Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69319 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:37:54 AM

The website is my focus this week, I hope to have it cleaned up and more information posted.  Easyminer has taken a back seat for a lot of that time due to our focus on the ASIC engineering as we have limited resources when it comes to that.  We have been putting some resources into Easyminer recently though.  We hope to have something more available RSN.

Website and more information is definitely a priority for this week, though.

Thank you! Smiley

I have no idea why this company fails to live up to any sort of time line they mention.
Your week is up. I went to your website. I still do not see any new information. Thus I do not place an order.
The week they referred to was the week during which the website was a priority, not the week by which it would be done. There may be nothing to show for the work, but they didn't promise a show.

This is the kind of crap though that makes them not even want to be this specific.

Give me a break.

The only people I can think of offhand that sends money to a company with only a vague idea of what they will
get in return is the bitcoin community and BFL. In the "race of greed" people forget common sense it seems. Having
a good idea of what you will get in return for your money, having actual proof that the device exists in some type of
form, and being able to have a somewhat solid time line for an expected delivery date is just good business sense.

But good business sense is lacking in this community based on the posts I have read around here for the last couple
of weeks. Naturally there are exceptions. But sending money to BFL with their previous track record is crazy. Show
the prototype/share the specs, be honest on a REAL delivery date for the first 100 units of each type, and stop being so secretive
about a product that is not rocket science. SHA256 for fucks sake. This is not an asic which can process IP packets 1000
times faster then Juniper or Cisco.

Oct is less then 3 weeks away. Nov 1st 7 weeks away. If they cannot produce what I would consider normal information
I list above on their website by tomorrow then everyone who already ordered should wonder wtf is going on.

YOU ARE THE CUSTOMERS. They provide a service/hardware. YOU PAID THEM. Yet you are their bitches. For real.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CubedRoot

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 04:27:15 AM

The website is my focus this week, I hope to have it cleaned up and more information posted.  Easyminer has taken a back seat for a lot of that time due to our focus on the ASIC engineering as we have limited resources when it comes to that.  We have been putting some resources into Easyminer recently though.  We hope to have something more available RSN.

Thank you! Smiley

I have no idea why this company fails to live up to any sort of time line they mention.
Your week is up. I went to your website. I still do not see any new information. Thus I do not place an order.
The week they referred to was the week during which the website was a priority, not the week by which it would be done. There may be nothing to show for the work, but they didn't promise a show.

This is the kind of crap though that makes them not even want to be this specific.

Give me a break.

The only people I can think of offhand that sends money to a company with only a vague idea of what they will
get in return is the bitcoin community and BFL. In the "race of greed" people forget common sense it seems. Having
a good idea of what you will get in return for your money, having actual proof that the device exists in some type of
form, and being able to have a somewhat solid time line for an expected delivery date is just good business sense.

But good business sense is lacking in this community based on the posts I have read around here for the last couple
of weeks. Naturally there are exceptions. But sending money to BFL with their previous track record is crazy. Show
the prototype/share the specs, be honest on a REAL delivery date for the first 100 units of each type, and stop being so secretive
about a product that is not rocket science. SHA256 for fucks sake. This is not an asic which can process IP packets 1000

Oct is less then 3 weeks away. Nov 1st 7 weeks away. If they cannot produce what I would consider normal information
I list above on their website by tomorrow then everyone who already ordered should wonder wtf is going on.

YOU ARE THE CUSTOMERS. They provide a service/hardware. YOU PAID THEM. Yet you are their bitches. For real.

Then again, there are some of us businessmen whom like to take chances.  The money I invested into my SC rig preorders was profits already earned.  I enjoy taking risks, and being the first to cash in on the high rewards of taking those risks. I will also admit, that sometimes those risks don't pan out, and I do loose money, but I never bitch about it.  Its the cost of doing business in a volatile market right now.  Safe mining does make you money...albeit slowly.  I don't like safe mining Smiley 

So, please stop passing judgement on those of us that enjoy taking the risk of paying for our pre-orders EARLY in the hopes of getting our SC rigs early. I believe in BFL, I like what they do, so I spend my dollar votes with them.  But in this case, my dollar votes were actually paid in Bitcoins Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 04:44:05 AM

Show

Really?  It's so easy, yes indeed.  So where can I purchase your super fast, lower power, awesome ASIC unit?  Oh, you don't have one?  Huh, I guess it's not so easy then.

BFL can not be blamed for your failure to read or pay attention.  You can pin a lot of stuff on BFL, but your lack of reading comprehension or attention to detail, I do not believe, is one of them.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:01:31 PM

Thank you! Smiley

Give me a break.

Yes, I paid, and I expect my product to arrive, preferably sooner rather than later. But the shinyness of their website doesn't affect me one bit.

If you haven't paid them then quit bitching, if you want to pay them get in line, if you have paid them then you still get to wait in line like everyone else. Shipping information is something I figure they'd be more likely to post here than on their website as it's timely and the information is out of date a week after it's posted. For a more concrete example, if they post to their website saying they'll ship October 23rd (no one get excited, this is just a date I'm pulling out of thin air) then they still have to update their website again later to remove or update that information for the next batch of shipments. If they post that the first X many preorders are going out on Oct 23rd then lots of people would get the message here and know what's going on.

That being said, any updates on shipping timeframe or if the current strategy leans toward large or small first shipment?
somenick
Legendary

Activity: 1286
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 11:12:12 AM

When the release date?
btharper

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 12:15:11 PM

When the release date?
Latest ship date I'm aware of is late October or early November. @BFL, any more certain dates yet?
BFL_Josh

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 08:54:20 PM

No more certain dates as of yet.  We are still nailing down production procedures for how many we can produce a day.

btharper

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:04:11 PM

No more certain dates as of yet.  We are still nailing down production procedures for how many we can produce a day.
Can you ballpark for us how the number of units you can produce daily relates to the number of orders you're taking daily? or how long you currently expect (again, ballpark) for the first x% of orders to go out?

Any info is good info.
BFL_Josh

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 09:13:32 PM

Not at this time, no.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 01:21:46 AM

it's time to publish detailed photos of three systems, videos of each mining at full capacity, etc ... is absurd that we continue buying blindly.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:32:01 AM

it's time to publish detailed photos of three systems, videos of each mining at full capacity, etc ... is absurd that we continue buying blindly.

Then don't buy.
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:11:57 AM

Then don't buy.

lol exactly. People keep complaining and crying, well if you don't want to take the risk to pre-order, don't. Nothing is forcing you to pre-order. Wait until they are released then order. Goddamn.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 02:22:43 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 02:56:48 AM by tbcoin

Then don't buy.

lol exactly. People keep complaining and crying, well if you don't want to take the risk to pre-order, don't. Nothing is forcing you to pre-order. Wait until they are released then order. Goddamn.

I don't think that pre-order means "don't know what you buy".

At beginning is logical, there is avalon, they still have nothing, but at this point I think it that no should be problem posting this info.

I trust BFL but this is a little annoying

EDIT:
It's something: D

jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:45:55 AM

Then don't buy.

At beginning is logical, there is avalon, they still have nothing, but at this point I think it that no should be problem posting this info.

EDIT:

Whats annoying? The picture or ?
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 08:48:23 AM

Then don't buy.

EDIT:

Whats annoying? The picture or ?
Edit means  that I found image after writing the post, annoying is that there is not more detailed information of the systems.

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:19:55 AM

EDIT:
http://www.btcmu.info/templates/malita-fjt/slideshow/1.jpg
Oh, you don't think there would be a problem posting this info? Well it's settled then, they should post it! You obviously know more about BFL and their state of development than they do themselves.

As others have said, if you don't want to buy before pictures and videos are released, don't buy anything. The notion that BFL "owes" you information on their products is just childish.
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:31:10 AM

EDIT:
http://www.btcmu.info/templates/malita-fjt/slideshow/1.jpg
Oh, you don't think there would be a problem posting this info? Well it's settled then, they should post it! You obviously know more about BFL and their state of development than they do themselves.

As others have said, if you don't want to buy before pictures and videos are released, don't buy anything. The notion that BFL "owes" you information on their products is just childish.

Development Status? if at five days to initial product delivery scheduled are still under development would be very bad thing.

As a customer of course I have a right to know what I buy.

psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 09:33:01 AM

You aren't a customer, you are a potential one.
I'm sure you will buy something when you are woo'ed

Anyone want to buy what I am holding behind my back? Addy in sig.

dip
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 09:39:14 AM

You aren't a customer, you are a potential one.
I'm sure you will buy something when you are woo'ed

Anyone want to buy what I am holding behind my back? Addy in sig.

Yes I am a customer, and probably do more pre-orders, I said that I trust in BFL, but it is annoying not to have more information when entrusted with large sums of money.

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 10:01:19 AM

No. You choosing to enter into a pre-order agreement does not grant you any right to additional information about the product you've pre-ordered. As an intelligent person you made the decision to place a pre-order with whatever information was available at the time. You don't gain any rights to more information after you've placed your order. If you regret your purchase, I'm sure BFL will help you cancel it.

Stop whining about people owing you information, and instead make a decision with the information you have available.
Things - and, indeed, life in general - work much more smoothly this way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: