Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:06:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2016, 10:08:01 PM

My god so i just successfully lost fucking EGC coins what a fuck is that, and cant be canceled due to mistake ??

Where the hell ill find the owners of those wallet, fucking duplicate.

What a fucking retarded coin, shame that i even know the name of this coin. Motherfuckers.

How can fucking be so, that EGC has same as other coins adrresses.

Please cancel them, thats a humanic mistake.

For fuck sake ...

Just as a point of Interest: In a traditional banking system if you transfer money to the wrong account number exactly the same is true, that money arrives in someone elses account and there's generally no way to get it back (Banks may try to reclaim it in the case of fraud but it's not guaranteed).

In terms of Crypto Currencies: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/201

As with many things in life work on the "Measure twice, Cut once" mantra.

Yep, no chance at all if its even "another bank". Within the same banking system there might be some hope... but not very likely.

U will simply be depending on the reciever beeing nice and sending it back,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grumpytiger211

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:17:19 PM

Replying to a few posts in one.

maybe it was also possible to drive an pine64 with it (the better raspberry with mutch less powerconsumption) it needs only 6Watt max. maybe without doing any else then a commandline wallet and a Webfrontend for it based on Node.js or ngix webserver

EDIT:

Wow new 1.4 Version has a LiPo 3,7 V charging circut included ! so it sounds perfect for it and they reduce the power consumption to 2,5 Watt

If that's based on http://wiki.pine64.org/images/1/1d/Power_Consumption.jpg someone needs to learn maths, 5.1*0.53 is not 2.5, there's also no comment on what the SBC is doing (I'd suspect that's idling).

Take a look at Pine64+ there are 3 Versions with 512, 1024 and 2048 MB Ram 15, 19 and 29 USD. They only use 5V 0,51 A tested at Version 1.4 and they have directly a 3.7 V LiPo Loader onboard. At time the most powerfull Single Board Computer with the lowest powerconsumption. Raspberry 12 Watt, BananaPi 7,8 Watt and this little devil 2,5 Watt
Both the Pine64 and the Pi3 run the A53 CPU core at the same speed that would mean their performance is likely to be equivalent. The Pine64 may be able to run fully 64 bit, the Pi3 currently cannot but it' not clear if that will make any difference in performance, the reports I've seen so far suggest that 64bit arm linux is still buggy, 64bit will also lead to larger pointers and some variable sizes which will lead to the same code needing more memory.

No Raspberry Pi uses 12W, the Pi3 suggests a ~12W PSU however at least half that capacity is to allow for USB peripherals meaning the Pi3 needs around 6W for the SBC. There is even evidence that the Pi3 needs just over 1W at idle and under 4W full load (http://raspi.tv/2016/how-much-power-does-raspberry-pi3b-use-how-fast-is-it-compared-to-pi2b). Based on my experience I think full load on the Pi3 is a bit higher (nearer 6W) however I've not seen any of the older Pi models need over 5W for full load.

i think the pi would have the same problems like your stick... takes 9 Watt permanent peek to 10 Watt at boot time. got all 4 Versions at home + all Bananapi Versions... Pine64+ is now on the way 2 times ...
As above, no it doesnt! Most of the pi models are 5W max, the Pi3 is 6-7W max for the SBC.

and as a useful quote from the Pine64 FAQ (http://www.pine64.com/faq-pine-64#toggle-id-20)
The board is powered by +5v microUSB port. Exactly how much power is required, in terms of current. (mA), is depending on what you hook up to the board. An official 2.0A (2000mA) power supply is available at the Pine64 store with ample power to run the board for most applications.
So they also suggest a 2A PSU for the board + 2x USB devices, compared to the Pi3's 2.5A PSU for board + 4x USB devices. That would suggest they're power requirement are fairly similar.

The one advantage the Pine64 does have over most other boards is the option to have 2GB of ram.

After all that the SBC I'm interested in trying out with the EGC wallet is the C.H.I.P. this is a $9 board that includes eMMC storage, lipo charger, and wifi and 0.5-1W power draw. The potential issues are only 512MB or ram and single core SOC, this is likely to make compiling the wallet more challenging, and my make running it difficult as well. If it works its literally a case of plug in power and go (everything else you need is included on a $9 board).

Thanks for the input guys! Glad to see you stuck around LeChuck!

A lite version of the daemon could be made for this purpose, removing some of the unnecessary code. PoW mining code for example. I can begin looking into this.

My personal vision of the solar miner has always been a daemon, 'command line' as called, with a web interface. Keeping the cost down with no display, which would be almost useless for an outdoor application, and removing the unnecessary overhead of the Qt and supporting environment in my mind makes this an obvious approach.

My initial reaction is I like how the Pine64's name fits with EverGreenCoin. Wink Of course, power consumption is a much greater concern. Making the C.H.I.P. more fitting, plus the lower cost. But, as mentioned, it being able to compile and run the daemon, even a lite version, remains to be seen. Some testing will have to be done.

I have asked Gabi to chime in here. Again, thanks for the input everyone.

EDIT: Ordered my C.H.I.P. to experiment with.

got me interested in tinkering with this i ordered the pine 64+ 1g looking for a solar panel stumbled onto this one looks like it might work but hey im a newbie trial and error ill figure it out https://www.wish.com/c/562deae1d0dee71409649ee3. if anyone has any good reads or links to how to videos please send them my way any intel would be very helpful to me thanks

drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:50:48 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2016, 10:22:06 AM by drofxafm

Yes, importing the blockchain is intensive. Snapshotting is much faster. There is a recent snapshot in the OP should anyone need it. (Thanks again CryptoChainer!)

Yes, a package is what we will certainly want when we are cranking these out on a production level.

If you do find time to test on your CHIP, I would greatly appreciate it. If you do or whenever you can, please share your results. At this time, I personally only have a Pi emulator to experiment with.

Whoot! It compiled  Grin (I had to add a swap file on a USB stick for the compilation but that's not a huge issue).

I'm just compiling again with a clean git clone to see how long it takes.

I've got the block chain snapshot (Thanks CryptoChainer) and I'll hopefully fire it up a bit later (I plan to remove the swap first), and see how it goes. At some point (probably next week I'll try running the setup from a battery only and see how long it lasts, that will hopefully give a decent idea of it's power draw.

Hopefully with a few of us using the likes of Pi, Pine64 and C.H.I.P we can get a feel for how well these boards work.

Edit: the compile took 70 minutes.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:11:33 AM

Yes, importing the blockchain is intensive. Snapshotting is much faster. There is a recent snapshot in the OP should anyone need it. (Thanks again CryptoChainer!)

Yes, a package is what we will certainly want when we are cranking these out on a production level.

If you do find time to test on your CHIP, I would greatly appreciate it. If you do or whenever you can, please share your results. At this time, I personally only have a Pi emulator to experiment with.

Whoot! It compiled  Grin (I had to add a swap file on a USB stick for the compilation but that's not a huge issue).

I've got the block chain snapshot (Thanks CryptoChainer) and I'll hopefully fire it up a bit later (I plan to remove the swap first), and see how it goes. At some point (probably next week I'll try running the setup from a battery only and see how long it lasts, that will hopefully give a decent idea of it's power draw.

Hopefully with a few of us using the likes of Pi, Pine64 and C.H.I.P we can get a feel for how well these boards work.
Really sounds promising. Keep up the good work.  Smiley
teddybeer

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:42:18 PM

My god so i just successfully lost fucking EGC coins what a fuck is that, and cant be canceled due to mistake ??

Where the hell ill find the owners of those wallet, fucking duplicate.

What a fucking retarded coin, shame that i even know the name of this coin. Motherfuckers.

How can fucking be so, that EGC has same as other coins adrresses.

Please cancel them, thats a humanic mistake.

For fuck sake ...

Just as a point of Interest: In a traditional banking system if you transfer money to the wrong account number exactly the same is true, that money arrives in someone elses account and there's generally no way to get it back (Banks may try to reclaim it in the case of fraud but it's not guaranteed).

In terms of Crypto Currencies: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/201

As with many things in life work on the "Measure twice, Cut once" mantra.

Yep, no chance at all if its even "another bank". Within the same banking system there might be some hope... but not very likely.

U will simply be depending on the reciever beeing nice and sending it back,

Damn, another, noob, i told you that i reclaimed coins by import/dump private key. Those coins was holding on a duplicated wallets.

Read the shit i said.

Stupid bank pros. What a fuck you know in this life.
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 12:51:51 PM

Not so long ago:

God is green, Ever green Smiley

The loyal ones will be paid off hard!

Ill be loyal till the end Smiley

And at the first problem you face your loyalty vanishes to make room for an endless rant?
Am I missing something here?
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 01:01:29 PM

Not so long ago:

And at the first problem you face your loyalty vanishes to make room for an endless rant?

Also his shit doesnt make sense.
So how would that work? The coins suddenly "disappears" from the account he sent them to when he "redeemed" it?   

Nah-ah .. dont think soo.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:44:44 PM

Not so long ago:

So how would that work? The coins suddenly "disappears" from the account he sent them to when he "redeemed" it?   

I guess it's possible the two coins use the same address generating algorithm. So an address+privatekey pair might work on both chains.
If that's the case, if you have an EVG address you could use the same address on the XNG network.

I mean the EVG wallet wouldn't let you send funds to a non-EVG wallet anyway.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:51:07 PM

Not so long ago:

I guess it's possible the two coins use the same address generating algorithm. So an address+privatekey pair might work on both chains.
If that's the case, if you have an EVG address you could use the same address on the XNG network.

I mean the EVG wallet wouldn't let you send funds to a non-EVG wallet anyway.

But his coins havent moved from the addresses he sent them to. Also I doubt you can import his private key from Yobit but to be fair I have never tried.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 07:35:50 PM

Whoot! It compiled  Grin (I had to add a swap file on a USB stick for the compilation but that's not a huge issue).

Edit: the compile took 70 minutes.

Thank you for reporting the success!

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:39:24 PM

Sold 2 T-Shirt, Remaining 3day. Limited time order before July 19th. goodluck.  Smiley

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
drofxafm

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:35:45 PM

Not so long ago:

Agreed something there doesn't make sense! Either the coins moved or they didn't, if he was able to get the coins back like that after a successful transfer (i.e. meaning the same coins are now in two places) then the whole of crypto currency is dead (and such a simple issue would surely have been found by now).
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:52:14 PM

The t-shirts do look great. It will be interesting to see them in real life.

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 04:59:36 AM

Only 22 hours remain to order an EverGreenCoin shirt! A portion of the proceeds go to the EverGreenCoin Foundation.

https://teespring.com/evergreencoin-t-shirt

Thanks!

grumpytiger211

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 04:16:08 PM

got my pine64 +1gig today omg that was some smoking fast shipping just amazing very well packaged. any suggestions on good ways to make this into a solar miner suggested parts list. things i might want to beware of not to do? since the C.H.I.P. is cheap im going to probably end up getting that one to. its good to drown my self in tinkering sometimes gets me away from life for a bit if you know what im saying.

drofxafm

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:22:26 PM

got my pine64 +1gig today omg that was some smoking fast shipping just amazing very well packaged. any suggestions on good ways to make this into a solar miner suggested parts list. things i might want to beware of not to do? since the C.H.I.P. is cheap im going to probably end up getting that one to. its good to drown my self in tinkering sometimes gets me away from life for a bit if you know what im saying.

As a basic setup for a Solar system you'll need a Solar Panel, Battery and charging system, The challenge is being able to size them which means knowing how much power the board needs to run. You then size the battery to be able to provide power for when it's dark/overcast, then choose a cell that can charge the battery whilst there's light. A battery and charging system is probably the best starting point (I think it was mentioned some of the Pine64s have a lipo charge controller built in so it might just be a case of getting a decent battery).

My C.H.I.P. experiments haven't gone much further yet, I did try the block chain but couldn't get it to sync, I've just started it downloading the complete block chain so I'll see how that goes (based on my Pi experience I'm expecting around 24 hours. I did also run the C.H.I.P from it's 3000mAh battery earlier and had it going for 4 hours whilst travelling, I'm not sure how discharged the battery was in that time, (I've seen some reports of 8-10 hours). Once I've got the block chain downloaded I'll do a decent battery test.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 10:26:04 AM

Only 22 hours remain to order an EverGreenCoin shirt! A portion of the proceeds go to the EverGreenCoin Foundation.

https://teespring.com/evergreencoin-t-shirt

Thanks!

hi dev, i send pm u..
EvergreenCoin T-Shirt ended successfully (5 units sold)

thanks to anyone who has purchased ..

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
grumpytiger211

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:14:57 PM

As a basic setup for a Solar system you'll need a Solar Panel, Battery and charging system, The challenge is being able to size them which means knowing how much power the board needs to run. You then size the battery to be able to provide power for when it's dark/overcast, then choose a cell that can charge the battery whilst there's light. A battery and charging system is probably the best starting point (I think it was mentioned some of the Pine64s have a lipo charge controller built in so it might just be a case of getting a decent battery).

My C.H.I.P. experiments haven't gone much further yet, I did try the block chain but couldn't get it to sync, I've just started it downloading the complete block chain so I'll see how that goes (based on my Pi experience I'm expecting around 24 hours. I did also run the C.H.I.P from it's 3000mAh battery earlier and had it going for 4 hours whilst travelling, I'm not sure how discharged the battery was in that time, (I've seen some reports of 8-10 hours). Once I've got the block chain downloaded I'll do a decent battery test.

thanks for the reply will copy this for my notes. ive been looking at panels and battery's but also looked at the combo with the battery and panel together, seen one that was 500000 MAH for $14. trying to stay cheap i have a bad habit of wonder what happens if i did this oops so i want to be able to easily replace what i mess up. my obstacle today is looking for one of my 6 mini sd cards that i have so i can load up remix OS but cant never find when i need them lol. have a nice day everyone and good luck in your endeavors.

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:24:50 PM

thanks for the reply will copy this for my notes. ive been looking at panels and battery's but also looked at the combo with the battery and panel together, seen one that was 500000 MAH for $14. trying to stay cheap i have a bad habit of wonder what happens if i did this oops so i want to be able to easily replace what i mess up. my obstacle today is looking for one of my 6 mini sd cards that i have so i can load up remix OS but cant never find when i need them lol. have a nice day everyone and good luck in your endeavors.
500.000 mAh? Are you sure? I've got a 48.000 mAh solar powerbank and 2 x 20.000 mAh, but I never heard of a 500k mAh one.
drofxafm

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:39:15 PM

500.000 mAh? Are you sure? I've got a 48.000 mAh solar powerbank and 2 x 20.000 mAh, but I never heard of a 500k mAh one.

500,000mAh (also written as 500Ah) seems very unlikely for that price and it's going to be huge (power banks are usually rated at 3.7V (typical lipo cell voltage) or 5V (USB voltage). In comparison a car battery is around 40Ah and rated at 12V.

At $14 I'd suspect it's more like 5000mAh (5Ah), which might give 5-15 hours usage on the pine64 depending on how much power it draws. Assuming it's a 5Ah battery at 3.7V (gives the worst numbers) that gives a Wh rating of 18.5Wh (Battery voltage * Capacity), if the Pine64+ needs 3W to run that gives just over 6 hours (18.5 / 3).
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: