May 02, 2024, 03:57:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:56:17 AM

I always use 7zip on windows, but, with that being said, I still feel like someone who is complaining about what many coins are doing (and no one else ever complains about the same thing) must be doing something retarded.

yeah to be honest, i dont think i ever used the native windows zip extractor. i probably installed 7zip n winrar the first day.

I would actually use the native one due to laziness for a long time, but I found out due to Huntercoin blockchain bootstrap that it doesn't work for zip files larger than like 4-6 GB - it just silently fails and unzips corrupt files, so 7zip ever since then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
j7777

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:03:26 AM

You guys are idiots! if you upload a .rar file for the love of god don't change it to .zip because that's annoying, it causes the downloader to spend 11 hours trying to figure out why it won't decompress. don't be a dumbass and change the extension. if it's a .rar UPLOAD IT as a .rar

what file is this in relation to? lol

the wallet .zip and the blockchain .zip windows 7 native zip archiver won't open it, says it's not a zip file, after hours of screwing with it I figured out it's a .rar file and you changed the extension from .rar to .zip before uploading. change it back to .rar and reupload it plz.

verge-qt-win.zip needs to me renamed to verge-qt-win.rar and reuploaded.
same with the blockchain one. you're not the only coin that did this, it seems every one of them do that and it's annoying. don't change the file extension, keep the correct file extension.

uhmm.. im pretty sure its a winrar .zip archive and not actually a .rar file..  if you are having issues with alot of files "seeming" to be .zip's but they appear to be .rar's, you should get winrar or 7zip..

well that's what you did wrong, use winzip, not winrar. winrar zip archives are actually rar archives. you have to change the file extension to .rar and use universal extractor, universal extractor and windows native zip utility detects it as a .rar. use winzip. winrar is useless to windows users.

thats completely bizarre. im a native linux user, but i have been using windows for a long time. i guess you learn something new every day =]

I'm kinda stuck on windows, some of the coins I mine are only available as windows QT wallets, their sources are visual studio project files, written in visual C languages with a QT type interface so even cross compiling them on linux isn't even possible.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:12:43 PM

You guys are idiots! if you upload a .rar file for the love of god don't change it to .zip because that's annoying, it causes the downloader to spend 11 hours trying to figure out why it won't decompress. don't be a dumbass and change the extension. if it's a .rar UPLOAD IT as a .rar

the wallet .zip and the blockchain .zip windows 7 native zip archiver won't open it, says it's not a zip file, after hours of screwing with it I figured out it's a .rar file and you changed the extension from .rar to .zip before uploading. change it back to .rar and reupload it plz.

same with the blockchain one. you're not the only coin that did this, it seems every one of them do that and it's annoying. don't change the file extension, keep the correct file extension.

uhmm.. im pretty sure its a winrar .zip archive and not actually a .rar file..  if you are having issues with alot of files "seeming" to be .zip's but they appear to be .rar's, you should get winrar or 7zip..

well that's what you did wrong, use winzip, not winrar. winrar zip archives are actually rar archives. you have to change the file extension to .rar and use universal extractor, universal extractor and windows native zip utility detects it as a .rar. use winzip. winrar is useless to windows users.

thats completely bizarre. im a native linux user, but i have been using windows for a long time. i guess you learn something new every day =]

I'm kinda stuck on windows, some of the coins I mine are only available as windows QT wallets, their sources are visual studio project files, written in visual C languages with a QT type interface so even cross compiling them on linux isn't even possible.

I think that dev who does not pay attention to source that can be compiled on UNIX/Linux should not be developing coins on the first place.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 12:39:26 PM

whoa, people getting mad over something as simple as how to decompress a file?  Roll Eyes

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
j7777

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:52:04 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 01:02:31 PM by j7777

whoa, people getting mad over something as simple as how to decompress a file?  Roll Eyes

Nah just people compressing a file as a rar archive and changing the extension to .zip making it impossible to decompress without knowing the file format. hell just today I downloaded a file with a .zip extension, wouldn't unzip, universal extractor wouldn't even work, changed it to .rar, still no luck, didn't work as .tar either, took me over 90 attempts to figure out it was .tgz and the dev changed it to .zip to be a dick. Smiley it was a blockchain file. Look if ya have to change the file extension to get your host to accept it, atleast say something in the ann like "Yo, my file host only allows .zip files so you have to change the extension to .tgz or whatever to unzip it" it only takes a second, and it's the polite thing to do. it avoids annoying people.

j7777

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:23:27 PM

I think that dev who does not pay attention to source that can be compiled on UNIX/Linux should not be developing coins on the first place.

there could be many reasons, like only having one computer, with windows, or having a family that shares a computer, or is unfamiliar with GNU operating systems, there's alot of reasons, and personally I find it irritating. to say the least. Linux sources are superior cause .proj files are chained to the version of visual studio that created them (most devs don't list the version of visual studio they did the build on). what I'd like to see are some guidelines regarding what kinds of projects can be announced here. projects should also have to be capable of being cross platform built to be hosted here. things like misnaming file extensions should also be looked down on. also ICO's, there's no reason someone needs to run an ICO for 180 days like that one cryptonote coin, that goes from reasonable to pump N dump. this community needs a huge policy overhaul. the policies we have in place worked 5 years ago, but nowadays scammers have gotten smarter, more clever. the amounts of money ICO scammers get away with is just crazy, like one guy got nearly $30,000 dollars worth of bitcoin. the coin tanked. we need better oversight really.

00HasH

Activity: 473
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 02:03:56 PM

whoa, people getting mad over something as simple as how to decompress a file?  Roll Eyes

Nah just people compressing a file as a rar archive and changing the extension to .zip making it impossible to decompress without knowing the file format. hell just today I downloaded a file with a .zip extension, wouldn't unzip, universal extractor wouldn't even work, changed it to .rar, still no luck, didn't work as .tar either, took me over 90 attempts to figure out it was .tgz and the dev changed it to .zip to be a dick. Smiley it was a blockchain file. Look if ya have to change the file extension to get your host to accept it, atleast say something in the ann like "Yo, my file host only allows .zip files so you have to change the extension to .tgz or whatever to unzip it" it only takes a second, and it's the polite thing to do. it avoids annoying people.

man.. Winrar should be standard on every Windows computer.
Install it, and i'll bet you never will see that problem again

j7777

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:24:12 PM

I have winrar, winzip, universal extractor, file roller, windows native zip. and none of them work if you change the file extension on the file lol. the file still has to have the correct file extension, for instance file.tar.gz can't be renamed to file.zip it has to be correct.

sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:35:17 PM

whoa, people getting mad over something as simple as how to decompress a file?  Roll Eyes

Note, most of them haven't even finished college. I can't help laughing at them, they probably have no idea whats going on on this forum, or how to set up an internet connection between their computer and the outside world. How would u feel if u were unable to turn on a PC or even fire up a browser?
j7777

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 03:34:51 PM

How's it simple if the dev changes the filename extension and doesn't inform the community? you try to decompress it, the utility throws an error and aborts due to invalid filename/filetype or whatever, the dev doesn't list what type of file it was or how it was compressed so it can be easily decompressed. I still haven't been able to decompress Lottocoin's .zip download (uniextract says it's not a zip file, winrar doesn't recognize it either as a .zip or a .rar) I tried gunzip, i tried changing the extension to .rar, .tar.gz, .gz, tgz, .7z among others and nothing will decompress it and the dev is AWOL so asking what type of file it is isn't an option. I even scanned the archive with both winzip and winrar and it isn't corrupt, they just changed the extension and didn't inform about it in the ann. courtesy shouldn't be too difficult a thing for people in here to have. now I realize some file hosts will only let you upload .zip files but for the love of pete list in your ann how to decompress the file and what to change the extension too.

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 07:41:54 PM

How's it simple if the dev changes the filename extension and doesn't inform the community? you try to decompress it, the utility throws an error and aborts due to invalid filename/filetype or whatever, the dev doesn't list what type of file it was or how it was compressed so it can be easily decompressed. I still haven't been able to decompress Lottocoin's .zip download (uniextract says it's not a zip file, winrar doesn't recognize it either as a .zip or a .rar) I tried gunzip, i tried changing the extension to .rar, .tar.gz, .gz, tgz, .7z among others and nothing will decompress it and the dev is AWOL so asking what type of file it is isn't an option. I even scanned the archive with both winzip and winrar and it isn't corrupt, they just changed the extension and didn't inform about it in the ann. courtesy shouldn't be too difficult a thing for people in here to have. now I realize some file hosts will only let you upload .zip files but for the love of pete list in your ann how to decompress the file and what to change the extension too.

every file on our website/OP will extract perfectly with winrar. lottocoin is probably a scam =\

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:17:19 PM

I have winrar, winzip, universal extractor, file roller, windows native zip. and none of them work if you change the file extension on the file lol. the file still has to have the correct file extension, for instance file.tar.gz can't be renamed to file.zip it has to be correct.

Just a guess here, but maybe having so many utilities has caused the issue on your computer. Maybe they have all tried to associate themselves with the zip and rar file extensions.

I downloaded the vergecurrency.com/downloads/verge-qt-win.zip file just now and can decompress it with both Winrar and the Windows native tool, no problems, no renaming the file, nothing.
QuasiKurdo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:20:26 PM

I know you delete this post and i hope someone see this from this person

OH Crap just as I suspected...Verge hit 1 Sat again.  Looking week, no news, no marketing, no one knows the coin.  The miners are just taking profits and looks like all support walls and exchanges are super low volume.  Looking like we will go to a no bid again at this rate which means coin is worth 0.  Yikes!!  From being 70 Sat at one point back to nothing, very scary and sucks.  From Dev and others it seemed like this coin could gain some steam and be a good one on the market but doesn't appear so anymore.  Sad to see it come to this. Sad Sad

I aggree 100% this person. DEV, change your way with this coin or this coin is the end
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:28:17 PM

Anyone have some nodes. Getting stuck syncing...
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:30:36 PM

I know you delete this post and i hope someone see this from this person

OH Crap just as I suspected...Verge hit 1 Sat again.  Looking week, no news, no marketing, no one knows the coin.  The miners are just taking profits and looks like all support walls and exchanges are super low volume.  Looking like we will go to a no bid again at this rate which means coin is worth 0.  Yikes!!  From being 70 Sat at one point back to nothing, very scary and sucks.  From Dev and others it seemed like this coin could gain some steam and be a good one on the market but doesn't appear so anymore.  Sad to see it come to this. Sad Sad

I aggree 100% this person. DEV, change your way with this coin or this coin is the end

Maybe if it was posted in the speculation area, it would have stayed.

That post was kind of Doom and Gloom, but I do understand his feelings.

We can't blame the dev, since he is more active than any I have seen.
We need to figure out something positive and do it, to make things happen.
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:36:50 PM

Anyone have some nodes. Getting stuck syncing...

Not sure how many are active, but here are some that I found in my conf file:

addnode=104.131.144.82
addnode=138.201.91.159
addnode=162.243.30.96
addnode=198.211.100.230
addnode=37.59.24.15
addnode=74.120.220.54
addnode=78.46.190.152
addnode=85.214.23.49
addnode=85.24.169.215
addnode=91.65.103.62
addnode=95.46.98.50
addnode=98.115.147.74
addnode=104.236.107.27

edit: removed some stuff cause it was duplicated.

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:24:55 PM

Seems to be moving much more quickly now, thanks TheSignsGuy!
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 12:56:12 AM

in the future, you can use this: http://vergecurrency.info/network

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
A_McGriff

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:34:47 AM

in the future, you can use this: http://vergecurrency.info/network

Nice work on the blockexplorer Dev, lookin' sharp!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
_///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
MattvinMultimedia

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 11:32:00 PM

man this coin will never re bound

says who?

He just wants to buy XVG cheap lol

It will rebound in a month or two. With such BTC rally all alts are suffering.

you right about one thing, but btc rally is looking a little limp as of now.

Why would you sell at 1 Satoshi. Miner or Investor what is the point of losing half the profit when it was easliy selling at 2 Satoshi.
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: