April 27, 2024, 11:37:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843547 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 06:57:08 PM

Let us know if you get the BTC out. GL

Well, that went well. Sold into buys from 26 down to 20 sats. BtC withdrawal went as expected and is confirming as I write.

Now I can buy more at a REAL exchange.

@giantkin - exchanges that use 2fA will send a text with code or some you  use the new code from Google Auth. Yobit was the only one I use that didn't have 2fa setup. Just way down my list of exchanges I use.

@DeadBirdzz - someone in the exchange trollbox told me the wallet was in maintenance and suggested selling and withdraw BtC. Remember cryptsy he said?.....That was all it took. I lost my butt trading things at crapsy to coins I could withdrawl. 50 LtC, a little BtC and others I can't remember. Mostly to potcoin....you could get it out at a big loss. Bastards.

All things considered....went pretty well. Cool

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:07:27 PM

Well, that went well. Sold into buys from 26 down to 20 sats. BtC withdrawal went as expected and is confirming as I write.

Now I can buy more at a REAL exchange.

@giantkin - exchanges that use 2fA will send a text with code or some you  use the new code from Google Auth. Yobit was the only one I use that didn't have 2fa setup. Just way down my list of exchanges I use.

@DeadBirdzz - someone in the exchange trollbox told me the wallet was in maintenance and suggested selling and withdraw BtC. Remember cryptsy he said?.....That was all it took. I lost my butt trading things at crapsy to coins I could withdrawl. 50 LtC, a little BtC and others I can't remember. Mostly to potcoin....you could get it out at a big loss. Bastards.

All things considered....went pretty well. Cool

well, i cant use that google auth crap.  but 2fa works on a few exchanges nicely.   usually at log in...and withdraw.   tho that was at craptsy Wink  i lost alot there myself.

i sold into Dash and ltc.

i got a bit of ltc out, but the bulk is gone.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:21:30 PM

Glad you got it out. I don't trust yobit right now. I'm very interested to see how this whole LISK IOU situation plays out.

Yobit has raised their profile a bit but that whole thing stinks.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 08:02:56 PM

i've removed yobit from our OP and website.

again, please do not try to withdraw or deposit verge on yobit. they never updated, and are on the wrong chain, and they are oblivious to their customer support tickets, emails, and tweets.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:05:34 PM

I've never been a fan of yobit, I always thought they were sketchy with all the scammy ICOs but now with ignoring people, trading Lisk and even advertising here that they trade Lisk I'll definitely not use them if I can avoid it.

Nice job sticking up to them.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 08:08:18 PM

I've never been a fan of yobit, I always thought they were sketchy with all the scammy ICOs but now with ignoring people, trading Lisk and even advertising here that they trade Lisk I'll definitely not use them if I can avoid it.

ive written them emails, sent tweets and opened tickets.. and during that time, they found time to post advertisements and tweet ico's.

very, very, very irresponsible. we do more volume on bittrex in one day than their entire exchange does in a month.

edit: i just read they've been having trouble with withdraws, and are based in russia. russia is getting close to banning bitcoin, so their days might be numbered.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
UgOs

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:17:24 PM

ive written them emails, sent tweets and opened tickets.. and during that time, they found time to post advertisements and tweet ico's.

very, very, very irresponsible. we do more volume on bittrex in one day than their entire exchange does in a month.

edit: i just read they've been having trouble with withdraws, and are based in russia. russia is getting close to banning bitcoin, so their days might be numbered.

Good job dev! You are saluted!
amirmass

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:41:20 PM

trust me, i beleive you, they are acting very suspecious , and i know your good intentions.. that's why im in verge long time ago, i had my crypto money in Verge, 125k XVG  ..that seem to be lost right now ://

Was the address you sent to generated before or after the Fork? If it was before the Fork I think you'll be ok if/when they ever update.

I Bought XVG again few minutres after bittrex market opneded , so i guess that address is after the fork?

██
         ▐██▌
         █▌▐█
        ▐█  █▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀    █▌    ▐█  ▄█▀▀
      ▐█      █▌█▀
      █▌   ▄▄ ▐█
     ▐█  ▄██▀  █▌
     ██▄██▀    ▐█
    ▐███▀       █▌
Z-POP DREAM

▒▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
  ▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
   ▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
    ▒▒▒ ████▌
     ▒  ▐████
     █▌  ████▌
     ▐█  ▐███████▄
      █▌  ████████▌
      ▐█  ▐████████
       █▌  ████████▌
       ▐█  ▐████████
        █▌  ████████▌
GROW TALENT ★★★★
★★★★ CREATE STAR

▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█    ▒▒
  ▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌  ▒▒▒
   ▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█ ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒ ▀███████▌   ▒▒▒▒▒
     ▒      ▐████  ▒▒▒▒▒▒
     █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
     ▐█      ▐████▒▒▒▒▒▒
      █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒
 ▄▄   ▐█      ▐████ ▒▒
████   █▌      ████▌
 ▀▀    ▐█      ▐████
        █▌      ████▌
Website
White paper
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:46:30 PM

again, please do not try to withdraw or deposit verge on yobit. they never updated, and are on the wrong chain, and they are oblivious to their customer support tickets, emails, and tweets.
good move dev, personally l don t trust any centralized xc at all l ve lost some BTC at gox n Bter since l keep my coinz in wallets,verge has great future keep them in wallet if you can.
Regards

Beachguy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 08:58:12 PM

Good move Dev, I dumped my verge there and was able to withdraw BtC.
Hope others do the same, dump it and move btC or buy another coin and move that.
I'm done with them.

p75formula

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:09:26 PM

trust me, i beleive you, they are acting very suspecious , and i know your good intentions.. that's why im in verge long time ago, i had my crypto money in Verge, 125k XVG  ..that seem to be lost right now ://

Was the address you sent to generated before or after the Fork? If it was before the Fork I think you'll be ok if/when they ever update.

I Bought XVG again few minutres after bittrex market opneded , so i guess that address is after the fork?

What is important is not where they were sent from but the address they were sent to. When you sent to YoBit you had to first generate an address for your account. Did you create a deposit address at YoBit before or after the fork. If it was before the Fork then you should be ok because that address would still be valid on the new Fork. Now your only issue would be getting YoBit to update and not close up shop.

If it was after the fork then that address would have been generated by the old wallet on the old fork and I'm afraid that would mean your coins were sent to oblivion.
amirmass

Activity: 425

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:23:41 PM

What is important is not where they were sent from but the address they were sent to. When you sent to YoBit you had to first generate an address for your account. Did you create a deposit address at YoBit before or after the fork. If it was before the Fork then you should be ok because that address would still be valid on the new Fork. Now your only issue would be getting YoBit to update and not close up shop.

If it was after the fork then that address would have been generated by the old wallet on the old fork and I'm afraid that would mean your coins were sent to oblivion.

i just clicked on deposit and sent the coins to that address, how do you know if it's a new address after the fork or an old one?
(i used to have XVG on yobit few weeks ago, so it could be an old address)

██
         ▐██▌
         █▌▐█
        ▐█  █▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀    █▌    ▐█  ▄█▀▀
      ▐█      █▌█▀
      █▌   ▄▄ ▐█
     ▐█  ▄██▀  █▌
     ██▄██▀    ▐█
    ▐███▀       █▌
Z-POP DREAM

▒▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
  ▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
   ▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
    ▒▒▒ ████▌
     ▒  ▐████
     █▌  ████▌
     ▐█  ▐███████▄
      █▌  ████████▌
      ▐█  ▐████████
       █▌  ████████▌
       ▐█  ▐████████
        █▌  ████████▌
GROW TALENT ★★★★
★★★★ CREATE STAR

▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█    ▒▒
  ▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌  ▒▒▒
   ▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█ ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒ ▀███████▌   ▒▒▒▒▒
     ▒      ▐████  ▒▒▒▒▒▒
     █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
     ▐█      ▐████▒▒▒▒▒▒
      █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒
 ▄▄   ▐█      ▐████ ▒▒
████   █▌      ████▌
 ▀▀    ▐█      ▐████
        █▌      ████▌
Website
White paper
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:49:24 PM

I don't think this is right.  The new wallet update didn't change anything with the address generation.  As long as you generated an address on Yobit, and they still have the private key, your coins are not lost.  They may be in limbo for a while, but if you sent from an updated wallet, you just need to wait for yobit to update.  If you sent from a down leveled wallet after the fork, You should be able to update your wallet, and the coins should be back in your balance.  

Of course I could be all wrong...  Smiley        

A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:54:58 PM

I don't think this is right.  The new wallet update didn't change anything with the address generation.  As long as you generated an address on Yobit, and they still have the private key, your coins are not lost.  They may be in limbo for a while, but if you sent from an updated wallet, you just need to wait for yobit to update.  If you sent from a down leveled wallet after the fork, You should be able to update your wallet, and the coins should be back in your balance.  

Take a break on hammering yobit until after the next hardfork wallet is released. Be cool and hit them up a final time.

If at that point they don't update to 2.1 then consider your coins stolen, arbitrage, and never trade there again.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
Beachguy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 12:20:40 AM

Take  look at yobit's BCT thread......it isn't pretty.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914975.msg14538855#msg14538855

quote from above post -
"Stay away from YoBit. They stole my DCR which is now stuck in a forever pending "withdrawal". No reply from support.

It should also be noted that many of their wallets will go into perpetual "maintenance" leaving you only the option to sell your coins at a loss, or to lose them entirely. I ran a bot that traded from/to yobit and had to manually disable many coins that are in "maintenance". Enjoy the list:
         blacklist = [
         "CUBE", "XCO", "NKA", "GENE", "8BIT", "SUPER", "BSC", "TES", "SONG", "MND", "RMS", "IOC", "SDC", "DNET", "OK", "CIRC", "DROP", "XVG", "GSY", # wallet maintenance
         "XQN" # delayed
         ]

Their site is basically unmaintained and waiting to die. In the meantime, they're trying to squeeze all the money they can out of the few users that are left with shady practices (ponzi coins, selling LISK IOU's against the will of the developer)."

p75formula

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:32:38 AM

Address generation didn't change but a transaction on the blockchain is associated with and address and a priv key. If the address and the priv key were on the blockchain before the fork then they would now be on both forks. If the address and the priv key are generated using the old wallet and old fork then it's lost.

I also, am fine with being corrected but this is my understanding.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:36:06 AM

Address generation didn't change but a transaction on the blockchain is associated with and address and a priv key. If the address and the priv key were on the blockchain before the fork then they would now be on both forks. If the address and the priv key are generated using the old wallet and old fork then it's lost.

I also, am fine with being corrected but this is my understanding.

I we agree, but our wording would be different.

If the address and the priv key were on the blockchain before the fork then they would now be on both forks.

The wallet address is only on the block chain when it's involved in a transaction.  The private key is never on the block chain.  Since the transaction was before the fork, this is really business as usual.

If the address and the priv key are generated using the old wallet and old fork then it's lost.

I think this is both true and false.  It doesn't matter where or when the address/private keys got generated.  All post fork, If the sender was using the old wallet, the transaction would end up on an invalid fork.  Once the sender corrected their wallet, the wallet would not see the bad transaction, and so would not mark those coins as spent.  They would be returned to the balance, and the transaction to spend them would be lost.     
   If the receiver is using the old wallet, they would only see transactions on the old/invalid blockchain.  If the sender is at the higher level of the wallet, the transaction will never appear until the receiver updates their wallet.   

I'm not writing this to argue, but more to have someone correct me if I have something wrong. 

p75formula

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:59:41 AM

no need to worry. I know this is the internet where a lot of people's default state is to act as a raging prick and call everyone bad names, but I'm not like that.

TBH, I'm not sure either.

In other news, just checked and it looks like Cryptsy is officially offline. Not even the maintenance thing anymore.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:23:08 AM

As long as the address generation parameters doesn't change, it doesn't matter on which fork you're creating an address (you can also generate addresses offline without syncing).
It also doesn't matter which fork the exchange is on when you send coins or generate a new deposit address because the address and its private key works across all forks.
And since the exchange has the private key for the address you sent the coins to, the coins will arrive once the exchange is synced on the same fork as you sent the coins from.

Not your keys, not your coins!
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:28:07 AM

i see someone accumulation at 17-20sat Roll Eyes
i think we will see 70sat soon after reach block 350.000
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: