Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
Connemara

Activity: 61
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 12:59:03 PM

Hello guys.
First of all, I want to say, that I have bought Margin and I have been using it for several weeks now. It’s a good piece of software and giving the value/price indicator, I personally think it’s unbeatable.
But… Wink every product could be a little bit better, so I allow myself to propose several functionalities.
Thanks for the really kind words! We already had some of your notes down as feature requests but as always, it's a matter of resources and demand from both B2B & B2C customers. Adding advanced order types is high on our roadmap! We want to make them as powerful as possible. So, it will take some time for these to be implemented properly.
We appreciate all the requests you wrote for us, especially adding images to make them clearer. It means a lot when our customers reach out to us with their ideas to help make margin better Smiley

Hi Sarah Smiley
Two more (quick one).

[11] Calculating price, while setting up a bot
When I'm starting a bot, it would be useful if there could be small label, telling me, how much of base currency I will spend buying second currency.

In this case, I'm buying 9 REP, but I don't know, how much ETH this 9 REP costs...

[12] Margin Maker - is the amount of buy/sell always the same?
If I set up a Margin Maker, will the amount bought/sold be always the same?
I mean, let's assume that:
+ I have 10 ETH
+ 1 REP = 1 ETH (for calculating purposes only)
+ I set up Margin Maker to buy 10 REP (let's skip fees for now)
+ bot buy 10 REPs for 10 ETH, and switch order to Sell for 1,2 ETH/REP
+ bot sell 10 REPs for 12 ETH
+ I have 12 ETH now...

Will then bot try to buy 10 REPs for 1 ETH? Frankly, I've never paid attention to that.
Would it be more logical to try to buy more REPs, because after 1st transaction (which is profitable) I have more of base currency.
Would it..? Or am I misthinking sth. here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluehorseshoe

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 09:19:09 PM

I have had and used Leonardo for three years now and still love it. The graphical interface is a large part of the appeal.
Connemara

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 08:48:05 AM

[13] Resume bot is hidden to much
I wasn't aware at all, that if I quit (or force close) program and then launch it again, I can resume my suspended bot.
IMHO this option is hidden. It should be right next to "suspended" label.
Spongecoinbob

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 03:44:11 PM

Hi guys, I'd just like to know if there is any way that Margin can add a log that tells you which bot on which time frame made each individual trade plus that trades pnl. I find that when running multiple bots on any given currency, it is hard to track which timeframe made the trade without spending a bit more time looking into it.
Also, trailing stops would be amazing!
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 04:30:37 PM

Hi guys, I'd just like to know if there is any way that Margin can add a log that tells you which bot on which time frame made each individual trade plus that trades pnl. I find that when running multiple bots on any given currency, it is hard to track which timeframe made the trade without spending a bit more time looking into it.

Hi, thanks for the requests! These are both features we would like to implement. Right now, only Bitfinex has support for trailing stop and stop orders in manual trading. You can also rename the strategies, which can help a bit when looking through the logs for specific details.

Warmly,
Sarah

Prescott2008

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 06:16:26 AM

Hi, everybody. I'd say immediately write this message through the interpreter, so that not swear if that Smiley
I bought this bot a long time ago.
then they changed the plan, made a subscription, now again changed to life.
 The question is that I did not use the bot because of the paid subscription!
Can I start using it again now ? since I bought the Proff version.
Connemara

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 08:40:56 AM

Hi, thanks for the requests! These are both features we would like to implement. Right now, only Bitfinex has support for trailing stop and stop orders in manual trading. You can also rename the strategies, which can help a bit when looking through the logs for specific details.

Warmly,
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
what about my ideas?

Would it be possible for you to write some ETA, even for some of them?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 10:52:19 AM

[13] Resume bot is hidden to much
I wasn't aware at all, that if I quit (or force close) program and then launch it again, I can resume my suspended bot.
IMHO this option is hidden. It should be right next to "suspended" label.

Hi, good point! I will make a ticket for this to think about where 'resume' would make the most sense and fit best.

Thanks,
Sarah

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 11:03:31 AM

Warmly,
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
what about my ideas?

Would it be possible for you to write some ETA, even for some of them?

margin doesn't have a public roadmap, so unfortunately, we cannot give an eta on when feature requests will be implemented. But, if we have a customers details, I add them to the card to notify them when a feature is implemented or a bug resolved.

Connemara

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:00:37 AM

Hi guys,
I wish to share with you my ideas about Margin UI. It's just a start, not everything is yet included and this is merely a draft (so, it's not actual artwork, but rather "direction").
What do you think?

Sorry for the links, but I'm unable to show images in post.

ORIGINAL:

MODIFIED:

lowered height of top tabs, "add new pair" next to tabs:

icons and setting moved to bottom taskbar
currencies show both total & free (not reserved) with rough calculation to fiat price:

current market price in form of line:

rebuilded order box, now it takes much less place, also buttons are coloured in conjuction with colors for buy/sell on the chart
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 03:12:52 PM

Hi guys,
I wish to share with you my ideas about Margin UI. It's just a start, not everything is yet included and this is merely a draft (so, it's not actual artwork, but rather "direction").
What do you think?

Thanks for the detailed feature requests! Some of these seem like a good fit for margin. Especially the current market price on the chart and the 'add new pair' suggestions. Thanks again for the feedback  Smiley

Warmly,
Sarah

Connemara

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 07:43:17 AM

Hi guys,
What do you think?

Thanks for the detailed feature requests! Some of these seem like a good fit for margin. Especially the current market price on the chart and the 'add new pair' suggestions. Thanks again for the feedback  Smiley

Warmly,
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
did you discussed internally my other ideas? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1467939.msg50128944#msg50128944
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 04:10:35 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2019, 04:59:11 PM by CTShaman

If you're really running a lot of pair on an exchange and have difficulty restarting, this is what worked for me.

IE. Binance */USDT pairs. What I did was to put the password into margin and then select Binance, to the right are the pair available including what you had trading with which are probably selected. Then uncheck all but the first one under USDT. [edited to add] Start margin!  Grin Then add all the pair you'll likely be trading one at a time, wait until they are all started before resuming any of them. Make sure the new pair are fully up and running before going on to the next resume. This worked for me today as I was wanting to add the 5 pair that were added in the last 17 days,

Looks like things are rolling again! Happy Trading!

CTShaman

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
CTShaman

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 03:26:09 AM

Trigger Buy Signal vs Min eff. buy gain [%] On EMA

[MY STORY]
1. Things started moving a little Min eff. buy gain wasn't activated.

After a year of depravity of trading action (besides down), wasn't interested in fine tuning, just amused by the subtle action.

2. Multiple trades a day, hmm.

Had my attention better keep the strategies in line.

3. Some pair taking parabolic trajectories that didn't make sense and eclipsed before succeeding.

Turn on the Min eff. buy gain to keep from buying so high only to crumble.

4. Everything in the green, stop all buys and turn on Min eff. buy gain

Looks like the real thing, ah so much better logical trades with moderate volatility

5. Three month high, four month high, five month high I've cleared all my November Hodls!

Now I'm have a battle with myself each time a pair transcends a percent or two without going back down to my Min eff. buy gain.

But slowly today I've weened myself away from the Trigger Buy Signal remembering the pain of the last two years leaving coin at a 3 month high because I reached to high. Yes, I still have hodls from June 22, an embarrassing number.

Something has changed within me, probably because I am up two months in a row, I've decided to leave some of the coin on the exchange for those that are still striving for their goals.

Not really an April Fools Joke, more of a joke on myself and how I realized the phases of this last bull movement.

Happy Trading,

CTShaman

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 07:22:45 AM

Hi guys,
What do you think?

Warmly,
Sarah
Hi Sarah,
did you discussed internally my other ideas? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1467939.msg50128944#msg50128944

Hi Conemara,

Yes, we gather together good ideas from our customers and add them to our backlog. The best ones rise to the top of the priority list and make it into our sprints. Don't be too disappointed if it takes a while as we also have some larger business contracts that we have to honour and they usually take priority as they bring margin a lot more revenue. But we are very committed to our retail customers and will continue to improve margin!

All the best,
Jonathan

Connemara

View Profile
April 02, 2019, 11:35:24 AM

Hi Jonathan,
no worries, I don't want to rush you in any way.
Keep up the good job!
CTShaman

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 03:01:54 AM

Trigger Buy Signal vs Min eff. buy gain [%] On EMA

[MY STORY]
1. Things started moving a little Min eff. buy gain wasn't activated.

After a year of depravity of trading action (besides down), wasn't interested in fine tuning, just amused by the subtle action.

2. Multiple trades a day, hmm.

Had my attention better keep the strategies in line.

3. Some pair taking parabolic trajectories that didn't make sense and eclipsed before succeeding.

Turn on the Min eff. buy gain to keep from buying so high only to crumble.

4. Everything in the green, stop all buys and turn on Min eff. buy gain

Looks like the real thing, ah so much better logical trades with moderate volatility

5. Three month high, four month high, five month high I've cleared all my November Hodls!

Now I'm have a battle with myself each time a pair transcends a percent or two without going back down to my Min eff. buy gain.

But slowly today I've weened myself away from the Trigger Buy Signal remembering the pain of the last two years leaving coin at a 3 month high because I reached to high. Yes, I still have hodls from June 22, an embarrassing number.

Something has changed within me, probably because I am up two months in a row, I've decided to leave some of the coin on the exchange for those that are still striving for their goals.

Not really an April Fools Joke, more of a joke on myself and how I realized the phases of this last bull movement.

Happy Trading,

CTShaman

Well I can admit my mistakes, I wholly underestimated the pent up demand of the market. As each pair comes up waiting to buy I've been stopping it and turning off Min eff. buy gain. All of the overbuys right after a sale put together have never caused me as much stress as watching two dozen pair gallop up the charts without a buy. It is a learning experience!  Shocked

CTShaman

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 02:25:51 PM

Notice that margin lifetime license pricing will increase next week to:

Starter $89 -> $129
Standard $169 -> $259
Professional $1999 -> $2999

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 08:39:56 AM

Heads up.

There is an issue with the ping pong bot. It is possible, but still unlikely, that it could double buy. We will release a patch for this today. In the meantime, a fix is to make sure you have a small balance on the coin you are about to buy using the ping pong bot.

Expect a patch later today.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 03:23:04 PM

margin 2.1.2 patch released

PingPong bot fix to ensure it stops if it cannot place a buy or a sell order to avoid double buys/sells. We are also working on a more elaborate fix that will allow the bot to minimally decrease the order amount to avoid not being able to place a buy/sell order because of some crazy fee/rounding issues.

There are two ways to grab it. Either click the Patch Available link in the margin login window or login to your account on https://margin.de and download from the website.

Not a customer but want to try it out? Download our free Demo here.

Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: