June 17, 2024, 04:54:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:21:04 PM

Hey Dev, hows things looking on the i2p/TOR front? Have you had a chance to do the dedicated wallet testing you wanted to do? Hope alls well in that tropical storm, stay safe.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 06:45:01 PM

Hey Dev, hows things looking on the i2p/TOR front? Have you had a chance to do the dedicated wallet testing you wanted to do? Hope alls well in that tropical storm, stay safe.

yeah ive been testing the dedicated-tor wallet, and have started building the i2p dedicated as well.. and thanks, it got pretty crazy last night, had to power down until this morning, and it looks like another band is coming in, so ill probably be powered down tonight as well.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
A_McGriff

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:00:30 PM

yeah ive been testing the dedicated-tor wallet, and have started building the i2p dedicated as well.. and thanks, it got pretty crazy last night, had to power down until this morning, and it looks like another band is coming in, so ill probably be powered down tonight as well.

Oh awesome! Thanks for your all your hard work and stay safe again tonight  Grin

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:11:59 PM

where are all the guys crying xvg to 1000 sat?
It's  a shame-I was expecting price correction but definitely not this kind.Hope coin will find a practical use sometime in the near future and will rise up not to fall hard back again.

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 05:49:26 PM

where are all the guys crying xvg to 1000 sat?
It's  a shame-I was expecting price correction but definitely not this kind.Hope coin will find a practical use sometime in the near future and will rise up not to fall hard back again.

oh dont worry, you cant keep a good coin down ;]

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:42:51 PM

I had a thought, maybe more like a shadow of an idea not quite formulated, since I do not understand much of the TOR and i2p stuff and how it actually works. It is on my list though, and one of the reasons I gained an interest in Verge.
 It seems that XVG is set on being the best crypto in regard to privacy.
 That is what it appears the dark web is also for... some privacy.
 I imagine you would have to be acting as a peer (if that is the correct terminology) and be on the dark web to use the dedicated TOR or i2p wallets, so why not reward dark web wallet users somehow for keeping the tunnels open with a reward built into those wallets? A reward proportional to the access granted/time open, maybe a special black hole service fee? Something, somehow, to give another reason to use them.
 Promoting privacy... by rewarding the access to privacy.
 Or maybe I am thinking of something like nodes to run, that you get paid for, that benefit the dark web somehow.
 XVG could become, not only the digital currency to use on the dark web, but a currency that helps the dark web function by bringing greater power to it while also being remunerated for that service.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 11:49:10 PM

I had a thought, maybe more like a shadow of an idea not quite formulated, since I do not understand much of the TOR and i2p stuff and how it actually works. It is on my list though, and one of the reasons I gained an interest in Verge.
 It seems that XVG is set on being the best crypto in regard to privacy.
 That is what it appears the dark web is also for... some privacy.
 I imagine you would have to be acting as a peer (if that is the correct terminology) and be on the dark web to use the dedicated TOR or i2p wallets, so why not reward dark web wallet users somehow for keeping the tunnels open with a reward built into those wallets? A reward proportional to the access granted/time open, maybe a special black hole service fee? Something, somehow, to give another reason to use them.
 Promoting privacy... by rewarding the access to privacy.
 Or maybe I am thinking of something like nodes to run, that you get paid for, that benefit the dark web somehow.
 XVG could become, not only the digital currency to use on the dark web, but a currency that helps the dark web function by bringing greater power to it while also being remunerated for that service.

that's not a bad idea.. maybe we will move to only tor and i2p nodes, and leave clearnet, and nodes on i2p/tor will be rewarded/incentivized...

thedivine1

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

Thoughts Become Things

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:31:54 AM

Hey All,

Was going through a lot of comments from members & saw a lot of members really being worried about the falling price of Verge.
I am a Long term Investor & even I am worried about the thing that Verge is so beaten down.

I think we need to put huge efforts to create awareness & market our Coin to the markets. (I am very much aware of the efforts being taken by the Devs & Core team here so no second thoughts about that)
Promoting the various features of Verge - "Privacy" the most important of all could change the game for Verge in its favor.

I am no expert on Crypto / Blockchain tech so do not understand much of the stuff going on anyways. (Trying to learn a lot each day)
However being an Ex Sales / Present Marketing person (From the Electrical & Automation Industry), thats the logic that I could come up with.

Any body who has better ideas as to how can we collaborate to make Verge a more visible coin (also offers better returns in the future Grin)
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 10:16:56 AM

Less than 100,000 blocks until another halving.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
nightrider767

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:22:59 PM

what happened to this coin price is decrease day by day. is  btc pumping cause of this coin dumping
JimmyS

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:46:03 PM

Hey All,

Was going through a lot of comments from members & saw a lot of members really being worried about the falling price of Verge.
I am a Long term Investor & even I am worried about the thing that Verge is so beaten down.

I think we need to put huge efforts to create awareness & market our Coin to the markets. (I am very much aware of the efforts being taken by the Devs & Core team here so no second thoughts about that)
Promoting the various features of Verge - "Privacy" the most important of all could change the game for Verge in its favor.

I am no expert on Crypto / Blockchain tech so do not understand much of the stuff going on anyways. (Trying to learn a lot each day)
However being an Ex Sales / Present Marketing person (From the Electrical & Automation Industry), thats the logic that I could come up with.

Any body who has better ideas as to how can we collaborate to make Verge a more visible coin (also offers better returns in the future Grin)

Making professional marketing plans or providing a strategic business direction has not yet really been fully accepted in this community, favoring instead a try this and see what happens approach. Albeit some have tried the proposals have never stuck, and obviously the current valuation vindicates these players who have sadly learned to quiet themselves.

Yes, a concerted, organized effort is indeed necessary.  Back when, I had offered to put adverts on websites attracting 100,000 daily visitors in the political realm.  I was looking for adverts, was sent the logo and left on my own to create designs and wording. Our visitors average more than 7 pages per visit so multiple random adverts to reveal an attractive message would have been optimal.  I'm not a graphics guy and didn't really see any community interest or receive any offers for assistance.  This community is well covered and stable on the more difficult development side. The easier awareness side, achieved via a real group effort is failing. 

Additionally, I was once able to get friend interested in Verge, but he was attacked by multiple individuals for asking a question without previously reading 50 pages of the thread.  He never did get a straight answer and was turned off.  Don't know where he put the investment, but I know it was substantial.  Funny how a couple asses can ruin a good opportunity for themselves and the community with snark remarks.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 04:27:55 PM

i completely agree, a marketing effort is needed. no one has tried anything yet, and no solid ideas have come forward..

thedivine1

Activity: 58

Thoughts Become Things

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:11:16 PM

i completely agree, a marketing effort is needed. no one has tried anything yet, and no solid ideas have come forward..

Considering the fact that we indeed need to Scale up our efforts on the marketing front,
I decided to first run a check about vergecurrency.com website ranking in Alexa (found out that there is another website vergecurrency.info, is this a parked domain for redirection?? is it owned by the community?? if not we need to acquire it & use as a traffic redirect)

Alexa numbers are disappointing, you can view them here >> http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/vergecurrency.com
also checked for Google Page rank of the site : 0/10

The most basic thing that we can do is start creating in pointing links from high traffic & page ranked sites.
This can be done using article marketing, by including the website in high quality web directories like dmoz, yahoo etc.
We can also buy Back links from High PR sites

A majority of the traffic that lands on the site is:

direct visits - 60.82%
traffic from followed links - 23.74%
search traffic (by the keywords) - 14.33%
traffic from social media - 1.12%

these figures above are estimates & can be verified from >> http://checkpagerank.net/index.php or you can also try other Page rank checker sites

Article marketing, site inclusion in high quality web directories, an active twitter account (w/ handle) shall start showing slow but sure results.
Advertising the site on High traffic PTC websites can also start creating some traction for the currency, promoting the verge faucet is also a good idea. (can be promoted on neobux.com, clicksense.com etc)

I don't want to get over board by posting this info above, if any body from the forums have worked on this, then in that case i shall not reinvent the wheel & focus on what needs to be done to achieve the results as we want.

Just my two cents

(How can I add my own signature? & avatar/image ?? >> please guide)
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 07:17:47 PM

Considering the fact that we indeed need to Scale up our efforts on the marketing front,
I decided to first run a check about vergecurrency.com website ranking in Alexa (found out that there is another website vergecurrency.info, is this a parked domain for redirection?? is it owned by the community?? if not we need to acquire it & use as a traffic redirect)

Alexa numbers are disappointing, you can view them here >> http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/vergecurrency.com

The most basic thing that we can do is start creating in pointing links from high traffic & page ranked sites.
This can be done using article marketing, by including the website in high quality web directories like dmoz, yahoo etc.

direct visits - 60.82%

these figures above are estimates & can be verified from >> http://checkpagerank.net/index.php or you can also try other Page rank checker sites

Article marketing, site inclusion in high quality web directories, an active twitter account (w/ handle) shall start showing slow but sure results.
Advertising the site on High traffic PTC websites can also start creating some traction for the currency, promoting the verge faucet is also a good idea. (can be promoted on neobux.com, clicksense.com etc)

I don't want to get over board by posting this info above, if any body from the forums have worked on this, then in that case i shall not reinvent the wheel & focus on what needs to be done to achieve the results as we want.

Just my two cents

yes i own vergecurrency.info, and .net and .org as well =]

JimmyS

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:43:57 PM

direct visits - 60.82%

Just my two cents

They should be at least redirected to homepage.  Better yet, small articles (unique) about the currency and with a link to the homepage.

Divine, I'm into SEO and SEAD and believe everything you said is correct, but I wouldn't put much weight on the alexa and google ranks.  The domain was first registered a few months ago.  Dev, you might want to take the 5 mins. to register the site at dmoz.org as it does help.  Additionally, and hoping you're open to constructive criticism,  the description on the page sucks (SEO speaking) and the logo and header links are missing 'title' or 'alt' text associating it with verge.  The google robots can't know that's the Verge logo or those links are to verge spec, verge wallets, verge pools, etc.  The anchor text used for link also have no relation to verge or xvg.  It would also help if your classes were named xvg-something or verge-something.  fa fa-gears or fa fa-lock have absolutely no relevance.  It all count and helps.

THe strategy should include keyword analysis to figure what potential investors are searching for and use those words/terms in the website, advertising text, titles and any inline links.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:21:30 PM

Just a few thoughts regarding marketing:

In my (non-crypto) social bubble, Bitcoin is still mostly associated with buying drugs over the internet. A currency that focusses heavily on privacy (especially if terms like "Tor" show up, which is in the mainstream perception basically the internet equivalent to the gates of hell) is probably even more seen as either a means to purchase drugs or the wet dream of all-in chemtrail/lizard people/flat earth tinfoil hats/preppers. You know the type.

I think at the moment, it is close to impossible to overcome these prejudices. Therefore, it might be a more successful way to find certain audiences, for whom Verge might be an interesting solution, instead of trying to reach a broad audience.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 01:38:06 AM

direct visits - 60.82%

Just my two cents

They should be at least redirected to homepage.  Better yet, small articles (unique) about the currency and with a link to the homepage.

Divine, I'm into SEO and SEAD and believe everything you said is correct, but I wouldn't put much weight on the alexa and google ranks.  The domain was first registered a few months ago.  Dev, you might want to take the 5 mins. to register the site at dmoz.org as it does help.  Additionally, and hoping you're open to constructive criticism,  the description on the page sucks (SEO speaking) and the logo and header links are missing 'title' or 'alt' text associating it with verge.  The google robots can't know that's the Verge logo or those links are to verge spec, verge wallets, verge pools, etc.  The anchor text used for link also have no relation to verge or xvg.  It would also help if your classes were named xvg-something or verge-something.  fa fa-gears or fa fa-lock have absolutely no relevance.  It all count and helps.

THe strategy should include keyword analysis to figure what potential investors are searching for and use those words/terms in the website, advertising text, titles and any inline links.

ill definitely rename the classes n add to the headers.. and point the other domains to the main site. we do show up when u search private cryptocurrency, and ill work on getting more results up under that as well.

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 11:15:33 AM

And the biggest gainer for today at 63% and over 54 BtC.....drum roll........
Truck Coin?
seriously?  Huh

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
g0ldm0ney10

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 05:05:16 PM

I like that we are finally thinking of marketing!!  Grin  I agree with thedivine1 and JimmyS above.  Every little bit helps in making the tweaks!!  We need to be in front of more people in order to get this price back up.  The interest was there with the name change, but since has vanished as I believe most people didn't know it was Doged that switched to Verge, they thought it was just another new shit coin to pump, which isn't the case.  The more we get in front of people to show them the real value of what Verge is, then we will start seeing the price where it should be.  Look at Ethereum (ETH).  They had/have a huge marketing program stating their partnership with Microsoft.  That is what the people see, it pumps, and now it has a great price and has set a baseline of where it is at today.  It is and will now be the second coin and looks like it will keep that position for some time and won't be coming down anytime soon.  This is what we need and I like that we are finally staring to look into this!!

Nice work guys!!  Cheesy

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:28:25 PM

Found out the original developer of boosted Lyra2v2 ccminer:

Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin

There is source code for the ccminer, for those who can compile from source at:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHk1hss4HZtCU60&id=C7ABE390AB1575E7%21825&cid=C7ABE390AB1575E7

So, the credit and fame should really go to the Japanese coder.
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: