Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 11:39:44 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

^^^ So, you have been indoctrinated into the religion of atheism, because all the atheists know in their hearts that God exists. Besides, science has proven the God exists:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395

re: Machine-like nature of the universe.
That is your human perception.  Nature is very unforgiving, cruel and hostile to life.  Uncontrolled explosions, creation and annihilation of matter is hardly a machine-like nature.

That statement is just your delusion and simple conjecture.

re: Machines have makers. Cause and effect, action and reaction.
Again this is your human projection.   The physical laws and time were not created before the Big Bang.  It is nonsensical to talk about the instance before the Big Bang because our senses are framed in this universe.  It is simply impossible to imagine for most people the world with different physical laws.  Maybe few theoretical Physicists with IQs above 200 can, but projecting the current physical laws to the instance before the Big Bang (which did not exist, BTW) is just a logical mistake.

re: The nations look for God.
Not really, opposite works quite well.  Secular governments, secular legal frameworks are more humane than any religious moral laws.
We have abandoned most of the Bible's moral laws.  We don't eat humans, we don't kill babies of our enemies, we introduced equality, abolished slavery, we don't do blood sacrifice to some imaginary beings etc.

Earth is not a closed system, we receive energy from Sun, life on Earth is becoming more complex over time,  entropy does not increase on Earth, instead we observe emergence as a natural process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16W7c0mb-rE

re: Newton's 3rd Law upholds cause and effect.
This law cannot be applied to the instance before the Big Bang because that "instance" did not exist, i.e. time did not exist and Physics as we understand it did not exist.

You are simply delusional.  You are looking for confirmations of your beliefs and making logical mistakes in the process.

Instead, you should look at the world without any preconceived notions, let the objective evidence lead you to the truth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fordharrison

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 09:16:09 PM

because inside you are an empty person. it is pretty poor to think that beside our planet, our mind there is nothing. nothing that maybe is much more powerful than we are, or otherwise smth that is weeker. all of us will one day come a a god or something like that. when there will be nobody except you and big fear, only god is whom you gonna speak to, trust me, you'll forget about atheism and etc.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:30:48 PM

^^^ So, you have been indoctrinated into the religion of atheism, because all the atheists know in their hearts that God exists. Besides, science has proven the God exists:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395

re: Machine-like nature of the universe.
That is your human perception. - My perception of a scientifically verifiable condition of the universe for everyone who wishes to examine it scientifically.  Nature is very unforgiving, cruel and hostile to life. - You don't have any joy or happiness at all? If you do, and if you are ever without pain, then there is lack of cruelty, naturally... even though this lack of cruelty might not be exclusive in your case.  Uncontrolled explosions, creation and annihilation of matter is hardly a machine-like nature. - All explosions are controlled by the machine-like physics laws of the universe. These laws never change. They might modify each other to some extent, but it is always according to their machine-like nature.

That statement is just your delusion and simple conjecture. - No. Your statements are delusional. Mine are backed by science.

re: Machines have makers. Cause and effect, action and reaction.
Again this is your human projection. - My projection backed up scientifically.   The physical laws and time were not created before the Big Bang. - Irrelevant, because we don't know that there was a BB.  It is nonsensical to talk about the instance before the Big Bang because our senses are framed in this universe. - Irrelevant, because we don't know that there was a BB.  It is simply impossible to imagine for most people the world with different physical laws. - Correct.  Maybe few theoretical Physicists with IQs above 200 can, but projecting the current physical laws to the instance before the Big Bang (which did not exist, BTW) is just a logical mistake. - Irrelevant, because we don't know that there was a BB.

re: The nations look for God.
Not really, opposite works quite well.  Secular governments, secular legal frameworks are more humane than any religious moral laws. - You are an example of a person who can't seem to find God. Because of this, you are setting yourself up as a god by proclaiming that God doesn't exist, when you know that you don't know that He doesn't exist.
We have abandoned most of the Bible's moral laws. - This is our failure.  We don't eat humans, we don't kill babies of our enemies, we introduced equality, abolished slavery, we don't do blood sacrifice to some imaginary beings etc. - This is where we are following biblical laws, often without realizing it.

Earth is not a closed system, we receive energy from Sun, life on Earth is becoming more complex over time,  entropy does not increase on Earth, instead we observe emergence as a natural process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16W7c0mb-rE - Earth exists within a closed system of which it is part. The universe is one. Entropy is recognized throughout the universe, both on earth, and in our observations of the stars. Nobody has found an active condition that doesn't have entropy within it. We speculate that there might be such, but we have never found one that we know of for a fact. Yet entropy is observable in countless trillions of active conditions all over the place.

re: Newton's 3rd Law upholds cause and effect.
This law cannot be applied to the instance before the Big Bang because that "instance" did not exist, i.e. time did not exist and Physics as we understand it did not exist. - Irrelevant, because we don't know that there was a BB.

You are simply delusional.  You are looking for confirmations of your beliefs and making logical mistakes in the process. - You are limiting yourself by not appropriately applying science.

Instead, you should look at the world without any preconceived notions, let the objective evidence lead you to the truth.

The universe and earth both show the things that I talk about. You simply have a bunch of preconceived notions that you can make truthful statements based on possibilities that other people suggest, without knowing if these possibilities are realities or not.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:14:50 AM

The only thing scientific you said is that entropy in the universe is increasing, but you are using it in the context of Earth, which is incorrect.

The rest of it is religious, subjective interpretations. Nothing to do with science.

BTW, you are confusing causality with Newton's 2nd law.

Anyway, your mind is made up.   No point to discuss anything with you.

You, notbatman and coincube are all the same.  Delusional.  You are ignoring basic science, you want to believe what you want to believe, you twist scientific definitions, principles, apply them incorrectly and then claim you have discovered something all other theoretical Physicists missed.

Like I said you are delusional.  Whether it is a dome over flat Earth, Christian, three entity God, or infinite entity outside of our universe, it makes no difference.  The ideas you guys present are ridiculous.  Simply a nonsense.

The only question remains what drives people to believe in nonsense?  Is is some sort of false validation that you seek?

Standard for you. You can't contradict anything that I said scientifically, so you lie about what I said and badmouth me.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:23:22 PM

The only thing scientific you said is that entropy in the universe is increasing, but you are using it in the context of Earth, which is incorrect.

The rest of it is religious, subjective interpretations. Nothing to do with science.

Anyway, your mind is made up.   No point to discuss anything with you.

You, notbatman and coincube are all the same.  Delusional.  You are ignoring basic science, you want to believe what you want to believe, you twist scientific definitions, principles, apply them incorrectly and then claim you have discovered something all other theoretical Physicists missed.

Like I said you are delusional.  Whether it is a dome over flat Earth, Christian, three entity God, or infinite entity outside of our universe, it makes no difference.  The ideas you guys present are ridiculous.  Simply a nonsense.

The only question remains what drives people to believe in nonsense?  Is is some sort of false validation that you seek?

Standard for you. You can't contradict anything that I said scientifically, so you lie about what I said and badmouth me.

Cool

I did, you just continue to ignore the reality.  Complexity increases here on Earth.  Evolution is marching on.  Entropy decreases due to energy from the Sun.  Emergence is a real, observable phenomena.

You are stuck in your world view.  You ignore the facts to protect your God concept.

Except for the fact that nobody has even one factual evolution example where they can say that this thing right here has converted from that other thing via evolution... not even one. All we see are changes due to adaptation, or billions of examples of like begets like.

The thing that marches on is evolution science fiction in the minds of retards.

Evolution is probably the greatest example of people believing that something is scientific, but doing so in a completely non-scientific way. Big bang is another. Black hole theory is another. And to your credit, flat earth theory is another.

Cool

yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:04:27 AM

Atheism is also a belief, no less than any other. Freedom of belief is not only the freedom to believe in what is taught, but also the freedom not to believe in it.

I prefer atheism to theism because many theists would make atheism unfree.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 11:58:25 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2018, 09:18:56 PM by af_newbie

Anyway, your mind is made up.   No point to discuss anything with you.

You, notbatman and coincube are all the same.  Delusional.  You are ignoring basic science, you want to believe what you want to believe, you twist scientific definitions, principles, apply them incorrectly and then claim you have discovered something all other theoretical Physicists missed.

Like I said you are delusional.  Whether it is a dome over flat Earth, Christian, three entity God, or infinite entity outside of our universe, it makes no difference.  The ideas you guys present are ridiculous.  Simply a nonsense.

The only question remains what drives people to believe in nonsense?  Is is some sort of false validation that you seek?

Cool

I did, you just continue to ignore the reality.  Complexity increases here on Earth.  Evolution is marching on.  Entropy decreases due to energy from the Sun.  Emergence is a real, observable phenomena.

You are stuck in your world view.  You ignore the facts to protect your God concept.

Except for the fact that nobody has even one factual evolution example where they can say that this thing right here has converted from that other thing via evolution... not even one. All we see are changes due to adaptation, or billions of examples of like begets like.

The thing that marches on is evolution science fiction in the minds of retards.

Evolution is probably the greatest example of people believing that something is scientific, but doing so in a completely non-scientific way. Big bang is another. Black hole theory is another. And to your credit, flat earth theory is another.

Cool

Flat Earth is a Christian invention.

https://www.lockhaven.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:08:14 PM

The truth is a proposition based on factual evidence.
Therefore, anyone searching for the truth has first of all ask himself: what reasonable amount of evidence would be required to make me change my mind.
The problem with many believers is that they are not on a quest to discover truth, rather their goal is much simpler: keep believing no matter what kind of evidence is shown to them.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
ConquerGold

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:51:59 AM

The truth is a proposition based on factual evidence.
Therefore, anyone searching for the truth has first of all ask himself: what reasonable amount of evidence would be required to make me change my mind.
The problem with many believers is that they are not on a quest to discover truth, rather their goal is much simpler: keep believing no matter what kind of evidence is shown to them.

Are you a theosophist??? How do you know that you know? How do you know that you know the truth? Well, believers would way it's faith, no need to argue though I'm curious about the evidence.
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:45:24 PM

Of course, evidence is based on what is empirical observable.

If what we can observe (not necessarily with our senses, since we already know they don't show us what reality is, on the atomic and subatomic level) is completely real is a different issue.

But what we observe can kill us.

What people believe in out of pure faith will have a much harder time killing them.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Solmir

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:05:06 PM

Im an atheist because i simply never believe in something that has been never prooved.
And the only proof that god exists is a bible,a book made thousands year ago by some naive people who got tricked with jesus magical tricks.

Sooooo many brain washed people in the world.

Why does religion matter?
Keep it at home and in your holy temple.

Thats it.. That is where it belongs.
Not in politics or any other place that has any kind of influence of other people.
MetalKript

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:05:18 AM

I don't understand how people can believe in GOD if so many scientific discoveries have been made.Of course it is easier to rely on God not on yourself and blame God in your failures.That's why I don't believe in God.
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:16:21 PM

"There is no use to invent a helping imaginary "friend" who will offer you immortality."

---> I think its important to start something like this if we had experiences joining in the church of what we believe we belong. Being an atheist is a choice, but I love being a theist yet unpractical. It gives me freedom of what is like to be me now. Yet from time to time I've been experiencing a little pain that something is different, something is untold, something is unimaginable inside happening, feels like the energy you used to is not empowered. I think everything is a choice.
jaxteller

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

I don't understand how people can believe in GOD if so many scientific discoveries have been made.Of course it is easier to rely on God not on yourself and blame God in your failures.That's why I don't believe in God.

I don't understand how people can believe that the universe and the planets in that universe just magically came to be. Also, I never heard someone blaming God for failures, would be kind of weird, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
luckybar

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:57:25 PM

Well no one can prove that god doesn't exist either.

Don't even get me started on the Scientology cult.  I saw an inteview with Leah Remini on the Joe Rogan podcast, I never realized how batshit crazy that religion is.  They also are stealing billions of dollars from their slaves.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:34:12 AM

Don't even get me started on the Scientology cult.  I saw an inteview with Leah Remini on the Joe Rogan podcast, I never realized how batshit crazy that religion is.  They also are stealing billions of dollars from their slaves.

Why is it so obvious to everyone that Scientology, Mormons, etc are bullshit cults, but they can't see it in their own religion?
FroggysDoggy

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:01:55 PM

I'm an atheist, but the idea that the existence of God can neither be proved nor disproved demonstrates how intellectually weak we are...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:09:30 PM

Nature proves intelligent design. If there is intelligent design, there must be an Intelligent Designer.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/07/fred-reed/signature-in-the-cell-and-intelligent-design/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHkfWr5TEo

Cool

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:09:37 AM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

Don't even get me started on the Scientology cult.  I saw an inteview with Leah Remini on the Joe Rogan podcast, I never realized how batshit crazy that religion is.  They also are stealing billions of dollars from their slaves.

I'm an atheist, but the idea that the existence of God can neither be proved nor disproved demonstrates how intellectually weak we are...

Nobody can prove there isn't a Flying Spaghetti Monster either, but it doesn't make the idea plausible

God could easily be proven true, all he has to do is show himself to the world... If he really is god, that would be easy, right?  But alas, god is the hide and seek champion of the universe for 2000 years running

We can test claims about god, like the efficacy of prayer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer#The_STEP_project

Harvard professor Herbert Benson performed a "Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP)" in 2006.[39] The STEP, commonly called the "Templeton Foundation prayer study" or "Great Prayer Experiment", used 1,802 coronary artery bypass surgery patients at six hospitals. Using double-blind protocols, patients were randomized into three groups, individual prayer receptiveness was not measured. The members of the experimental and control Groups 1 and 2 were informed they might or might not receive prayers, and only Group 1 received prayers. Group 3, which served as a test for possible psychosomatic effects, was informed they would receive prayers and subsequently did. Unlike some other studies, STEP attempted to standardize the prayer method. Only first names and last initial for patients were provided and no photographs were supplied. The congregations of three Christian churches who prayed for the patients "were allowed to pray in their own manner, but they were instructed to include the following phrase in their prayers: "for a successful surgery with a quick, healthy recovery and no complications".[40] Some participants complained that this mechanical way they were told to pray as part of the experiment was unusual for them. Complications of surgery occurred in 52 percent of those who received prayer (Group 1), 51 percent of those who did not receive it (Group 2), and 59 percent of patients who knew they would receive prayers (Group 3)

According to this study, knowing that people are praying for you gives a worse result  (note: Templeton Foundation is a religious organization)

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:11:48 PM

Harvard professor Herbert Benson performed a "Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP)" in 2006.[39] The STEP, commonly called the "Templeton Foundation prayer study" or "Great Prayer Experiment", used 1,802 coronary artery bypass surgery patients at six hospitals. Using double-blind protocols, patients were randomized into three groups, individual prayer receptiveness was not measured. The members of the experimental and control Groups 1 and 2 were informed they might or might not receive prayers, and only Group 1 received prayers. Group 3, which served as a test for possible psychosomatic effects, was informed they would receive prayers and subsequently did. Unlike some other studies, STEP attempted to standardize the prayer method. Only first names and last initial for patients were provided and no photographs were supplied. The congregations of three Christian churches who prayed for the patients "were allowed to pray in their own manner, but they were instructed to include the following phrase in their prayers: "for a successful surgery with a quick, healthy recovery and no complications".[40] Some participants complained that this mechanical way they were told to pray as part of the experiment was unusual for them. Complications of surgery occurred in 52 percent of those who received prayer (Group 1), 51 percent of those who did not receive it (Group 2), and 59 percent of patients who knew they would receive prayers (Group 3)

According to this study, knowing that people are praying for you gives a worse result  (note: Templeton Foundation is a religious organization)

All you are saying is that if people don't know that they are being prayed for, the results are better.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: