Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:41:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver  (Read 77021 times)
DoctorBugsBunny

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

As you sow, so shall you reap.

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:41:24 PM

FYI, orders are building back up.  The market is not naive and knows exactly what is going on.  Let the dust settle first.

You can say that again!

Silk has major potential. When word gets out to the masses, SILK will easily top 15k by years end, or probably within a couple of months. Furthermore, that will only be the beginning of the SILK ecosystem.

Mineable ERC 20 tokens are the future.
DoctorBugsBunny

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

As you sow, so shall you reap.

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:44:24 PM

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

And nobody has stilled explained the great announcement of the day you guys were counting down the hours to? I saw the pretty picture but I didn't notice it saying anything new or definitely not worthy of a countdown...

We can agree that, in your understanding, that Silkcoin used to be a simple chain brushed aside to be replaced by DarkSilk right?
Can you answer me what Silk is to you when talking about the Silk Network?

I'll run you through to see if you get the picture.

Could you just answer the question.. what happened at the end of the countdown? This wasn't just your post the devs said release mid this month.. so what was the countdown for?

There was no talk of release for mid month July.  They talked about a possible July release.  Nothing was ever confirmed.

Oh sorry for misunderstanding the talk of a July release and a pending countdown subsequently to nothing... As the release they were talking about.  Investors beware of this coin. As previously noted they have a hard time keeping a block explorer up and is now the third botched release (announced and then never happened) that I've read that everyone here fuds and says doesn't not exist... We never said that.. get out of here you troll..

If this is the way this is run I have great concerns (as previous) about entrusting the entire silkcoin chain to their 3rd party exchange (the Weaver) remembering folks.. that if you want to keep your silk, you'll need to withdraw all of it from poloniex and your wallets and give it all to this team... Think about it for a sec.

I cannot wait for you to eat your words, hahahahahahaha

You are everything that is wrong with the cryptosphere my friend (I say friend lightly). We never announced a release of software, it was an announcement about Silk which was stated from the start by Orestes.

Also, yes, you will have to withdraw all your coins from the exchanges (that are soooooo trustworthy) and swap them on the Weaver which is developed and maintained by a public dev team.

If your keeping all your coins on Poloniex, well, your worries about security are obviously not paramount.

Oh and to confirm to everyone, yes, Silk will launch as stated, end of July.

I hope you've got some nice spices to put on those words, you might be able to get some from the caravan that is marching onwards, if your lucky.

Man I'm not even trolling you.  And I'd love to eat my freaking words.   Please feed them to me.  Sure end of the month.  Let's do it.  In the meantime keep your dogs on a leash to avoid anymore abstract 'market enthusiam' that pisses off future investors.  The crypto community and market for this kind of thing isn't really that large..  so start acting like the devs you claim to be.

PS.  I still don't understand what the announcement was... How is it any different then what was already planned?

Why are you even here? If you're not supporting this project, I think it's best for you to move on. Seriously man, I'm tired of seeing you in here all the time bashing the devs. They don't work for you, so if you don't like this project kindly move on to another.

Mineable ERC 20 tokens are the future.
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 08:45:15 PM

Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

And nobody has stilled explained the great announcement of the day you guys were counting down the hours to? I saw the pretty picture but I didn't notice it saying anything new or definitely not worthy of a countdown...

We can agree that, in your understanding, that Silkcoin used to be a simple chain brushed aside to be replaced by DarkSilk right?

Could you just answer the question.. what happened at the end of the countdown? This wasn't just your post the devs said release mid this month.. so what was the countdown for?

There was no talk of release for mid month July.  They talked about a possible July release.  Nothing was ever confirmed.

Oh sorry for misunderstanding the talk of a July release and a pending countdown subsequently to nothing... As the release they were talking about.  Investors beware of this coin. As previously noted they have a hard time keeping a block explorer up and is now the third botched release (announced and then never happened) that I've read that everyone here fuds and says doesn't not exist... We never said that.. get out of here you troll..

If this is the way this is run I have great concerns (as previous) about entrusting the entire silkcoin chain to their 3rd party exchange (the Weaver) remembering folks.. that if you want to keep your silk, you'll need to withdraw all of it from poloniex and your wallets and give it all to this team... Think about it for a sec.

You are everything that is wrong with the cryptosphere my friend (I say friend lightly). We never announced a release of software, it was an announcement about Silk which was stated from the start by Orestes.

Also, yes, you will have to withdraw all your coins from the exchanges (that are soooooo trustworthy) and swap them on the Weaver which is developed and maintained by a public dev team.

If your keeping all your coins on Poloniex, well, your worries about security are obviously not paramount.

I hope you've got some nice spices to put on those words, you might be able to get some from the caravan that is marching onwards, if your lucky.

Man I'm not even trolling you.  And I'd love to eat my freaking words.   Please feed them to me.  Sure end of the month.  Let's do it.  In the meantime keep your dogs on a leash to avoid anymore abstract 'market enthusiam' that pisses off future investors.  The crypto community and market for this kind of thing isn't really that large..  so start acting like the devs you claim to be.

PS.  I still don't understand what the announcement was... How is it any different then what was already planned?

Because everyone was asking why Silk matters if DarkSilk is about to be released on the world. This was to clarify and solidify the reasons to invest and use the upcoming Silk.
traK4Ubitl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:47:32 PM

FYI, orders are building back up.  The market is not naive and knows exactly what is going on.  Let the dust settle first.

You can say that again!

Silk has major potential. When word gets out to the masses, SILK will easily top 15k by years end, or probably within a couple of months. Furthermore, that will only be the beginning of the SILK ecosystem.

Yep about the 5th or 6th time I've seen this exact same chart.. lot of anticipation here.. let's see if frodo can deliver the ring or decide to keep it for himself hahahaha
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:49:18 PM

Extremely poor form.

PS.  I still don't understand what the announcement was... How is it any different then what was already planned?

Because everyone was asking why Silk matters if DarkSilk is about to be released on the world. This was to clarify and solidify the reasons to invest and use the upcoming Silk.

All it says it that darksilk will be backed by silk.   So does that mean the Silk network is buying up a ton of silk to peg value to darksilk? Or is this just metaphorically backed. .
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 08:49:45 PM

You can say that again!

Yep about the 5th or 6th time I've seen this exact same chart.. lot of anticipation here.. let's see if frodo can deliver the ring or decide to keep it for himself hahahaha

It's a screenshot taken about 10 minutes ago. Keep on lying mate, we'll continue not taking you seriously.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:53:38 PM

You can say that again!

It's a screenshot taken about 10 minutes ago. Keep on lying mate, we'll continue not taking you seriously.

Yes I know this is recent.  Not calling you a liar bro lol just saying I've seen this same market depth with silk multiple times befoee the devs don't deliver.
traK4Ubitl

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:58:10 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 09:13:39 PM by traK4Ubitl

But seriously back to the great announcement.   Darksilk will be backed by Silk.  

How does this work? The Silk network will buy up silkcoin to back the value of darksilk with?

Originally and what Spencer was paid excessive amounts of money to dev, was to burn silkcoin for darksilk.  Hence where the name was derived.  This is technically backed by silkcoin as silkcoin supply is decreased and those that chose could swap to a technologically superior coin.  

Now you are saying you're going to back a technologically superior coin with and inferior coin... Whereas the inferior coin has a secret market strategy of increasing its value.. aka the Weaver aka a multi pool with silk payouts.  

That's great.  Sure now when you guys beat the announcement drums..  and say darksilk will be backed by silk, please allow yourselves to give an accurate technical description of this for those dim witted folks like myself.  

Spencer you stole arteleis money, hijacked the project and turned it in a corporate whore.  Interestingly enough full of poetry and wand wavers doing magic work while you continue to delay and/or not deliver the contract you were paid for gratuitously and regularly.  

Unfortunately he is not here anymore as he lost everything to you.. so do your fucking job already.

Edit: and maybe do a personal friend of his a favor and add his freaking name to the Ann.  Show some respect man.

OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 09:14:49 PM

But seriously back to the great announcement.   Darksilk will be backed by Silk.  

How does this work? The Silk network will buy up silkcoin to back the value of darksilk with?

From the announcement:

"We expect a lot of questions and are happy to answer all of them save for those that will be answered by the coming white paper."

What you're asking about is presumably the main topic of the white paper, but with Silk launching at the end of the month you shouldn't have to wait long to get your answers.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
SLievensDRKSLK (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 09:31:29 PM

Originally and what Spencer was paid excessive amounts of money to dev, was to burn silkcoin for darksilk.  Hence where the name was derived.  This is technically backed by silkcoin as silkcoin supply is decreased and those that chose could swap to a technologically superior coin.  

Now you are saying you're going to back a technologically superior coin with and inferior coin... Whereas the inferior coin has a secret market strategy of increasing its value.. aka the Weaver aka a multi pool with silk payouts.  

That's great.  Sure now when you guys beat the announcement drums..  and say darksilk will be backed by silk, please allow yourselves to give an accurate technical description of this for those dim witted folks like myself.  

Spencer you stole arteleis money, hijacked the project and turned it in a corporate whore.  Interestingly enough full of poetry and wand wavers doing magic work while you continue to delay and/or not deliver the contract you were paid for gratuitously and regularly.  

Unfortunately he is not here anymore as he lost everything to you.. so do your fucking job already.

Edit: and maybe do a personal friend of his a favor and add his freaking name to the Ann.  Show some respect man.

If your accusing me of being a thief, come to my public address and confront me in person. Arteleis has my personal phone number, address, skype, facebook and every other detail. If I had stolen a penny I am sure I would of heard something about it from him directly, not from some idiot making blind accusations.

Come and tell me I am a thief to my face.

You are obviously getting desperate now that I have announced we are definitely releasing at the end of the month.

Reaching at straws.
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:45:17 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 11:12:30 PM by Orestes

The plan for Silk is quite sophisticated but yes it will be a strategy of increasing value. The exact workings will be published at a later time. What I can say is this, we will turn around the acquisition process, but i might have said that already.

There will be a continual process in place that ensures both the value of Silk and DarkSilk. This is not metaphorically, this is real backing!
It's not quite the same as pegging. Silk will receive backing as well btw.

Edit: and maybe do a personal friend of his a favor and add his freaking name to the Ann.  Show some respect man.

all accusations will be dispelled by our actions leaving you mumbling like a nitwit. the only accusation that might stick is on time delivery, but that is not unheard of in ICT. Just hold on to your Silkcoin, make the swap and be content. Once your friend can post for himself he will be welcomed.

Why can't he post through you? Is he dead or something? If there was any tangible proof that he is connected to you or that we could communicate with him I would have elaborated everything in detail from the very start. But it is impossible to reach him and you remain anonymous.

I will give you the concern of moral hazard though, that is a legit concern, I will have to look into that. Any ideas how we could work around it?
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 10:38:29 PM

My brain hurts...

ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:09:10 PM

To summarize: The price increase wasn’t a Pump and Dump, but rather was a show of enthusiasm regarding the information announcement. No big bagholders including myself sold any coins. Although I witnessed the price going too high and recognised the opportunity for a swing-trade, I didn’t take it. A market with an average trading volume over the past month of 3 bitcoin/day wouldn’t be able to cope with my orders: it would have pushed the price back to the 500s. So all angry words about investors getting F’d in the A: you didn’t get screwed, although you were on your knees begging for it. The fact that also devs and other members of the team didn’t dump only is a show of great ethics rather than false pretences.

Some of us have been on this caravan from the beginning
we had our stops but it was fun and like you said it would be foolish to jump off now

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:09:21 PM

Cryptotrader26

Welcome to the Silkworld

PS: I got that you're here way longer than your newbie account, just wanna to thank you for the great post
     I see you already met our delightful Fud, Have fun

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:18:29 PM

Extremely poor form.

Just to be clear, the only time you will be forced to use the Weaver is when we swap SILK for SLK. Once you have your slk you can move it all back to polo and trust them or do whatever you want
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:02:17 AM

So if silk is backing darksilk and vice versa then why have a darksilk ICO? Am I missing something? Thanks!
Orestes

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:10:20 AM

So if silk is backing darksilk and vice versa then why have a darksilk ICO? Am I missing something? Thanks!

SLK will be backed by BTC not DRKSLK
This backing is done through system process. The ICO fund has no relation to it.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 06:27:58 AM

Ok fine. We read up here.
Time to wait for more juicy news. The stone is rolling and that's good news.

It's probably the right time to start thinking about a new thread for DRKSLK, ICO and so on
Orestes

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:12:47 AM

Ok fine. We read up here.
Time to wait for more juicy news. The stone is rolling and that's good news.

It's probably the right time to start thinking about a new thread for DRKSLK, ICO and so on

Good idea, well launch is really soon now, a bit less than two weeks, I think at least a few days before should be good.
Cryptotrader26

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:36:22 AM

Cryptotrader26

Welcome to the Silkworld

PS: I got that you're here way longer than your newbie account, just wanna to thank you for the great post
     I see you already met our delightful Fud, Have fun
http://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpg

Haha ttoroie thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as the PS, I like introducing myself before addressing people/ taking part in a community I don't know. I look forward to clearing up some unfounded fud, and contribute to the caravan ✌🏻️
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: