Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 06:28:43 PM

In the end, it does not matter as there is no scientific evidence of God's existence, so it is a moot point.....
Look up the definition of delusional.  

FYI, although you may well know this, someone who is 100% certain that God exists is NOT a believer, or a person who has faith.

At least the Christian theology I am familiar with, and the writings of JC, are very clear about these matters. Look at the way JC slammed people that wanted to see miracles or "proof."

etc, etc. So you have it correct, and the religious should be agreeing with you instead of arguing.

Atheist teaches, and the religious listens not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 06:55:35 PM

But if you come out and believe in all major religions, all I can say you are definitely delusional as the fundamentals of each religion are based on nonsense.  Pregnant women cannot be virgins, people don't come back from dead, horses do not have wings to fly to outer space, people cannot part oceans to cross on land.  If you can demonstrate that any of it is possible, please post a youtube video.  

Perhaps not 2000+ years ago; however, with the modern miracle of science, it is quite possible for a pregnant woman to be a virgin. Also, emergency rooms bring back people from the dead all the time. Perhaps not people that are dead for more than a few moments, but brought back nevertheless. Furthermore, science is getting better at genetic engineering. It may be possible to create a horse with wings that can fly. Probably not all the way to outer space though and the horse probably could not be full size. (Although some pterodactyls were quite large.) Also, we cannot part the ocean at this time. However, a few more advances in science may make even this feat economically viable.
     Personally, I consider myself an agnostic. However, I think it is quite possible a technologically superior extraterrestrial being could pull much of this off. What we can do today with our fingertips would have been considered quite magical one hundred years ago.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 07:16:48 PM

But if you come out and believe in all major religions, all I can say you are definitely delusional as the fundamentals of each religion are based on nonsense.  Pregnant women cannot be virgins, people don't come back from dead, horses do not have wings to fly to outer space, people cannot part oceans to cross on land.  If you can demonstrate that any of it is possible, please post a youtube video.  

Perhaps not 2000+ years ago; however, with the modern miracle of science, it is quite possible for a pregnant woman to be a virgin. Also, emergency rooms bring back people from the dead all the time. Perhaps not people that are dead for more than a few moments, but brought back nevertheless. Furthermore, science is getting better at genetic engineering. It may be possible to create a horse with wings that can fly. Probably not all the way to outer space though and the horse probably could not be full size. (Although some pterodactyls were quite large.) Also, we cannot part the ocean at this time. However, a few more advances in science may make even this feat economically viable.
     Personally, I consider myself an agnostic. However, I think it is quite possible a technologically superior extraterrestrial being could pull much of this off. What we can do today with our fingertips would have been considered quite magical one hundred years ago.

That should be enough for anyone to stop believing in Bullshit 1.0, and all other versions that were based on it.

Did you know that there are magic stones inside the Moon's core that influence our mood swings?  Go ahead start your religion.  Call it Bullshit 4.0

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 07:22:34 PM

That should be enough for anyone to stop believing in Bullshit 1.0, and all other versions that were based on it.

Did you know that there are magic stones inside the Moon's core that influence our mood swings?  Go ahead start your religion.  Call it Bullshit 4.0

Hmm, if we found rocks in the moon core with a high content of lithium, this may be possible. Don't you know that modern pharmacology has it's roots in people performing "magic" and brewing up potions? Some of that "magic" actually worked.  Cheesy
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 07:23:08 PM

....I think it is quite possible a technologically superior extraterrestrial being could pull much of this off. ....

That statement has been guarded against in the various creeds by making the JC "the son of god" with a bunch of mumbo jumbo about trinity, and various other beliefs such as "personal relationship with God," eg, not a low level representative of him.

But there is no question, the universe is far wider and richer than we can ever know, and we have only seen a small amount of what is likely out there.

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 07:31:01 PM

....I think it is quite possible a technologically superior extraterrestrial being could pull much of this off. ....

That statement has been guarded against in the various creeds by making the JC "the son of god" with a bunch of mumbo jumbo about trinity, and various other beliefs such as "personal relationship with God," eg, not a low level representative of him.

But there is no question, the universe is far wider and richer than we can ever know, and we have only seen a small amount of what is likely out there.

Exactly. Modern science doesn't even fully understand exactly what the universe is made of, hence "dark energy" and "dark matter." The explanation may be that our mathematical theories are inadequate or there truely is "stuff" out there that we have absolutely no idea of what it actually is.
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 08:55:53 PM

Exactly. Modern science doesn't even fully understand exactly what the universe is made of, hence "dark energy" and "dark matter." The explanation may be that our mathematical theories are inadequate or there truely is "stuff" out there that we have absolutely no idea of what it actually is.

Exactly.  Let's not pretend we do by making some outlandish claims that a Jewish rabbi created the universe, holy trinity musketeers etc.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:16:43 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2018, 11:41:01 PM by Spendulus
Merited by BADecker (20)

Exactly.  Let's not pretend we do by making some outlandish claims that a Jewish rabbi created the universe, holy trinity musketeers etc.

I'm good with that, but you ain't gonna do away with the Knights Templar, are you? Or Johnny Cash's lyrics? Like, all that rich myth and lore is part of the non-God-universe....

And what would we do without the stupid Wiccans? Darn, or the Club of Satan? It can only exist in opposition.

I kind of like the theme of 2001, although the last part falls short a bit. Get to Jupiter, and KAZAMM! You get the universe, baby!

But regardless, the fundamentals of today to be concerned with are the Islamics. Christianity, if you think about it, created the very culture which permits and encourages the discussion of atheism we are having. Those Islamic whackjobs'll just kill you.
SANYOK95
Copper Member

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 10:48:49 AM

Religion is the opium of the poor and the rage of the loser while god is the maker of losers
Religion was invented in order to deter stupid people so that fewer people commit bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence. All religion is needed to restrain the masses of people for certain needs and, of course, to earn money for the state, money laundering.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 11:37:19 AM

Religion is the opium of the poor and the rage of the loser while god is the maker of losers
Religion was invented in order to deter stupid people so that fewer people commit bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence.

So religion is good then. We don't want stupid people committing bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 04:22:51 PM

Religion was invented in order to deter stupid people so that fewer people commit bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence.

So religion is good then. We don't want stupid people committing bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence.

As good as any Jesus camp near you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

ATMD

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 08:19:47 PM

Thanks for the vid. I was referring to the logic that religion was invented to deter stupid people from committing bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence. Anything that could deter stupid people from committing bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence is a good thing in my opinion.

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 08:41:45 PM

Thanks for the vid. I was referring to the logic that religion was invented to deter stupid people from committing bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence. Anything that could deter stupid people from committing bad deeds, murder, robbery, violence is a good thing in my opinion.

Or you could have a secular legal framework that accomplishes pretty much the same.  Religions were needed in the past, I agree.

You needed an invisible guy in the sky to control a horde of barbarians at your city gates.  But not today.

Besides, religions today are pretty much ineffective even in their primary function, to scare people not to do bad stuff.

How many priests sexually abused little children today?  But who is counting?  Not Christians or Pope, that is for sure.

Christians drink, do drugs, hit their wives, sexually abuse their children then go to confession on Sunday and all is good and forgiven.

How is that system suppose to work?  I do something bad, then go to confession, I am all cleared and can sin again.
At least with the secular law, you end up in jail and get some real punishment.

If God would separate bad men from their heads in an instance, well, that is God I would follow.

They are selling an invisible product, with delivery after you die, but you have to pay upfront in cash. LOL.
How gullible can you be?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:32:09 PM

Christians drink, do drugs, hit their wives, sexually abuse their children then go to confession on Sunday and all is good and forgiven....

Well, it's party time.

Enjoy.
Carna

Activity: 8
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:30:52 AM

Well I just think that maybe there are something odd and unusual in this world, but I'm not religious that's all
ATMD

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 07:54:12 AM

Christians drink, do drugs, hit their wives, sexually abuse their children then go to confession on Sunday and all is good and forgiven....

Well, it's party time.

Enjoy.

No Christian believes or practices this way of life, and if he does, then he is making a mockery of the religion and God. He would not considered to be a real Christian, just someone trying to take advantage of forgiveness. We can lie to others, but we can't lie to ourselves or to God.

Sincerity in repentance is the key to being forgiven.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:45:24 PM

Well, it's party time.

Enjoy.

No Christian believes or practices this way of life, and if he does, then he is making a mockery of the religion and God. He would not considered to be a real Christian, just someone trying to take advantage of forgiveness. We can lie to others, but we can't lie to ourselves or to God.

You are right. But "repentance" alone is too broad.

Dictionary.com says repent means:
to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often followed by of): He repented after his thoughtless act.

In other words, the most vile of human beings might feel sorry about something he did. He might truly wish he had not done that bad thing. And the fact that he is still alive shows the forgiveness of God.

Okay, great. But what about salvation to eternal life? Nobody can repent enough to make it to Heaven, right? I mean, if you could repent sufficiently in this life, you would stop getting older to the point where you wouldn't die? Why? Because you would be forgiven all the way. Aging shows that people can't repent enough to stay alive.

So, what is it that a person needs to repent of to gain eternal life in Heaven? And if he repents of this, will he stop doing bad things? - after all, he will continue to age. And he still might curse a bit, or smoke and drink at times, or hurt somebody's feelings by what he says, or even steal once in a while, or not honor his parents properly on occasion, or talk bad about someone falsely, or be tempted into having covetous desires for something that is not his, or dabble in science theory which borders on a form of witchcraft if not being such, or if he is a cop, kill somebody.

Repentance of none of these will save him from death to eternal life in Heaven. So, what is it that you have to repent of to get to Heaven?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 02:16:02 PM

Well, it's party time.

Enjoy.

to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often followed by of): He repented after his thoughtless act.

In other words, the most vile of human beings might feel sorry about something he did. He might truly wish he had not done that bad thing. And the fact that he is still alive shows the forgiveness of God.

Okay, great. But what about salvation to eternal life? Nobody can repent enough to make it to Heaven, right? I mean, if you could repent sufficiently in this life, you would stop getting older to the point where you wouldn't die? Why? Because you would be forgiven all the way. Aging shows that people can't repent enough to stay alive.

So, what is it that a person needs to repent of to gain eternal life in Heaven? And if he repents of this, will he stop doing bad things? - after all, he will continue to age. And he still might curse a bit, or smoke and drink at times, or hurt somebody's feelings by what he says, or even steal once in a while, or not honor his parents properly on occasion, or talk bad about someone falsely, or be tempted into having covetous desires for something that is not his, or dabble in science theory which borders on a form of witchcraft if not being such, or if he is a cop, kill somebody.

Repentance of none of these will save him from death to eternal life in Heaven. So, what is it that you have to repent of to get to Heaven?

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

Well, it's party time.

Enjoy.

Cool

Have you been hurt so badly that you won't make it to Heaven? Have your enemies really harmed you so badly that they turned you away from God and Heaven? In your case, some of them have repented and made it to Heaven. But you won't even be able to see them from Hell. But if you do see them, your torment will be so great that the sight of them will only bring you more torment.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 04:55:41 AM

Some interesting facts:

http://worldhappiness.report/ed/2018/
Countries on the top 10 are some of the most non-religious ones.
I'm not saying that there is a causation relationship between atheism and happiness, but the common myth that religious people are happier was debunked by this report.

On statistics, there are some contradictory visions, but they seem to be caused by opposite trends:

On western countries, including the USA, there is a clear trend to an increase of atheists and other non-religious people. But in Africa and some parts of Asia, demographics are still increasing the number of religious people.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/
"The World's Newest Major Religion: No Religion"
"There have long been predictions that religion would fade from relevancy as the world modernizes, but all the recent surveys are finding that it’s happening startlingly fast."
Even if in Africa "religion is growing so fast that nones’ share of the global population will actually shrink in 25 years".

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/most-religious-countries-least-religious_n_3640033.html
"Globally, the number of those claiming to be religious has dropped by 9 percent from 2005 to 2011, while the number of people identifying themselves as atheists has risen by 3 percent.
3. Four countries have experienced a drop in religiosity in their populations that is greater than 20 percent between 2005 and 2012. France and Switzerland saw decreases of 21 percent, while Ireland’s number of faithful declined by 22 percent and Vietnam’s by 23 percent."

https://www.conservapedia.com/Global_atheism_statistics
Of course, says "Atheism is in decline worldwide".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: