Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:41:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:01:41 PM

Your identity is inside your brain, I agree.  Your emotions are inside your brain.  You can call them spirit(s), no issues.

But do you believe spirits exist outside of your brain? What are they made of?

Where is the Holy Spirit, or any other spirit, other than human emotions located?

Forget your Christian mythology for a second, and think about the spirits, what are they and where are they right now?

Are they in our physical universe or outside of it?

If they are like God, residing outside of the known universe they are indistinguishable from things that do not exist such as fairies.

I think that this "spirit" idea is a fundamental concept of any religion.  

Once you unpack that, the rest of the storyline falls apart like a house of cards.

So it was a serious question: what are the spirits made of and where do they live?  And more specifically what is the Holy Spirit made of and where does he live?

How do you know that your mind or identity are inside your brain? You have been saying that science hasn't been able to even find these things, even though they are obvious. Think about the following, and apply it.

----------

Go to a railroad track somewhere, and get down and place your ear on the track. You can hear a train coming from great distances away. The track is solid, but you can hear the train farther away than you can hear it through the air. In other words, sound travels through solids.

Same with under water. Sounds that you hear underwater are different than the way you hear them through the air. But they are there, and sometimes even clearer.

Now don't jump into preconceived notions of what I am about to say next >>> Consider the aether that notbatman talks about now and again. He talks about it, but doesn't ever really explain what it is. There isn't much explanation about it anywhere, except that some people think that it exists.

Next, consider the vibration aspect of electromagnetic waves moving through space. Sound uses material to vibrate through. What does electromagnetic vibration vibrate through? What is the medium that light waves use? Light is to what, as sound is to the material it vibrates through?

We call it empty space, because it seems empty to us. But the reason it seems empty, is that our bodies are actually made up of subatomic particles/vibrations, electromagnetic energy waves traveling in circular motion, reacting off each other, and off the medium that they are traveling through, right? So, everything is electromagnetic waves way down deep into the microcosm.

This means that there is a "substance" (that some people call the aether) that everything vibrates through, electromagnetically. We don't know much of anything about that substance. And the reason we don't is that it is a different form of substance than the substance of complexly interacting electromagnetic waves that material is made up of.

And it seems that we are intentionally focused away from examining it... Einstein didn't have the training for the things he spouted, but they seem to work. So where did he get his ideas that seem to be so accurate? And why did he look away from the idea of explaining the aether when it seems that it would be a logical thing for electromagnetic waves to be traveling through?

Now, don't answer those questions... at least without considering the point, first.

----------

The point is, we don't know, and seem to be shutting ourselves off from, the answers to your questions, of how the soul and emotions can exist outside of the brain. But we don't know that they don't. And we don't know that they can't. And the evidence that they might, lies in understanding that there might be a whole lot more to the medium that electromagnetic waves travel through, than is outwardly admitted in standard scientific circles.

Personally, I think the mind can work through the spirit and soul to manipulate the fabric of space, itself.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 02:09:35 PM

Your identity is inside your brain, I agree.  Your emotions are inside your brain.  You can call them spirit(s), no issues.

Where is the Holy Spirit, or any other spirit, other than human emotions located?

Forget your Christian mythology for a second, and think about the spirits, what are they and where are they right now?

If they are like God, residing outside of the known universe they are indistinguishable from things that do not exist such as fairies.

Once you unpack that, the rest of the storyline falls apart like a house of cards.

So it was a serious question: what are the spirits made of and where do they live?  And more specifically what is the Holy Spirit made of and where does he live?

How do you know that your mind or identity are inside your brain? You have been saying that science hasn't been able to even find these things, even though they are obvious. Think about the following, and apply it.

----------

Go to a railroad track somewhere, and get down and place your ear on the track. You can hear a train coming from great distances away. The track is solid, but you can hear the train farther away than you can hear it through the air. In other words, sound travels through solids.

Same with under water. Sounds that you hear underwater are different than the way you hear them through the air. But they are there, and sometimes even clearer.

Now don't jump into preconceived notions of what I am about to say next >>> Consider the aether that notbatman talks about now and again. He talks about it, but doesn't ever really explain what it is. There isn't much explanation about it anywhere, except that some people think that it exists.

Next, consider the vibration aspect of electromagnetic waves moving through space. Sound uses material to vibrate through. What does electromagnetic vibration vibrate through? What is the medium that light waves use? Light is to what, as sound is to the material it vibrates through?

We call it empty space, because it seems empty to us. But the reason it seems empty, is that our bodies are actually made up of subatomic particles/vibrations, electromagnetic energy waves traveling in circular motion, reacting off each other, and off the medium that they are traveling through, right? So, everything is electromagnetic waves way down deep into the microcosm.

This means that there is a "substance" (that some people call the aether) that everything vibrates through, electromagnetically. We don't know much of anything about that substance. And the reason we don't is that it is a different form of substance than the substance of electromagnetic waves that material is made up of.

And it seems that we are intentionally focused away from examining it... Einstein didn't have the training for the things he spouted, but they seem to work. So where did he get his ideas that seem to be so accurate? And why did he look away from the idea of explaining the aether when it seems that it would be a logical thing for electromagnetic waves to be traveling through?

Now, don't answer those questions... at least without considering the point, first.

----------

The point is, we don't know, and seem to be shutting ourselves off from, the answers to your questions, of how the soul and emotions can exist outside of the brain. But we don't know that they don't. And we don't know that they can't. And the evidence that they might, lies in understanding that there might be a whole lot more to the medium that electromagnetic waves travel through, than is outwardly admitted in standard scientific circles.

Personally, I think the mind can work through the spirit and soul to manipulate the fabric of space, itself.

Cool

So your answer is you don't know.  Is that your answer final answer?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:20:12 PM

----------

This means that there is a "substance" (that some people call the aether) that everything vibrates through, electromagnetically. We don't know much of anything about that substance. And the reason we don't is that it is a different form of substance than the substance of electromagnetic waves that material is made up of.

----------

Cool

So your answer is you don't know.  Is that your answer final answer?

I don't know if that is my final answer. But there is more evidence for the idea that emotions, soul, spirit, and mind, are a whole lot more than figments of "simple" brain bio-electrics.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 06:09:48 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

----------

----------

Cool

So your answer is you don't know.  Is that your answer final answer?

I don't know if that is my final answer. But there is more evidence for the idea that emotions, soul, spirit, and mind, are a whole lot more than figments of "simple" brain bio-electrics.

Cool

So you don't know what spirits are but you believe they exist outside of our bodies?

How can you believe in something that you don't know what it is?  That is just mind-blowing.  At least Flat Earthers know what they believe in.

You religious guys don't even know what exactly you believe in.  You are unable to define and describe the fundamental concept of your dogma, i.e. soul or non-personal spirits.

You believe in a story provided to you since childhood.  That is why you believe, without question, without common sense, without knowing what exactly you believe in.

Don't feel bad, you and billions of other people have been brainwashed into the same cult.  If you have any intelligence left, stop for a second, and ask yourself, what exactly is a spirit, or soul and why scientists were unable to detect it in the last 100 years.

Or better yet, stop believing that things that you cannot define exist.  

It is like me saying: "I know that HexHronoExus exists, I cannot tell you what it is or what it looks like, but trust me I know it exists. I feel its presence."

Would you consider me a sane person for having such a belief?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 08:04:59 PM

So you don't know what spirits are but you believe they exist outside of our bodies?

How can you believe in something that you don't know what it is?  That is just mind-blowing.  At least Flat Earthers know what they believe in.

You religious guys don't even know what exactly you believe in.  You are unable to define and describe the fundamental concept of your dogma, i.e. soul or non-personal spirits.

You believe in a story provided to you since childhood.  That is why you believe, without question, without common sense, without knowing what exactly you believe in.

Don't feel bad, you and billions of other people have been brainwashed into the same cult.  If you have any intelligence left, stop for a second, and ask yourself, what exactly is a spirit, or soul and why scientists were unable to detect it in the last 100 years.

It is like me saying: "I know that HexHronoExus exists, I cannot tell you what it is or what it looks like, but trust me I know it exists. I feel its presence."

Now you are talking just silly.

You believe in things that you don't know, but that you have some evidence for. The things that you know, are the things that you don't believe in. Why don't you believe them? Because you know them.

For example, when you sit down at the table for a meal, do you believe that the chair is there? Or don't you? You don't believe it. You know it. You know it so well that you don't even think about it. You simply go and sit down.

If you don't understand that there is some evidence that spirits exist outside the body, you have been leading a sheltered life... very sheltered. All you need do is some Internet searches to see that there is evidence. Since there is evidence of out of body, why do you think that you know that spirits don't exist outside the body? You sound a little like you are missing some part of your brain.

As far as your HexHronoExus, I don't know what it is, and at the moment, I don't much care. But why would I consider you insane if you know it exists. I mean, if you have such a belief, that's between you and the wall. But... don't you think that you should examine what it is that you said up there^^^? You didn't say belief that it exists. You said Know that it exists. Then you said that you believe that you know. You are talking about something that everybody does about something. Are you trying to say that people are insane, and get me to agree with you about something that you are unclear on?

On top of that, when you say that I believe in a story, look around and see all the stories that people believe in. But they don't do it for lack of some evidence. They do it because they see evidence that is not conclusive. If the evidence were conclusive, they would know it and wouldn't have to believe.

If you have never been to China, how do you know that it exists? You believe it very strongly because you have a bunch of faith in a whole lot of people who say they have been there... who are showing you pictures that they  say come from there... are doing things that they claim have to do with China. But you only have strong faith in China, because you have never been there yourself, and you don't know for a fact.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 09:02:27 PM

You believe in things that you don't know, but that you have some evidence for. The things that you know, are the things that you don't believe in. Why don't you believe them? Because you know them.

For example, when you sit down at the table for a meal, do you believe that the chair is there? Or don't you? You don't believe it. You know it. You know it so well that you don't even think about it. You simply go and sit down.

If you don't understand that there is some evidence that spirits exist outside the body, you have been leading a sheltered life... very sheltered. All you need do is some Internet searches to see that there is evidence. Since there is evidence of out of body, why do you think that you know that spirits don't exist outside the body? You sound a little like you are missing some part of your brain.

As far as your HexHronoExus, I don't know what it is, and at the moment, I don't much care. But why would I consider you insane if you know it exists. I mean, if you have such a belief, that's between you and the wall. But... don't you think that you should examine what it is that you said up there^^^? You didn't say belief that it exists. You said Know that it exists. Then you said that you believe that you know. You are talking about something that everybody does about something. Are you trying to say that people are insane, and get me to agree with you about something that you are unclear on?

On top of that, when you say that I believe in a story, look around and see all the stories that people believe in. But they don't do it for lack of some evidence. They do it because they see evidence that is not conclusive. If the evidence were conclusive, they would know it and wouldn't have to believe.

If you have never been to China, how do you know that it exists? You believe it very strongly because you have a bunch of faith in a whole lot of people who say they have been there... who are showing you pictures that they  say come from there... are doing things that they claim have to do with China. But you only have strong faith in China, because you have never been there yourself, and you don't know for a fact.

Cool

But I have a book ("Book of AF Newbie") that clearly specifies and provides "proof" that HexHronoExus exists.  The book lists historical figures and events and provides a written record of HexHronoExus existence.

I am talking silly?  How are my claims any less valid than those of Christian mythology?

Scripture - check
Written record - check
Disciples - check
Believers - check
Church - check

Just compare it with Christianity to see how ridiculous the whole concept of religion is.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:35:47 AM

Cool

But I have a book ("Book of AF Newbie") that clearly specifies and provides "proof" that HexHronoExus exists.  The book lists historical figures and events and provides a written record of HexHronoExus existence.

I am talking silly?  How are my claims any less valid than those of Christian mythology?

Scripture - check
Written record - check
Disciples - check
Believers - check
Church - check

Just compare it with Christianity to see how ridiculous the whole concept of religion is.

If you want to believe about your HexHronoExus, go right ahead. But do you see what you just said? You said validity.

Almost all religions are based on faith. Faith means not having 100% knowledge, but it also means having enough knowledge so that one can see that it might be factual. The Christian religion fits this. If you believe your HexHronoExus thing has enough evidence, put your faith in it.

Just remember, the second most printed book in the world has been published less than half the times that the Bible has. And that book isn't even a religious book. The point is that this evidence, alone, gives the Bible great strength. When you add to it the fact of 25,000 hand-copied New Testaments from the old days, and the next nearest was only in the range of 900, and next to that was almost nothing - only 5 ancient, hand copies of Plato - the Bible and Christianity have some zest to them that nothing else has.

If we never had invented the printing press, there would still be thousands upon thousands of Bibles, hand copied. But there wouldn't be more than one of Darwin. The Bible has strength.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 01:48:46 AM

Cool

Scripture - check
Written record - check
Disciples - check
Believers - check
Church - check

If you want to believe about your HexHronoExus, go right ahead. But do you see what you just said? You said validity.

Almost all religions are based on faith. Faith means not having 100% knowledge, but it also means having enough knowledge so that one can see that it might be factual. The Christian religion fits this. If you believe your HexHronoExus thing has enough evidence, put your faith in it.

Just remember, the second most printed book in the world has been published less than half the times that the Bible has. And that book isn't even a religious book. The point is that this evidence, alone, gives the Bible great strength. When you add to it the fact of 25,000 hand-copied New Testaments from the old days, and the next nearest was only in the range of 900, and next to that was almost nothing - only 5 ancient, hand copies of Plato - the Bible and Christianity have some zest to them that nothing else has.

If we never had invented the printing press, there would still be thousands upon thousands of Bibles, hand copied. But there wouldn't be more than one of Darwin. The Bible has strength.

Cool

You misunderstood.  Why don't you believe in HexHronoExus? You have the same evidence for your faith in Christian God as you have for the faith in HexHronoExus.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 01:54:28 AM

When you add to it the fact of 25,000 hand-copied New Testaments from the old days

We didn't have robots back then, right?  Each hand-copied version contained errors. 

You have no idea what parts of the bible are simply lies.

The "earth" flooded was probably a local flood that got misquoted in a copy.

Cool

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:43:20 PM

When you add to it the fact of 25,000 hand-copied New Testaments from the old days

We didn't have robots back then, right?  Each hand-copied version contained errors. 

Cool

The Dead Sea Scrolls have been verified to be authentic. They are as much as 2,400 years old. They contain the Book of Isaiah and other books from the Bible. These are the same as they are in the hand the Hebrew Bible of today, except for one change.

One change where the whole Hebrew Bible has changed slightly over the hundreds of years, is that you will not find the letters of the Hebrew alphabet to be formed exactly as they were. So, the Hebrew originals are slightly different just like people can be identified because their hand writing is slightly different.

Also, over the years, there have been some grammatical changes that have been noted. They have been noted so that everyone can see that there is no change to the originals other than to make easier reading, grammatically. It's like English, when you add or remove a comma from a writing here and there, or when you join two words in English to make smoother reading. It doesn't change the meaning. It simply makes it easier to read.

But if you are talking  translations... Translations are going to be different, because of the way people think in different languages. The words of one language often don't fit the words of another language exactly. So, there have to be changes, and there is often disagreement among scholars about which translations say it the best. But the original Hebrew Bible has not changed over the hundreds of years, copy to copy.

Since the Hebrew people have held it together for all this time when they did not have their own nation, why would anyone think that they did not hold it together in the times when they DID have their own nation? These people are stinking stubborn. They are so stubborn that here they are back again, since 1948/49, with something like 1800 to 1900 hundred years of having no nation. So why would you think that they aren't stubborn enough to hold the Bible together accurately? And when you throw in the idea of God doing it, the whole thing becomes much stronger.

I could go on and on. And I have all over this thread and others that talk about God and Israel, the Hebrew nation. And, you can get out there and investigate about Israel yourself. But you are talking against the Guy Who holds your life in His hand when you bad-mouth His people - rotten though they may be at times. And that is dangerous.

Most important to this post is that the Bible has not changed except cosmetically over the years.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 02:27:06 PM

Cool

The Dead Sea Scrolls have been verified to be authentic. They are as much as 2,400 years old. They contain the Book of Isaiah and other books from the Bible. These are the same as they are in the hand the Hebrew Bible of today, except for one change.

One change where the whole Hebrew Bible has changed slightly over the hundreds of years, is that you will not find the letters of the Hebrew alphabet to be formed exactly as they were. So, the Hebrew originals are slightly different just like people can be identified because their hand writing is slightly different.

Also, over the years, there have been some grammatical changes that have been noted. They have been noted so that everyone can see that there is no change to the originals other than to make easier reading, grammatically. It's like English, when you add or remove a comma from a writing here and there, or when you join two words in English to make smoother reading. It doesn't change the meaning. It simply makes it easier to read.

But if you are talking  translations... Translations are going to be different, because of the way people think in different languages. The words of one language often don't fit the words of another language exactly. So, there have to be changes, and there is often disagreement among scholars about which translations say it the best. But the original Hebrew Bible has not changed over the hundreds of years, copy to copy.

Since the Hebrew people have held it together for all this time when they did not have their own nation, why would anyone think that they did not hold it together in the times when they DID have their own nation? These people are stinking stubborn. They are so stubborn that here they are back again, since 1948/49, with something like 1800 to 1900 hundred years of having no nation. So why would you think that they aren't stubborn enough to hold the Bible together accurately? And when you throw in the idea of God doing it, the whole thing becomes much stronger.

I could go on and on. And I have all over this thread and others that talk about God and Israel, the Hebrew nation. And, you can get out there and investigate about Israel yourself. But you are talking against the Guy Who holds your life in His hand when you bad-mouth His people - rotten though they may be at times. And that is dangerous.

Most important to this post is that the Bible has not changed except cosmetically over the years.

Cool

Not really, but it does not matter to you I guess.  I recommend you start believing in HexHronoExus before it is too late for you.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/22/us/bible-museum-fake-scrolls/index.html

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:51:00 PM

Touché

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:55:39 PM

But if you are talking  translations... Translations are going to be different, because of the way people think in different languages. The words of one language often don't fit the words of another language exactly. So, there have to be changes, and there is often disagreement among scholars about which translations say it the best. But the original Hebrew Bible has not changed over the hundreds of years, copy to copy.

Cool

Not really, but it does not matter to you I guess.  I recommend you start believing in HexHronoExus before it is too late for you.

When you Internet search on fake news, you can find it all over the place. Certainly Muslims and others might attempt to fight Christianity by adding something similar to fake news to things like the Dead Sea Scrolls.

But to subtly introduce the idea that the DSCs are false, is simply a subtle form of fake news. It doesn't lessen the strength and purity of the Bible at all. It is simply a touch that shows the real battle that is going on between righteousness and wickedness.

The Bible has not changed over the millennia since it was written.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:26:42 PM

Cool

so.... not a chance the bible is fake news, eh?  <SMH>

That is correct. However, the fact that you as an atheist are making such a point of it, shows that you are religiously minded.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 08:27:07 PM

But if you are talking  translations... Translations are going to be different, because of the way people think in different languages. The words of one language often don't fit the words of another language exactly. So, there have to be changes, and there is often disagreement among scholars about which translations say it the best. But the original Hebrew Bible has not changed over the hundreds of years, copy to copy.

Cool

Not really, but it does not matter to you I guess.  I recommend you start believing in HexHronoExus before it is too late for you.

When you Internet search on fake news, you can find it all over the place. Certainly Muslims and others might attempt to fight Christianity by adding something similar to fake news to things like the Dead Sea Scrolls.

But to subtly introduce the idea that the DSCs are false, is simply a subtle form of fake news. It doesn't lessen the strength and purity of the Bible at all. It is simply a touch that shows the real battle that is going on between righteousness and wickedness.

Cool

You are in denial about DSS.

How many versions of the Bible do you have? How many Christian denominations do have?

What happened to all the books that were excluded in 325 AD?

Unchanged my ass.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:30:52 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2018, 01:39:44 AM by sirazimuth

Cool

so.... not a chance that nonsense written by goat herders 2000 years ago the bible is fake news, eh?  <SMH>

It doesn't lessen the strength and purity of the Bible at all. It is simply a touch that shows the real battle that is going on between righteousness and wickedness.

Cool

https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/The-14-Most-Abominable-Bible-Verses-20121224

... shows that you are religiously (NOT) minded. (FTFY)

Cool

yes ,I'm indeed religiously minded in the sense that I think all religion is a virus of the mind and thank goodness I'm not infected...

Let's agree to disagree.

BTW, your 'proof' does not prove that God exists.  You simply say that he exists.  That is your 'proof'.

there is no proof that a magic sky fairy exists.
its all faith ...nothing more.
and in other news...the sky is blue ...water is wet...

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 02:02:08 PM

Cool

so.... not a chance the bible is fake news, eh?  <SMH>

That is correct. However, the fact that you as an atheist are making such a point of it, shows that you are religiously minded.

Cool

https://www.social-consciousness.com/2017/07/video-handwritten-draft-of-bible-proves-complete-work-of-fiction.html?fbclid=IwAR1siwZcG-2GexXSEX7pn6qHMQ11ATylw0qt6coHHJQAvFsQI8SC_P85V28

It is consistent with what is in the Bible.  Literary fiction. 

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:26:49 PM

Cool

so.... not a chance that nonsense written by goat herders 2000 years ago the bible is fake news, eh?  <SMH>

It doesn't lessen the strength and purity of the Bible at all. It is simply a touch that shows the real battle that is going on between righteousness and wickedness.

Cool

Cool

yes ,I'm indeed religiously minded in the sense that I think all religion is a virus of the mind and thank goodness I'm not infected...

Let's agree to disagree.

BTW, your 'proof' does not prove that God exists.  You simply say that he exists.  That is your 'proof'.

The Bible is not fake news. It is a faithful written record of things that happened. When scientifically examined from every angle, the Bible is proven true.

Bible verses that talk about evil and wicked things are far better aesthetically than many of the things written in our court records, being promoted by politics, and being done all over the world today.

You simply don't realize that you are infected by your own religion, even if it is a religion of non-religiosity.

I would agree that there is no real common evidence for a sky fairy.

Everything is faith, because nobody knows for a fact that anything even one second into the future is what will happen. All that happens is that God has ordered the universe in such a way that we can guess right about many of the things that happen. But we don't know they will for a fact happen the way we guess. And often they don't, exactly. The point is that we ALL live by faith, all the time.

In other news, God made the water wet, the sky blue, and graciously gave us the ability to recognize this.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 12:09:09 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Let's agree to disagree.

BTW, your 'proof' does not prove that God exists.  You simply say that he exists.  That is your 'proof'.

The Bible is not fake news. It is a faithful written record of things that happened. When scientifically examined from every angle, the Bible is proven true.

Bible verses that talk about evil and wicked things are far better aesthetically than many of the things written in our court records, being promoted by politics, and being done all over the world today.

You simply don't realize that you are infected by your own religion, even if it is a religion of non-religiosity.

I would agree that there is no real common evidence for a sky fairy.

Everything is faith, because nobody knows for a fact that anything even one second into the future is what will happen. All that happens is that God has ordered the universe in such a way that we can guess right about many of the things that happen. But we don't know they will for a fact happen the way we guess. And often they don't, exactly. The point is that we ALL live by faith, all the time.

In other news, God made the water wet, the sky blue, and graciously gave us the ability to recognize this.

Cool

For fuck's sake, read the fucking Bible.  Bunch of scriblings by very ignorant men.  They did not know where they lived and why.

https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/biblical-contradictions/

The Permanence of Earth

“… the earth abideth for ever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4

“… the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” — 2Peter 3:10

Seeing God

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30

“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18

Human Sacrifice
“… Thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God…” — Leviticus 18:21

[In Judges, though, the tale of Jephthah, who led the Israelites against the Ammonoites, is being told. Being fearful of defeat, this good religious man sought to guarantee victory by getting god firmly on his side. So he prayed to god] “… If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD’s, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering” — Judges 11:30-31

[The terms were acceptable to god — remember, he is supposed to be omniscient and know the future — so he gave victory to Jephthah, and the first whatsoever that greeted him upon his glorious return was his daughter, as god surely knew would happen, if god is god. True to his vow, the general made a human sacrifice of his only child to god!] — Judges 11:29-34

The Power of God
“… with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26

“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19

Personal Injury
“…thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. ” — Exodus 21:23-25

“…ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” — Matthew 5:39

Circumcision
“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10

“…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2

Incest
“Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of this mother…” — Deuteronomy 27:22

“And if a man shall take his sister, his father’s daughter, or his mother’s daughter…it is a wicked thing….” — Leviticus 20:17

[But what was god’s reaction to Abraham, who married his sister — his father’s daughter?] See Genesis 20:11-12

“And God said unto Abraham, As for Sara thy wife…I bless her, and give thee a son also of her…” — Genesis 17:15-16

Trusting God
“A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD…” — Proverbs 12:2

Now consider the case of Job. After commissioning Satan to ruin Job financially and to slaughter his shepherds and children to win a petty bet with Satan. God asked Satan: “Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.” — Job 2:3

The Holy Lifestyle
“Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart…” — Ecclesiastes 9:7

“…they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not…” — 1 Corinthians 7:30

Punishing Crime
“The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father…” — Ezekiel 18:20

“I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation…” — Exodus 20:5

Temptation
“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” — James 1:13

“And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham…” — Genesis 22:1

Family Relationships
“Honor thy father and thy mother…”– Exodus 20:12

“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. ” — Luke 14:26

The resurrection of the Dead
“…he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. ” — Job 7:9

“…the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth….” — John 5:28-29

The End of the World
“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. ” — Matthew 16:28

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. ” — Luke 21:32-33

“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.” — Romans 13:11-12

“Be ye also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.” — James 5:8

“Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” — 1 John 2:18

“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” — 1 Peter 4:7

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:21:35 PM

Cool

For fuck's sake, read the fucking Bible.  Bunch of scriblings by very ignorant men.  They did not know where they lived and why.

https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/biblical-contradictions/

The Permanence of Earth

“… the earth abideth for ever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4 - You are using it out of context.

“… the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” — 2Peter 3:10one - You are using it out of context.

Seeing God

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30 - You are using it out of context.

“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18 - You are using it out of context.

Human Sacrifice
“… Thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God…” — Leviticus 18:21 - You are using it out of context.

[In Judges, though, the tale of Jephthah, who led the Israelites against the Ammonoites, is being told. Being fearful of defeat, this good religious man sought to guarantee victory by getting god firmly on his side. So he prayed to god] “… If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD’s, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering” — Judges 11:30-31 - You are using it out of context.

[The terms were acceptable to god — remember, he is supposed to be omniscient and know the future — so he gave victory to Jephthah, and the first whatsoever that greeted him upon his glorious return was his daughter, as god surely knew would happen, if god is god. True to his vow, the general made a human sacrifice of his only child to god!] — Judges 11:29-34 - You are using it out of context.

The Power of God
“… with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26 - You are using it out of context.

“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19 - You are using it out of context.

Personal Injury
“…thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. ” — Exodus 21:23-25 - You are using it out of context.

“…ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” — Matthew 5:39 - You are using it out of context.

Circumcision
“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10 - You are using it out of context.

“…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2 - You are using it out of context.

Incest
“Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of this mother…” — Deuteronomy 27:22 - You are using it out of context.

“And if a man shall take his sister, his father’s daughter, or his mother’s daughter…it is a wicked thing….” — Leviticus 20:17 - You are using it out of context.

[But what was god’s reaction to Abraham, who married his sister — his father’s daughter?] See Genesis 20:11-12 - You are using it out of context.

“And God said unto Abraham, As for Sara thy wife…I bless her, and give thee a son also of her…” — Genesis 17:15-16 - You are using it out of context.

Trusting God
“A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD…” — Proverbs 12:2 - You are using it out of context.

Now consider the case of Job. After commissioning Satan to ruin Job financially and to slaughter his shepherds and children to win a petty bet with Satan. God asked Satan: “Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.” — Job 2:3 - You are using it out of context.

The Holy Lifestyle
“Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart…” — Ecclesiastes 9:7 - You are using it out of context.

“…they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not…” — 1 Corinthians 7:30 - You are using it out of context.

Punishing Crime
“The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father…” — Ezekiel 18:20 - You are using it out of context.

“I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation…” — Exodus 20:5 - You are using it out of context.

Temptation
“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” — James 1:13 - You are using it out of context.

“And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham…” — Genesis 22:1 - You are using it out of context.

Family Relationships
“Honor thy father and thy mother…”– Exodus 20:12 - You are using it out of context.

“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. ” — Luke 14:26 - You are using it out of context.

The resurrection of the Dead
“…he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. ” — Job 7:9 - You are using it out of context.

“…the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth….” — John 5:28-29 - You are using it out of context.

The End of the World
“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. ” — Matthew 16:28 - You are using it out of context.

“Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. ” — Luke 21:32-33 - You are using it out of context.

“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.” — Romans 13:11-12 - You are using it out of context.

“Be ye also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.” — James 5:8 - You are using it out of context.

“Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.” — 1 John 2:18 - You are using it out of context.

“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” — 1 Peter 4:7 - You are using it out of context.

You seem to be out of context in your life. But this is okay, as long as you are saved, somehow.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: