Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3485

born once atheist

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 09:06:34 PM
Merited by af_newbie (2)

BADecker is like... "hmmm... yeah I guess I got no rebuttal for all those quoted bible contradictions....
Oh I know.... I'll just post  'You are using it out of context' a million times in blue...    I win debate!"

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 12:16:23 PM

BADecker is like... "hmmm... yeah I guess I got no rebuttal for all those quoted bible contradictions....
Oh I know.... I'll just post  'You are using it out of context' a million times in blue...    I win debate!"

It is typical with apologetics.  The quotes are either "taken out of context", "mistranslated" or "should be used metaphorically or interpreted correctly" etc.

Basically, they have no argument but still, refuse to admit that their holy scriptures are a bunch of horseshit written by horse handlers.

There is nothing holy in these books (Bible, Koran, Talmud etc), just ignorant people reflecting on their predicament.

These people did not know what planet they were on, what Sun was or what cells in their body were.  They had no clue about the world around them.  So naturally, everything was magic.

Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:51:39 AM

Jonathan Swift: ‘It Is Useless To Attempt To Reason A Man Out Of A Thing He Was Never Reasoned Into’

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Cloudy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:04:19 AM

I suspect that the word "atheist" itself contains or remains a stumbling block far out of proportion to what it actually means, and a stumbling block to people who otherwise might be happy to out themselves.
ToRs

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:42:40 PM

Sigmund Freud said: "Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:00:36 PM

Sigmund Freud was talking religiously when he said: "Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires."

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:59:19 AM

It is not surprising that atheists are the freedom of everyone. Religion should not be kidnapped or forced. Faith is the freedom of everyone. In fact, many atheists have their own beliefs, which is not stupid. There are many views in history that are wrong, and religion needs progress.

RyanPruitt54

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:54:44 PM

Israel is still standing throughout the ages that should be a good proof about the veracity of the Bible, you have the right to be an atheist, God gives you that right, also the miracles and people with demons you see out there should be also proof, science is the way, not today's science though, full of theories and claiming they have it all proven. Stephen Hawking one of the most popular atheists at the end of his days acknowledged the existence of God.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:25:39 PM

Israel is still standing throughout the ages that should be a good proof about the veracity of the Bible,
Tyre is still standing, too, which should be a good disproof of the Bible, which repeatedly prophesied its destruction.

people with demons you see out there should be also proof,
If you're seeing demons, you should consult a psychiatrist. They have pills for that.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
michaelkelly8798

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:12:32 PM

Israel is still standing throughout the ages that should be a good proof about the veracity of the Bible,
Tyre is still standing, too, which should be a good disproof of the Bible, which repeatedly prophesied its destruction.

If you're seeing demons, you should consult a psychiatrist. They have pills for that.

Where in the map is Tyre? Didn't Alexander destroy it in 332 BC? When you see these people with over human strength is it a psychiatric disorder? When you see them doing the supernatural? When you see Doctors diagnose a person with cancer and minutes after a prayer cancer is gone and can't be seen anywhere in the persons body? When you see a car in flames, when you see it completely burnt and a guy (the driver) who is a Christian without a scratch, no burns and all pages of the Bible intact? What's your answer for this? Look it up on Youtube then tell me.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:47:01 PM

Where in the map is Tyre? Didn't Alexander destroy it in 332 BC? When you see these people with over human strength is it a psychiatric disorder? When you see them doing the supernatural? When you see Doctors diagnose a person with cancer and minutes after a prayer cancer is gone and can't be seen anywhere in the persons body? When you see a car in flames, when you see it completely burnt and a guy (the driver) who is a Christian without a scratch, no burns and all pages of the Bible intact? What's your answer for this? Look it up on Youtube then tell me.

That is easy to test.  Take a Bible and go sit in your car, ask your wife to pour 1 gallon of gasoline on you, set you on fire, and pray for you and the Bible not to burn.

See what happens.  I suggest you make a will before attempting it.

If you really believe these reports are true, go and test it on your own skin.  

All people who believe in this nonsense should just set themselves on fire.  You are slowing down our human progress.

The faster your genes are eliminated from the gene pool the better for the rest of us.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:56:20 PM

That is easy to test.  Take a Bible and go sit in your car, ask your wife to pour 1 gallon of gasoline on you, set you on fire, and pray for you and the Bible not to burn.

All people who believe in this nonsense should just set themselves on fire.  You are slowing down our human progress.

The faster your genes are eliminated from the gene pool the better for the rest of us.

You're getting to sound more and more like Satan all the time. Matthew 4:5-7:
5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6“If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“ ‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ”

7Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’ ”

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
michaelkelly8798

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:50:54 PM

5Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6“If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

7Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’ ”

Cool

When they can't disprove a point they make jokes, they can run away as much as they want from the truth however every knee will bow and confess Jesus is Lord.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 01:17:04 AM

Cool

When they can't disprove a point they make jokes, they can run away as much as they want from the truth however every knee will bow and confess Jesus is Lord.

I bet you don't even know who/what "Lord" is.

Define it, I dare you.

You are just repeating this sentence like a parrot, without knowing the what, when and why. 

If your parents believed in Allah or Zeus, you would be repeating some other nonsense.

michaelkelly8798

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:40:32 PM

Cool

Define it, I dare you.

You are just repeating this sentence like a parrot, without knowing the what, when and why. 

If your parents believed in Allah or Zeus, you would be repeating some other nonsense.

Actually I was born a catholic, my whole family is, my whole family is totally opposed to my beliefs and my acts. I chose to do what was right instead of what was the tradition.

I serve God, not because of fear of hell but because of his kindness and on how he has protected my parents from several near death situations.

The Lord is my master, I'm his servant, he is my ruler, I'm his soldier.

You state we repeat ourselves as parrots, however you don't realize the many times you repeat the same argument about being an atheist because you don't know who the right god is, instead of forgetting fanaticism to tradition for a second and looking for the answer. No god Has done what the God of the Bible has.  He is the King of kings, that's why he is Lord. Just do your search man and you will realize no god has done what he has done. It takes more faith to believe on some statements from modern science. I'm not asking you to have faith but to look for facts. Even other religions reference him as you can read in the book of islam ""The most awful (meanest) name in Allah's sight is (that of) a man calling himself king of kings.""
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 01:52:45 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

Cool

Define it, I dare you.

Actually I was born a catholic, my whole family is, my whole family is totally opposed to my beliefs and my acts. I chose to do what was right instead of what was the tradition.

I serve God, not because of fear of hell but because of his kindness and on how he has protected my parents from several near death situations.

You state we repeat ourselves as parrots, however you don't realize the many times you repeat the same argument about being an atheist because you don't know who the right god is, instead of forgetting fanaticism to tradition for a second and looking for the answer. No god Has done what the God of the Bible has.  He is the King of kings, that's why he is Lord. Just do your search man and you will realize no god has done what he has done. It takes more faith to believe on some statements from modern science. I'm not asking you to have faith but to look for facts. Even other religions reference him as you can read in the book of islam ""The most awful (meanest) name in Allah's sight is (that of) a man calling himself king of kings.""

Right God?  What does that even mean? 

It is like saying my delusion is the right one!

Go easy on the "I'm his soldier" stuff before you know it, you will be killing abortion doctors or gays.

I really don't care which God you believe in.  It absolutely does not matter at this point, you are clearly delusional.

BTW, you did not answer my earlier question.

michaelkelly8798

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:19:17 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2018, 02:49:41 PM by michaelkelly8798

That is easy to test.  Take a Bible and go sit in your car, ask your wife to pour 1 gallon of gasoline on you, set you on fire, and pray for you and the Bible not to burn.

See what happens.  I suggest you make a will before attempting it.

All people who believe in this nonsense should just set themselves on fire.  You are slowing down our human progress.

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ”

Cool

Define it, I dare you.

Right God?  What does that even mean? 

It is like saying my delusion is the right one!

Go easy on the "I'm his soldier" stuff before you know it, you will be killing abortion doctors or gays.

I really don't care which God you believe in.  It absolutely does not matter at this point, you are clearly delusional.

BTW, you did not answer my earlier question.

You didn't pay attention that's why you think I didn't answer your question, you know what? You are free to believe what you want man, I'm not the type of guy that imposes beliefs on others, if you think I could kill someone due to my religion you clearly don't understand the main precepts of being a christian. You want to prove a point? 1st prove the God of the Bible doesn't exist, not with childish arguments but with real proof, Then let's talk science (since you most likely believe there's no science from God), and tell me your thoughts on how you think we came into existence (try not to make it sound like fiction please).
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:53:47 PM

Well I would be brief with you... Well am guessing from your perspective you don't believe God exist Yea you can be right come on there is no real proof. Well I have a question for you what if I tell you that your mom is not actually your mum?  You would be like what's this dude saying.. OK let me brake it down you where brought up believing your mum or dad or siblings where you real family am very sure you never asked about any proof(regardless of your scientific genus brain) you did not even ask for a DNA test at least you just believed and had faith that there are your family. Hey come on you not an atheist after all you belief in something and that's family

That's the same way we that have a belief feel. We are moved by faith. Faith is a substance of things hope for and also the evidence of things not seen and with out faith there can not be belief and belief is the core of religion.

I would never condemn you or fault you. You will understand when you stop thinking to hard
RyanPruitt54

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:10:37 PM

Well I would be brief with you... Well am guessing from your perspective you don't believe God exist Yea you can be right come on there is no real proof. Well I have a question for you what if I tell you that your mom is not actually your mum?  You would be like what's this dude saying.. OK let me brake it down you where brought up believing your mum or dad or siblings where you real family am very sure you never asked about any proof(regardless of your scientific genus brain) you did not even ask for a DNA test at least you just believed and had faith that there are your family. Hey come on you not an atheist after all you belief in something and that's family

That's the same way we that have a belief feel. We are moved by faith. Faith is a substance of things hope for and also the evidence of things not seen and with out faith there can not be belief and belief is the core of religion.

I would never condemn you or fault you. You will understand when you stop thinking to hard

He doesn't have to rely on faith even, he can't disprove the existence of God, there are no proofs he can show just mere talk.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

The only reason why people are atheists is because they want to be. They don't know that God doesn't exist somewhere that they haven't looked for him, yet... like in their subconscious minds.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: