Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:33:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 11:50:42 PM

You truly think I did not try.  I was an altar boy. I believed in every bit of the stories in the Bible.  Until I turned 12.  From that point on, the Bible made less and less sense.

Now, when I open the Bible, it is just to point out to guys like you, that these Bronze Age stories do not make one iota of sense.

It is impossible to read the Bible and not realize what it is.  You have to be completely ignorant of the scientific facts to accept any of the
stories as truths.  10,000 years old, flat Earth, talking snakes, making humans out of dirt, or human bones, making plants before the Sun, or bacteria.  Virgin pregnancies?  Hell or heaven concepts, resurrection, three Gods in one, etc.  Not to mention the moral code, slavery, prostituting your own daughters, misogyny, discrimination of women and gays, cannibalism, killing children, killing whole tribes, the list goes on...

The Bible is a vile book written by primitive psychopaths over the course of 2,500+ years.  It should be studied and ridiculed for what it is.

You have told us your personal church history in the past. You switched your religions - Roman Catholic to man-made science - because you wanted to, not because Bible truths don't make sense.

The Bible is a wonderful book. It shows the love of God for you, in the fact of the life, suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus, God's Son, for you. God is trying to give you eternal life, through His Son Jesus. And it pains Him that all that you seem to want to do is throw your life away.

You are on the verge of making a new start. The Catholic Church is not the right place. Nor is man-made science. Your better bets are Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, or one of the many non-denominational curches.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2021, 04:59:06 AM

You truly think I did not try.  I was an altar boy. I believed in every bit of the stories in the Bible.  Until I turned 12.  From that point on, the Bible made less and less sense.

Now, when I open the Bible, it is just to point out to guys like you, that these Bronze Age stories do not make one iota of sense.

It is impossible to read the Bible and not realize what it is.  You have to be completely ignorant of the scientific facts to accept any of the
stories as truths.  10,000 years old, flat Earth, talking snakes, making humans out of dirt, or human bones, making plants before the Sun, or bacteria.  Virgin pregnancies?  Hell or heaven concepts, resurrection, three Gods in one, etc.  Not to mention the moral code, slavery, prostituting your own daughters, misogyny, discrimination of women and gays, cannibalism, killing children, killing whole tribes, the list goes on...

The Bible is a vile book written by primitive psychopaths over the course of 2,500+ years.  It should be studied and ridiculed for what it is.

You have told us your personal church history in the past. You switched your religions - Roman Catholic to man-made science - because you wanted to, not because Bible truths don't make sense.

The Bible is a wonderful book. It shows the love of God for you, in the fact of the life, suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus, God's Son, for you. God is trying to give you eternal life, through His Son Jesus. And it pains Him that all that you seem to want to do is throw your life away.

You are on the verge of making a new start. The Catholic Church is not the right place. Nor is man-made science. Your better bets are Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, or one of the many non-denominational curches.

Cool

You still do not understand.  I do not need religion to feel content with my life, or have a purpose in life.

I find these religious cults repugnant, insincere, and childish.

Maybe because I know for sure that there is no life after death.  Life and death are mutually exclusive.

The chemical elements and the energy stored in the chemical bonds in your body are just recycled.  That is it.

You are wasting your time.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 04:37:05 PM

You truly think I did not try.  I was an altar boy. I believed in every bit of the stories in the Bible.  Until I turned 12.  From that point on, the Bible made less and less sense.

It is impossible to read the Bible and not realize what it is.  You have to be completely ignorant of the scientific facts to accept any of the
stories as truths.  10,000 years old, flat Earth, talking snakes, making humans out of dirt, or human bones, making plants before the Sun, or bacteria.  Virgin pregnancies?  Hell or heaven concepts, resurrection, three Gods in one, etc.  Not to mention the moral code, slavery, prostituting your own daughters, misogyny, discrimination of women and gays, cannibalism, killing children, killing whole tribes, the list goes on...

The Bible is a vile book written by primitive psychopaths over the course of 2,500+ years.  It should be studied and ridiculed for what it is.

Cool

You still do not understand.  I do not need religion to feel content with my life, or have a purpose in life.

Maybe because I know for sure that there is no life after death.  Life and death are mutually exclusive.

The chemical elements and the energy stored in the chemical bonds in your body are just recycled.  That is it.

When you look at the powerful, ancient civilizations, you will find remnants of thousands of gods and religions. Many of them had the same religion you do, a religion of attempting to not have religion.

People don't know the future. They don't know if their car is going to get into an accident today, with them being killed. They don't know if their plane is going to crash. They don't know if Covid is going to get them. Some seek out the religions of gods and churches. Others seek out the religion of science and engineering. Others, "Whatever will happen, will happen. No use crying about it." Still others try to bury their minds in the religion of self-embraced ignorance. But all have religion, because they are religious beings, because nobody knows the future, and life is too scary to live without the security of something... a thing we call religion, which tells them that things will work out, so they don't go off the deep end.

Recognize this truth. Just because you had trouble with one religion, doesn't mean you stopped being human when you switched to the religion you have now... a religion of attempting to have no religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2021, 07:05:35 PM

You truly think I did not try.  I was an altar boy. I believed in every bit of the stories in the Bible.  Until I turned 12.  From that point on, the Bible made less and less sense.

It is impossible to read the Bible and not realize what it is.  You have to be completely ignorant of the scientific facts to accept any of the
stories as truths.  10,000 years old, flat Earth, talking snakes, making humans out of dirt, or human bones, making plants before the Sun, or bacteria.  Virgin pregnancies?  Hell or heaven concepts, resurrection, three Gods in one, etc.  Not to mention the moral code, slavery, prostituting your own daughters, misogyny, discrimination of women and gays, cannibalism, killing children, killing whole tribes, the list goes on...

The Bible is a vile book written by primitive psychopaths over the course of 2,500+ years.  It should be studied and ridiculed for what it is.

Cool

You still do not understand.  I do not need religion to feel content with my life, or have a purpose in life.

Maybe because I know for sure that there is no life after death.  Life and death are mutually exclusive.

The chemical elements and the energy stored in the chemical bonds in your body are just recycled.  That is it.

When you look at the powerful, ancient civilizations, you will find remnants of thousands of gods and religions. Many of them had the same religion you do, a religion of attempting to not have religion.

People don't know the future. They don't know if their car is going to get into an accident today, with them being killed. They don't know if their plane is going to crash. They don't know if Covid is going to get them. Some seek out the religions of gods and churches. Others seek out the religion of science and engineering. Others, "Whatever will happen, will happen. No use crying about it." Still others try to bury their minds in the religion of self-embraced ignorance. But all have religion, because they are religious beings, because nobody knows the future, and life is too scary to live without the security of something... a thing we call religion, which tells them that things will work out, so they don't go off the deep end.

Recognize this truth. Just because you had trouble with one religion, doesn't mean you stopped being human when you switched to the religion you have now... a religion of attempting to have no religion.

Cool

If you want a psychological crutch, pick something that is based on reason and logic.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 11:27:24 PM

Cool

If you want a psychological crutch, pick something that is based on reason and logic.

If you want the truth, pick on something that is based on God. Reason and logic don't cut it. You can tell by all the reason and logic from the past that has had to have been redone, because it wasn't right.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2021, 02:18:17 AM

Cool

If you want the truth, pick on something that is based on God. Reason and logic don't cut it. You can tell by all the reason and logic from the past that has had to have been redone, because it wasn't right.

Cool

I cannot because the concept of God is not based on logic and reason.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 07:44:56 PM

Cool

Cool

So you think logic and reason can solve it all? No atheism there. Just a logic/reason false god.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2021, 05:06:52 AM

Cool

Cool

So you think logic and reason can solve it all? No atheism there. Just a logic/reason false god.

Cool

What is the alternative? A made-up solution to all unknowns?

At least with logic and reason, it guarantees us that whatever we discover will be either factual or pretty close to it.

Science is a constant work in progress.

There will always be something we don't know, something that can be discovered.

With God and religious dogmas, you don't need to investigate anything, you already have the answers to all your questions:
"God did it." or "God works in mysterious ways."

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 05:35:20 PM

Cool

At least with logic and reason, it guarantees us that whatever we discover will be either factual or pretty close to it.

With God and religious dogmas, you don't need to investigate anything, you already have the answers to all your questions:

Some people suggest that there are some 3,000 gods out there. You made up a new one - logic and reason. So, take your pick, or make up another new one. Guess what 3,000-gods shows us. People are religious beings. It's in their nature.

So, look at all the logic and reason that has changed over the centuries. Doesn't sound very god-like to me. Especially since we still use some of Aristotle's and others' logic and reason.

Of course science is a work in progress. Consider all the astronomy that is guesswork, because we haven't gone to the ends of the universe to see if it's really true or not. Science, a really weak god, except sometimes when we use it to handle things right around us. Why not accept the Bible records for what they are... eye witness reports.

You are wrong about religious dogmas. They are built on direct understandings from some religious ideals.

A microbe doesn't understand us we are so much greater than it is. God is far greater than we are. He has revealed Himself and the universe to us in the Bible. But...

Read Jesus's Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5 to 7, and realize that it is parables. Why is it parables? Because Jesus, Himself, said in other places that He only used parables when He spoke to the people, but He explained everything to His disciples, plainly. So, go to all those parables, and figure out the non-parable explanation for each. If you do that one thing, you will have a tiny explanation of what God is telling you. If you don't do this, it's easy to sit around and say, '"God did it." or "God works in mysterious ways."'.

No atheism. Simply frustrated people like you, because they won't believe the revelation the whole Bible shows us.

Cool

CryptocurencyKing

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 06:13:53 PM

If there is one thing I've come to understand is that, religion is about a way of life of a people or person and as such, its got everything you do with believes. People would always have these believes which is entirely there's. So, if you ain't on the same frequency of reasoning with them, there is no telling as to whom is right or not. That's even if there is a right or wrong relation about it.

Constantly dragging the fact that, there is a or another supernatural being whom is presumed to have created all that is in the world is not going to end or cause any major changes. So, let's just let people be with there believes and hope it does the world a great good.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2021, 09:38:49 PM

Cool

Some people suggest that there are some 3,000 gods out there. You made up a new one - logic and reason. So, take your pick, or make up another new one. Guess what 3,000-gods shows us. People are religious beings. It's in their nature.

So, look at all the logic and reason that has changed over the centuries. Doesn't sound very god-like to me. Especially since we still use some of Aristotle's and others' logic and reason.

Of course science is a work in progress. Consider all the astronomy that is guesswork, because we haven't gone to the ends of the universe to see if it's really true or not. Science, a really weak god, except sometimes when we use it to handle things right around us. Why not accept the Bible records for what they are... eye witness reports.

You are wrong about religious dogmas. They are built on direct understandings from some religious ideals.

A microbe doesn't understand us we are so much greater than it is. God is far greater than we are. He has revealed Himself and the universe to us in the Bible. But...

Read Jesus's Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5 to 7, and realize that it is parables. Why is it parables? Because Jesus, Himself, said in other places that He only used parables when He spoke to the people, but He explained everything to His disciples, plainly. So, go to all those parables, and figure out the non-parable explanation for each. If you do that one thing, you will have a tiny explanation of what God is telling you. If you don't do this, it's easy to sit around and say, '"God did it." or "God works in mysterious ways."'.

No atheism. Simply frustrated people like you, because they won't believe the revelation the whole Bible shows us.

Cool

Can snakes speak?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2021, 01:59:51 AM

Cool

Cool

Can snakes speak?

Why do you ask that? Everybody knows that snakes have a hissing speech.

We are so dumb. WE are devolving. Adam and Eve could understand the speech of snakes. We can't.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2021, 08:27:41 PM

Cool

Cool

Can snakes speak?

We are so dumb. WE are devolving. Adam and Eve could understand the speech of snakes. We can't.

Cool

"Hissing speech", what the fuck is that?  

Adam and Eve were linguistic herpetologists and used specially constructed amplifiers?

Do you know the size of the snake's brain?  Do you know that snakes can only hear in the 100-200 Hz range?

Human consonants are in the 2000-5000 Hz range, while vowels are in the 500-2000 Hz.

How the heck did that snake hear and understand what Eve was saying to him?  Was she hissing to him in low frequency?

BTW, the Bible says the snake spoke to her, not hissed to her.  LOL.  Genesis 3:4  

So take this up with your God.  That is what he said.  Snake talked to Eve.  LOL.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2021, 01:09:06 AM

Cool

"Hissing speech", what the fuck is that? - Comne on! Dogs talk by barking. Some animals talk by growling. Some snakes talk by hissing.

Adam and Eve were linguistic herpetologists and used specially constructed amplifiers? - Back in the beginning, 7,500 years ago, everything was a lot healthier... different. The Bible record says Adam lived 930 years. His hearing abilities were much better than ours. So was his understanding for understanding the languages of the animals. And what Eve didn't have naturally, Adam taught her.

Do you know the size of the snake's brain?  Do you know that snakes can only hear in the 100-200 Hz range? - But we don't know what things were like that could make a person live to 930 years. So we don't know how much more glorious snakes were back then. After all, they even had legs back then.

Human consonants are in the 2000-5000 Hz range, while vowels are in the 500-2000 Hz.

How the heck did that snake hear and understand what Eve was saying to him?  Was she hissing to him in low frequency? - Answered that already. Seventy-five hundred years ago, things were a lot healthier. And we can't begin to guess what it was like, because it was before sin had entered the world.

BTW, the Bible says the snake spoke to her, not hissed to her.  LOL.  Genesis 3:4  

So take this up with your God.  That is what he said.  Snake talked to Eve.  LOL.

You just can't understand that when you talk by hissing, that's the way you talk. Some people might understand your hissing noises - your hissing speech - others might not.

Wake up a little. All you are doing is talking yourself out of your atheism religion.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2021, 02:04:58 AM

Cool

"Hissing speech", what the fuck is that? - Comne on! Dogs talk by barking. Some animals talk by growling. Some snakes talk by hissing.

Adam and Eve were linguistic herpetologists and used specially constructed amplifiers? - Back in the beginning, 7,500 years ago, everything was a lot healthier... different. The Bible record says Adam lived 930 years. His hearing abilities were much better than ours. So was his understanding for understanding the languages of the animals. And what Eve didn't have naturally, Adam taught her.

Do you know the size of the snake's brain?  Do you know that snakes can only hear in the 100-200 Hz range? - But we don't know what things were like that could make a person live to 930 years. So we don't know how much more glorious snakes were back then. After all, they even had legs back then.

How the heck did that snake hear and understand what Eve was saying to him?  Was she hissing to him in low frequency? - Answered that already. Seventy-five hundred years ago, things were a lot healthier. And we can't begin to guess what it was like, because it was before sin had entered the world.

You just can't understand that when you talk by hissing, that's the way you talk. Some people might understand your hissing noises - your hissing speech - others might not.

Wake up a little. All you are doing is talking yourself out of your atheism religion.

Cool

A few thousand years ago people were a lot sicker than now.  The average life span was 35 years.  People were dying like flies.

Animals communicate by various means, but only humans developed vocal language.

Snakes do not talk, never did.  The Bible is a fairy tale.  God is a Bronze Age fictional character, along with the talking snake or donkey.

Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2021, 06:35:39 AM

Maybe because I know for sure that there is no life after death.  Life and death are mutually exclusive.

You are correct about no life after death, only that there is judgement after death according to what the bible says in the book of Hebrews 9:27. I know you do not believe the bible or read it any more but am only stating that part in case you missed it. It means that once someone dies they do not have another opportunity to adjust their way and attitude until the day of judgement.
Masplanc

Activity: 798
Merit: 34

View Profile
November 03, 2021, 08:40:53 AM

You been an atheist its your choice and it's best for you. Anybody can can choose a way to follow or believe. Your reasons to be an atheist is your best choice, follow up on what you feel like to do.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2021, 01:23:27 PM

You are correct about no life after death, only that there is judgement after death according to what the bible says in the book of Hebrews 9:27. I know you do not believe the bible or read it any more but am only stating that part in case you missed it. It means that once someone dies they do not have another opportunity to adjust their way and attitude until the day of judgement.

I don't care what supernatural stories some Bronze Age psychopaths conjured up.

BTW, the Bible also says animals can talk, Earth is flat and 6000 years old. 
It supports slavery, discrimination of women, killing of gays, killing of children, cannibalism. 

Why would any decent human being care what the Bible says is beyond me?

It is a nasty, vile book that everyone should actually read.

Your book does not scare me.  When death is here, I am not.  When I am, death is not.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2021, 10:27:34 PM

It supports slavery, discrimination of women, killing of gays, killing of children, cannibalism.  

Your book does not scare me.  When death is here, I am not.  When I am, death is not.

The Bible says stuff about earth. Lots of books do. People go to movies to watch things way more vile than what the Bible talks about.

The Bible also says that some people reject what the Bible says, to their own damnation. Such a vile book, because it is trying to bring jokers like you to eternal life in heavenly joy with God and the rest of the saints.

Actually, at the judgment, when you see the righteousness of God giving you what you asked for... Hell... won't make it any less painful there... except for the tiny bit of satisfaction in knowing that God is good enough to unbelievers that He gives even them what they asked for.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2021, 02:37:12 PM

Your book does not scare me.  When death is here, I am not.  When I am, death is not.

The Bible says stuff about earth. Lots of books do. People go to movies to watch things way more vile than what the Bible talks about.

The Bible also says that some people reject what the Bible says, to their own damnation. Such a vile book, because it is trying to bring jokers like you to eternal life in heavenly joy with God and the rest of the saints.

Actually, at the judgment, when you see the righteousness of God giving you what you asked for... Hell... won't make it any less painful there... except for the tiny bit of satisfaction in knowing that God is good enough to unbelievers that He gives even them what they asked for.

Cool

And back to physical threats, when everything else fails.

You cannot hurt someone who is dead already.  Just like you cannot anger a rock.

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: