Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821050 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:40:56 PM

Wallets here:  
Ethereum Classic Mist Wallet - 0.8.1 (1.4.10 go-ethereum) by whatisgravity
https://github.com/ethereumproject/mist/releases/tag/5cbe0c0

I attempted to install this Wallet on a Windows 10 machine today and it is complaining when I run the EXE that it cannot find geth running.  So I am either doing it wrong, or the .exe is looking for the other software pieces to be installed and running which apparently are not part of this download. 

Have you got round this issue yet @Longsnowsm?  I have just tried to install on a windows 7 machine and had the same problem.  I went to start the node with a .bat file to see if that worked and i went to look in .../Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-1/resources/node/?    and...  no geth?

Nope, I haven't gotten around it.  The github says that it hasn't been tested yet.  So we probably need to let gravity know over on Slack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:52:38 PM

Wallets here: 

I attempted to install this Wallet on a Windows 10 machine today and it is complaining when I run the EXE that it cannot find geth running.  So I am either doing it wrong, or the .exe is looking for the other software pieces to be installed and running which apparently are not part of this download. 

Have you got round this issue yet @Longsnowsm?  I have just tried to install on a windows 7 machine and had the same problem.  I went to start the node with a .bat file to see if that worked and i went to look in .../Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-1/resources/node/?    and...  no geth?

Nope, I haven't gotten around it.  The github says that it hasn't been tested yet.  So we probably need to let gravity know over on Slack.

I posted it on the general ch.  I will put it on the dev ch too.

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:05:50 PM

Wallets here:  

I attempted to install this Wallet on a Windows 10 machine today and it is complaining when I run the EXE that it cannot find geth running.  So I am either doing it wrong, or the .exe is looking for the other software pieces to be installed and running which apparently are not part of this download.  

Have you got round this issue yet @Longsnowsm?  I have just tried to install on a windows 7 machine and had the same problem.  I went to start the node with a .bat file to see if that worked and i went to look in .../Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-1/resources/node/?    and...  no geth?

Nope, I haven't gotten around it.  The github says that it hasn't been tested yet.  So we probably need to let gravity know over on Slack.

Cool, Thanks!
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:13:23 PM

I cannot believe that we have millions at stake and Poloniex does not issue an official statement about ETC hacker funds. Sigh Sad
It would be to their benefit to issue a statement and reassure the community that if any suspicious activity is detected the funds would be frozen.  Shocked
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:16:02 PM

I cannot believe that we have millions at stake and Poloniex does not issue an official statement about ETC hacker funds. Sigh Sad
It would be to their benefit to issue a statement and reassure the community that if any suspicious activity is detected the funds would be frozen.  Shocked

this is crypto remember, shady as fuck
greenuser

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:16:39 PM

It would be to their benefit to issue a statement and reassure the community that if any suspicious activity is detected the funds would be frozen.  Shocked
Yes it is bad!
Interesting Stuff Here...  https://medium.com/@jackfru1t/the-robin-hood-group-and-etc-bdc6a0c111c3#.xwtwbvqqg

Some good news too...

https://steemit.com/ethereum/@digitalcash/charles-hoskinson-from-ethereum-classic-asks-questions-to-the-dash-community-about-the-dash-governance-model

http://www.ethnews.com/charles-hoskinson-tells-us-why-he-is-100-etc

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:31:36 PM

It would be to their benefit to issue a statement and reassure the community that if any suspicious activity is detected the funds would be frozen.  Shocked
Yes it is bad!
Interesting Stuff Here...  https://medium.com/@jackfru1t/the-robin-hood-group-and-etc-bdc6a0c111c3#.xwtwbvqqg

Some good news too...

https://steemit.com/ethereum/@digitalcash/charles-hoskinson-from-ethereum-classic-asks-questions-to-the-dash-community-about-the-dash-governance-model

http://www.ethnews.com/charles-hoskinson-tells-us-why-he-is-100-etc

Indeed!

By the same logic of Poloniex and others freezing the White-Hat hacked funds, how in the hell is the Black-Hat hacker going to dump his coins?  I assume there is an accurate trail of the wallets and transactions and Poloniex and others should be carefully aware otherwise it could be regarded as "aiding and abetting" the hacker to cash his stash!
greenuser

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 09:54:28 PM

I never understand Poloniex...  You get a coin like feathercoin, its been in the top 5 coins to mine profit wise (It's top now look https://www.whattomine.com/coins) for over 6 months now and they don't list it.

Hope they lose trade to bittrex, who list feathercoin along with Classic, Dash, Ethereum and all the others.  Feathercoin was one of the few coins up this afternoon, when almost all coins were down on Polo.

Here is Classic on Bittrex https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ETC

Mouyou

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:06:03 PM

what do you think about the bitcoin meeting where only very few core bitcoin core developer and only a few of the biggest bitcoin miners were invited? Do you think bitcoin is getting more and more centralized? And what do you think about ethereum and the hard fork? I think that bitcoin and ethereum are going to become more and more centralized because of the economic model behind them. Bitcoin is deflationary so the people who have the most money will be rich in bitcoin too. And in ethereum it is similar.  In both systehms there are no mechanism to prevent that rich people get richer without producing something usefull for the people like food, produkts or work for the people. Bitcoin is like gold and ethereum is like oil the only diffrent is that bitcoin and ethereum are virtuell so it is not like gold or oil it is not real. It is not doing something good for the people and it doesn't support people who do something usefull like producing food. Those systems are only for the richt. The poor can't profit from those systems. Yes transferring money is going to become cheaper with bitcoin and smart contracts are going to make machines going to be more independent. Bitcoin is a store of value really? You shouldnt store your money in bitcoin you should invest in your local community so the money circulates this is why money is nice because money is only alive if it moves. And why is ethereum inflationary? Does it make sens? Why does ethereum not have a negative interest instead of a inflationary system. If it would be negative interest the money would be easier to control. It would be easier because you could vote who will get the money. the money which get in there would always stay the same. In an inflationary system the economy has always to expand which is not good for enviroment. In an system with a negative interast and a fix ammount of money the exconomy doesen't have to get bigger it only can get faster and more efficent. The circulation speed of money is the key of economic success.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:07:42 PM

I never understand Poloniex...  You get a coin like feathercoin, its been in the top 5 coins to mine profit wise (It's top now look https://www.whattomine.com/coins) for over 6 months now and they don't list it.

Hope they lose trade to bittrex, who list feathercoin along with Classic, Dash, Ethereum and all the others.  Feathercoin was one of the few coins up this afternoon, when almost all coins were down on Polo.

Here is Classic on Bittrex https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ETC

Polo is big on new things with innovation. Etc I think was just there way of showing the community their thoughts towards bailout rollback nonsense. Either way etc owes them a great deal of gratitude for taking a chance on etc.

As far as governance of etc, no way. We need this to be organic and built by the community. Doge has the best community in crypto still, there is no leader, everyone is pretty good to each other and helps out anyway they can. I've been part of it since there were 5 posts on the subreddit. Ultimately things get done based on what's right, that's exactly what we have here and we need to embrace it.
Mouyou

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:12:53 PM

The only projekt I know who can solve lots of prblems is foundups not bitcoin not ehereum I thin foundups. Yes without bitcoin and ethereum foundups wouldn't be possible but eberything has to evolove and in the techincal wolrd things evolve very fast

https://hackaday.io/project/12597-foundups-selfless-blockchain-startups-for-all

https://www.patreon.com/foundup

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:13:24 PM

what do you think about the bitcoin meeting where only very few core bitcoin core developer and only a few of the biggest bitcoin miners were invited? Do you think bitcoin is getting more and more centralized? And what do you think about ethereum and the hard fork? I think that bitcoin and ethereum are going to become more and more centralized because of the economic model behind them. Bitcoin is deflationary so the people who have the most money will be rich in bitcoin too. And in ethereum it is similar.  In both systehms there are no mechanism to prevent that rich people get richer without producing something usefull for the people like food, produkts or work for the people. Bitcoin is like gold and ethereum is like oil the only diffrent is that bitcoin and ethereum are virtuell so it is not like gold or oil it is not real. It is not doing something good for the people and it doesn't support people who do something usefull like producing food. Those systems are only for the richt. The poor can't profit from those systems. Yes transferring money is going to become cheaper with bitcoin and smart contracts are going to make machines going to be more independent. Bitcoin is a store of value really? You shouldnt store your money in bitcoin you should invest in your local community so the money circulates this is why money is nice because money is only alive if it moves. And why is ethereum inflationary? Does it make sens? Why does ethereum not have a negative interest instead of a inflationary system. If it would be negative interest the money would be easier to control. It would be easier because you could vote who will get the money. the money which get in there would always stay the same. In an inflationary system the economy has always to expand which is not good for enviroment. In an system with a negative interast and a fix ammount of money the exconomy doesen't have to get bigger it only can get faster and more efficent. The circulation speed of money is the key of economic success.

Some valid points, the biggest thing about ethereum is pos at least bitcoin doesn't pay the people with the most even more money..., those dev/white black Robyn hood buterin foundation people holding the most, they will be the ones who get the majority of the stake from pos. People haven't caught on to that yet. PoS coins don't work, Crypto is about mining, alot of other stuff too but pow is a must for this to work.
greenuser

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:24:20 PM

Classic is about more than just money.  We have a dev team employed by the community.  They work for the community not the other way around. This is not a top down centralized organisation. The community is the "foundation".  A foundation for building a decentralised autonomous system.   

tylerderden is correct, it is currently organic and built by the community but it will eventually have governance built in and be an autonomous system that serves the public and creates employment.   You need to watch this to try to understand how we plan to scale this project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8oeiOeDq_Nc

WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:39:05 PM

Some valid points, the biggest thing about ethereum is pos at least bitcoin doesn't pay the people with the most even more money..., those dev/white black Robyn hood buterin foundation people holding the most, they will be the ones who get the majority of the stake from pos. People haven't caught on to that yet. PoS coins don't work, Crypto is about mining, alot of other stuff too but pow is a must for this to work.

This is a great analogy. Although, I think POS is going to be more energy efficient and faster, but only in mass adoption scale. Someday.

DELETED
greenuser

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:59:51 PM

This is a great analogy. Although, I think POS is going to be more energy efficient and faster, but only in mass adoption scale. Someday.

PoW is empirically verified and has ecological validity, i.e it has proven to have worked.  PoS on the other hand is still experimental.  Moreover: there are new emerging types of PoW.  Proof of Capacity for instance (PoC), which is very energy efficient to the extent you can mine with a smart phone.  This will allow Ethereum Classic to extend into underdeveloped countries like in Africa, Asia, South America.  The current direction of ethereum classic is PoW/PoS Hybrid. 
(Dash has just become PoW/PoS Hybrid.  If you stake 1000 Dash, you get to be a validating node and earn revenue from transactions )
If we offer both we will attract supporters of both

How we will build Ethereum Classic?

Decentralised Communication & Society
Decentralised Law
Decentralised Production of Goods, Services & Energy
Decentralised Monetary System

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:00:04 AM

Totally. Eventually it may be the way to go, in its current state no way. Look at every pos coin ever. Devs and friends sell off the stake until the price is not even worth mentioning. More than that it's a matter of principle, miners kept the chain alive, kept the hash up and kept etc relevant when it could have flatlined , we need the miners. Without them this isn't going to play out like everyone hopes. Alot of my friends around here are miners and so am I, no mining they will just move on then your at the mercy of traders shills and pumpertits
greenuser

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:43:16 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 04:15:08 AM by greenuser

Wallets here:  

I attempted to install this Wallet on a Windows 10 machine today and it is complaining when I run the EXE that it cannot find geth running.  So I am either doing it wrong, or the .exe is looking for the other software pieces to be installed and running which apparently are not part of this download.  

Have you got round this issue yet @Longsnowsm?  I have just tried to install on a windows 7 machine and had the same problem.  I went to start the node with a .bat file to see if that worked and i went to look in .../Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-1/resources/node/?    and...  no geth?

Nope, I haven't gotten around it.  The github says that it hasn't been tested yet.  So we probably need to let gravity know over on Slack.

@Longsnowsm  Get new geth here https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases/tag/6aaf5f3

Let me know how you get on please?  I got it going after some faffing around.  Let me know if you need me to do a fool proof how to.  Wink

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:16:14 AM

what happened to the 30+dapps that were supposed to be announced last week? did i miss them? are they any good? or was it all lies?

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 03:25:45 AM

what happened to the 30+dapps that were supposed to be announced last week? did i miss them? are they any good? or was it all lies?

Yeah it was to pump eth and turned out to be lies. They may be taking the time to migrate to etc

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:27:57 AM

Yeah it was to pump eth and turned out to be lies. They may be taking the time to migrate to etc
? lol wow you change your mind fast dont ya

how is announcing 30+dapps for etc going to help pump ETH? 
So truth is it was lies...thank you Roll Eyes

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: