Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
Rupok

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:04:29 PM

Atheists are those who do not believe in religion.I believe in religion in my heart. I believe that creation is the Creator, He created the world.He has laid our lives for worshiping Him. Therefore, I am not an atheist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:10:44 PM

Atheists are those who do not believe in religion.I believe in religion in my heart. I believe that creation is the Creator, He created the world.He has laid our lives for worshiping Him. Therefore, I am not an atheist.

In other words, atheists are kind of blind and dumb. Why? Because atheism is one of the stupidist religions around. And atheists can't even see it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:42:29 PM

Since the "soul" has to interact with the body to control it, the "soul" couldn't be a pure metaphysical “substance”, it should be physical, composed of particles/energy (which is the same, as Einstein said) or it couldn’t “command the body”.

The so-called dualism, arguing for a main difference of nature between mind (or soul) and body, imply a direct violation of the Second law of thermodynamics [see, for instance,
Harold Morowitz, The Mind Body Problem and The Second Law of Thermodynamics (http://newdualism.org/papers/H.Morowitz/Morowitz-BandP-1987.pdf)].

Thus, as a system of physical particles, the soul would be subject necessarily to an increase of entropy and therefore to decay and dissolute on smaller particles: on other words, to death.

Moreover, at least until now, the CERN's Large Hadron Collider didn’t find any particle compatible with any "soul".

Some even say that if this particle wasn’t already found, it won’t ever be because, taking in account the levels of energy at which the body works, it had to showed up by now (http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/771662/Brian-Cox-Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-GHOST-LHC).

I have to add this argument against the "soul" to the Op in due time.

Of course, the same reasoning applies to god. In order to be able to create the Universe, he had to have physical nature. An ethereal substance couldn’t create physical particles or changed them in order to cause the Big Bang. The same must said about his ability to make “miracles”.

But I guess that with god everything is fair game, including claim that he can change him self from a “perfect substance” into a physical nature and back again. God is the supreme chameleon.

How exactly would you use the concept of a physical soul to explain the survival of the personality?

The top cases demonstrating the survival of the human personality after the demise of the physical body.
http://www.aeces.info/Top40/top40-main.shtml
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:32:26 PM

The main thing is not that atheists do not believe in religion, the main thing that they are not ready to accept any claims without evidence. The majority of people who say that believe in God don't believe in him. They only pretend to believe. They're just trying to protect yourself, what if God really exists.
Yza_azY

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

★★★ http://www.btc4buy.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 10:36:12 PM

Great Post.

remember:

"Religion is the opium of the people" is one of the most frequently paraphrased statements of German philosopher and economist Karl Marx. It was translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often rendered as "religion... is the opiate of the masses."

Marx.

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

ETHLend1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:05:49 AM

Great Post.

remember:

"Religion is the opium of the people" is one of the most frequently paraphrased statements of German philosopher and economist Karl Marx. It was translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" and is often rendered as "religion... is the opiate of the masses."

Marx.

Remember:

Even though this was philosophy, for those who adhere(d) to it, it is(was) also religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Yza_azY

Activity: 490

★★★ http://www.btc4buy.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 01:18:27 AM

Great Post.

remember:

Marx.

Remember:

Even though this was philosophy, for those who adhere(d) to it, it is(was) also religion.

Cool
^^

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

ETHLend1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:24:10 PM

Since the "soul" has to interact with the body to control it, the "soul" couldn't be a pure metaphysical “substance”, it should be physical, composed of particles/energy (which is the same, as Einstein said) or it couldn’t “command the body”.

The so-called dualism, arguing for a main difference of nature between mind (or soul) and body, imply a direct violation of the Second law of thermodynamics [see, for instance,
Harold Morowitz, The Mind Body Problem and The Second Law of Thermodynamics (http://newdualism.org/papers/H.Morowitz/Morowitz-BandP-1987.pdf)].

Thus, as a system of physical particles, the soul would be subject necessarily to an increase of entropy and therefore to decay and dissolute on smaller particles: on other words, to death.

Moreover, at least until now, the CERN's Large Hadron Collider didn’t find any particle compatible with any "soul".

Some even say that if this particle wasn’t already found, it won’t ever be because, taking in account the levels of energy at which the body works, it had to showed up by now (http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/771662/Brian-Cox-Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-GHOST-LHC).

I have to add this argument against the "soul" to the Op in due time.

Of course, the same reasoning applies to god. In order to be able to create the Universe, he had to have physical nature. An ethereal substance couldn’t create physical particles or changed them in order to cause the Big Bang. The same must said about his ability to make “miracles”.

But I guess that with god everything is fair game, including claim that he can change him self from a “perfect substance” into a physical nature and back again. God is the supreme chameleon.

How exactly would you use the concept of a physical soul to explain the survival of the personality?

The top cases demonstrating the survival of the human personality after the demise of the physical body.
http://www.aeces.info/Top40/top40-main.shtml

Hello to all open-minded atheists,

Thanks for reading the cases, they really are, in my opinion, some of the strongest proof available.
I am still waiting for a rebuttal for these cases, it must include an explanation that is simple and adequate, but to me it seems that survival is the most simple and adequate.
Quietman

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:56:33 AM

Religitards think their shit don't stink...

They think they are better than everyone else (God's special/chosen people)

They think everyone else is doomed to hell, and certainly not worthy of being treated with common decency or respect

How sad it must be to believe you are inherently superior to anyone based on believing a fairy tale... What the fuck is wrong with people?

Maybe your believe and faith in God was lost because of your different painful experiences in life.

Thinking your must superior for no one?

Or, believing every one exist because of evolution?

It is between you and God on how you respect your belief.
Elcapsono

Activity: 434

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:41:53 PM

They think everyone else is doomed to hell, and certainly not worthy of being treated with common decency or respect

How sad it must be to believe you are inherently superior to anyone based on believing a fairy tale... What the fuck is wrong with people?

Maybe your believe and faith in God was lost because of your different painful experiences in life.

I do not know how to whom, but for me to do Even the very words of an atheist sound a little insulting. How would I not believe in God weakly or strongly But I'm even very afraid of speaking out negatively, so that everything does not sound like blasphemy. There is some kind of fear in this.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:45:56 PM

I do not know how to whom, but for me to do Even the very words of an atheist sound a little insulting. How would I not believe in God weakly or strongly But I'm even very afraid of speaking out negatively, so that everything does not sound like blasphemy. There is some kind of fear in this.

When a person states that he is an atheist, he is simply being defiant.

What is he being defiant against? Natural knowledge of God in His heart.

Why is he not fearful? Because God is patient. Because the so-called atheist's impending death and doom seem far away. Because God does things in His own time, and the defiance of mankind doesn't do anything to God at all. Because when God waits, he is showing the defiant person that all his defiance doesn't do anything at all.

God didn't make people for the purpose of causing their own stupid destruction. Rather, He made them so that they can be His children for a time. Children get to have the same kind of glory as their parents, even though much of it comes after the children grow up. That's what God wants for us.

Let the person who tries to ignore God continue on his ignorant way. All he is doing is destroying his chance for a glorious future. Let him destroy himself, since that is what he seems to want.

Cool

mobilezz

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:22:38 PM

Probably you are brought up in strict traditions. You have fear of God. It is not right. You must understand that God is good and he always cares for you.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:57:03 PM

Probably you are brought up in strict traditions. You have fear of God. It is not right. You must understand that God is good and he always cares for you.

But God has destroyed some people in the past. And nobody seems to have good health in this life for more than 100 years, or so. And then he dies.

How can I be good enough to be sure that God will let me be healthy and safe forever?

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:05:27 PM

Even if you use your brain to reason that he does not exist.  He still 'loves' you.  

He created hell because he 'loves' you.  Remember that.

Right. God created Hell because of people who wanted a place without God. He did it just for you, because He loves you.

Cool

Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

Even if you use your brain to reason that he does not exist.  He still 'loves' you.  

He created hell because he 'loves' you.  Remember that.

Right. God created Hell because of people who wanted a place without God. He did it just for you, because He loves you.

Cool

Are you sure?  Maybe Allah will put YOU there for no believing in him ROFL....
As far as I can judge the current situation in the world. I so want to assure you that atheism is like the plague of the 21st century, a kind of virus that infects people and salvation from it for the time being is not yet visible.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:07:00 PM

It's all your choice whether to be an atheist or not, am not against atheist but I think it's stupid to think that there is no supreme being out there in the entire universe. Just saying though, meant no offense.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:17:20 PM

It's all your choice whether to be an atheist or not, am not against atheist but I think it's stupid to think that there is no supreme being out there in the entire universe. Just saying though, meant no offense.

No, it's never your choice to be an atheist... at least if you are aware of the concept of God. Why not? Because if you know of the concept of God, you automatically believe that He might exist somewhere you haven't examined yet.

A so-called atheist might want to be an atheist. He might be trying to convince himself that he is an atheist. He might have an agenda where he is promoting the atheism idea. But he is not an atheist.

Atheism has to do with believing that God doesn't exist. So-called atheists don't believe such. They aren't atheists, no matter how much they like to state that they are.

Nobody is strong enough, mentally, that he can believe wholeheartedly something is true when he knows that the opposite might exist. And atheism doesn't leave room in the definition for believing anything else other than that God doesn't exist.

Cool

Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:14:10 PM

Small update.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:45:02 PM

I am atheist because of religious people's behaviours make me sick. People who believe in any religion have no ethics and they can easily kill people for the sake of their so-called religion ... Because this vicious reality, I am an atheist...
Ben-carson

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

How you do anything is how you do everything..

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:34:57 PM

I believe in the existence of a super natural being(s). Personally i have been brought up in a liberal family and i have made my personal pursuits.

But there are many real things in my own life that cant be explained by mere science. I believe in the existence of supernatural beings who oversee some parts of our lives, but i dont think any religion is accurate in the allegations they make. I agree that many parts of the religious literature feel like personal feelings and imaginations.

Good post, thank you.

Be good, do good, make better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: