Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:48:48 PM

Unfinish coin established at 480k

Lol

Think when it be finish

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:55:18 PM

No, the community is not for 100%pos. This is a mistake to do so.

It needs to be pow/pos

I agree a hybrid PoW/PoS is good compromise.  However, it would be cool if it had more than iust one PoW algorythem, how you would intergrate that into the network i don't know. But being able to mine ETC with a sha-256 ASIC or a scrypt ASIC, a GPU, CPU or HHD even would open up the coin to even more people.   I hear you can mine Burstcoin with a phone as long as it has a reasonable size memory card in it.

The more inclusive we make this coin, the more peolpe will use it.

ETC need to show positive steps forward:

1. New Classic wallet
2. Remove the POW bomb and continue with POW.
3. Later decide if POW or POS is suitable but do 2 first.

etc... etc..

Show the community positive steps and do not get hung up of POS vs POW vs hybrid.

Ray you should come over and hang out on the Reddit and Slack and see what is going on... That appears to be the direction we are going... Lots of good things are happening.  Grin

Ethereum Classic Mist Wallet - 0.8.1 (1.4.10 go-ethereum)

@whatisgravity whatisgravity released this 3 days ago

This release contains a version of geth 1.4.10 specifically developed to work on the Ethereum Classic network. Without any flags, choices or additional setup you can use the Ethereum Classic network, with every feature working with ETC data.

https://github.com/ethereumproject/mist/releases/tag/5cbe0c0

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:11:24 PM

It needs to be pow/pos

I agree a hybrid PoW/PoS is good compromise.  However, it would be cool if it had more than iust one PoW algorythem, how you would intergrate that into the network i don't know. But being able to mine ETC with a sha-256 ASIC or a scrypt ASIC, a GPU, CPU or HHD even would open up the coin to even more people.   I hear you can mine Burstcoin with a phone as long as it has a reasonable size memory card in it.

1. New Classic wallet

etc... etc..

Show the community positive steps and do not get hung up of POS vs POW vs hybrid.

Ray you should come over and hang out on the Reddit and Slack and see what is going on... That appears to be the direction we are going... Lots of good things are happening.  Grin

Ethereum Classic Mist Wallet - 0.8.1 (1.4.10 go-ethereum)

@whatisgravity whatisgravity released this 3 days ago

This release contains a version of geth 1.4.10 specifically developed to work on the Ethereum Classic network. Without any flags, choices or additional setup you can use the Ethereum Classic network, with every feature working with ETC data.

https://github.com/ethereumproject/mist/releases/tag/5cbe0c0

Congratulations, progress is good and makes us all feel the viability of this project is in the right track!
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:12:38 PM

It needs to be pow/pos

1. New Classic wallet

etc... etc..

Thanks for the invite, I hate Reddit but I might poke and look in Slack from time to time.
greenuser

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:43:03 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2016, 05:14:48 PM by greenuser

Looks like ethereum is talking about posability going in the other direction.  I.E. Exclusive
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4vo559/vitalik_buterin_casper_poc3_backbone_simulations/

Crypto*Digger

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:49:20 PM

Good luck C*D

NEW ETHEREUM CLASSIC MIST WALLET ?
https://twitter.com/eth_classic/status/761427919776387072

I this correct? I'm still using Mist 0-5-2 Cheesy

Thanks mate

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★  E S P E R S  ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░▒▓▓▓▓    S E C U R E - E M A I L  ★  S I T E S - O N - B L O C K C H A I N  ★  P R O O F - O F - R E L I A B I L I T Y    ▓▓▓▓▒░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ★    ANN   |  CRYPTOCODERZ   |  TWITTER   |  FACEBOOK   |  EMAIL   |  EXPLORER     ★     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:37:28 PM

Looks like ethereum is talking about posability going in the other direction.  I.E. Exclusive
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4vo559/vitalik_buterin_casper_poc3_backbone_simulations/

Well that is all interesting... People are so filled with hate that they would try to close source or significantly modify ETH to try and make it incompatible with ETC.  That is really just sad. 

It proves to me that ETC needs to just start focusing on the future and doing what we need to do to make ETC a success.  Let's fix the diff bomb and replay attack as quickly as we can and then lets see how exciting things start to get from there.   Grin
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:55:02 PM

@ iCEBREAKER Have you considered relaxation?  Moreover; your argument would be at most critiqued and at least listened to if you toned down the language.  Would you let your Grandmother, Mother or your children read this thread?   If not, just think of all those potential crypto customers you will be losing.   

However, if you tone down the vocals and contribute to the debate, you will be made welcome.

Christ enough with the censorship already...and this is icebreaker on relax mode dude, you will know when the hull gets breached and he opens up on you. Apparently you madam are fairly new to bitcointalk. This is extremely tame compared to the usual psychosis, if you don't like the naughty words you certainly won't like it when the threats, all out brawls and doxxing madness goes down.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:00:28 PM

Are you using

http://etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3000/suprnova.5/50

or

stratum+tcp://etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3332

A stratum will be more effective.  Nano is not stratum?

@iCEBREAKER if we consider a hybrid algo we can attract more people and be more inclusive.  Also eth miners may want to join us after their PoS at Casper as there will be plenty of low cost GPUs going around.  ETH people will sell their GPUs and someone will buy them and use them here or feathercoin or whatever coin is bangin at the time,  Not long now!

I vote keep it pow indefinitely, eth is gonna switch and miners are going to be looking to switch to something. Keep Dagger, people already have everything setup plus I like how it doesn't roast my rigs. I think PoS is a mistake. Why give eth holders more free coins to dump? Pow is our best move here.
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:07:36 PM

This is my earning from rent hash for about 0.045 BTC in site prohashing
http://www.tinypic.pl/kp8czykqg0dk
LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:15:57 PM

sure ... etc is daggerhashimoto not scrypt ... go away with this scam shit
greenuser

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:22:04 PM

@ iCEBREAKER Have you considered relaxation?  Moreover; your argument would be at most critiqued and at least listened to if you toned down the language.  Would you let your Grandmother, Mother or your children read this thread?   If not, just think of all those potential crypto customers you will be losing.    

However, if you tone down the vocals and contribute to the debate, you will be made welcome.

Christ enough with the censorship already...and this is icebreaker on relax mode dude, you will know when the hull gets breached and he opens up on you. Apparently you madam are fairly new to bitcointalk. This is extremely tame compared to the usual psychosis, if you don't like the naughty words you certainly won't like it when the threats, all out brawls and doxxing madness goes down.

Hay, I have no issue with free speech, that's why I am willing to challenge at times.  Also, I like a laugh and can take a ribbing too but, I have friends that just can't handle this sort of space and we are pushing some real bright people away.  There are plenty of threads that you can say fu*k & sh!t and stuff like that as many times as you like all over this board.  

However, Crypto will go mainstream and we need to be at the front end of that.  Having a space where you can come for info and an environment where outsiders feel confident enough to ask questions without worry of ridicule is important.  Especially at a time where the ethereum community is divided.  

bitpop chooses who gets deleted, I do nothing more than appeal to peoples better nature.

Anyhow, I want PoW but then we lose the PoS people and they usualy have money to invest.  So if we go for a combination we will pick up the miners that drop off the other chain when casper arrives and get some whales too.

But we want to hear from everyone

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:30:09 PM

It's not a scam it's just a scrypt multipool that pays in whatever coin you want. If you keep an eye out sometimes it's possible to rent hash from nicehash and make some extra etc. But the conditions have to all fall into place, profitability on scrypt, price on NH, etc....I've been doing this on occasion for over a year.it usually only last 4-6 hours but a good way to gain profits...if your smart anyway.

Also greenuser or whatever your name is, it's pretty hard to survive as just a miner,I used to be that way too, didn't want anything to do with trading at all. But I met somebody awhile back that was a wall Street trader and damn good at it, she spent several nights teaching me how to trade and do it right. My mining profits over the last 3 or 4 years were pretty damn good, but once I got trading figured out I can usually at least double my btc most of the time way better than that even. It takes a little work and time investment to learn but is really the only way to support yourself on just crypto. I pastebinned all of our sessions and got her permission to share because the philosophy was the better everyone is at trading the better for the market overall. I'll try and find the link, it's been a few years and Im working 12-14 hour days doing structured cabling for one of Microsofts new data centers so gimme a little time lol
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:43:07 PM

@ iCEBREAKER Have you considered relaxation?  Moreover; your argument would be at most critiqued and at least listened to if you toned down the language.  Would you let your Grandmother, Mother or your children read this thread?   If not, just think of all those potential crypto customers you will be losing.    

Hay, I have no issue with free speech, that's why I am willing to challenge at times.  Also, I like a laugh and can take a ribbing too but, I have friends that just can't handle this sort of space and we are pushing some real bright people away.  There are plenty of threads that you can say fu*k & sh!t and stuff like that as many times as you like all over this board.  

However, Crypto will go mainstream and we need to be at the front end of that.  Having a space where you can come for info and an environment where outsiders feel confident enough to ask questions without worry of ridicule is important.  Especially at a time where the ethereum community is divided.  

bitpop chooses who gets deleted, I do nothing more than appeal to peoples better nature.

Anyhow, I want PoW but then we lose the PoS people and they usualy have money to invest.  So if we go for a combination we will pick up the miners that drop off the other chain when casper arrives and get some whales too.

But we want to hear from everyone

One of the advantages of a hybrid POW/POS is that as the tokens or coins are all out in circulation then the transition from POW to POS closes the gap for processing transactions on the network.  It also encourages people to hold tokens/coins longer term to get the benefits of staking which promotes stability within the ecosystem.  So the hybrid long term would be the best of both worlds. 

I see some saying it is unproven or risky, but there are other coins already doing it.  It isn't new.  I use the example of Novacoin because I am familiar with it and it is a hybrid POW/POS.  So we can follow the lead of those who are already doing this to possibly provide all the benefits of both growth and stability. 

greenuser

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:48:32 PM

Also greenuser or whatever your name is, it's pretty hard to survive as just a miner,I used to be that way too, didn't want anything to do with trading at all. But I met somebody awhile back that was a wall Street trader and damn good at it, she spent several nights teaching me how to trade and do it right. My mining profits over the last 3 or 4 years were pretty damn good, but once I got trading figured out I can usually at least double my btc most of the time way better than that even. It takes a little work and time investment to learn but is really the only way to support yourself on just crypto. I pastebinned all of our sessions and got her permission to share because the philosophy was the better everyone is at trading the better for the market overall. I'll try and find the link, it's been a few years and Im working 12-14 hour days doing structured cabling for one of Microsofts new data centers so gimme a little time lol

I've done my share of trading.  Before crypto in the 90s and early 2000 i was forex and Metals trading.  I remember Easter 2011, $50 oz Silver.  That was good fun.  I still have a silver position.  But as you get older, you care alot less about living in a constant state of "fight or flight", watching for green candles, using snow and working 24/7 as an electronics engineer.   It put me in the mad house.   Been there!

Good luck, keep it going as long as you can  Wink

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:54:05 PM

Nice to see theris been some updates and a new mist wallet come out. Will this fix the problem of having to download 2 lots of block chains or delete wallets. Maybe a future update to not cause problems is to have option built in to it to switch to ETC and you see your ETC coins and address then at a click of an option to move to ETC and have wallets their Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
LeChuckDE

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:05:43 PM

It's not a scam it's just a scrypt multipool that pays in whatever coin you want. If you keep an eye out sometimes it's possible to rent hash from nicehash and make some extra etc. But the conditions have to all fall into place, profitability on scrypt, price on NH, etc....I've been doing this on occasion for over a year.it usually only last 4-6 hours but a good way to gain profits...if your smart anyway.

hmmm, think about it.
You mine scrypt, and would get etc for it...
the multiminingpool must buy the etc to pay you.
buying are done due bots. Selling also.
now think why etc is dump and pump ....
that are the multipool bots mostly ...

bad for everyone because the price will be at a level 0.0043 - 0.0045 without any chances to rise without a whale going in ...
greenuser

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:06:19 PM

Nice to see theris been some updates and a new mist wallet come out. Will this fix the problem of having to download 2 lots of block chains or delete wallets. Maybe a future update to not cause problems is to have option built in to it to switch to ETC and you see your ETC coins and address then at a click of an option to move to ETC and have wallets their Smiley

The new wallet is CLASSIC only, just one chain to download.  If you want a client light wallet with no downloading of blockchain and a choice of ETC or ETH coins, you can use MyEtherWallet.com

szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:13:16 PM

hmmm, think about it.

bad for everyone because the price will be at a level 0.0043 - 0.0045 without any chances to rise without a whale going in ...
This is not scam with the same Mh/s in coinminers i have much less ETC.It is simple ypu chose what coin you have to payout,what adres,and % set up ,i set up 100% ETC minning,you can chose 70% ETC and 30% dodge.Whatever you want.This site only minning scrypt.
LeChuckDE

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 09:19:48 PM

hmmm, think about it.

This is not scam with the same Mh/s in coinminers i have much less ETC.It is simple ypu chose what coin you have to payout,what adres,and % set up ,i set up 100% ETC minning,you can chose 70% ETC and 30% dodge.Whatever you want.This site only minning scrypt.

hmmm, think about it.

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: