us.

Well that's the thing, it puts people in a very beneficial position... The problem with economies in third world countries, is that they are doing business in a currency that holds little to no value, and can't contribute on a global scale because of the money barrier. With Bitcoin, there can be an actual chance to trace where donation are going in a charity effort to third world countries to start "spreading the wealth"... So that they can start doing business in a commodity that is actually worth something and also can do business in a global scale... There just needs to be an effort to get them the tools such as computers and smart phones to start being able to do these things. This is what's going to help global adoption.

ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 03:51:50 AM

It's not real for me yet, as I am not able to buy any physical thing using bitcoin, as I am using only it for online purchases or remitting it to my bank account, but yes I am receiving real money to my bank account after converting bitcoins.
just because bitcoin, can not be used to buy something. you call bitcoin. not currency?
I think the currencies have their own areas, you will not be able to use French currency. and shopping in Dutch with French currency
same as bitcoin, bitcoin is online currency, for now
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:42:18 AM

just because bitcoin, can not be used to buy something. you call bitcoin. not currency?
I think the currencies have their own areas, you will not be able to use French currency. and shopping in Dutch with French currency

You only looking for shop which receive bitcoin as payment to buy physical good.. but if you don't , there's not a choice. You must exchange into your currency or dollars. You can say bitcoin is not real for you but it is real cryptocurrency.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

JITENDERPAR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:33:36 AM

yes bitcoin is real money for me .
since the last month i had earned d about 6$ of btc .
and i had sell that amount of btc for doller .
now i had started to earn free btc just by hard work also.
because i have comes to know that the btc is really a real income source .
earliar i thiught that it is a waste part of online currency (forex currency).
but when i comes to know about it instant profit then i had start hardworking
 soon i will earn more and more money through btc.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:43:02 AM

Yes, its real money for me because its easy it use and fast.
Also its for me equal to money, because I can spent it also on many things.

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:51:15 AM

yes bitcoin is real money for me .
since the last month i had earned d about 6$ of btc .
and i had sell that amount of btc for doller .
now i had started to earn free btc just by hard work also.
because i have comes to know that the btc is really a real income source .
earliar i thiught that it is a waste part of online currency (forex currency).
but when i comes to know about it instant profit then i had start hardworking
 soon i will earn more and more money through btc.

Okay then you're a hard worker. In the near future you will get some more than what you are earning now. Profit will come to those who work hard. I have been to that position too for a long time. It got me to the point when I started becoming lazy and think this is BS so I stopped for a while. But then thanks to a friend for getting me back.
to1ga

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:00:00 AM

When i first time i thought bitcoin is  just internet token

█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
               ▄▄█  █▄▄
            ▄█████  █████▄
       ▄  █▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄█  ▄
   ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄

▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀  ▄
███▄▄  ▀  ▀▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀▀  ▀  ▄▄███
█████▀      ▀█████  █████▀      ▀█████
█▀▀  ▄▄█  ██▄▄ ▀▀█  █▀▀ ▄▄██  █▄▄  ▀▀█
   █████  ██████      ██████  █████
█▄▄  ▀▀█  ██▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄▄ ▀▀██  █▀▀  ▄▄█
█████▄      ▄█████  █████▄      ▄█████
███▀▀  ▄  ▄▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄▄  ▄  ▀▀███
▀  ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄  ▀
   ▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀
       ▀  █▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀█  ▀
            ▀█████  █████▀
               ▀▀█  █▀▀
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
A Blog That Discusses About
Artificial Intelligence    The Future    Ethics on AI    and more
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
JITENDERPAR2

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:51:44 AM

yes bitcoin is really a real money for me .
since my earning is useless .
but i had earned much amount of btc and i had make many mobile recharge  that was impossible for me without btc.
now i want start huge earning of bit coins .
i also thought a plan of opening a bit coin shop .
there will be many facilities of bitcoin exchange like
recharge , shoping ,any thing that can be done through practically real money.
since i am far from this idea but i will try to make my best to do the same .
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:28:24 AM

You only looking for shop which receive bitcoin as payment to buy physical good.. but if you don't , there's not a choice. You must exchange into your currency or dollars. You can say bitcoin is not real for you but it is real cryptocurrency.

exactly. as long as there are so few places to spend bitcoin to buy physical goods, it is hard to consider bitcoin as a currency "real money".

and i consider places to accept bitcoin directly not going through a third party service which in fact is changing bitcoin to fiat and then pays the shop with that. and we have to pay extra fees to use the service.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:45:49 AM

yes, me too, I first saw bitcoin, I thought it was just a token that is very difficult to get it for free and have to buy an expensive price, but I was wrong about that, and now I consider it a real money

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:46:00 AM

yes, me too, I first saw bitcoin, I thought it was just a token that is very difficult to get it for free and have to buy an expensive price, but I was wrong about that, and now I consider it a real money

Actually this description fits quite well to bitcoin, for the people who haven't heard about it earlier Wink Tokens are some form of payment mean, just with limited acceptation range.
Wobberdk

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:06:02 AM

Actually this description fits quite well to bitcoin, for the people who haven't heard about it earlier Wink Tokens are some form of payment mean, just with limited acceptation range.

I don't any difference between tokens and money. If you can use something as a measure of value to buy stuff (or sell it), then it's equivalent to money.
kizilsakal

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:19:27 AM

I don't any difference between tokens and money. If you can use something as a measure of value to buy stuff (or sell it), then it's equivalent to money.

One could say a token is money itself, cause it's an object or concept people agree upon as containing an intrinsic value. That is the exact same case for cash.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: