Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:59:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183483 times)
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 08:14:21 PM

At the present moment, Bitcoin still has not enough liquidity and stability in the market. So I believe that accepting btc as the main salary would be a better measure to be taken in the future.

but if it is started in the present then more people will become aware with this currency and the stores will started to accept it for their payment and you will see more physical exchanges in your country so it will not be any hurdle for you with bitcoin at the time when bitcoin is started to be given as salary instead of fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CloudStrife

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:35:12 PM

Although price instability, I could accept a portion of my salary in bitcoin, this way maybe I would be helping the btc ecosystem to develop.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:43:34 PM

I would if I can rely on getting paid for the work that I have done.
I have a feeling if you get paid in bitcoin your contract with work that you do is not as reliable if you were to be paid in fiat money.
That is just the feeling that I have encountered recently. Embarrassed
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:45:54 PM

As long as my salary isn't set in Bitcoin, no reason not too.  Probably would immediately sell some of it to lock in enough to be able to safely support myself and leave a little bit to float as an investment.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Abbybenson

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:47:31 PM

No. I won't accept bitcoins as my salary but I would like to pay someone bitcoins as their salary.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:54:14 AM

No. I won't accept bitcoins as my salary but I would like to pay someone bitcoins as their salary.

I think that is not going to be fair if you don't want to accept bitcoins as your salary but you wanted to pay some people bitcoin for their salaries. And I guess you don't want to take the risk in bitcoin. But I know what you feels, because me either I don't want to accept bitcoin as salary but if I work with bitcoin related job that would be fine.

Most of us here  want to avoid on the risk on bitcoins volatility thats why we dont like  to accept  our salary on bitcoin basis since  it would surely affect our  salary amount and also if we fully rely our fixed salary amount then its not advisable to accept bitcoin as our salary.

bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 03:44:09 AM

I think that is not going to be fair if you don't want to accept bitcoins as your salary but you wanted to pay some people bitcoin for their salaries. And I guess you don't want to take the risk in bitcoin. But I know what you feels, because me either I don't want to accept bitcoin as salary but if I work with bitcoin related job that would be fine.

Most of us here  want to avoid on the risk on bitcoins volatility thats why we dont like  to accept  our salary on bitcoin basis since  it would surely affect our  salary amount and also if we fully rely our fixed salary amount then its not advisable to accept bitcoin as our salary.

Well even I, I want to avoid that but I will just going to accept it when I did that if ever I worked with bitcoin. That is why it is really needed because my employer is going to be using bitcoin and I worked for bitcoin so I can't deny if ever the employer will going to pay me with bitcoins. So I will just going to adjust with it.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:12:25 AM

Well even I, I want to avoid that but I will just going to accept it when I did that if ever I worked with bitcoin. That is why it is really needed because my employer is going to be using bitcoin and I worked for bitcoin so I can't deny if ever the employer will going to pay me with bitcoins. So I will just going to adjust with it.

It depends on the  situation here if your employer   does   adopt bitcoin and used bitcoin as  you salary  then you  cant do  anything  about it but accept and  you are right  we made the adjustments on that.  Recieving bitcoin as  our salary would be  good if we dont  have  a family to raise and we dont  need money badly.

madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:38:38 AM

It depends on the  situation here if your employer   does   adopt bitcoin and used bitcoin as  you salary  then you  cant do  anything  about it but accept and  you are right  we made the adjustments on that.  Recieving bitcoin as  our salary would be  good if we dont  have  a family to raise and we dont  need money badly.
I think all people always need a money but specially for those people who already have own family it is not good to received in bitcoin with fluctuation of the price, much better to received on the fiat we are using to lessen the hassle of exchanging the bitcoin into fiat.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:21:14 AM

I think all people always need a money but specially for those people who already have own family it is not good to received in bitcoin with fluctuation of the price, much better to received on the fiat we are using to lessen the hassle of exchanging the bitcoin into fiat.

Yes if your family is dependent on your salary then its better to receive salary in fiat so that you can expect stable income every month, bitcoin will never give you steady income due to price volatility.
maudevang

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:33:22 AM

I think that I could not take it to accept Bitcoin as a salary because I do not think that I can pay my bills or food with Bitcoin.
So it would become a little to much work for me to be honest.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:45:30 AM

I think that I could not take it to accept Bitcoin as a salary because I do not think that I can pay my bills or food with Bitcoin.

If you are ultimately going to sell your coins to fiat to spend them then its better not to go with bitcoins as every time you need to pay fees for converting them and it won't be profitable enough.
nova-rider

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:57:32 PM

In the current market situation, my answer probably would be no. It's necessary to happen greater expansion of the use of Bitcoin, to bring more liquidity to the market and to make btc more stable in price.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 08:04:27 PM

If you are ultimately going to sell your coins to fiat to spend them then its better not to go with bitcoins as every time you need to pay fees for converting them and it won't be profitable enough.
Fees for conversions aren't that high nowadays, especially because of the amount of services in the market that offer these options. Fees go lower and lower.

But if the intention is to convert the coins to fiat at some point, then there is no real point into accepting Bitcoin as salary.

If you only look to have Bitcoin as an investment, then you can start buying them without the need of getting paid in Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:33:20 PM

In the current market situation, my answer probably would be no. It's necessary to happen greater expansion of the use of Bitcoin, to bring more liquidity to the market and to make btc more stable in price.

is that not good for the expansion of the use of bitcoin to start the payment of salary in bitcoin? if the salaries will be started in bitcoin then people will know about bitcoin and local shops will start to accept bitcoin, in order to give convenience to those who will want to use their bitcoins directly.
bluechipinvestor

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:04:57 AM

I could consider to accept part  of it in bitcoin. If more people start  doing this, the better for the  price and for the liquidity , and the lower  may be the volatility in the future..
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:11:09 AM

I think it is not implied that you will not convert your bitcoin to fiat, so you can pay your bills. I think the OP wants to know if you want to receive your salary directly on bitcoin and if you are willing to take the risk.
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:15:01 AM

I could consider to accept part  of it in bitcoin. If more people start  doing this, the better for the  price and for the liquidity , and the lower  may be the volatility in the future..
Yups bitcoin volatlity is the main reason that i wont accept my salary in bitcoins and yes i may take only 10% of my salary in bitcoin but not more than that because that i can use as investement but for daily living we require fiat money to spend in local stores,shops or malls where we cannot use bitcoins yet.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:15:23 AM

let's see the fact, we join signature campaign and we get salary at bitcoin.
i think in future we will find more job avaible with bitcoin conected, of course the salary will be paid in bitcoin.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:18:19 AM

I would definitely accept Bitcoin as my salary. I'm tired of paying the government my income tax. In Bitcoin, no one can put tax on your since it is decentralized.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: